Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95707 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
success4:

People like YOU will never learn but will continue to argue BLINDLY. If Wikipedia is your source of information, I laugh.
Look yourself in a mirror and see if you are NOT aggressive. You know in your heart. You pick people out of context and argue
blindly. No matter what YOU say, henceforth, IGNORE BUTTON IS ACTIVATED for people like you.

He that is born of flesh is FLESH. No two ways about it.

Who is arguing blindly now? Since you didn't take my word that DL is non denominational I had to quote a secular source but am I surprised that you still remain obstinate and stiff-necked? Here you are still arguing against the obvious. If you have nothing edifying to say to the body of Christ it will be better that you activate the mute button.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
frosbel:

No one is busy bodying in your organisation's matters, we are simply asking you to leave the couple alone and let them enjoy their marriage.

It is not the business of you and your leaders to harass, shame and humiliate God's children for the only crime that they decided to look nice on their wedding day , just as Isaac and Rebecca adorned themselves in the bible.

When you and your organisation stop ruining lives, practising double standards and bringing shame and ridicule to Christianity, then we will stop exposing your unfruitful works of darkness.

smiley

You are busy bodying when you meddle into matters that doesn't concern you. You have refused to mention the name of your church and you will not say whether you will permit you boys to wear earrings but you are quick to judge another man's servant. That is what I see as double standards if you know what I mean.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You certainly sound like one.

Are you basing this on facts or just hearsay?

You are basing your emotional outbursts on hearsays which are not facts. The bride didn't wear earrings and the wedding did not take place in DLBC. If you don't have the full information surrounding the whole scenario why do you want to bring yourself under a curse like Mariam did?

If you sincerely wanted answers to these questions you should have consulted your pastor instead of venting your pains with unbelievers who don't care about the state of your soul? If the fact that you have been prevented from wearing make up is the issue then you don't have to stay in the church, especially if make up is more important to you than your soul.

If your conviction is not based on the word of God you will be moved by what you see or hear. Let Christ be your rock and you shall not fall.

The bolded above tells me that you have no fact to buttress your point. Is it the newspapers that made spurious reports that she wore earrings when she did not? You need to get your facts right and not put your faith in what you will later find out to be false reports and assumptions.

The devil has got you where he needs you. You've allowed your faith that was built on the promises of God to be destroyed by all the naysayers and gainsayers. It is easier to destroy than to build and you know that the devil has only come to steal, kill and destroy and that's if you allow him.

Again you "heard" who are you hearing from? Are you hearing from the Lord?

Again, you do not know all the facts. It is wrong for you to wrongly accuse the Man of God of things you are ignorant of. Learn the lesson Mariam learnt and be wise.

If it is the high society wedding that you are after then go ahead and do it. If you think that worldliness and idolatory will make you happy go ahead and do it. Don't give the excuse that the church would not allow it.

You say that they are defending their pastor. That means that he wasn't your pastor. Why don't you just say it that you are advertising your pastor?

For your information. There have been visions of those who visited heaven and heard what the Lord Jesus Christ testified about W.F. Kumuyi and showed them his mansion. His wife who has moved on to glory was also seen in her splendour. You are still in the race and you are condemning what the Lord has not condemned. Take heed.

The Lord is building His Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. The bride in question is not married to you so you don't have to worry yourself of what becomes of her, if anything at all pray for them. Bitterness and anger will destroy you if you don't let go and let God.

At least we can see where you are coming from and where you are going. You mentioned your pastor unlike others who hide their's in secrecy.

When you wake up out of your nightmare you will then face the reality of life and see that all your assumptions are false.

You better ask God to forgive you for blasphemy and false witnessing before its too late, He will surely forgive.

I am sorry but all your response to Collins above is pure nonsense
You are not helping his situation,you don't need to worsen it by sending him to hell in your typical way.
What I see is a young man who feels deceived ,disillusioned and disappointed
i see a young man that has been trained over the years to uphold certain ideals and now seeing the same man who taught those things enmeshed in a scandal for not showing the same disgust the Church has been known for when the subject is his own child.
FYI there could be many Colinses in that boat now
What they need is someone pointing them to Christ as the standard or they will run from one man of God to another seeking holiness and righteousness and come up short and more disappointed each time.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
sheniqua:

I am sorry but all your response to Collins above is nonsense
What I see is a young man who feels deceived ,disillusioned and disappointed because he has been trained over the years to uphold certain ideals and now seeing the same man who taught those things enmeshed in a scandal for not showing the same disgust the Church has been known for when the subject is his own child.
FYI there could be many Colinses in that boat now
What they need is someone pointing them to Christ as the standard or they will rip un from one man of God to another seeking holiness and righteousness and come up short and more disappointed each time.

"The trouble with being a leader today is that you can't be sure whether people are following you or chasing you."
undecided
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
sheniqua:
Me and my partnerThe jezebelsHell bound permissive " Christians"These and others are words that have rolled off your lips at will all through this thread as you accuse the brethren like the devil himself Amazing that a man who on this thread has consistently claimed to be the connoisseur of holiness and righteousness is calling me proud.You must not know the definition of the word pride.You do wear it as a garment,sir
[quoteauthor=OLAADEGBU]undecided[/quote]

aaa
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU: undecided

John, myself and other faithfuls on the battlefield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssdx8OQ24C4

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Image123(m): 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
DrummaBoy: At the risk of hoping you will understand, I will reason with you on this post of yours.
i forgive you at this time.

