Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant (37970 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Pastor Tunde Bakare's son & NYSC commandant trade slaps in NYSC Ondo camp / List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by JamesLucia: 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
[quote
author=waldigit ]

i doubt if you can really smell what you are saying. But pls. Bro all
things being equal was brutal assault on this lady right. I understand
that the international convention even in war situation is that harmless
civilian target is forbidden let alone an harmless woman. It may
interest you to know our country may remain the same until rapture.
[/quote]

absolute rubbish, obey before complain obedient is beta than sacrifice
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by basty: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
GEJ must hear this, the poor Girl should be flown to Isreal with immediate effect.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by dom(m): 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
Somorin#1:

Most excellent that you have experience on this.

Can I assume that you'll be offering your services to this victim then?

You seem to be particularly interested in my offering my services to her. Well, firstly, "ambulance chasing" is not permitted under the Rules of Professional Conduct in Nigeria. The client has to seek for legal services herself, and not the other way round. (unlike in the United states and some continental jurisdictions) Secondly, I have long left the bar. I'm presently on the lower bench and so cannot ethically represent her or any one for that matter. But suffice it to say that if the errant officer is arraigned before me I will throw the book at him and visit him with the full weight of the law.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2013
dom:

You seem to be particularly interested in my offering my services to her. Well, firstly, "ambulance chasing" is not permitted under the Rules of Professional Conduct in Nigeria. The client has to seek for legal services herself, and not the other way round. (unlike in the United states and some continental jurisdictions) Secondly, I have long left the bar. I'm presently on the lower bench and so cannot ethically represent her or any one for that matter. But suffice it to say that if the errant officer is arraigned before me I will throw the book at him and visit him with the full weight of the law.

An astute observance.

Yes, I beleive that part of the ways to effect changes is when you hit folks where they will feel it the most. Awarding large monetary compensation, does that.

Once a precedence is set that Commandants that abuse their authorities, regardless of the immature and idiotic behavior from stupidly emboldened civilians, will surfer financial damages then the issue will start to ebb.

You identified yourself as a man of legal profession, so apologies for assuming that you were still practising.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by lastpage: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2013
Tonyblinky: U get luck say na only spine u break,why on earth would u argue wit ur camp commandant?height of indiscipline,being a serving corper and went thru camping activities,its ovbious she is a mouthy person.sorry sha but it should serve as a lesson to others

KARMA is a Bi.atch!

Believe me, ONE DAY, in the not too distant future... YOU will remember the words you wrote here.
YOU have just offered a PRAYER for yourself. wink wink

YOU or somebody very dear to you will experience this sort of "Horror" or a worse form of it!

Then you will "feel it"...... as this Lady and her parents .....(and every other normal humanbeing)... are feeling it right now.

PLS KEEP IT UP. IT CALLED "FREEDOM" OF SPEECH......no matter how stewpid and silly that speech is.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by VolvoS60(m): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
ablyguy:

My brother I mean every word. You don't go into somebody's house and challenge the person for a fight. Whatever happens to you in there is justified. You were angry because I didn't call the commandant an animal like most people here who know nothing about millitary codes and practices. If she were soldier she would probably have gooten a bullet in the leg. The streets is different from a millitary camp or base. Know that before engaging a soldier for a fight!!! Most especially a commandant of the said camp. Yes he went too far but I won't call him an animal...

^^^^Sir,

Your reference to 'going into somebody's house to challenge him/her for a fight' as an analogy is inappropriate. The NYSC camp is not a military barracks. And even if it were, the soldier's conduct would still be inexcusable.

Sir, the commandant IS an animal. angry His conduct (if indeed this news story is true) shows him to be an animal through and through. The matter here has nothing to do with military codes and practices. The real issue here is a military that has institutionalized (for nearly half a century) a complete disregard among both the officer corps and the rank & file for ANYTHING remotely connected to civilians. This is the issue sir. Nothing else.

You say if the victim were a soldier she would probably have gotten a bullet in the leg. Fine. Your military friends can shoot themselves in the legs till nobody in the barracks can walk, but they should not bring that nonsense to the rest of us. We are not crazy.

