Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life (71993 Views)

Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic / UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners / Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by HezronLorraine(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
Efforts are not made are relieving this prisons of the heavy presence of innocent men and women.the Judiciary also is doing nothing in quick dispensation of justice.
Its painful many committed acts they're not proud of but had no option but to venture into them.some are even minor cases that simple judgement like community service should be passed as verdict instead the Nigerian judiciary makes them serve jail term.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
wadafuq,it cant be,no wonder inmates come out harden,and ruthless.a correction facility indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Rooneyboy(m): 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
Blood of God !

May u deliver ur children ooo .

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Rooneyboy(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
iykak47: This is a crime against humanity cry cry angry angry

I swear .

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Rooneyboy(m): 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
Fhemmmy: Impossible . . . Nice joke though

This is no joke bro.

........ Pls do come to terms with reality. ......
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by nekaa(f): 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
for realz? this is really bad
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by imolicool(m): 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
home sweet home abeg stay there if u there see garri chop oh

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by biafranqueen: 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
No wonder my husband said that only the desperate or mentally ill will commit crimes in Nigeria. I am speechless shocked

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by SELFWORTH: 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
No surprise.

Nigeria will go backward for another century before it will get better. If any of you complaining on here want change, please be the change you want to see. When you get to the top, make a positive difference . We are the leaders of tomorrow. Enrich the life of the ordinary man, not your personal life.

The whole situation in Nigeria is simply about selfishness and lack of compassion for other citizens. It's ingrained in the whole system of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nairaanddollar: 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
WildChild00: Second picture look real, but the first is not...
i av seen it live. It is very real.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
Heartbreaking embarassed and to think some of these inmates are yet to undergo trial.that's basically torturing an innocent person.cos according to the law one is innocent until proven guilty.
Some of these ppl are victims of police random ransack and arrest of individuals.everything about this country makes me cry endlessly
Going to bed with tears in my heart cry

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
yeesh
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Lordave: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hell before death.
If were here, I won't be afraid of being hanged or fired.
Seems like most of them are on death row.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Lordave: 10:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
biafranqueen: No wonder my husband said that only the desperate or mentally ill will commit crimes in Nigeria. I am speechless shocked
you mean you are married

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by teedolls(m): 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
I don't believe this picture. The first pics was taken in broad day light and the prisoners all sleeping. Can't be possible abeg!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nairaanddollar: 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
Lordave: Hell before death.
If were here, I won't be afraid of being hanged or fired.
Seems like most of them are on death row.
i bet u all these pple are awaiting trial.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by RedCard1(m): 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
lukaino: Naija! its everything we do upside down. This is absurd.
I swear, Naija things always goes left instead of right. I remember seeing a U.S prison on TV, OMG! D prison was almost as beautiful as my family sitting room. See poultry farm wey dem call prison. Diz boys might even be innocent o.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by johnstar(m): 10:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
imolicool: home sweet home abeg stay there if u there see garri chop oh
ar u 1 of d prisoners undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Larryupsy: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
This better look like corpses stockd in a mogue
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
roccio: [img]http://3.bp..com/-w8UBeABEopk/Uda1HoWzQcI/AAAAAAAADLw/ZI1WLrzSH7A/s1600/p.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-ClwIXIqAWjo/Uda1HwPhYPI/AAAAAAAADL0/BhEcyYMO01I/s1600/p1.gif[/img]

Whilst the prisons should be a correctional facility, where people are rehabilitated while being remanded for their offences, it has somewhat become the opposite in Nigeria. It is like the place where you go to that you may or may not return. People thrown into prisons join the multitude of people, guilty people, innocent people who have found themselves in the spot with little or no help forthcoming. Continue Reading and see more picture after cut...

The deplorable state of our prisons have also heightened corruption around the police stations, where criminals would rather part with huge sums of money rather than stay behind those musty, wee-wee smelling bars.

The number of awaiting trial inmates in different prisons is alarming. Some people have spent eight years waiting for trial. These are factors that the government should look into. The current state of the prisons is really saddening.

http://www.tundeola.com/2013/07/see-photos-of-how-nigerian-prisoners.html#more

Lol and those suckers here are protesting over not getting enough chicken and burgers.

Freedom is sweet.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
cry cry cry
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Amasuccess: 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
Dibiachukwu: chai cry
A heartless nation! This is what the "winners of the war" put us all into. What a shame to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nairaanddollar: 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
We can all help. If u av used clothes or can afford okrika pls visit any prison and donate. If u see how they eat u will shed tears. U can donate fruits, dont think its too small. There are pple who av not tasted any fruit in years. I remember my experience at agodi prison and i cant control my tears.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Lordave: 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
teedolls: I don't believe this picture. The first pics was taken in broad day light and the prisoners all sleeping. Can't be possible abeg!
you better believe it cuz you are in Nigeria.
It's in every way possible that the first and second pictures describes what the op is talking about. This is nigeria and so many naughty things are done here, those inmates must have probably done something that made the warders got infuriated and thereby forcing that punishment of sleeping in broad day light on them.
If you attended primary school in Nigeria you'll know what I'm talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by NEROSKY(m): 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
WildChild00: Nairaland is becoming something else thisdays, where anybody can just come and fabricate news, pictures, claiming to be real, and people will tend to believe in it.
Believe me, you be mumu.... You never test d other side of life na em make u dey spit trash!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by deserteagl: 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
please verify your story before posting .. No prison in Nigeria looks like this. First of all, they are given uniforms for easy identification and are not allowed to keep personal effects which could easily be used as weapons. True that the facilities are overstretched due to overcrowding and the slow processing of cases by the judicial system but nothing compared to the fake pictures posted here.
Regards

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by dont8(m): 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
shocked shocked shocked :
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hahah my cousin said its supper mandatory cuddling

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by ichidodo: 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
I can imagine the terrible havoc a little fart from an unfortunate inmate amongst the horde would wreak, probably would result into some casualties.Back to the matter, Govt should deregulate and privatize the Prison system; If they cannot handle the human crush as these people need a conducive environment for reformation,reorientation and rehabilitation.There are investors who can turn this into a very lucrative venture.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by olu070706(m): 10:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
This is not real. It is just a picture from a place that looks like a refugee camp. I've been to Prisons on excursion and evangelism before, it looks nothing close to these. Look at the second picture and see what looks like load there, you can never see that in prison.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by mykelsmart009(m): 10:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
Mehn,really short of words...dis can't be my country!ahn ahn dis are pples children nd most likely parents...no matter d crime,dey shldn't be treated like dis whereas som fat bellied comptroller som place will be looting a budgeted fund for contruction of more accomodating nd larger hostels.nd to tink dat som of dem may be innocent,let d mercies of God prevail over these lives,cos i don't see anytin or any1 helping dem out,except we have a new Michael Scofield in town...wat a pity on d image of d giant of Africa...smh

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
I wonder why most of you consider this surprising. You honestly don't expect the prisons to be any better than other institutions in the country, do you? Even the Police College (and several police barracks and stations) aren't much better than this anyway.

In any case, improving conditions in prisons can't be a priority in a country grappling with serious developmental challenges and shortcomings in several more important areas. I don't think there'll be an improvement in prison conditions anytime soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Called Akinwunmi Ambode To Congratulate Him Screenshot / Tinubu Sleeps Off At APC Rally In Kwara State? (Pics) / Sunday Igboho Pictured Relaxing In His Cotonou Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.