How does what you have written differ from the title of the thread. Thread is titled Kumuyi offer to resign over son's wedding controversy. You say he offered to resign. That is, when their leadership met, he offered to resign. Is there any difference here. Or there is a challenge with comprehending English somewhere. But that is not my main grouse with your post. Let's consider the others:
Open your eyes please. The title of this thread is "Kumuyi Offers To Resign over Son's Wedding Controversy"
Offers i.e offer with an 's'. In english grammar, offered is past tense, while offers is continuous tense. From my understanding of the issue on ground, he is not still offering to resign in the continuous, but he offered to in the past, in a supposed meeting. Its only sensational and exaggerated journalism to mislead folks into thinking that that chapter(of resignation) is open. Its not. tongue The OP's link says that offered to resign as the GS but was prevailed upon not to by the leadership of the church. The apology letter states that Kumuyi had earlier declined to be at the events.
i seriously expect it to fly right over though, ifyouknowwhatimean.

Who are the people making these decisions and what yardstick are they using.
Not exactly i business or yours, though i suppose they are the elders of the deeper life church.

Couple is suspended. Pastor of Jamaican church is sacked. Kumuyi is left off the hook. What did the Jamaican pastor do that Kumuyi did not do.
To be fair, Kumuyi is probably left off the hook because he is their General Superintendent. i guess that is not a very common position, duh. He is worthy of double honour.
1Ti 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labor in the word and doctrine.
Also, the main 'defaulter' if she can be called that, is the daughter of the jamaican pastor. Its her dressing that is in question.
Not to forget that the jamaican pastor is the overseer of the church in which the wedding was conducted.
And there is something called leader's discretion

They both had children who wedded breaking church rules. They both attended the wedding at parent and pastors. They both kept mute at the traditional and the church wedding, but alas, one is sacked because he is a mere pastor and the other is left off the hook bc he is the GS.
Answered already above. Sorry, hate it or love it, they do not have the same status. Not before God, not before men. Paul and Timothy are not mates, neither is Peter and Mark, or you and John the baptist. And again, not forgetting that it is actually the jamaican pastor's jurisdiction as it were. Similar occurences have been happening unchecked under his watch. He took the lady from home to the church. Kumuyi most likely met them at the church.

Did you read what the Colins Adua wrote? Apparently disquising with an alias, but certainly a deeper lifer (bc he is using cliches that only members of that church would know), accuses the Deeper life leadership of double standard.
Sorry, i'm not here to discuss or notice colins, but don't worry, i will comment on his post later since it makes you healthier.

Because, in his own words Pastors in that assembly have committed less offences and have been punished. Why not the GS?
Do two wrong things make a right? Do you think a parent should be disciplined by man for an adult child's behaviour? If no, why do you want this wrong to be done to kumuyi? You would rather the wrong tradition continue. If it continues yopu complain, if it doesn't you still complain. Sorry, they are not living to please you.

Kumuyi proposed the resignation because he was trying to maintain the principles of the church, albiet in a hypocritical way because he does not need to "suggest" whether he should resign or not. If he feels he has failed as a parent, he should simply resign and go live on his pension and not play to the gallery requesting to resign.
You need to learn how(or pray to) to read without letting your emotions hinder your comprehension. You are supposing and assuming things BTW.

The reason why the issue has become such an overblown matter is because the DL church has been guilty of overblowing issues themselves. Making a mountain out of nothing like dressing and make ups and here the chicken has simply come home to roost.
No, the reason why it has overblown is the crave of the depraved to see the downfall of others. If little mistake is made from any popular figure, it is usually overblown. We've seen such on this forum with Oyedepo, Adeboye and others.

That is the height of childish talk. Most people commenting on this matter have nothing to compete with DL on.
Massive fail. most people commenting have had issues with deeper life either as members, former members, relatives and friends to members, and the over populous busybodies around social media.

The point most are trying to make is for the church to stop its hypocritical acts and double standards. If the son of the GS can fail on a small matter of dressing at wedding, where he should know better, We can assume that the GS himself has not taught his children the ways he has imposed on the whole church and if a man cannot govern his own home, he is not fit to pastor a church, saith the holy scripture. KUMUYI SHOULD TAKE THE WISE STEP AND RESIGN!
No, your point is that the deeper life church should scatter and you don't care. Your point is that Kumuyi must resign as it would make your handler happier. you don't care whether he is right or wrong, you want him wrong by all means. You want revenge. Why would you want him to resign if it is such a small matter to you? Do you insist that people must resign over small matters? Is that what you do at work, or anywhere? Why do you think it the WISE STEP for Kumuyi to resign? His messages are a threat to your family? Why are you ready to assume that Kumuyi cannot govern his own home? Are you a man or a boy? If a man, a married man, does your father govern you? Kumuyi's son is not a kid or a boy, he is a man. They don't live together since years now. Kumuyi has shown him the way he should go.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]
You are busy bodying when you meddle into matters that doesn't concern you. You have refused to mention the name of your church and you will not say whether you will permit you boys to wear earrings but you are quick to judge another man's servant. That is what I see as double standards if you know what I mean.[/q

In addition John and Love are DeeperLife children and their marriage and discipline is DeeperLife business

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Babalegba(m): 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hypocrites abound on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

In ancient cultures they did. What stops frosbel and his boys from wearing earrings now?

