Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,069 members, 7,811,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant (37945 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Pastor Tunde Bakare's son & NYSC commandant trade slaps in NYSC Ondo camp / List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by chistar01(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
So sad.. Trying to imagine if her children would serve when she eventualy have kids
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by holuphisayor58: 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
And what else do we want from nigerian government if not JUSTICE
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by MarkRoyce(m): 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
I hope this incident has been reported to the Military Police,am very sure they will dismiss that officer if the corpers are bold enough to testify.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Bisioye2010: 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
holuphisayor58: And what else do we want from nigerian government if not JUSTICE
holuphisayor58: And what else do we want from nigerian government if not JUSTICE
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by ablyguy(m): 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Okijajuju1(m): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
The officer would face disciplinary actions as I know Gen Tsiga doesn't joke with the NYSC..

That said, the girl should have known better.. I saw an Army officer. Hhead butt a Man-O-War guy untilhe fainted in camp.. The Man-O-War guys offence was telling the army officer that they. Were all 'equals' in Camp. That night, the army officer was sent back to the barracks and I later learnt that notthing was done to him..

If you doubt that the Police are your friends, try the. Army.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by oluwacjay: 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
Omo dat comandant na bruce lee ni? Pls neva argue wit a soldeir, esp a combatant. Dey've lost deir joy many yrs ago.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by benchilovsky(m): 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
embarassed embarassed
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by naijatruth: 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
Stegomiah:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/no-mercy-for-mercy/
Is this, part of the clarion call?
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by VolvoS60(m): 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
ablyguy: A captain in the millitary is trained to give orders and to see to it that they are obeyed. Moreso when it involves his turf. When you're in a millitary camp you follow their rules without questioning them. This girl should have known that before opening her mouth to challenge him. She obviously or stupidly don't know what the gravity of her disobedience is to his career and his command. Nothing would happen to the soldier. He was trying to restore order. Sorry girl. Next time don't leave your brain behind. You're asking a commandant in his turf after he gave an order if it was his sister would he push him? Imagine! I can imagine how your countenance would like when you said it. I pray you get treated and to think before you speak...

^^^^
The beautiful thing about life is that what goes round comes round. So many posters have made posts like yours on this topic. Some are doing it just to provoke a reaction. There are others though, who mean every word of what they say. Which group do you fall into? You have justified what the soldier did, non? Your words will stand firm against you at the appointed time.

There is something deeply wrong in a country in which hefty armed men wearing the uniform of Nigeria's so-called armed forces routinely brutalize young women at will. A few years ago, armed naval ratings beat up a young woman on the streets of Lagos and almost stripped her naked because she didn't move quickly enough out of the way of a rear admiral's convoy. Today an NYSC commandant (if this story is true) has crushed the spine of another young woman over a matter that can only be regarded as a minor misunderstanding. What will tomorrow's story be?

It is sad that so many of the aggressive fellows posting on here to support the soldier do not understand that their future was mortgaged by the very soldiers whom they idolize. The same soldiers who ran the economy aground and turned their country's youth into nomads wandering across the globe in search of a living. The same soldiers who racked up billion dollar debts to foreign creditors that took decades to repay, at great cost to the poor misguided fellows posting here in support of lawlessness. The same soldiers who do not have the discipline to obey something as simple as traffic laws on Nigerian roads. The same soldiers who cannot secure Nigerian's coastal waters from deadly raids by Camerounian gendarmes.

Shame.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by bizzle2: 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
alyarmouk: A captain of the NIGERIAN ARMY directed that all shld go inside and you were still explaining.......... he even pushed you and you had the guts to ask the captain if he cld push his sister like that walahi u get luck na only spine you damage..
shows how rude you are.
B.C.
Shut da fuq up, she's a corp member nt a slave or a soldier,frm his very first push he was assaulting her. Under NO circumstance shld assault be permissible. He wants respect for his authority , where is his respect for d rule of law?
Cowards

2 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by piagetskinner(m): 10:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
The commandant nids to b shot in the spine too, so he'l know how it feels..some ppl have wickedness runnin tru their veins
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Amozever12: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
This is very disgusting. I wonder why a man could be so heartless to have treated a matured lady like that. Just pray justice is done as regards this case.......
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by basilo101: 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
U were exchanging words wit a captain of d Nigerian army?

