Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life (71992 Views)

Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic / UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners / Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by collynzo2(m): 11:59am On Jul 06, 2013
elampiro:

It is bad to call him a fool. Whether the pics are of Nigerian prisons or not, the situation and conditions are not any different. How many prisons have you visited in your life? You have no idea what innocent people are going through now as you type.
That doesn't change the fact that those pics are not from Nigerian prisons. Since you visit Nigerian prisons, take pics and bring the here for us to discuss. We can't have people talking thrash about Nigeria based on pics from Malawian prisons. It just doesn't make any sense.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Sike(m): 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
Chai! Olorun mo dupe temi o. (God I thank you for my own life o) sad
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by elampiro(m): 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
collynzo2: That doesn't change the fact that those pics are not from Nigerian prisons. Since you visit Nigerian prisons, take pics and bring the here for us to discuss. We can't have people talking thrash about Nigeria based on pics from Malawian prisons. It just doesn't make any sense.

Visitors are not allowed into the inmates rooms. You can only get pic if there is anyway to smuggle in phones or cameras to the inmates. That is a risk on so many parties.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by elampiro(m): 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sike: Chai! Olorun mo dupe temi o. (God I thank you for my own life o) sad

Exactly, that is the spirit. If only they could enlighten youths to run far from crime and violence. Although even the innocent can be there.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Pataki: 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
You see how Nigerians are living, our retardeen president is busy painting airports here and there.

Is this topic on front page?
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
elampiro:

Mehn see terms.

But this is horrible. Whys should awaiting trial inmates be subjected to such dehumanization? Anybody can be there for any reason. Take a simple scenario using a studen; you give a fellow student a lift in your car and he is found with substance like marijuana or your room mate is found with a stolen item. How are you going to explain your innocence? If you are unable to meet the demand of the IPO, you will be packaged together with the criminal and sent to court. Then the court may or may not grant bail and would want some sitting to hear the case before it can clear anyone. Then adjournment after adjournment and the innocent man languish in jail- Naija hell. There are a million and one reasons.

Naija we hail thee. Some of the innocent people will come out and be hardened if kept there for a long time under that condition.

The way Naija works. The scenario u painted is quite common.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
Pataki: You see how Nigerians are living, our retardeen president is busy painting airports here and there.

Is this topic on front page?
U are even more retarded than the president. There are worst prisons in Europe.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by tpia5: 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
Nigerians and their constant support of anything negative.

If it were politicians in those prisons, no one would bother, they'd even be rejoicing sef.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by tpia5: 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
collynzo2: That doesn't change the fact that those pics are not from Nigerian prisons. Since you visit Nigerian prisons, take pics and bring the here for us to discuss. We can't have people talking thrash about Nigeria based on pics from Malawian prisons. It just doesn't make any sense.

Thats nlers for you.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
Fhemmmy: Impossible . . . Nice joke though
it is not a joke,have witnessed it
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
my guy,spend time in Nigerian prison before u begin yan dust..........the pics are not far from the truth.go spend one week for zone II and then u will know that
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by kayultimate(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
i must say dis is ridiculus
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by tpia5: 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mile high

Not far from the truth is still different from the truth.

Would you like to be locked up on your same premise of not being far from the truth?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
[size=14pt]what is fake about the pictures....even if its a police cell, do human beings deserve such inhumane treatment? its very terrible to imagine that we can do this to ourselves....the value for human life in this country is cheaper than sachet water, then tell me why we should be treated with respect and taken seriously by the international community if we cant look after ourselves.....its a very appalling situation if you ask me[/size]
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by pjosh1(m): 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
teedolls: I don't believe this picture. The first pics was taken in broad day light and the prisoners all sleeping. Can't be possible abeg!
they dey go somewhere b4 ne?
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by infogenius(m): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
@poster
One really needs to be thankful to God for freedom.
It's really horrible if that picture is real.
Just Imagine...
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by collynzo2(m): 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
milehigh06:
my guy,spend time in Nigerian prison before u begin yan dust..........the pics are not far from the truth.go spend one week for zone II and then u will know that
I am not a criminal like you.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by collynzo2(m): 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
nomsochris: [size=14pt]what is fake about the pictures....even if its a police cell, do human beings deserve such inhumane treatment? its very terrible to imagine that we can do this to ourselves....the value for human life in this country is cheaper than sachet water, then tell me why we should be treated with respect and taken seriously by the international community if we cant look after ourselves.....its a very appalling situation if you ask me[/size]
Dude the images you saw aren't from Nigerian prisons, they are from Malawian prisons. Check links in previous posts
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by kelvin22(m): 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
WildChild00: Nairaland is becoming something else thisdays, where anybody can just come and fabricate news, pictures, claiming to be real, and people will tend to believe in it.