If he decides to wear ear rings,it still will not send him to hell
You don't get it do you?
Your unloving heart and accusatory holier than thou attitude will take you there faster than any gold in anyone's ears
That is what the scripture says

5 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=Deeper_danNY][/quote]

God's children are not your business, they are God's business, by imposing a man made rule which is only kept in Nigeria and discarded in the west, you are playing double standards which is hypocrisy and making the life of a young couple miserable because of your silly legalistic laws on dress.

As a former deeperlifer , I can now see why many leave your church , it is too burdensome with man made laws, so much hypocrisy and boasting and outright pride because of some supposedly acquired status of holiness.

"In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness." - Matthew 23:28
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DrummaBoy(m): 9:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
@Image 123

I had thought you will understand but let me try a little and after this one I will let the issue be. In your analysis of my post you conviniently left out the main issue, the 1Timothy scripture that is the very basis for a scriptural call for Kumuyi to resign

1Ti 3:1 ¶ This [is] a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

Now Image will have us believe that in the church all believers are equal but some are more equal than others (sound more like a line from George Owel's animal farm)

Image 123: Answered already above. Sorry, hate it or love it, they (Kumuyi and the Jamaican pastor) do not have the same status. Not before God, not before men. Paul and Timothy are not mates, neither is Peter and Mark, or you and John the baptist. And again, not forgetting that it is actually the jamaican pastor's jurisdiction as it were. Similar occurences have been happening unchecked under his watch. He took the lady from home to the church. Kumuyi most likely met them at the church.

The bible does not teach this

Gal 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's personsmiley for they who seemed [to be somewhat] in conference added nothing to me:

Jam 2:1 ¶ My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, [the Lord] of glory, with respect of persons.

Jam 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

And the very words of Jesus Himself

Mat 23:7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Mat 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Mat 23:9 And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Mat 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, [even] Christ.

As for the relationship btw me and John the Baptist, hear scripture:

Mat 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

The theological implication of Jesus' words is that there is no longer a priestly order after that of Aaron and Moses and to exalt men to the position of Rabbi or Men of God with the connotation that they are greater than other, is to teach something that is foreign to the NT and that is obsolete. But how do you understand this since this is the reason you pay tithe to such men in the first place. But this is not a tithe thread and we can allow it to pass.

Now if Kumuyi's resignation will hurt the church then I propose two things, he should be suspended following the same church rules that apply to other pastors; the same rule applied to the Jamaican pastor himself. If however he cannot be suspended then that church doctrine on outward adornment must be reviewed. Let a new standard for modesty in dressing be published and let it be worldwide, not just applying to the Nigerian church. If this cannot be done, then the likes of Colin Adua have the right to hold their views.

Now it seem to me that the issue of Kumuyi resigning is something that the church cannot contemplate. But that is not just an indictement on the church of DL but of Kumuyi himself. Having ministered in that church for close to 40years, he should have someone who can succeed him by now. He is over 70 and death can come anytime. Does he want to die and leave the flock scattered?

I rest my case on this thread.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by success4(m): 9:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
Proverbs 30:12
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes,
and yet is not washed from their filthiness.

New International Version (NIV)
12 those who are pure in their own eyes
and yet are not cleansed of their filth;

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
12 Some people think they are pure, but they have done nothing to remove the filth of their sin.

Good News Translation (GNT)
12 There are people who think they are pure when they are as filthy as they can be.

NOTE: The scripture can't be broken!

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Image123(m): 12:38am On Jul 11, 2013
Alright to the bad belle's award winning post that they all want us to read,

Colin Adua: A bunch of over pampered kids!
Who?

A sister once told me that during her Deeper Life wedding that the wife of the regional overseer searched thoroughly for perming underneath their locally plaited hair, and if she had noticed one, that person would have been chased out of the wedding right there on her wedding day.
Is that the right thing to do? Is that what you do? Is that what you want to continue as church tradition? Should tradition be rather maintained?

