Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,603 members, 7,851,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95805 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
My Statements withdrawn.

I sincerely apologize for commenting.

Its not my business.

Shalom!!!

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by success4(m): 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
Colin Adua: A bunch of over pampered kids!

A sister once told me that during her Deeper Life wedding that the wife of the regional overseer searched thoroughly for perming underneath their locally plaited hair, and if she had noticed one, that person would have been chased out of the wedding right there on her wedding day.

Now, somebody in the same church, after years of humiliating and openly rebuking others for far lesser offfence, has the effrontery to adorn herself with perming(are you sure, that, is not weavon/wig), makeup, earing, wedding gown, see through show shoulder dress, against the church's 38 years preaching/ standard and the wedding was allowed to hold, while the GS was present, just because of what? Probably, because she is being married to the GS (Oga on top) son. And deeper life members were there, clapping for them, beaming with smiles, inside deeper life church. You people needs to try more harder to explain to me that there is no DOULBE STANDARD.

Resignation or no resignation, apology or no apology, suspension or no suspension, discipline or no discipline, all those are meaningless medicine after death, the wedding has been permitted, the damage has been done. Why did the church allow the worldly wedding to hold in the first place? Didnt they see her make up at their traditional wedding two days before? Are the members afraid to rebuke the son of their pastor? All these shenanigans, laterly is just, far far far foul, a move to stop other members from giving their children high society wedding, after they have already given it to their kids.

Is it not outright hypocrisy, double standard and lack of integrity? Am still very shocked, disappointed and I feel betrayed. I did not attend the wedding of someone very close to me, I did not take pictures with them, neither did I eat their cake and food at the hall, in my protest that I did not support him marrying an unbeliever, neither do I support his flambouyant worldly wedding, partly because of the church then, now look at this. How will he see me now? Is it not an outright betrayal?

Pastor Kumuyi would have shown us the stuff he was made of(if he was actually made of any stuff). He was there, sat quietly, took pictures with them, probably, drank their wine (are you sure that wine wasnt alcoholic), listened to their songs(I wonder what they were singing about, in that shameless disobedience to a constituted organisation), possibly ate their cake and food. Then flown back to Nigeria and started waving resignation over our faces. He doesnt need to offer resignation, as I read from a paper, he should have submitted a resignation letter, gone home collected all the wedding pictures and videos from the naughty couple and get them burnt, if he is serious.

I find it difficult listening to his messages again, because I keep asking myself, do this man mean all these things he is saying? If not the issue with my PC, I would have gotten all of them deleted from my HDD.

What has happened to open rebuke, that the church has been preaching? What has happened to showing our faith by our works? What has happened to " a leader's sin is a leading sin" condemnation? Why didnt kumuyi call off or halt that wedding when he saw that girl like that? Why didnt he cancel it and chase those bunch of naughty kids out of the church, as has been done to so many other people in the past (as I heard, I never witnessed any), as the general overseer of the whole branches? He would have welded his cane immediately. A worthy shepherd can never see a sheep getting lost and keep quiet and after it must have gotten lost and eaten he now starts looking for it.

If he had chased them out of the church and had postponed the wedding, now I would have been celebrating him, boasting and thumping my chest. And my respect for him would have gone back to 100%. But he sat there and kept quiet, while his kids were disobeying the church, now he is crying foul and rejecting apology. Thats crying when the head is already cut off, medicine after death, an outright double standard, because no one in his right senses can believe that he did not consent to the wedding.

The high society wedding, has already been done, the pictures are probably somewhere waiting to be enlarged, framed and hanged. Few years from now, the kids will look at them and possibly grin with satisfaction and give themselves high five and thumbs up, that they looked good during their day. And other members will still be shackled down from happiness, freedom and liberty with unnecessary laws.

Had it been that this happened to another pastor like Lazarus Mouka, deeper life members would have piecesed him. They will talk and talk and talk untill their arses starts talking. Only God knows what they would have said. Now, it has happened to Deeper Life and they are defending their pastor, trying to sweep it under the carpet. Thank God for the media, it would have been cleverly underplayed.