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by basilo101: 10:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
bizzle*:

Shut da fuq up, she's a corp member nt a slave or a soldier,frm his very first push he was assaulting her. Under NO circumstance shld assault be permissible. He wants respect for his authority , where is his respect for d rule of law?
Cowards
NYSC is a paramillitary organisation. Dia is no democracy or rule of law. U obey d last order without questions

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by timowale: 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
i tire for dz entity called Nigeria.when has it become a crime to voice out whenever u felt aggrieved on an issue? shouldn't we all support an action taken by one in a majority especially as it relates to restoring sanity in a depraved country as ours?

its high time we collaborate as a nation and say no to all forms of dictatorial elements.Justice must be dished out on this matter asap!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Rhemmymatician(m): 11:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
swtchicgurl: Until laying hands on someone to beat the person up becomes a crime, dis kind of rubbish won't stop! Dis is crazy! No one has d right for whatever reason to lay his hands on ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥! Gosh! Not to talk of beating a woman....mstchewwww
B4 I got to the end of ur post I already knew you were a feminist

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Rhemmymatician(m): 11:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
NSNA: they should get rid of the beating culture in Nigeria Schools, Police and Army
Why should they? I went through the system and I didn't die. Because one motor get accident u go say make people no dey enter motor again

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by ikennadotcom: 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
I really get pissed off when I hear stories like dis, for the fact dat he has d previledge of being a captain in the nigerian army doesn't give him the right to treat civilians any how,morover its a civilian rigem....if he is very literate he should know that civilians are used to chalenging what they feel is deir right.....even if it a camp...its under a civilian jurisdiction.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Rhemmymatician(m): 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
lacasa: i'll forever state publicly that, rebel soldiers down in Congo are more refined than the illiterate gorilla looking wretches called soldiers in this country's army.

The Nigerian army officially died with Murtala Muhammed. (Fact)
Na Congolese rebel soldiers dey help you pursue BH for north?

Rubbish!!!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by jiboaf(m): 11:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
Pathetic! As a part of the NYSC Bye Law that no soldier should beat any corper. So the lady and her family have a case to pursue unless they think otherwise.
I wish her quick recovery!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by bizzle2: 11:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
abeg hush with all the noise ..captain of the Nigerian army!!, captain of the Nigerian army!!! ....so wat? wch army sef? do u die twice becos ure a captain of the Nigerian army ? do u appear b4
God in ur uniform becos ure a captain of the Nigerian army? if na beta army I for dey hear sef. mtschew... in civilised countries evn the president gets ridiculed on TV! , its a bloody democracy not a totalitarian rule, ppl hav the right to air their views and protect their rights/ interests, she didn't sign up to get draughted into the army, she joined a youth service corp as a civilian with no legal obligations whatsoever to the Nigerian Army. the punishment for misconduct or misdemeanour are clear...none of them includes public assault and battery, besides she was speaking with a camp official, it was even demeaning of the soldier to order her in.
shes a brave young woman, and she stoodup for her frnd. cowardice is the reason military and paramilitary ppl treat folks like donkeys in this country. even LASTMA fit slap u dese dayz. and sm ppl are here making gods of mere men
basilo101: U were exchanging words wit a captain of d Nigerian army?