Now, somebody in the same church, after years of humiliating and openly rebuking others for far lesser offfence, has the effrontery to adorn herself with perming(are you sure, that, is not weavon/wig), makeup, earing, wedding gown, see through show shoulder dress,
Hold on, hold your horse please! Who is this fellow who is humiliating and openly rebuking others for far lesser offences for years, who now has effrontery to adorn herself? Are you referring to Love Kumuyi, and can you prove this, or this is just vain and frustrated etie melo babble?
2Ti 2:16 Keep away from worthless and useless talk. It only leads people farther away from God.

against the church's 38 years preaching/ standard and the wedding was allowed to hold, while the GS was present, just because of what? Probably, because she is being married to the GS (Oga on top) son. And deeper life members were there, clapping for them, beaming with smiles, inside deeper life church. You people needs to try more harder to explain to me that there is no DOULBE STANDARD.
You mean the church's so called 38 years of preaching has been about perming, weavon/wig, makeup, earring, wedding gown, see through show shoulder dress. That would be a shame, i don't think so, i've listened to Kumuyi too. That is not what the church's standard has been about.
Now FYI, such kind of wedding had been holding in deeper life(to the best of my knowledge in North America). It didn't hold because of some perceived oga at the top. It had been holding and was normal to them. It may only be strange to visitors from Nigeria or other places. You are ignorant in this case, sorry.

Resignation or no resignation, apology or no apology, suspension or no suspension, discipline or no discipline, all those are meaningless medicine after death, the wedding has been permitted, the damage has been done. Why did the church allow the worldly wedding to hold in the first place? Didnt they see her make up at their traditional wedding two days before? Are the members afraid to rebuke the son of their pastor? All these shenanigans, laterly is just, far far far foul, a move to stop other members from giving their children high society wedding, after they have already given it to their kids.
Like my brother Ola has already replied, you are free to walk even unclad on your wedding day since that is what will make you happy and is what you have been missing all this while. But for deeper life, we'll leave them to their decisions. People have been having this kind of weddings in that area before this time and i guess they will continue to. It is folks in Nigeria that would not be wedded that way as their administration does not permit it, and they clearly are not in the same class. Nigeria(or more appropriately Lagos) is their headquarters, and they will do well to endeavour to keep to what they know/understand to be the highest standards.
Phi 1:9 And my prayer is that you may be increased more and more in knowledge and experience;
Phi 1:10 So that you may give your approval to the best things; that you may be true and without wrongdoing till the day of Christ;

That is my prayer for them.

Is it not outright hypocrisy, double standard and lack of integrity?
No, it is not. Every believer is not in the same class and does not exactly have the same syllabus. Now, that statement would go way over many's heads, but it is what it is. You would rather that they continue in tradition than be a living church? i agree and would personally criticize John and his wife if i could, for putting their parents and church through all the embarrassment because of selfish interest, and not remembering the children of who they are, though they have apologised for that. But to talk of hypocrisy or double standard, no, no. There are differences of administration but the same Lord. What God expects more of believers is unity and not uniformity. Uniformity is good and of various advantages but is not universally possible at the present. We are not all in the same class or administration. Some are in pry1, some are in SSS1,same school of faith and same Lord Jesus. They cannot take the same thing. Some can take deep, some can take meat, some are still babes. It is godly wisdom to understand this in pastoring, evangelism and in administration.

Am still very shocked, disappointed and I feel betrayed. I did not attend the wedding of someone very close to me, I did not take pictures with them, neither did I eat their cake and food at the hall, in my protest that I did not support him marrying an unbeliever, neither do I support his flambouyant worldly wedding, partly because of the church then, now look at this. How will he see me now? Is it not an outright betrayal?
Of course, no serious christian should support marriage to an unbeliever. how does this add up to marrying an unbeliever? Learn by the way, not to put your trust in man but in God. that is in your Bible, isn't it? That been said, i don't know how this wedding relates to your close person marrying an unbeliever. Nobody has betrayed you here, don't allow satan to make things up and exaggerate issues. i don't know why you are been jealous of unbelievers and worldly dressing BTW.
Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
If you have offended your close person, simply go and apologise to him. All this wailing about how he will see you now is not needed. Are you more concerned about how men will see you or the right thing to do? Go and apologise if you have offended your close person. Even God offends people so its no deal if you have malunderstanding with any church or brother/sister.

Pastor Kumuyi would have shown us the stuff he was made of(if he was actually made of any stuff).
If you s=do not know the stuff Kumuyi is made of, you should not be here or anywhere writing long letters about him, simply mind your own business. Imagine the statement and konkobility as it were! So you are the one made of stuff, isee your stuff oh.

He was there, sat quietly, took pictures with them, probably, drank their wine (are you sure that wine wasnt alcoholic), listened to their songs(I wonder what they were singing about, in that shameless disobedience to a constituted organisation), possibly ate their cake and food.
Now, this is childish, don't be childish. You only take pictures with saints and angels right? All through school, primary, secondary, tertiary, with friends and at work, your pictures have been with apostles and God's generals ba? You must be the angel Colin right? you wonder what they were singing about? wonder no more, it must have been one dbanj song like that. So much for your wonderment. Like i have said, i do not exactly appreciate their disobedience to constituted authority, but fortunately, i'm not jealous. You sound very jealous and hurt, like you've missed something really important, yet you claim not to be even a member. i'm not jealous of children who do not know the gravity of their one day fun actions anyway.