My respect for him has gone from 70% to -20%. He should be disciplined and suspended for sitting quietly, consenting to that wedding, just like the Jamaican national overseer. If God is still interested in DL, HE will raise somebody far better than him. Nobody is indispensable. Kumuyi should get off there for some time it will help us to recover easily, retaining him as GS for now is still amounting to another double standard, an unfair treatment, since the Jamaican overseer, has been suspended. A lot of pastors in deeper life has been disciplined for an offence far lesser. PLEASE HE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LIVE BY EXAMPLE.

Deeper life should go and put the church in order, making sure that those bunch of over pampered kids, did not give birth before 9 months of their wedding. They should counsel, monitor and nurtur them so that they should not fight and divorce. Because that will finish the already dented image of the church. A woman who can shamelessly, globally and overtly disobey an old constituted organisation, she grew up in, with alacrity, without minding whose ox is gored, doesnt seem like an ideal virtuous, submisssive wife to me.

Maybe God has seen these lack of integrity, far before we do and raised a new pastor in the person of Lazarus Mouka for himself and us.

I wish, finally someone will just tell me that this is not true, that it didnt happen. I wish I can wake up and find all this a dream.

Kai, na waoh! am stranded. I never imagined nor expected this from a family we boast of and look up to.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THIS WRITEUP, IF THAT WORLDLY WEDDING DID NOT HAPPEN AFTER ALL.

Colin.

Brother, do not over-flog this issue. Even if your respect for Past Kumuyi reduce to 1% that does not change God's standard of HOLINESS. More so, if the death of Jesus on the cross MAINLY meant for us to dress like widow on wedding day, His death would
have been in VAIN.

Don't use this occasion to ADVERTISE Pastor Lazarus here.I am not a member of Deeper Life, nor the Lord's Chosen. I am simply
a son of God and I attend Baptist. I put the name of my church to show that I am NOT deeper life. Jesus did not die for us to
cast aspersion but to help one another in the way to salvation.

Of a truth, It is funny seeing people( those who claim to be born again) coming out to vent their frustration on man's doctrine!
Remember that, ALL your estimation shall be according to the SHEKEL in the SANCTUARY, twenty GERAH for a SHEKEL. If you are a student of the bible you will understand what I meant. Deleting his CD'S on your PC does not change anything.

God bless!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by tpia5: 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
what's with that long epistle?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DrummaBoy(m): 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
I hope Olaadegbu, Alexleo and other DL sympathizers have read what Collins Adua has written
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by tpia5: 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
^crap
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by tpia5: 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
I Will Celebrate
I will celebrate, sing unto the Lord,
Sing to the Lord a new song.
I will celebrate, sing unto the Lord,
Sing to the Lord a new song.

With my heart rejoicing within,
With my mind focused on Him,
With my hands raised to the heavens,
All I am worshipping Him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHATt6OSEY4&list=PL967F79BBF585D43C
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by tpia5: 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
Come and see the glory of the Lord,
Come behold the lamb.
Come and see the mercy of the King,
Bowing down before Him.

Come and give thanks unto the Lord,
Come behold the Lamb.
Come and sing the praises of the King,
Bowing down before Him.

For He is Lord above the heavens
Lord in all the earth.
Lord of all the angels,
Worthy to be served.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNzdn-FgNxA&list=PL967F79BBF585D43C
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Babalegba(m): 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2013

A sister once told me that during her Deeper Life wedding that the wife of the regional overseer searched thoroughly for perming underneath their locally plaited hair, and if she had noticed one, that person would have been chased out of the wedding right there on her wedding day.