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by uyplus(m): 11:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
U r a bastard!!!!!!!!! Fooooooooool.....
May ur future daughtr suffer same fate insha allah!

alyarmouk: A captain of the NIGERIAN ARMY directed that all shld go inside and you were still explaining.......... he even pushed you and you had the guts to ask the captain if he cld push his sister like that walahi u get luck na only spine you damage..
shows how rude you are.
B.C.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by bizzle2: 11:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
u jst dey yan dust, " there is no democracy or rule of law" .....so the NYSC is a lawless body aint it. I suppose u would find it acceptable if ur mother/wife/sister was kicked against a wall by "a great captain of the Nigerian army" for disobeying a direct order to spread her legs
basilo101:
NYSC is a paramillitary organisation. Dia is no democracy or rule of law. U obey d last order without questions

2 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by bizzle2: 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
The socalled captain is a disgrace to the army, he exercised no composure/self control how could he loose his cool over such a minor altercation..even in a war, there are rules of engagement and human rights should not be violated. let alone person wey leave im papa house to cum serve im papa country for peanuts.
chai , my God , only in this country will things like this happen and ppl keep quiet. we remain docile like sheep led to the slaughter. ordinary transportation hike or power outage dey cos massive outcry/unrest for other countries even African countries...the leaders are afraid of the "public" , they sit tight and don't eff up anyhow, ....here the reverse is the case. public opinion is sh!!!t, our slave masters cdnt care less..
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Blueray: 12:09am On Jul 05, 2013
Somethings we should take into consideration on this matter.
1. The NYSC Camp life is a regimented life and in this kind of life style you loss some amount of your Human Rights.
a. You are asked to sleep even when you are not ready (remember lights out?)
b. You are made to wake even when the weather is so so harsh (ask those that served in the North especially during the harmattan)
c. You take part in compulsory morning Physical Exercise that your VC will not attempt to order.
d. You must wear that uniform even if you have the best jeans in the world.
e. You must remain in the Camp for the period of the Orientation Exercise.
2. It is only the soldiers that have been mandated to ensure this regimentation in Camp.
3. The Camp Commandant is responsible for discipline in the Camp in addition to ensuring that the regimented life style is upheld.

Now the impression that the average officer or soldier is a dullard is very deceptive. Some here have tried NDA exams until they suddenly realised that they were fathers and no longer qualified.
Somebody commented that we have not gotten the whole gist but the two parties were wrong.
If the story here is correct, the Commandant have no business addressing the girl while an NYSC Official was already at the scene unless she had been rude to the Official.
The Commandant ought to know her status in the Camp i.e. some of the regimental rules do not apply to her as she is not undergoing Orientation Exercise.
Yes, when she was ordered to go back into her room she should have obeyed. A succesful act of insurbordination especcialy in the presence of other surbordinates will lead to mutiny which in this case will be rioting in Camp. And we will all blame the Commandant for lack of grip.
An officer is a gentleman and so the physical contact was wrong....at a lady at that...
Will the officer be punished? After a detailed investigation and if found culpable why not.... But was he doing his legitimate duty of ensuring peace and harmony in the Camp? We weren't there. My symparthy to the lady. However, if you have folks going to NYSC camp do well to drum some of the considerations above into their heads and they will enjoy the Camp. Peace and no hate.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 05, 2013
nijanigga:
Your republican candidate Mr Cain was using apples and oranges to make a point , that was why I referred you to him.He might be your role model. I can't just imagine the pain that lady is going through right now for no fault of her own and for people like you to be in support of the action of the captain.

My Republican candidate?

Do you even understand what you write?

For the 5th time, quote where I showed support for the Commandant. Again you can't because I NEVER supported the Commandant.

Once more, my point on this thread is to advise young folks not to be idiotic like the victim here.

You can't correlate that just because I award part culpability to the victim means that I am supporting the brutal attack on her person.