Then flown back to Nigeria and started waving resignation over our faces. He doesnt need to offer resignation, as I read from a paper, he should have submitted a resignation letter, gone home collected all the wedding pictures and videos from the naughty couple and get them burnt, if he is serious.
He didn't wave it over your face, sorry. you barely matter in this issue. You may need to re-read the OP and the link slowly this time, or take time out to ask deeper life members/leaders who may have more authentic info if na so the thing important reach to your life.

I find it difficult listening to his messages again, because I keep asking myself, do this man mean all these things he is saying? If not the issue with my PC, I would have gotten all of them deleted from my HDD.
childish again. Were you the fellow that talked of bunch of overpampered kids? i see it was an introduction of sorts. Quickly sort out the issue with your life before you sort the one with your PC.

What has happened to open rebuke, that the church has been preaching? What has happened to showing our faith by our works? What has happened to " a leader's sin is a leading sin" condemnation?
Did you watch the video on the letter of apology? Do you know that that was done in the open, and transmitted live to all deeper life churches? What more do you want, a public flogging of the couple on the assembly ground, or a banishment to hell fire? The couple was suspended, what do you want again, you want heads to literally roll? Who is the leader in this case, and what is his sin?

Why didnt kumuyi call off or halt that wedding when he saw that girl like that? Why didnt he cancel it and chase those bunch of naughty kids out of the church, as has been done to so many other people in the past (as I heard, I never witnessed any), as the general overseer of the whole branches? He would have welded his cane immediately. A worthy shepherd can never see a sheep getting lost and keep quiet and after it must have gotten lost and eaten he now starts looking for it.
I seriously do not get this parable of the lost sheep that you are 'cracking' here, do expatiate. Why do you want Kumuyi to call off or halt the wedding? On what grounds? How was the girl like? Must wrong things continue in the name of tradition. Yet if they keep the tradition, it is your likes that will still accuse the church of cultism and legalism. Have you ever seen Kumuyi do that? No, but you suddenly want him to. On what basis, so that he will be a worthy shepherd in your estimation. Well, he does not live for your estimation, he lives as led by the Spirit of God, not by traditions of men.

If he had chased them out of the church and had postponed the wedding, now I would have been celebrating him, boasting and thumping my chest. And my respect for him would have gone back to 100%. But he sat there and kept quiet, while his kids were disobeying the church, now he is crying foul and rejecting apology. Thats crying when the head is already cut off, medicine after death, an outright double standard, because no one in his right senses can believe that he did not consent to the wedding.
Oh so this is all about your chest thumping abilities, okay. he does not need you to celebrate him. He has already achieved more than you can do in seven life times in this your present condition. If you like, have -100% respect for him or 100% respect for him, it does not take his name out of the book of life or put it there. You need a total overhauling of your mind.

The high society wedding, has already been done, the pictures are probably somewhere waiting to be enlarged, framed and hanged. Few years from now, the kids will look at them and possibly grin with satisfaction and give themselves high five and thumbs up, that they looked good during their day. And other members will still be shackled down from happiness, freedom and liberty with unnecessary laws.
Happiness, freedom and liberty? Is that what you think wedding cakes and make up are all about. i appreciate God you are not a member of deeper life, this is so shallow. i've met wonderful members of deeper life, my very very good friends, i thank God i've not personally met your sort. Have you not seen more glamorous weddings in your life? Did that guarantee happiness, did that stop barrenness or divorce? you think what someone wears on the wedding day is what shackles them from happiness, freedom and liberty? i almost do not believe that this is the post dumming boy and co were urging us all to read. What is this nonsense? Are you married?

Had it been that this happened to another pastor like Lazarus Mouka, deeper life members would have piecesed him. They will talk and talk and talk untill their arses starts talking. Only God knows what they would have said. Now, it has happened to Deeper Life and they are defending their pastor, trying to sweep it under the carpet. Thank God for the media, it would have been cleverly underplayed.
Only God knows what they would have said, then you go ahead to tell us what they would have said. Oh, you must be god. Like i earlier said, all this threads na bad belle from people who want the church to go down. It would not happen. Deeper life recorded their highest attendance in their monthly programmes just last week. My pal was in a traffic jam from there and got home like 12 in the night. It has NEVER happened since he had been going. Stay there and be wishing, even the gates of hell cannot prevail against the church of God.

My respect for him has gone from 70% to -20%. He should be disciplined and suspended for sitting quietly, consenting to that wedding, just like the Jamaican national overseer. If God is still interested in DL, HE will raise somebody far better than him. Nobody is indispensable. Kumuyi should get off there for some time it will help us to recover easily, retaining him as GS for now is still amounting to another double standard, an unfair treatment, since the Jamaican overseer, has been suspended. A lot of pastors in deeper life has been disciplined for an offence far lesser. PLEASE HE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LIVE BY EXAMPLE.
Now, i'm bored. You need a good job.

Deeper life should go and put the church in order, making sure that those bunch of over pampered kids, did not give birth before 9 months of their wedding. They should counsel, monitor and nurtur them so that they should not fight and divorce. Because that will finish the already dented image of the church. A woman who can shamelessly, globally and overtly disobey an old constituted organisation, she grew up in, with alacrity, without minding whose ox is gored, doesnt seem like an ideal virtuous, submisssive wife to me.
What? Even atheists are wishing them a happy married life. Here you are wishing they will divorce, and that they have committed fornication. i shouldn'even be replying your post. Now, i understand how someone can really be worse than an infidel.