Now, somebody in the same church, after years of humiliating and openly rebuking others for far lesser offfence, has the effrontery to adorn herself with perming(are you sure, that, is not weavon/wig), makeup, earing, wedding gown, see through show shoulder dress, against the church's 38 years preaching/ standard and the wedding was allowed to hold, while the GS was present, just because of what? Probably, because she is being married to the GS (Oga on top) son. And deeper life members were there, clapping for them, beaming with smiles, inside deeper life church. You people needs to try more harder to explain to me that there is no DOULBE STANDARD.

Resignation or no resignation, apology or no apology, suspension or no suspension, discipline or no discipline, all those are meaningless medicine after death, the wedding has been permitted, the damage has been done. Why did the church allow the worldly wedding to hold in the first place? Didnt they see her make up at their traditional wedding two days before? Are the members afraid to rebuke the son of their pastor? All these shenanigans, laterly is just, far far far foul, a move to stop other members from giving their children high society wedding, after they have already given it to their kids.

Is it not outright hypocrisy, double standard and lack of integrity? Am still very shocked, disappointed and I feel betrayed. I did not attend the wedding of someone very close to me, I did not take pictures with them, neither did I eat their cake and food at the hall, in my protest that I did not support him marrying an unbeliever, neither do I support his flambouyant worldly wedding, partly because of the church then, now look at this. How will he see me now? Is it not an outright betrayal?

Pastor Kumuyi would have shown us the stuff he was made of(if he was actually made of any stuff). He was there, sat quietly, took pictures with them, probably, drank their wine (are you sure that wine wasnt alcoholic), listened to their songs(I wonder what they were singing about, in that shameless disobedience to a constituted organisation), possibly ate their cake and food. Then flown back to Nigeria and started waving resignation over our faces. He doesnt need to offer resignation, as I read from a paper, he should have submitted a resignation letter, gone home collected all the wedding pictures and videos from the naughty couple and get them burnt, if he is serious.

I find it difficult listening to his messages again, because I keep asking myself, do this man mean all these things he is saying? If not the issue with my PC, I would have gotten all of them deleted from my HDD.

What has happened to open rebuke, that the church has been preaching? What has happened to showing our faith by our works? What has happened to " a leader's sin is a leading sin" condemnation? Why didnt kumuyi call off or halt that wedding when he saw that girl like that? Why didnt he cancel it and chase those bunch of naughty kids out of the church, as has been done to so many other people in the past (as I heard, I never witnessed any), as the general overseer of the whole branches? He would have welded his cane immediately. A worthy shepherd can never see a sheep getting lost and keep quiet and after it must have gotten lost and eaten he now starts looking for it.

If he had chased them out of the church and had postponed the wedding, now I would have been celebrating him, boasting and thumping my chest. And my respect for him would have gone back to 100%. But he sat there and kept quiet, while his kids were disobeying the church, now he is crying foul and rejecting apology. Thats crying when the head is already cut off, medicine after death, an outright double standard, because no one in his right senses can believe that he did not consent to the wedding.

The high society wedding, has already been done, the pictures are probably somewhere waiting to be enlarged, framed and hanged. Few years from now, the kids will look at them and possibly grin with satisfaction and give themselves high five and thumbs up, that they looked good during their day. And other members will still be shackled down from happiness, freedom and liberty with unnecessary laws.

Had it been that this happened to another pastor like Lazarus Mouka, deeper life members would have piecesed him. They will talk and talk and talk untill their arses starts talking. Only God knows what they would have said. Now, it has happened to Deeper Life and they are defending their pastor, trying to sweep it under the carpet. Thank God for the media, it would have been cleverly underplayed.

My respect for him has gone from 70% to -20%. He should be disciplined and suspended for sitting quietly, consenting to that wedding, just like the Jamaican national overseer. If God is still interested in DL, HE will raise somebody far better than him. Nobody is indispensable. Kumuyi should get off there for some time it will help us to recover easily, retaining him as GS for now is still amounting to another double standard, an unfair treatment, since the Jamaican overseer, has been suspended. A lot of pastors in deeper life has been disciplined for an offence far lesser. PLEASE HE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LIVE BY EXAMPLE.