Some posters have accused the victim of provocation and assigned half the blame to her. angry I cannot even bring myself to chide the victim, not even in the gentlest of terms. As I asked one of the other posters defending this nonsense by the NYSC commandant: Does the 'punishment' meted out to the victim fit the so-called 'crime'? Who among us has not had to relate with 'mouthy' women (and men!!)? Do we go round crushing their spines like lions in the savannah? angry

Some of us who are well adjusted individuals with a healthy sense of self are fed up with uniformed brutality. For 50 years the Nigerian army/navy/air force has behaved like an occupation force. And to what end? What have we gained? angry

South Korean military generals seized power in the last century and were determined to turn their country into an industrial powerhouse. As I'm sure you know, they succeeded. There are well known examples of how they simply blew up any steel plant that did not meet their strict standards for quality control. The Nigerian army on the other hand is better known for keeping unexploded military ordinance in open fields under the sun in a heavily built up urban area with no supervision. The negligence and incompetence was shocking (even by Nigerian standards) and it led to over 1000 fatalities when the inevitable happened. Over 1000 innocent people from all over Nigeria trying to earn a living in Lagos' harsh conditions - hardworking Nigerians determined to make something of themselves - and your army's stupidity cost them their lives.

Nigerian brasshats are a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by greggng: 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
some people lack manners. like i was told when i was in the orientation camp, ....we are subjected to regimental life style.This has to do with military way of life. Some of them still behave as if they are still in secondary school.They cant obey simple instruction. Imagine the lady asking a soldier if he can push his sister same way.I am not happy she is going through this but it could have been avoided. At iseyin camp i discovered that must ladies there are very rude.They cant wait for their turn to sign the book of life.One begins to wonder the difference between them and area boys on the street.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Orikinla(m): 5:32am On Jul 06, 2013
We are already addressing this case. The brute will be punished accordingly and he will certainly regret his brutality. These acts of insanity must be dealt with by all sane people. But since Nigeria has gone to the dogs, majority of her citizens have lost their humanity. When you visit the barracks of these characters in uniform, you will not be surprised by their lack of dignity. Majority of Nigerians are actually living in bondage and in denial of their predicament as noted in the comments of the lunatic fringe who you can tell behave like the brutes in uniform. Do majority of Nigerian men RESPECT Nigerian women? Or they use them as means to an end? Cooks, s+e+x objects and baby factories to give them kids that will bear their names and survive them when they die. That is why life in Nigeria is like watching wild life in the jungle. The tragedy of their predicament is they have accepted this as their fate. And they breed their kind. An ill bred generation without human dignity. .

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by joewee87: 6:38am On Jul 06, 2013
nkenu: In order to make a good judgement, one must hear from both parties involved in a case. I dont think we should call for the HEAD of the NYSC camp commandant yet without giving him a fear hearing from his own side. All the same, i sympathise with Mercy on her predicaments. Wishing her a very speedy recovery!

My broda that's bulls***t no matter what the girl did there is no law anywhere that states that her punishment is brutality. There is nothing to hear from the accused in question...as a commandant there are rules you follow and there are severe punishment to administer to anyone who breaks them not crippling them or causing bodily harm, that's an infringement on human rights.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by ekereku: 7:05am On Jul 06, 2013
If u work in a tertiary institution directly with d students, u will know y d officer acted that way. Most of d girls think that it is when they are in school that university education starts. Any other staff they see have nt gone thro tertiary institutions. They talk anyhow. Hw dear u stand to question an officer of d nigerian army? U wan show say u dey NYSC. All for her mind be say d officer no been go school, so she knows her right. U dey craze? If u like quote any law. E don happen, e don happen.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by joewee87: 7:16am On Jul 06, 2013
ablyguy:

My brother I mean every word. You don't go into somebody's house and challenge the person for a fight. Whatever happens to you in there is justified. You were angry because I didn't call the commandant an animal like most people here who know nothing about millitary codes and practices. If she were soldier she would probably have gooten a bullet in the leg. The streets is different from a millitary camp or base. Know that before engaging a soldier for a fight!!! Most especially a commandant of the said camp. Yes he went too far but I won't call him an animal...