Maybe God has seen these lack of integrity, far before we do and raised a new pastor in the person of Lazarus Mouka for himself and us.

I wish, finally someone will just tell me that this is not true, that it didnt happen. I wish I can wake up and find all this a dream.

Kai, na waoh! am stranded. I never imagined nor expected this from a family we boast of and look up to.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THIS WRITEUP, IF THAT WORLDLY WEDDING DID NOT HAPPEN AFTER ALL.

Colin.
Don't be stranded, simply repent. And get good Bible teaching instead of monitoring and waiting for other believers to fall or make mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Image123(m): 12:43am On Jul 11, 2013
frosbel:

God's children are not your business, they are God's business, by imposing a man made rule which is only kept in Nigeria and discarded in the west, you are playing double standards which is hypocrisy and making the life of a young couple miserable because of your silly legalistic laws on dress.

As a former deeperlifer , I can now see why many leave your church , it is too burdensome with man made laws, so much hypocrisy and boasting and outright pride because of some supposedly acquired status of holiness.

"In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness." - Matthew 23:28
Rubbish. people leave every church, not just deeper life. And all churches also receive new comers like almost every Sunday or something. You are so bitter, God help you not to endanger your health and eternity.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by hardeyincah(m): 1:08am On Jul 11, 2013
Colin Adua: A bunch of over pampered kids!

A sister once told me that during her Deeper Life wedding that the wife of the regional overseer searched thoroughly for perming underneath their locally plaited hair, and if she had noticed one, that person would have been chased out of the wedding right there on her wedding day.

Now, somebody in the same church, after years of humiliating and openly rebuking others for far lesser offfence, has the effrontery to adorn herself with perming(are you sure, that, is not weavon/wig), makeup, earing, wedding gown, see through show shoulder dress, against the church's 38 years preaching/ standard and the wedding was allowed to hold, while the GS was present, just because of what? Probably, because she is being married to the GS (Oga on top) son. And deeper life members were there, clapping for them, beaming with smiles, inside deeper life church. You people needs to try more harder to explain to me that there is no DOULBE STANDARD.

Resignation or no resignation, apology or no apology, suspension or no suspension, discipline or no discipline, all those are meaningless medicine after death, the wedding has been permitted, the damage has been done. Why did the church allow the worldly wedding to hold in the first place? Didnt they see her make up at their traditional wedding two days before? Are the members afraid to rebuke the son of their pastor? All these shenanigans, laterly is just, far far far foul, a move to stop other members from giving their children high society wedding, after they have already given it to their kids.

Is it not outright hypocrisy, double standard and lack of integrity? Am still very shocked, disappointed and I feel betrayed. I did not attend the wedding of someone very close to me, I did not take pictures with them, neither did I eat their cake and food at the hall, in my protest that I did not support him marrying an unbeliever, neither do I support his flambouyant worldly wedding, partly because of the church then, now look at this. How will he see me now? Is it not an outright betrayal?

Pastor Kumuyi would have shown us the stuff he was made of(if he was actually made of any stuff). He was there, sat quietly, took pictures with them, probably, drank their wine (are you sure that wine wasnt alcoholic), listened to their songs(I wonder what they were singing about, in that shameless disobedience to a constituted organisation), possibly ate their cake and food. Then flown back to Nigeria and started waving resignation over our faces. He doesnt need to offer resignation, as I read from a paper, he should have submitted a resignation letter, gone home collected all the wedding pictures and videos from the naughty couple and get them burnt, if he is serious.

I find it difficult listening to his messages again, because I keep asking myself, do this man mean all these things he is saying? If not the issue with my PC, I would have gotten all of them deleted from my HDD.

What has happened to open rebuke, that the church has been preaching? What has happened to showing our faith by our works? What has happened to " a leader's sin is a leading sin" condemnation? Why didnt kumuyi call off or halt that wedding when he saw that girl like that? Why didnt he cancel it and chase those bunch of naughty kids out of the church, as has been done to so many other people in the past (as I heard, I never witnessed any), as the general overseer of the whole branches? He would have welded his cane immediately. A worthy shepherd can never see a sheep getting lost and keep quiet and after it must have gotten lost and eaten he now starts looking for it.

If he had chased them out of the church and had postponed the wedding, now I would have been celebrating him, boasting and thumping my chest. And my respect for him would have gone back to 100%. But he sat there and kept quiet, while his kids were disobeying the church, now he is crying foul and rejecting apology. Thats crying when the head is already cut off, medicine after death, an outright double standard, because no one in his right senses can believe that he did not consent to the wedding.

The high society wedding, has already been done, the pictures are probably somewhere waiting to be enlarged, framed and hanged. Few years from now, the kids will look at them and possibly grin with satisfaction and give themselves high five and thumbs up, that they looked good during their day. And other members will still be shackled down from happiness, freedom and liberty with unnecessary laws.