Deeper life should go and put the church in order, making sure that those bunch of over pampered kids, did not give birth before 9 months of their wedding. They should counsel, monitor and nurtur them so that they should not fight and divorce. Because that will finish the already dented image of the church. A woman who can shamelessly, globally and overtly disobey an old constituted organisation, she grew up in, with alacrity, without minding whose ox is gored, doesnt seem like an ideal virtuous, submisssive wife to me.

Maybe God has seen these lack of integrity, far before we do and raised a new pastor in the person of Lazarus Mouka for himself and us.

I wish, finally someone will just tell me that this is not true, that it didnt happen. I wish I can wake up and find all this a dream.

Kai, na waoh! am stranded. I never imagined nor expected this from a family we boast of and look up to.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THIS WRITEUP, IF THAT WORLDLY WEDDING DID NOT HAPPEN AFTER ALL.

Colin.
. Haba Colins, have the couple offended you before. Do remember they are human and have feelings ooo
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by temitope23(m): 11:44pm On Jul 09, 2013

Colin.

Some people get time sha see as the speech long pass goodluck ebele jonathan speech.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Image123(m): 3:43am On Jul 10, 2013
heading is misleading. Kumuyi is not offering to resign in the present continuous, he offered to resign. That is, when their leadership met, he offered to resign, but the decisions made was the suspension of the couple. Issue overblown out of proportion IMHO. So many folks are just interested in vengeance and in the downfall of the dl church and leader, bad belle go soon burst oh.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joiam: 5:49am On Jul 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

If you are a woman I will say "gbeborun" and if you are a man I'll say "gbefila." It means being busybodies in other men's matter. How does the matter of DL concern you if I may ask?

The same way my concern about DL is also concerning you. If I may ask, how does my concern about DL concern you. I won't call you names in my own case. Bless you!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joiam: 6:05am On Jul 10, 2013
success4: AT:dare2think,OLAADEGBU and frosbel.
It beats me reading comments from three of you. The house that divide against itself shall not...?
If God is a God of denomination, then three of you can be JUSTIFIED.
Can your argument on NL save a soul?
Can your comments on this issue bring revival to His church?
The heart of the matter is the matter in the heart!

Please, let's desist from unfruitful argument. Remember that we
SHALL give account for WORDS that come out from us, either by
speaking or by writing.

Their arguments are very fruitful please. If we don't discuss, we are forced to just take anything hook, line and sinker! There is nothing wrong in discussing. Even Paul argued with people in the Bible to squeeze out the truth. It is like Bible discussion please. If you are not benefiting, I am.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joiam: 6:35am On Jul 10, 2013

Colin.

Dear Colin,
From your post, you a typical DLer who hardly study the Bible and check things up like the Berean Christians. Imagine, you attended weddings of unbelievers and you refused to take pictures, eat and so on. Why did you go there in the first place? Are you for real? Let's even say they are sinners, didn't Christ eat with sinners without sinning? You couldn't eat at a wedding not take pictures? I still want to assume you are just joking! Let me tell you this, the GS has been teaching against this Pharisee attitude of yours but you people will hardly because you have been wired the unscriptural way. The GS did not betray or disappoint anybody! You have your brain, you have Bible, you can reason, you have eyes, you have Jesus to look up to but you didn't use what God gave you and you thought you could get to heaven as a Pharisee. I won't quote any scripture now because I'm not sure you have deleted those traditions from your subconscious. I have a feeling that you don't even visit your parents or siblings because they are unbelievers. I suspect the problem you had then was that even though some of the things did not make sense to you but you were too obedient without thinking and too afraid to 'rebel'. The GS has no fault. The wedding was alright. By your 'standard', it may not be alright but by Bible standard which you have replaced with man's standard, it was ok whether you like it or not. Those people you have offended by your tradition, go and apologise to them. Be humble please. You wrongly saw the GS as a cult leader which he is not. He is distinctively a man og God. I'm sorry but I still think you are just joking!!!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by success4(m): 8:35am On Jul 10, 2013
joiam:

Dear Colin,
From your post, you a typical DLer who hardly study the Bible and check things up like the Berean Christians. Imagine, you attended weddings of unbelievers and you refused to take pictures, eat and so on. Why did you go there in the first place? Are you for real? Let's even say they are sinners, didn't Christ eat with sinners without sinning? You couldn't eat at a wedding not take pictures? I still want to assume you are just joking! Let me tell you this, the GS has been teaching against this Pharisee attitude of yours but you people will hardly because you have been wired the unscriptural way. The GS did not betray or disappoint anybody! You have your brain, you have Bible, you can reason, you have eyes, you have Jesus to look up to but you didn't use what God gave you and [size=18pt]you thought you could get to heaven as a Pharisee[/size]. I won't quote any scripture now because I'm not sure you have deleted those traditions from your subconscious. I have a feeling that you don't even visit your parents or siblings because they are unbelievers. I suspect the problem you had then was that even though some of the things did not make sense to you but you were too obedient without thinking and too afraid to 'rebel'. The GS has no fault. The wedding was alright. By your 'standard', it may not be alright but by Bible standard which you have replaced with man's standard, it was ok whether you like it or not. Those people you have offended by your tradition, go and apologise to them. Be humble please. You wrongly saw the GS as a cult leader which he is not. He is distinctively a man og God. I'm sorry but I still think you are just joking!!!

My brother, not ALL pharisee will miss heaven. To tell you the truth, Daniel was a Pharisee.
God bless you!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 10, 2013
^^^

Daniel a Pharisee ?

That' a new one !

smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by success4(m): 8:58am On Jul 10, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

Daniel a Pharisee ?

That' a new one !

smiley
Bro, nothing new under the sun! He is. A deeper study
of the scripture will aid in getting some hidden truth
of the bible. Ezra, Nehemiah were also scribe. If time
permit me, I might open a thread on some salient issues
in the bible.

May God grant us light to understand His words...
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joiam: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2013
success4:

My brother, not ALL pharisee will miss heaven. To tell you the truth, Daniel was a Pharisee.
God bless you!

I actually meant Pharisees with attitudes condemned by Jesus' Christ. This should not be an issue please if you can read between the lines.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by success4(m): 10:15am On Jul 10, 2013
joiam:

I actually meant Pharisees with attitudes condemned by Jesus' Christ. This should not be an issue please if you can read between the lines.

I think you claim to be a christian. You don't need to resort to insult.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DrummaBoy(m): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2013
At the risk of hoping you will understand, I will reason with you on this post of yours.

Image123: heading is misleading. Kumuyi is not offering to resign in the present continuous, he offered to resign. That is, when their leadership met, he offered to resign,

How does what you have written differ from the title of the thread. Thread is titled Kumuyi offer to resign over son's wedding controversy. You say he offered to resign. That is, when their leadership met, he offered to resign. Is there any difference here. Or there is a challenge with comprehending English somewhere. But that is not my main grouse with your post. Let's consider the others:

but the decisions made was the suspension of the couple.

Who are the people making these decisions and what yardstick are they using. Couple is suspended. Pastor of Jamaican church is sacked. Kumuyi is left off the hook. What did the Jamaican pastor do that Kumuyi did not do. They both had children who wedded breaking church rules. They both attended the wedding at parent and pastors. They both kept mute at the traditional and the church wedding, but alas, one is sacked because he is a mere pastor and the other is left off the hook bc he is the GS. Did you read what the Colins Adua wrote? Apparently disquising with an alias, but certainly a deeper lifer (bc he is using cliches that only members of that church would know), accuses the Deeper life leadership of double standard. Because, in his own words Pastors in that assembly have committed less offences and have been punished. Why not the GS? Kumuyi proposed the resignation because he was trying to maintain the principles of the church, albiet in a hypocritical way because he does not need to "suggest" whether he should resign or not. If he feels he has failed as a parent, he should simply resign and go live on his pension and not play to the gallery requesting to resign.

