Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life (71994 Views)

Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic / UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners / Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by mafioso47(m): 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
iykak47: This is a crime against humanity cry cry angry angry
you must be a student of English Language. Some of these people committed crimes that are worse than Crimes against Humanity. Lesson: Crime dos not pay. If you do crime, you might just end up having New set of Roomies and crashing like sardines in Cans!
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Kgdavid(m): 4:02am On Jul 07, 2013
what is the point of discussing through 7 pages when no one is thinking about how to effect change? things do not have to remain the way they are but they will do so unless YOU stand up. if we cannot rise together then we will perish together. let us demand better governance from our governments, we the people have a say in our government. no human being deserves to be held under such conditions.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by smartg(m): 5:24am On Jul 07, 2013
Guess no one will like live in this kind of environment. Nice post, so that one will have to be very careful
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by temitope23(m): 7:57am On Jul 07, 2013
At least I was opportune to visit some of them in their cells and I can tell you it is better than the life some free men live. The only thing lacking is Freedom. Double bunker bed with foam electricity although no ceiling fan some of them use table fan. I even have some of them on BB list and some whatsapp 2go and Facebook. It's just a pity I can't go in with my camera I would have taken some pix as proof. Neatly trimed football field, basketball court, lawn tennis court, table teNnis etc. Are some of the sport they partake in.
elampiro:

Did you enter their living rooms or you are talking of a receptionist hall?
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by temitope23(m): 8:02am On Jul 07, 2013
mafioso47: you must be a student of English Language. Some of these people committed crimes that are worse than Crimes against Humanity. Lesson: Crime dos not pay. If you do crime, you might just end up having New set of Roomies and crashing like sardines in Cans!

Do you think its everyone in Nigeria prison that are actually criminal. I've patethic stories of how police arrest people and replace them with another person and people who are wrongly accused. Why not go to Yaba market with say like 2000$ to change putting on your flashy cloth and see what will happen at the end of the day.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by elampiro(m): 10:25am On Jul 07, 2013
temitope23: At least I was opportune to visit some of them in their cells and I can tell you it is better than the life some free men live. The only thing lacking is Freedom. Double bunker bed with foam electricity although no ceiling fan some of them use table fan. I even have some of them on BB list and some whatsapp 2go and Facebook. It's just a pity I can't go in with my camera I would have taken some pix as proof. Neatly trimed football field, basketball court, lawn tennis court, table teNnis etc. Are some of the sport they partake in.

Do they use phones? How come they are on your BB list and facebook? May be too the prison you visited is VIP. Also may be you visited the convicted inmate. I paid visits to awaiting trial inmates and they don't use phone, no foams. One room to over 50 people and one toilet hole and bathroom in that same room only the toilet side is demarcated. They had plenty plastic plates and they appeared to be getting their own food if they were to eat good food. They beg for money, etc.

If they are on BB, why can't they take pictures and send to you?
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by elampiro(m): 10:32am On Jul 07, 2013
smartg :
Guess no one will like live in this kind of environment. Nice post, so that one will have to be very careful

Well said.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Geophem(m): 11:30am On Jul 07, 2013
WildChild00: Nairaland is becoming something else thisdays, where anybody can just come and fabricate news, pictures, claiming to be real, and people will tend to believe in it.
go there to confirm
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by temitope23(m): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
elampiro:

Do they use phones? How come they are on your BB list and facebook? May be too the prison you visited is VIP. Also may be you visited the convicted inmate. I paid visits to awaiting trial inmates and they don't use phone, no foams. One room to over 50 people and one toilet hole and bathroom in that same room only the toilet side is demarcated. They had plenty plastic plates and they appeared to be getting their own food if they were to eat good food. They beg for money, etc.

If they are on BB, why can't they take pictures and send to you?

Do u know the implication if they were caught using phone cos most of the phone were smuggled in.
If I may ask which prison did u visit.most of those u see begging are either those who are looking for money to smoke weed and cigarrete or those who were neglected there.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by elampiro(m): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
temitope23:

Do u know the implication if they were caught using phone cos most of the phone were smuggled in.
If I may ask which prison did u visit.most of those u see begging are either those who are looking for money to smoke weed and cigarrete or those who were neglected there.

Do they smoke marijuana there? Are you sure it was prison you visited? I doubt if they even smoke cigarette there.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by elampiro(m): 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
Any organisation which wants to investigate should go to Oko prison and Benin prison and listen to the awaiting trial inmates' lamentation on how they are packed like sardines and are unable to get proper space to sleep.

These things are very very real.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by feit24(f): 8:00am On Jul 08, 2013
embarassedLord have mercy, may we nt be victims of evil circumstance
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by buklan4realyah(f): 8:52am On Jul 08, 2013
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry..... tears just rolling down. cnt stop cryin
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by temitope23(m): 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
elampiro:

Do they smoke marijuana there? Are you sure it was prison you visited? I doubt if they even smoke cigarette there.

Who told u they don't sell? A place I've been going to since 2010. They even display it self. Cigarrete there's one they call jedi jedi and weed.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by elampiro(m): 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
temitope23:

Who told u they don't sell? A place I've been going to since 2010. They even display it self. Cigarrete there's one they call jedi jedi and weed.

Are you saying they sell or smoke marijuana inside prison?

For your information, some of the inmates are there for marijuana possession, so which prison staff will allow such illegality to be consume or displayed there?
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by eaglechild: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
There is a difference between a prison and police holding cell.
The picture is that of a holding cell.
In any case it is inhumane.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by collynzo2(m): 9:23am On Jul 11, 2013
eaglechild: There is a difference between a prison and police holding cell.
The picture is that of a holding cell.
In any case it is inhumane.
It's a prison, but a Malawian prison.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by temitope23(m): 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
Go there and see if you think I'm lying.

elampiro:

Are you saying they sell or smoke marijuana inside prison?

For your information, some of the inmates are there for marijuana possession, so which prison staff will allow such illegality to be consume or displayed there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Called Akinwunmi Ambode To Congratulate Him Screenshot / Tinubu Sleeps Off At APC Rally In Kwara State? (Pics) / Sunday Igboho Pictured Relaxing In His Cotonou Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.