She had an obligation to follow the command and not to escalate the situation. The others did and they and their spinal cord continues to be intact.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 05, 2013
milehigh06:
lmaoooooo
wow...u really make me laugh.you speak about spelling words correctly like we are all sitting for some exam being sponsored by the founder of this site......As long as people understand you,whats all the grammar about......and i do think his post was referring to the total lack of apathy towards the lady that was attacked being shown by most people on here.its wrong to generalize but to go as far as pointing out his grammatical failings just points to one thing on your part, dont be a grammar cop

p/s do u know how many auto correct i just did
we can all type in ms word and use auto correct and sound like prof soyinka
and like i said,i do feel your point

I wasn't writing to impress you. I know that will hurt but you'll get over it.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 05, 2013
Blueray: Somethings we should take into consideration on this matter.
1. The NYSC Camp life is a regimented life and in this kind of life style you loss some amount of your Human Rights.
a. You are asked to sleep even when you are not ready (remember lights out?)
b. You are made to wake even when the weather is so so harsh (ask those that served in the North especially during the harmattan)
c. You take part in compulsory morning Physical Exercise that your VC will not attempt to order.
d. You must wear that uniform even if you have the best jeans in the world.
e. You must remain in the Camp for the period of the Orientation Exercise.
2. It is only the soldiers that have been mandated to ensure this regimentation in Camp.
3. The Camp Commandant is responsible for discipline in the Camp in addition to ensuring that the regimented life style is upheld.

Now the impression that the average officer or soldier is a dullard is very deceptive. Some here have tried NDA exams until they suddenly realised that they were fathers and no longer qualified.
Somebody commented that we have not gotten the whole gist but the two parties were wrong.
If the story here is correct, the Commandant have no business addressing the girl while an NYSC Official was already at the scene unless she had been rude to the Official.
The Commandant ought to know her status in the Camp i.e. some of the regimental rules do not apply to her as she is not undergoing Orientation Exercise.
Yes, when she was ordered to go back into her room she should have obeyed. A succesful act of insurbordination especcialy in the presence of other surbordinates will lead to mutiny which in this case will be rioting in Camp. And we will all blame the Commandant for lack of grip.
An officer is a gentleman and so the physical contact was wrong....at a lady at that...
Will the officer be punished? After a detailed investigation and if found culpable why not.... But was he doing his legitimate duty of ensuring peace and harmony in the Camp? We weren't there. My symparthy to the lady. However, if you have folks going to NYSC camp do well to drum some of the considerations above into their heads and they will enjoy the Camp. Peace and no hate.

Absolutely on point.

This was my reason for even stopping to comment on this thread.

The place to effect change and standing your ground is not in front of a Commandant of a military installation and in front of his subordinates.

Nigerian Youths, read the post I quoted twice. Finish college with your spinal cord intact, become a Barrister and then take on Nigerian saving goals.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by waldigit: 12:26am On Jul 05, 2013
iheneme: You conveniently left out the fact that before she was pushed the Camp Commandant had ordered everyone in but she was still there explaining. She got pushed once, still she was questioning the soldier's authority. You speak of human rights, doesn't the Camp Commandant have the right to be respected/obeyed?

you know the truth yet you are not saying it. Bro, remember there is an almighty commander and his judgement is true and righeous altogether. Shalom
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by dom(m): 12:37am On Jul 05, 2013
shows how rude you are.
B.C.
i do not know how old or educated you are. But from your comment and from the way you revere a captain in manifest trepidation and subservience you're obviously a very young lad. pls who the hell is a captain in the army A very very junior officer. Just above 2nd lieutenant and lieutenant!! Some of us in this forum are his senior in government service and would be his very far senior in the military if we had toed that line. In any case does his being a captain give him the right to physically abuse an unarmed civilian thereby occasioning grievous bodily harm A lady for that matter. In my over ten years of legal practice I have come to see that "damages" is a relief few Nigerians know how to push for in court. I wish the young would emulate the other lady, Okere, who Was awarded 100 million naira in damages when she sued the Chief of Air staff for vicarious liability after his boys humiliated and dragged her on the floor in lagos. I also want to assure you that this incident would cost the captain his job. The cheek of you to call her rude for asserting her rights in the face of a brute.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures / Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State / NYSC-UPDATE:for Those Who Miss The Nationwide Headcount(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.