Issue overblown out of proportion IMHO.

The reason why the issue has become such an overblown matter is because the DL church has been guilty of overblowing issues themselves. Making a mountain out of nothing like dressing and make ups and here the chicken has simply come home to roost.

So many folks are just interested in vengeance and in the downfall of the dl church and leader, bad belle go soon burst oh.

That is the height of childish talk. Most people commenting on this matter have nothing to compete with DL on. The point most are trying to make is for the church to stop its hypocritical acts and double standards. If the son of the GS can fail on a small matter of dressing at wedding, where he should know better, We can assume that the GS himself has not taught his children the ways he has imposed on the whole church and if a man cannot govern his own home, he is not fit to pastor a church, saith the holy scripture. KUMUYI SHOULD TAKE THE WISE STEP AND RESIGN!

1Ti 3:1 ¶ This [is] a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2013
"Then Jacob said to his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments: And let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar to God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went. And they gave to Jacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem. And they journeyed: and the terror of God was on the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob"
(Genesis 35:3-5)

What law was Jacob obeying when he got rid of his idols in the aforementioned verse? and yet we see those who have the whole Bible still getting stuck on these same idols that Jacob got rid of. That is the bone of contention of this thread, idolatory and worldliness which has given birth to rebellion.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2013
joiam:

Please define worldliness according to God and not according to church traditions please and we can take it from there.

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world" (1 John 2:15-16)
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
sheniqua:

I do not need your false teaching sir and your accusing fingers,leave that to the devil,that is his work
You will not rescue me from hell when you are not the Holy Spirit , i am already heaven bound by Grace
Worry about your own end
Take the logs off your own eyes.
You have not attained
You are still under construction
And if u are willing you will be taught

Have you soon forgotten that you and your partners are the ones pointing accusing fingers at DL and their shepherd forgetting that your remaining three fingers are pointing back at you? Are you not the ones seeing specks in DL's eyes instead of attending to the log in yours? It is also true that you cannot come to God except the Father draws you to Himself and He resists the proud in heart.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
^^^^

No one is pointing fingers at deeperlife, we are simply debating the gross hypocrisy inherent in your church and which is now in the open for all and sundry to take note and avoid false doctrine and Pharisees.

smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
oluamid:

Nah, am not on any mission. Dad's a muslim, mum's a xtian (Deeperlifer), and I am neither.

It doesn't matter how you got born the first time, you need to get born again. If you are born once you will die twice and if you are born twice you only die once. wink
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
DrummaBoy: At the risk of hoping you will understand, I will reason with you on this post of yours.

How does what you have written differ from the title of the thread. Thread is titled Kumuyi offer to resign over son's wedding controversy. You say he offered to resign. That is, when their leadership met, he offered to resign. Is there any difference here. Or there is a challenge with comprehending English somewhere. But that is not my main grouse with your post. Let's consider the others:

Who are the people making these decisions and what yardstick are they using. Couple is suspended. Pastor of Jamaican church is sacked. Kumuyi is left off the hook. What did the Jamaican pastor do that Kumuyi did not do. They both had children who wedded breaking church rules. They both attended the wedding at parent and pastors. They both kept mute at the traditional and the church wedding, but alas, one is sacked because he is a mere pastor and the other is left off the hook bc he is the GS. Did you read what the Colins Adua wrote? Apparently disquising with an alias, but certainly a deeper lifer (bc he is using cliches that only members of that church would know), accuses the Deeper life leadership of double standard. Because, in his own words Pastors in that assembly have committed less offences and have been punished. Why not the GS? Kumuyi proposed the resignation because he was trying to maintain the principles of the church, albiet in a hypocritical way because he does not need to "suggest" whether he should resign or not. If he feels he has failed as a parent, he should simply resign and go live on his pension and not play to the gallery requesting to resign.