Had it been that this happened to another pastor like Lazarus Mouka, deeper life members would have piecesed him. They will talk and talk and talk untill their arses starts talking. Only God knows what they would have said. Now, it has happened to Deeper Life and they are defending their pastor, trying to sweep it under the carpet. Thank God for the media, it would have been cleverly underplayed.

My respect for him has gone from 70% to -20%. He should be disciplined and suspended for sitting quietly, consenting to that wedding, just like the Jamaican national overseer. If God is still interested in DL, HE will raise somebody far better than him. Nobody is indispensable. Kumuyi should get off there for some time it will help us to recover easily, retaining him as GS for now is still amounting to another double standard, an unfair treatment, since the Jamaican overseer, has been suspended. A lot of pastors in deeper life has been disciplined for an offence far lesser. PLEASE HE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LIVE BY EXAMPLE.

Deeper life should go and put the church in order, making sure that those bunch of over pampered kids, did not give birth before 9 months of their wedding. They should counsel, monitor and nurtur them so that they should not fight and divorce. Because that will finish the already dented image of the church. A woman who can shamelessly, globally and overtly disobey an old constituted organisation, she grew up in, with alacrity, without minding whose ox is gored, doesnt seem like an ideal virtuous, submisssive wife to me.

Maybe God has seen these lack of integrity, far before we do and raised a new pastor in the person of Lazarus Mouka for himself and us.

I wish, finally someone will just tell me that this is not true, that it didnt happen. I wish I can wake up and find all this a dream.

Kai, na waoh! am stranded. I never imagined nor expected this from a family we boast of and look up tuo.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THIS WRITEUP, IF THAT WORLDLY WEDDING DID NOT HAPPEN AFTER ALL.

Colin.

if i knew all dis write up was to praise Lazarus and advertise his church, i wouldn't av read it at iall....
GOOD WRITE UP! BAD MOTIVE!!!f
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 11, 2013
Image123:
Rubbish. people leave every church, not just deeper life. And all churches also receive new comers like almost every Sunday or something. You are so bitter, God help you not to endanger your health and eternity.

Bitter ? Is that your joker card.

Repent from your tithe fraud !

smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Image123(m): 1:21am On Jul 11, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Image 123

I had thought you will understand but let me try a little and after this one I will let the issue be. In your analysis of my post you conviniently left out the main issue, the 1Timothy scripture that is the very basis for a scriptural call for Kumuyi to resign
Mr, i didn't leave out any issue. There is nothing to argue with in scriptures. i replied your posts and opinions. i have no business replying scriptures that are quoted out of context. i may sometimes reply just to explain the passage in its true context. here is the passage you quoted which has little or nothing to do with the issue at hand.
1Ti 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
Yea well, what?

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
Errm, Kumuyi meets this criteria quite well.

1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
He meets this as well. He is patient, but you do not want him to be obviously. he is not a brawler too, but you seem to wish he was more of a brawler at his son's wedding.

1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
Yes he did. i never heard anything scandalous about his children while they were under his house, before they became men. He trained them up well, gave them a good education, and they were church workers till the present issue. we didn't hear of his 15year old child fighting in the street, or doing drugs, or impregnating the girls in the neighbourhood. This is what child training is about. When i was a child phase, and when i became a man phase. When they were children, kumuyi did his job pretty well. It seems you probably do not understand the verse or passage. Perhaps you had been following men.

1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
He passed. You may also want to add thie next two verses which he also passes excellently too.
1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Shame to the devilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

Now Image will have us believe that in the church all believers are equal but some are more equal than others (sound more like a line from George Owel's animal farm)

The bible does not teach this

And the very words of Jesus Himself
i can't be explaining every Bible passage that you quote for you. The Bible teaches that all of us can approach God for salvation and that God will judge anyone that commits sin. But the Bible clearly teaches that we are not all in the same rank. John was the greatest man that lived according to Jesus. that means he John was not equal to others. He taught about being greater than Jonah and Solomon, and like you just quoted, you do not have the same level as John the baptist.

As for the relationship btw me and John the Baptist, hear scripture:

[/color]Mat 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Do you have problems? You just tried telling us that we are all equal, and then end up by emphatically suggesting to us that you are greater than John. See me see trouble oh. It is well in the well.

The theological implication of Jesus' words is that there is no longer a priestly order after that of Aaron and Moses and to exalt men to the position of Rabbi or Men of God with the connotation that they are greater than other, is to teach something that is foreign to the NT and that is obsolete. But how do you understand this since this is the reason you pay tithe to such men in the first place. But this is not a tithe thread and we can allow it to pass.
Oh, you just had to say the 't'word cheesy The theological implication is not our issue here, whatever that means.
[color=#990000]1Ti 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labor in the word and doctrine.
There are elders in the church, there are rulers, there are fathers, there are older and younger, there are children, there are men, there are women. They are not all the same. The husband is not the same as the wife in a sense, he is her 'head'. In another sense, they are one. Its the same in church, we are all one in the Body, but we are different parts of that one body, having need of one another.