F**k the Nigerian military code, the air force, navy and whatever force there maybe in this God forsaken country of ours. I mean how can such an act be supported You call a highly trained military commandant and a defenseless, harmless girl a fair challenge What kind of country do we live in huh? A country with no law or rather the laws are for the poor and defenseless. Let me ask you if it where your daughter or sister that was crippled what would your reaction be There is no where in the world any military personel is given the right to assault a harmless civilian let alone brutally molest them, if that were so then Afghanistan and Iraq would not have citizens now. So in the sense you're saying if the whole situation where to replay itself you would act in like terms? I assume you have experience in the so called "Military Code" probably you're in the army as well, so you hate to see you fellow comrad crusified because you know you all are the same.
@volvos60 i support you and call for justice in this case in the term of financial settlement. Let the full military be brought to book and pay dearly for this. Instead of them to face their mates in the likes of boko haram they are there taking on innocent and defenseless citizens.mtcheeeeew
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by joewee87: 8:25am On Jul 06, 2013
Tonyblinky: U get luck say na only spine u break,why on earth would u argue wit ur camp commandant?height of indiscipline,being a serving corper and went thru camping activities,its ovbious she is a mouthy person.sorry sha but it should serve as a lesson to others

Am greatly appalled by your level of callousness. Why are you talking like a depraved, callow and decadent fellow. We ought to chide this so called commandant for his abysmal and aghast behaviour. Being in the military does not give you carte-blanche over any citizen.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by joewee87: 8:39am On Jul 06, 2013

Am greatly appalled by your level of callousness. Why are you talking like a depraved, callow and decadent fellow. We ought to chide this so called commandant for his abysmal and aghast behaviour. Being in the military does not give you carte-blanche over any citizen.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by joewee87: 9:05am On Jul 06, 2013
VolvoS60:

^^^^Sir,

Your reference to 'going into somebody's house to challenge him/her for a fight' as an analogy is inappropriate. The NYSC camp is not a military barracks. And even if it were, the soldier's conduct would still be inexcusable.

Sir, the commandant IS an animal. angry His conduct (if indeed this news story is true) shows him to be an animal through and through. The matter here has nothing to do with military codes and practices. The real issue here is a military that has institutionalized (for nearly half a century) a complete disregard among both the officer corps and the rank & file for ANYTHING remotely connected to civilians. This is the issue sir. Nothing else.

You say if the victim were a soldier she would probably have gotten a bullet in the leg. Fine. Your military friends can shoot themselves in the legs till nobody in the barracks can walk, but they should not bring that nonsense to the rest of us. We are not crazy.

Some posters have accused the victim of provocation and assigned half the blame to her. angry I cannot even bring myself to chide the victim, not even in the gentlest of terms. As I asked one of the other posters defending this nonsense by the NYSC commandant: Does the 'punishment' meted out to the victim fit the so-called 'crime'? Who among us has not had to relate with 'mouthy' women (and men!!)? Do we go round crushing their spines like lions in the savannah? angry

Some of us who are well adjusted individuals with a healthy sense of self are fed up with uniformed brutality. For 50 years the Nigerian army/navy/air force has behaved like an occupation force. And to what end? What have we gained? angry

South Korean military generals seized power in the last century and were determined to turn their country into an industrial powerhouse. As I'm sure you know, they succeeded. There are well known examples of how they simply blew up any steel plant that did not meet their strict standards for quality control. The Nigerian army on the other hand is better known for keeping unexploded military ordinance in open fields under the sun in a heavily built up urban area with no supervision. The negligence and incompetence was shocking (even by Nigerian standards) and it led to over 1000 fatalities when the inevitable happened. Over 1000 innocent people from all over Nigeria trying to earn a living in Lagos' harsh conditions - hardworking Nigerians determined to make something of themselves - and your army's stupidity cost them their lives.

Preach brother....teach these low lifes their depravity and decadense. The Apogee of military brutality should be brought to a halt. They can't keep going about assailing innocent citizens

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by ablyguy(m): 9:40am On Jul 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by ablyguy(m): 9:52am On Jul 06, 2013
VolvoS60:

^^^^Sir,

I forgot to mention that the same millitary being called devils are the ones fighting insurgency in the north and are massacred daily like goats...

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by ablyguy(m): 10:10am On Jul 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by obi2012: 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
No man should lay his hand on a woman under any circumstances.. He is lucky he tried the in nigeria, here in Yankee, he'd be done.. Power drunk fool
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Rhemmymatician(m): 5:23am On Jul 07, 2013
In hindsight the Captain was wrong. But, do you think he set out to injure her spine? You call him an animal, a brute. If you have seen/experienced the military in such 'controlled' hostile situation, you will know that first thing they do is rake the person down. Now he could have done that and she'dd probably get injured, or not. But its the norm to get the person on the ground, most often in anyway possible.
My point is he didn't set out to injure her spine. He wanted her on the ground, and unfortunately she got badly injured in the process.

And whatever happened to equality? Please you people should stop stressing the 'woman' factor here.

