Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria (59462 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / How Do Northern Women Stay Silent During Childbirth? / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Daresh(f): 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
BCJAY: Mine was 2years ago at island maternity. I was carrying twins, i got to d labour room and the nurses and midwives cared less. I shouted but no gud response only 4 a student doctor to be asking me how many abortions have you done? He stood there looking at me when i pushed and pushed one of d girls came out, imagine d doctor ran out of d labour room shouting d baby is coming. The midwife came carried d baby away and left me with one baby inside me and the placenta, it was when d doctor on duty came in and ask but you said dis lady has put to bed? They said yes, he took my file and went tru it he then told them it remains one inside. He now took over and passed oxygen into my nose and a drip into my body, he then gave me a serious tire cos d other girl is breech. My people i went tru hell but with God's help and d doctor i delivered d girls without cs but it was a bitter experience i don't like to remember.

HAAYYY!!! cry ! Nigerians oooooo!
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by enkoby: 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
honey86: it would be nice if nairalanders based in Nigeria can give us names of good hospitals where they have given birth in the past.

I had my baby via CS at Reddington Hospital VI Lagos. the whole process did not last more than 20mins, from start to finish. I think the doc used epidural. I didn't feel any pain and i was awake through out the entire process. I even ate solid food (rice and chicken) about 2 hours after the surgery, and was already walking by the following day, although with extra effort. I was discharged 3 days later with no complications and the cut healed nicely. infact, u will have to look really hard, as in study my tummy for some mins before u see the faint line from the cut.

please we have good hospitals here in Nigeria.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by tnwmagcom: 10:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
enkoby:

I had my baby via CS at Reddington Hospital VI Lagos. the whole process did not last more than 20mins, from start to finish. I think the doc used epidural. I didn't feel any pain and i was awake through out the entire process. I even ate solid food (rice and chicken) about 2 hours after the surgery, and was already walking by the following day, although with extra effort. I was discharged 3 days later with no complications and the cut healed nicely. infact, u will have to look really hard, as in study my tummy for some mins before u see the faint line from the cut.

please we have good hospitals here in Nigeria.

No one disputes that there are good hospitals in Nigeria - I believe the op asked for recommendations for good hospitals so people can make better decisions. This same Reddington you mentioned my relative had surgery there (not maternity related) and it had to be redone abroad because it wasn't done properly. But to be fair to them, I had only heard good things abut the hospital till this incident I mentioned so perhaps a one off?
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by adesbreath: 10:20am On Jul 11, 2013
steph7: Reading the experiences here, have inspired me to work harder. I must not have my babies in Nigeria. The experiences here are pretty scary, giving birth is already a scary experience adding lack of equipment and nonchalant staff is almost a suicide recipe. Years ago my friend gave birth in a teaching hospital in PH, and the midwife was slapping her during labour when she was trying to push.
First consultant is a lovely hospital in obalende, I almost died when I delivered my first child in ST IVES. Information is the key. Trust in God.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by rezzy: 10:52am On Jul 11, 2013
honey86: it would be nice if nairalanders based in Nigeria can give us names of good hospitals where they have given birth in the past.

My friend gave birth at Bluecross hospital at Ikeja. She said they re wonderfull people. Especially the lady that gave her injection to make her dizzy (she called her one name like dat, but cant remember) because she gave birth thru CS.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by gabrieli(m): 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
jennyo: had my two babies in luth via C-section .The operation in both cases took lest than 45 minutes and was discharged four days later.it wasn't comfortable but I honestly felt like I had the best hands taking care of me.

My Wife has had two also. One @Luth. She was able to get up from her bed 4 hrs after. Walked a short distance around the bed 6hrs later. She was also able to dance and entertain during our child- naming ceremony. All these she could not do with her first CS @ a private hosp. Bottomline: Better pain and after-surgery management. Downside: Long agonising wait during ante-natal days, incessant strike action etc.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by funnyx(m): 7:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Neeky1(f): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
Why? Why? Why did I open this thread,I'm pregnant and I've spent the last hour or so reading from the 1st page,I can't remember when last I cried this much,I'm so scared and worried almost every story is depressing.

This is my first baby,how will I cope thru labour with all these stories I'm reading.I was so excited @ d initial stage,but as d months go by its begining to dawn on me.