Now if Kumuyi's resignation will hurt the church then I propose two things, he should be suspended following the same church rules that apply to other pastors; the same rule applied to the Jamaican pastor himself. If however he cannot be suspended then that church doctrine on outward adornment must be reviewed. Let a new standard for modesty in dressing be published and let it be worldwide, not just applying to the Nigerian church. If this cannot be done, then the likes of Colin Adua have the right to hold their views.
Well, i have nothing to say about this that i have not already said. It is none of my business. Nevertheless, remember that there are different administrations, and everyone is not in the same class. there are things Paul can teach others that he cannot teach babes. Its pastoral godly wisdom and discernment to know your members and audience. you probably may not understand these things as you may not belong to a church or be a leader, or have the experience of leading many human beings.

Now it seem to me that the issue of Kumuyi resigning is something that the church cannot contemplate. But that is not just an indictement on the church of DL but of Kumuyi himself. Having ministered in that church for close to 40years, he should have someone who can succeed him by now. He is over 70 and death can come anytime. Does he want to die and leave the flock scattered?

Leave your case and mind your business please. Kumuyi is alive and a thousand of you cannot kill him. The church of God is not an experiment, it is the body of Christ. When and if God calls His men, He will provide another of the same heart. People like you are so ignorant you think there is nobody in church except Kumuyi, or Oyedepo or Adeboye. You are the ones shopping for probable replacements like its all politics. Don't worry yourself ehn, let God and maybe Kumuyi worry about that one. There is no indictment except on you, Kumuyi has done no wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:50am On Jul 11, 2013
Edited out.

wink
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 2:42am On Jul 11, 2013
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 2:48am On Jul 11, 2013
frosbel:
Image123 once again on one of his incoherent rants.

smiley
you call that incoherent
Smh...
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 3:04am On Jul 11, 2013
frosbel: Image123once again on one of his incoherent rants.
you call that incoherent
Smh...
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by tpia5: 3:29am On Jul 11, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Image 123]

you seem to believe you will survive him, what gives you this belief, if i may ask?

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by busolayemi: 10:14am On Jul 11, 2013
Personally, I don't see why the pastor should resign...everybody knos the tradition of punishing or disciplining the parents for sins commited by adult children....yes, as I am talkin to you right now, my own mom is stil on discipline for wat I did....but I won't let that becloud my sense of judgement....d change should start on someone...and if its the G.O...I'm so kool wit it....and for those wishin deeper life bad....that church is built upon the rock, d gates of hell cannot prevail....I am not a deeper life member FYI

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2013
Pygru:
you call that incoherent
Smh...

because it was not intelligible at a first glance, on a second read , made some sense in some sections.

smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2013
busolayemi: Personally, I don't see why the pastor should resign...everybody knos the tradition of punishing or disciplining the parents for sins commited by adult children....yes, as I am talkin to you right now, my own mom is stil on discipline for wat I did....but I won't let that becloud my sense of judgement....d change should start on someone...and if its the G.O...I'm so kool wit it....and for those wishin deeper life bad....that church is built upon the rock, d gates of hell cannot prevail....I am not a deeper life member FYI

The church that the gates of hades ( btw not hell ) will not prevail against is the CHURCH of CHRIST not Deeperlife.

wink
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:31am On Jul 11, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

John, myself and other faithfuls on the battlefield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssdx8OQ24C4

That was a wonderful piece. Was that you and John performing on the keyboards? smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joiam: 11:43am On Jul 11, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, I think enough is enough about this issue. I think so. John and Love have made an unforgettable statement against tradition thsat chains, apology or no apology. Another Luther? In their apology letter, they did not apologise to God. They have only apologised to men! So let's relax. God is working!

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2013
engineerboat:

frosbel you are now showing ur true colour, get this fact that the church DEEPER STILL REMAIN STRONG, did u think the church will be destroyed as a result of this,
I will only advicr u to keep to yourself, since u are...

Good observation for discerning brethren. This is what our Lord Jesus had to say about this revelation:

"And I say also to you, That you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"
(Matthew 16:18).

This is what John Wesley said:

"Give me 100 preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not a straw whether they be clegymen or laymen, such alone will shake the gates of hell"
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2013
samilo88:

I just read the whole news on the posted link. Come to think of it most christian leaders commended the acts of the church. There must be discipline in the house of God. To think that Tunde Bakare can still come out to condemn other church leaders is a shame. Someone who drag the name of Christ to the mud is now quoting scriptures out of context. Didn't he read in the scripture about being unequally yoked with unbelievers now he is quoting scriptures.
@Op next time don't just extract excerpt, try posting everything on the link because most niaralanders are to lazy to find out every info before posting trash.

Good point.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2013
solomon111:

These doctrine of "God only looks at the heart,so you can wear whatever you want" will lead many people to hell.
I don't know where you people got that from in the bible.

Those doctrines came from the pit of hell.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2013
frosbel:
because it was not intelligible at a first glance, on a second read , made some sense in some sections.

smiley

ok.
see wetin bible talk

Proverbs 29:20 ESV
Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Proverbs 17:28 ESV
Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Proverbs 18:2 ESV
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (32) (Reply)

Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 214
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.