Will I say so if it were my sister or my mother? Yes I will. because the truth must be said. You wonder, why was she the one kicked to the ground? I'm an human being just like the captain you don't give me a mouthful in front of my subordinates and then I look at you, smile and move on. No sir.
If I was in that shoe, will I try to fight for my friends right? Definitely.
Will I take a garrulous path or a diplomatic one? Diplomatic
Will I respect that I'm talking to a senior officer? One that is likely older than I am? Of course yes.
Bottom line: if I was in her shoes I won't suffer the consequences she's suffering now.

That said, I wish her quick recovery
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Rhemmymatician(m): 5:26am On Jul 07, 2013
obi2012: No man should lay his hand on a woman under any circumstances.. He is lucky he tried the in nigeria, here in Yankee, he'd be done.. Power drunk fool
Why? What is special about a woman. Are you not for equality again? (Pls notice I didn't cuss you o. Because I knw feminists are always quick to cuss)
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Rhemmymatician(m): 5:28am On Jul 07, 2013
ablyguy:

Strange how lawless individuals want others to obey the law. The girl herself, did she obey any law? Didn't she know she was defenseless before challenging his command? This tirade is one of the reasons the soldiers behave the way they do. You get what you give. We know ourselves.

Btw, I'm not in support of what the man did. Neither am I in support of what the girl did. I just don't want to call the man an animal and I abhore people who act foolishly and then come out to play the 'victim' card...

You have spoken very wise words my friend
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Rhemmymatician(m): 5:45am On Jul 07, 2013
dom:
i've not begrudged him the right to express his opinion, which as you know, is like an a55hole of which everyone has one.however, in expanding his intellectual horizon and enlightening him that a "whole captain of the nigerian army" isn't a god or deity I merely expressed my own opinion also. That a person is of the military doesnt give him a right to ride roughshod over unarmed civilians. Talk less of a lady. There's no justification for that whatsoever. to think that the assault was carried out - not by a rank and file rating - but by a commissioned officer who ought to know better is even more shameful&odious. 2 years ago my court registrar suffered a similar opprobrium in the hands of some jackboots. It only took a properly couched protest letter to the right authorities to get the errant officers remanded and substantial damages paid to her. The era of wanton military brutality is long gone. Anyone still worshipping them and glorifying their bestiality is merely a pusilanimous victim of mental masturbation.
Sir I would call your attention to a minor case I read of. The lady was arrested for something petty, I think the sentence was for her to do community service for 2 weeks or so. All through the sitting, she(the offender) was always chipping in snide remarks. After the Judge announced her sentence(community service) on her way out of the court she mouthed a 'Bleep-you' to the judge. Know what the 'wicked' 'brute' of a judge did? He called her back and handed the 'poor' 'innocent' girl a 3-month jail sentence, citing 'contempt to court' and some corny BS.
As a man of the law, wouldn't you say what the judge did is justified? Did anyone cuss the judge for that? No! He was praised gan sef.
My point is the judge was not blamed for using the extent of his powers against a 'poor', 'defenceless' lady. But when its a military man you now blame him?
As much as I respect you sir( I sure say you go reach my papa for age) I think you are not being objective.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by obi2012: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
Did your father not teach you not to raise your hands on a woman? Do you not know they are a weaker sex physically? Yes they are all for equality but does that mean you have to exert your physical strength on them? Maybe you dont have proper upbringing

Now we can all see why Nigeria is the way it is, look at most of the responses in this thread.. You are talking about a woman versus a man, a trained armed military man versus a civilian and you people are supporting the man for this act.

This is why our rights continually get violated, we cower in fear and constantly are brutalized by people we put in power. In other countries, the military is not feared but respected and admired, yet in Nigeria, the government, police and military people constantly violate our rights and we still cower in fear. How can a military man push a civilian woman and she questioned why she was pushed and you people say its her fault.

i was just on a flight into baltimore airport last week and a military C130 from iraq landed behind my flight. The announcement was made on the PA system that they had landed, see how the whole airport rushed to sing the national anthem and hug them and welcome them back for serving their country. Old people, kids and everyone that they never knew before rushing to welcome them back. When will we have national pride in our military and police? If we dont speak up, our military will never shape up.

In the US, you rarely see military people wear their uniforms unless they are on official assignment, you would never know they are military officers. In Nigeria, they use their uniforms to intimidate you. In Nigeria, the military goes somewhere on duty, all you hear about is how they raped women and beat up people.

The harassment has to stop at some point.