The reason why the issue has become such an overblown matter is because the DL church has been guilty of overblowing issues themselves. Making a mountain out of nothing like dressing and make ups and here the chicken has simply come home to roost.

That is the height of childish talk. Most people commenting on this matter have nothing to compete with DL on. The point most are trying to make is for the church to stop its hypocritical acts and double standards. If the son of the GS can fail on a small matter of dressing at wedding, where he should know better, We can assume that the GS himself has not taught his children the ways he has imposed on the whole church and if a man cannot govern his own home, he is not fit to pastor a church, saith the holy scripture. KUMUYI SHOULD TAKE THE WISE STEP AND RESIGN!

[color=#000099][/color]

Thanks Bro.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

No one is pointing fingers at deeperlife, we are simply debating the gross hypocrisy inherent in your church and which is now in the open for all and sundry to take note and avoid false doctrine and Pharisees.

smiley

If there is any hypocrite at you should be the case study here. You find it easy to talk about DL and its shepherd when you refuse to disclose where you fellowship and who your shepherd is. You bask in dissecting the GS and his kids but when I ask you questions on whether you will allow your boys to wear earrings you go into mute mode. You accuse DL of teaching man made doctrines but you then claim that you believe hell does not exist and that Jesus is not deity, twisting scriptures to your own destruction. Now tell me, who is the hypocrite here?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
naijaboyof4life:

We get truth from God but the bible is just for reference. Don't call me a hypocrites because all of you that think weave,and jewelry is not a sin are the hypocrites.
1. If you believe that it is inproper for men to wear earring what makes it right for women to.
2. If God is against bleaching, why wouldn't He be against a person that changes their hair structure and wear jewelry.

We are still waiting for frosbel to give us an answer to the bolded question. cool
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

The purpose of suspension/rebuke in Deeperlife is to correct actual or perceived wrongdoing and not destruction of souls and the good news teaches about avoiding all appearance of evil. If any recipient of such becomes obstinate, stiffnecked and wants to 'show the Church', such will be meddling with the spirit of Esau and Cain. No good child is expected to do that to their parents. The DeeperLife Church therefore cannot be responsible for your sliding back to be yoked to this Muslim woman who is now your beloved wife till death do you part. It was an adult choice, you are responsible, usually with consequences and I pray that the Lord will help out and make the home much more happier and both of you strive to enter the gate of heaven through the narrow way. Please do not begrudge the Church for this action also

I hope other wannabees would learn for that guy's bitter experience.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
ApostlePat:

Cast the 'first' stone if you have never sinned!

Those Pharisees that walked away are more righteous than these busybodies who will not hesitate to throw stones and will even throw stones on Jesus if he doesn't get out of the way. embarassed
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
joiam:

Dear friend, their only sin is in verse 16. The discipline or punishment is from v17 downwards. If you study very well, you would have discovered that God decided to withdraw those good things mentioned from v17 downwards because they were being misused according to v16. Indeed, some of the things mentioned from v17 are things we are using today! Muffler is an example. Does that make muffler bad? For example, if the GS says because choir members do come late to choir seat late always and he decides to punish them by saying they will not sing for some time. What is their sin? Is it the latecoming or the singing? Don't forget that before their attitudes recorded in v16, they were using those things and God had no problem. V16 says because the daughters of Zion ... v17 says therefore... Please note the daughtersBECAUSE and the BECAUSETHEREFORE ?

The moment you love the created more than the creator you become an idolater. Worldliness and idolatory are sending church goers to hell.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
joiam:

I see , you are truly a 'christian' . Calling someone Mr. Gbefila in retaliation is truly a'christianly' Well done jare . There will be suprises in heaven ! Oh my God .

Ensure that you get to heaven first before you start seeing what would surprise you. Blasphemies like the bolded would need to be repented of if you want to pass through the pearly gates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (32) (Reply)

Priest Patrick Asomugha Leaves German Church After Receiving Death Threat / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.