Pls ejo,biko,I'd like to read from more ppl who had pleasant happy and encouraging experiences @least for my sanity sake...thank u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by kpdc85: 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
pls which hospital is good for delivery around mararaba in abuja?
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by k4kenny(f): 5:29pm On Aug 30, 2013
Neeky1: Why? Why? Why did I open this thread,I'm pregnant and I've spent the last hour or so reading from the 1st page,I can't remember when last I cried this much,I'm so scared and worried almost every story is depressing.

This is my first baby,how will I cope thru labour with all these stories I'm reading.I was so excited @ d initial stage,but as d months go by its begining to dawn on me.

Pls ejo,biko,I'd like to read from more ppl who had pleasant happy and encouraging experiences @least for my sanity sake...thank u

Don't be scared my dear. True, childbirth isn't a walk in d park, but you'll survive it and come out as a stronger woman that can overcome anythinh cheesy. I had both my babies here in Nigeria in a private hospital and have no complaints or complications. So did my sisters, friends etc. Don't let d few bad experiences scare you. Just take care of u and the baby, before u know it, all this will be in d past and you'll be a proud mum of a healthy baby.

Follow this thread : www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high and join fellow mamas like u in d chatroom

1 Like

Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by funnyx(m): 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
yebo: I gave birth to my second Son a month ago at Ibadan, I gave birth in a new clinic along d new challenge Apata express way, the Hospital service is nothing to write about, I can never ask my Enemy to go to the hospital. My first problem with the hospital started when the doctor wanted to give anti tatanus injection which I explained to him that I've taken 3 doses out of d five doses and that I'm due for the next dose by Feb dis year, I was given d 4th dose by Feb n d Doctor was telling me dat I'm suppose to take another dose 2months later but I refused. My first Scan as at 16 weeks shows dat my baby is lying transverse so d Doctor saw it n was just threatening me dat it possible I go tru a CS section so since I av my first born Scan result at home I went tru it n I found out dat d baby was also lying transvere as at 16 weeks n by 32 weeks it has changed upside Down so I wasn't scared, by 39 weeks there was no sign of Labour n d Doctor was trying to Induce me so I explained to him dat my first pregnancy too was like dis dat there was no labour sign until I went tru Virginal Examination but d Doctor wnted to induced me which I refused n he finaly did the virginal Examination for me on 29th of may between10am n 11 am , by 8pm when my Husband was preparing for work d next day d labour sign was showing gradually by 8:30 I was on my way to d clinic. I got to d clinic n I was asked to go to d labour room,can u belive it dat while I was in Labour d doctor stil want to induced me, one of d nurses was giving me sign but I didn't get d message not until they brought d tins he wanted to use to induced me dat I now got d message so I told d doctor dat I don't wnt to be induced. I had a tear directly from my virginal to my Anus as I'm talking to u due to d Doctors negligence. D whole labour p pain n child birth was less dan 2hrs, I was Discharged before 12 noon d next day, d clinic does not have Electric boiler, stove nor cooker to Heat water, my baby was not properly examined it was when I got home dat I discoverd he had Jaundice. It was a terrible experience, I nid to call d nurses to check my Bp before it was checked,I also called a nurse attention to myself stomach pain n dat d bleeding is much all for d nurse to be complaining dat I didn't allow her to sleep.

Thank God for save delivery, please what is the name of this clinic? So I can alert any of my relatives that may use them.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Amazing01: 9:40am On Aug 22, 2016
adesbreath:
First consultant is a lovely hospital in obalende, I almost died when I delivered my first child in ST IVES. Information is the key. Trust in God.

Wish I had seem this review about St.Ives. They charge a lot for antenatal but they are C R A P. How can such a big hospital have only ONE qualified ob/gyn. Glad I never used them for delivery as I had my baby in the US.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by 5H4D3(f): 11:44am On Sep 05, 2017
please, how much is antenatal, normaal delivery and C section in rjolad hospital? Anyone knows?

yeah R Jolad is quite good my mum had us all there and she still praises d hospital.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by preggyhealth: 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2022
my friend gave birth at adventist health care in the U.S.....They have good and 24/7 healthcare professionals that attended to her throughout the pregnancy, during labor and after childbirth. She said they were the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Snubbed Him 12 Years Ago In School, Today We Have 3 Kids / Man Finds Out Who His Biological Father Is After Carrying Out A DNA Test (photo) / Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.