Rhemmymatician:
Why? What is special about a woman. Are you not for equality again? (Pls notice I didn't cuss you o. Because I knw feminists are always quick to cuss)
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by joewee87: 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
Rhemmymatician: In hindsight the Captain was wrong. But, do you think he set out to injure her spine? You call him an animal, a brute. If you have seen/experienced the military in such 'controlled' hostile situation, you will know that first thing they do is rake the person down. Now he could have done that and she'dd probably get injured, or not. But its the norm to get the person on the ground, most often in anyway possible.
My point is he didn't set out to injure her spine. He wanted her on the ground, and unfortunately she got badly injured in the process.

And whatever happened to equality? Please you people should stop stressing the 'woman' factor here.

Will I say so if it were my sister or my mother? Yes I will. because the truth must be said. You wonder, why was she the one kicked to the ground? I'm an human being just like the captain you don't give me a mouthful in front of my subordinates and then I look at you, smile and move on. No sir.
Will I respect that I'm talking to a senior officer? One that is likely older than I am? Of course yes.
Bottom line: if I was in her shoes I won't suffer the consequences she's suffering now.

My broda you have spoken your mind and in a way you spoke well but i would like to say we are never always truthful with ourselves. You said if it were your mother or sister you would say the same thing you said before and i say that's a lie...cos people always say they will never do anything evil until they find themselves in a predicament and then they blame the devil.
Now i know the commandant did not set out to hurt the girl but if she was being rude to him there are punishment that could have been melted out to her not physically hitting her....you talk about equality and that we should stop stressing the "woman" factor so i want to ask you if it were a man that was beaten the way the girl was would he have been crippled? My asnwer is no, because his body can take what his fellow man has to give...trained or not. In the military there are female commandants and superiors who handle female recruits (i don't need to be in the military to know that) so when they are training whatever happens can be justified. So please there is no equality in an experienced male commandant handling an inexperienced female ok.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by joewee87: 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
Rhemmymatician: In hindsight the Captain was wrong. But, do you think he set out to injure her spine? You call him an animal, a brute. If you have seen/experienced the military in such 'controlled' hostile situation, you will know that first thing they do is rake the person down. Now he could have done that and she'dd probably get injured, or not. But its the norm to get the person on the ground, most often in anyway possible.

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by joewee87: 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
ablyguy:

Strange how lawless individuals want others to obey the law. The girl herself, did she obey any law? Didn't she know she was defenseless before challenging his command? This tirade is one of the reasons the soldiers behave the way they do. You get what you give. We know ourselves.

Btw, I'm not in support of what the man did. Neither am I in support of what the girl did. I just don't want to call the man an animal and I abhore people who act foolishly and then come out to play the 'victim' card...

And you are playing the saint card, sitting on the fence...neither here nor there. I would like to ask you though...do you know the military rules and regulations and if yes could you please quote one that says if an officer of a lesser rank insults his superior the punishment is fatality? Now the issue is that she is not of the military and even if she were, physically assaulting her is not a punisment. I know a few rules back when i was in the man o war like when you are late for training you do 50 push-ups or you ride the bike or any other punishment that fits the situation (i don't ever recall being slapped or punched). Her offense was talking back at her superior which to me is a minor offense that the right punishment should have been given to her like the "pick a pin" or "frog jump" or any other befitting punishment which for women are harsh and tedious. So my brother let us be honest with ourselves, in Nigeria there is always the abuse of power. Let me tell you something there is a reason why this thing happened...to expose the rotteness of this people (truth be told if he knew she would be crippled he never would have laid a finger on her whether she cursed his full generation or worse).
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by joewee87: 11:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
obi2012: Did your father not teach you not to raise your hands on a woman? Do you not know they are a weaker sex physically? Yes they are all for equality but does that mean you have to exert your physical strength on them? Maybe you dont have proper upbringing

Now we can all see why Nigeria is the way it is, look at most of the responses in this thread.. You are talking about a woman versus a man, a trained armed military man versus a civilian and you people are supporting the man for this act.

This is why our rights continually get violated, we cower in fear and constantly are brutalized by people we put in power. In other countries, the military is not feared but respected and admired, yet in Nigeria, the government, police and military people constantly violate our rights and we still cower in fear. How can a military man push a civilian woman and she questioned why she was pushed and you people say its her fault.

i was just on a flight into baltimore airport last week and a military C130 from iraq landed behind my flight. The announcement was made on the PA system that they had landed, see how the whole airport rushed to sing the national anthem and hug them and welcome them back for serving their country. Old people, kids and everyone that they never knew before rushing to welcome them back. When will we have national pride in our military and police? If we dont speak up, our military will never shape up.