those pictures are real. at least I have a relative that was there once for an offence he did not comit. if not for God's mercy he would have been dead by now.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by collynzo2(m): 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2013
kelvin22:

those pictures are real. at least I have a relative that was there once for an offence he did not comit. if not for God's mercy he would have been dead by now.
Thers is nothing real about those pictures, someone posted pictures without stating the name or location of the prisons. If you believe such thing without investigating, then you shouldn't complain if you are sent to prison without trial or investigation.
Maula Prison in Lilongwe, Malawi
www.poyi.org/63/11/ae03.php
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by collynzo2(m): 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2013
Take any thread you see on Nairaland frontpage with a pinch of salt. Most of them are lies designed to attract traffic.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
collynzo2: I am not a criminal like you.
obo,donkey...........u dont have to be a criminal to be locked up in naija...just walk around at 12 midnight and before and mf says why 12 midnight,guess it is about the freedonm to walk anywhere........and for yo info,got locked up cos i had 500$ in my pocket going to sabo to change it so i could buy my ticket and get the f outta that country but because i had a chesea jersey on,i was picked up at the bus stop and accused of being a yahoo yahoo guy and becos i refused to settle anyone,i got detained.just shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Jumbocash: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
It is called padded God help us
roccio: [img]http://3.bp..com/-w8UBeABEopk/Uda1HoWzQcI/AAAAAAAADLw/ZI1WLrzSH7A/s1600/p.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-ClwIXIqAWjo/Uda1HwPhYPI/AAAAAAAADL0/BhEcyYMO01I/s1600/p1.gif[/img]

Whilst the prisons should be a correctional facility, where people are rehabilitated while being remanded for their offences, it has somewhat become the opposite in Nigeria. It is like the place where you go to that you may or may not return. People thrown into prisons join the multitude of people, guilty people, innocent people who have found themselves in the spot with little or no help forthcoming. Continue Reading and see more picture after cut...

The deplorable state of our prisons have also heightened corruption around the police stations, where criminals would rather part with huge sums of money rather than stay behind those musty, wee-wee smelling bars.

The number of awaiting trial inmates in different prisons is alarming. Some people have spent eight years waiting for trial. These are factors that the government should look into. The current state of the prisons is really saddening.

http://www.tundeola.com/2013/07/see-photos-of-how-nigerian-prisoners.html#more
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Jumbocash: 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
It is called padded God help us
roccio: [img]http://3.bp..com/-w8UBeABEopk/Uda1HoWzQcI/AAAAAAAADLw/ZI1WLrzSH7A/s1600/p.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-ClwIXIqAWjo/Uda1HwPhYPI/AAAAAAAADL0/BhEcyYMO01I/s1600/p1.gif[/img]

Whilst the prisons should be a correctional facility, where people are rehabilitated while being remanded for their offences, it has somewhat become the opposite in Nigeria. It is like the place where you go to that you may or may not return. People thrown into prisons join the multitude of people, guilty people, innocent people who have found themselves in the spot with little or no help forthcoming. Continue Reading and see more picture after cut...

The deplorable state of our prisons have also heightened corruption around the police stations, where criminals would rather part with huge sums of money rather than stay behind those musty, wee-wee smelling bars.

The number of awaiting trial inmates in different prisons is alarming. Some people have spent eight years waiting for trial. These are factors that the government should look into. The current state of the prisons is really saddening.

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Janeify(f): 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2013
iykak47: What is the difference between this and hell fire? angry

dear,there is smiley.hell is no joke
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by temitope23(m): 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
@ poster if I may ask which prison is this? And how were u able to go in with the device you use to snap the pics? Cos last time I checked u can't go inside a prison with any electronic gadget or do u mean to say police cell.

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by temitope23(m): 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
infogenius: @poster
One really needs to be thankful to God for freedom.
It's really horrible if that picture is real.
Just Imagine...

Even before i saw the post to show the pics was not taken in Nigeria I knew it was not Nigeria cos I work with a church in their prison ministry department where I go to 3 different prisons every week to teach them music theory and musical instrument. The prisons in Lagos are even better and neater than some area in Lagos. How many churches in Lagos have full aircondition in their church. Go there and see for yourself.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Btruth: 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
ujoinme: they should apply to be transfered to the akwa ibom new prison. i bet the condition there is better. lol

Home sweet home......that Akwa Ibom governor is so wise knowing fully well that himself & Jona will one day finally end here...........lol

Smart guy!
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by mioad4uyahooc: 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
Nigerian government actualy ment well 4 the contry, but the bad elements at helm of affairs are always there to turn things upside-down to maximise their illicit profit. Nemesis will surely catch up with them one day. Materials like blankets, matereses e.t.c are provided 4 the in-mates by the government & some NGO, but the wicked ones among the worders will hijack and share it among themselves, preventing it from getting to the in-mates. May God have mercy & deliver them from this wickedness.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by MistadeRegal(m): 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
May GOD save us! Freedom is sweet while it lasts!!
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by elampiro(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
temitope23:

Even before i saw the post to show the pics was not taken in Nigeria I knew it was not Nigeria cos I work with a church in their prison ministry department where I go to 3 different prisons every week to teach them music theory and musical instrument. The prisons in Lagos are even better and neater than some area in Lagos. How many churches in Lagos have full aircondition in their church. Go there and see for yourself.

Did you enter their living rooms or you are talking of a receptionist hall?
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by drnoel: 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Called Akinwunmi Ambode To Congratulate Him Screenshot / Tinubu Sleeps Off At APC Rally In Kwara State? (Pics) / Sunday Igboho Pictured Relaxing In His Cotonou Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.