In the US, you rarely see military people wear their uniforms unless they are on official assignment, you would never know they are military officers. In Nigeria, they use their uniforms to intimidate you. In Nigeria, the military goes somewhere on duty, all you hear about is how they raped women and beat up people.

Abi oooo....please tell them because they fail to learn.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2013
obi2012: Did your father not teach you not to raise your hands on a woman? Do you not know they are a weaker sex physically? Yes they are all for equality but does that mean you have to exert your physical strength on them? MAYBE YOU DON'T HAVE PROPER UPBRINGING

Bros pls don't cuss/insult. You can get your point across without that.
That said, you asked if I had proper upbringing. Why didn't you ask if the girl(victim) had proper upbringing? Double standards? Or you just not objective.
Just so you know. The military does not discriminate btn a man and a woman. Everybody is equal.
I never blamed the lady wholly. She's PARTLY at fault. Like I said b4, I was so well brought up that, if I were in her shoes I won't suffer her predicament
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2013
joewee87:

And you are playing the saint card, sitting on the fence...neither here nor there. I would like to ask you though...do you know the military rules and regulations and if yes could you please quote one that says if an officer of a lesser rank insults his superior the punishment is fatality? Now the issue is that she is not of the military and even if she were, physically assaulting her is not a punisment. I know a few rules back when i was in the man o war like when you are late for training you do 50 push-ups or you ride the bike or any other punishment that fits the situation (i don't ever recall being slapped or punched). Her offense was talking back at her superior which to me is a minor offense that the right punishment should have been given to her like the "pick a pin" or "frog jump" or any other befitting punishment which for women are harsh and tedious. So my brother let us be honest with ourselves, in Nigeria there is always the abuse of power. Let me tell you something there is a reason why this thing happened...to expose the rotteness of this people (truth be told if he knew she would be crippled he never would have laid a finger on her whether she cursed his full generation or worse).
" ...And if yes could you please quote one that says if an officer of a lesser rank insults his superior the punishment is fatality?".... Depending on the level of insult, he could actually be court martialled
"..... insults his superior the punishment is fatality?" Sir, Fatality implies death, the lady didn't die.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by VolvoS60(m): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2013
ablyguy:

Well to clarify you. The orientation camp is under the command of the commandant, therefore it falls under millitary command and codes. I believe as a corper the moment you step into the camp you were read some rules and told to obey orders without questioning them. Is their any wisdom in the girl's act. Who is she?

The thing is that most of the people calling the man an animal are the same people that will slap a kid on the street for not greeting them. We Nigerians are rash, rude and most times irrational. So don't compare us with some other country. Millitary or no millitary, all are the same...

^^^^
You may defend this fellow's action from morning till night but it will not change the outcome. He is going to 'get served' and for that I am grateful.

The issue is not 'who the victim is or whether there is any wisdom in her act'. For the last time let me tell you that an NYSC camp may be under the supervision of a soldier as commandant but it is not a barracks and youth corpers are not soldiers. The rules of engagement are not the same.

In response to the rest of your post. . . let me assure you that there are millions of Nigerians who do not go round slapping kids for not greeting them. I for one do not. And yes, I may sometimes be rude, rash and irrational but I know my limits. Breaking young women's spines is simply not on the agenda. Your soldier friends clearly do not know their limits and they will soon find out.

With comments like 'military or no military we are all the same' it is clear you want to weaken the resolve of those who want to make sure this soldier faces the consequences of his actions. But you will fail.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by VolvoS60(m): 8:55am On Jul 08, 2013

^^^^
What are you saying sir? What are you saying? undecided

In one breath you justify the commandant's actions and in another you wish the victim a quick recovery. Show your hand and quit the doublespeak. There are incidents when blame can be assigned to all the parties in a dispute/conflict. This is NOT the case here. We should not blame the victim here. We have been doing that for far too long. And where has it taken us?

The soldier in question must be punished. Severely.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:58am On Jul 08, 2013
I reckon this is n issue that can be flogged till eternity and everybody will be right in his/her own right.
If you think he's a brute and set out to break her spine with a Karate Roundhouse chop, you are probably right. If you think otherwise, I'm sure uyou are right too.
But please cut out the cusses/insults. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State / Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures / NYSC-UPDATE:for Those Who Miss The Nationwide Headcount(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.