Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95697 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2013
Jetland:

Though am Deeper life member, but on this issue, i seal up mouth lest i sin against God and men.

Wise decision.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2013
Sealeddeal:

Those that have been looking for ways to criticise Deeper Life Ministry have actually found one and are not mistaking in leveraging on that to vomit their venoms. The fact is,whatever actions that taken by the leadership will be done in such a way to give glory to God and strenghten the ministry which i so much trust. Though,i am not a member of Deeper Life,i find their tradition so adorable and i wish to join them one day.

Succint. smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2013
solomon111:

It seems the word of God which says "love not the world,neither the things that are in the world" has gone out of fashion in this generation.
Even the few still keeping that holy standard are being corrupted by the pressures of the world.
Smh.

Very true. cry
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
solomon111:

Thank you very much.
I believe everything will be done to the glory of God.
The devil cannot win.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
obayaya:

but wait o... kumuyi remarried after his wife's death. abi that one dey their church laws Too? 50+ years old virgin? lmao.. ndi uka

Bad belle no good oh!. shocked
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
Dawinlove:

It a big lie,i attend the church and nothing of such is trying to happen,it just that people like adding pepper,sugar to issues,watin d church do una self,every church with his own palava but,as for Deeper life,the church is matching on,if u lyk condemn them for doin the right thing but,believe that whatsoever you say,tell or condemn about kumuyi and the church it means you pointing to God.Beware to be silent is beter than gossip,dnt call on God judgement.

Good advise. smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
nabsprada:

I pity al dose who quit dai service 2 God cos of d mistake of anoda man...dis no doubt is a seed of discord planted by d devil among d brethren...plz watch wat u say...as 4 me,i've droped al my ear rings,attachments n d likes{dt was even afta dis incidence} nt 4 kumuyi's sake bt 4 d salvation of my own soul...i've neva regretted dt decision...my earnest prayer is 4 d perfect will of God 2 prevail in d end...shalom.

May God bless you and keep you to the end. Amen.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
Pygru:

[size=38pt]Numbers 12:7-8
King James Version (KJV)
7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithfulin all mine house.
8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of theLordshall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?[/size]

Let's hope they would read this and repent before it's too late. undecided
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by busolayemi: 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
Sebi na frosbel...I'm so used to u.....am not surprised
frosbel:

The church that the gates of hades ( btw not hell ) will not prevail against is the CHURCH of CHRIST not Deeperlife.

wink
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Let's hope they would read this and repent before it's too late. undecided

Repent, because we exposed your organisation's hypocrisy ?

cool
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
busolayemi:

Sebi na frosbel...I'm so used to u.....am not surprised

He has no shame. He seems to be taking pride in his notoriety. embarassed
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

He has no shame. He seems to be taking pride in his notoriety. embarassed

do you think those who promote hypocrisy and legalism in the body of Christ should have any shame wink

Those who enforce the Christian 'hijab' on their members in Nigeria while allowing their members in the west to dress anyhow ?

Hypocrites no know shame.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2013
frosbel:

do you think those who promote hypocrisy and legalism in the body of Christ should have any shame wink

Those who enforce the Christian 'hijab' on their members in Nigeria while allowing their members in the west to dress anyhow ?

smiley

Your children are boys. Do you allow them to wear earrings in the UK? undecided
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joiam: 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Very true. cry

Please, define the world.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DrummaBoy(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You children are boys. Do you allow them to wear earrings in the UK? undecided

What is the point you're trying to make with this question you've been asking?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You children are boys. Do you allow them to wear earrings in the UK? undecided

What my children do or do not do is up to them and their relationship with GOD.

One thing is for sure, I teach them about JESUS not Religion. I do not burden them with rules and regulations , tradition or the threats of endless torture.

They know GOD loves them and Jesus came to redeem them from sin and death ( not sin and torture ) , they also know what is good and what it not good , and why it is important to make the right choice. They do not need to attend your crusades to know that, the bible contains all we need for instruction in righteous living.

My family is well balanced now and happy since we quit that bondage called deeperlife.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by busolayemi: 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
I'm glad a lot of people on NL are beginin to see dat dis frosbel isn't sumone to b paid so much attention to...u might have some good point but most of wat u say ere are heresies. I pray the almighty God open your eyes of understandint to the basic truth of His word....stop constituting a nuisance here

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by truthislight: 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
frosbel:

smiley

Lol.
God has two faces and standards, one for Nigeria and another for the westerners. cheesy

abi na God get double standards for different set of people or na the love of dollars and power of dollars in the west ?

Ah! cheesy dollars get power o! It can even cause god to fear face for europe grin

lol. Nigerians, i pitty you people.

This one no be illiteracy, na poverty of the brain ?

Smh for delusion.

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12).

If no be tithe na NDE of heaven and hell na tradition of men with double standard for Nierian and europe.

Abi no be same standard for all of mankind that God have ?

Na wao ?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by success4(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
frosbel:

One thing is for sure, I teach them about JESUS not Religion. I do not burden them with rules and regulations , tradition or the threats of endless torture.

They know GOD loves them and Jesus came to redeem them from sin and death ( not sin and torture ) , they also know what is good and what it not good , and why it is important to make the right choice. They do not need to attend your crusades to know that, the bible contains all we need for instruction in righteous living.

My family is well balanced now and happy since we quit that bondage called deeperlife.
frosbel:

My family is well balanced now and happy since we quit [size=18pt]that bondage called deeperlife.[/size]

Bro., no church is called bondage sir! I can;t understand your point of view.
But where is the place of HOLY-SPIRIT when it comes to following leaders? All
church has her challenges.

Do you know that IF I were to criticize what happen in Deeper-Life, I won't
blame pastor Kumuyi, for an obvious reason. The MARRIAGE COMMITTEE are the
cause of that problem. They try to IGNORE the 'right thing' simply because
it is pastor and one of their major leaders children.

Don't let us allow situation to make us sin. No church is bondage!
Even in my church, no one forces anything on anybody. The pastor will
preach, I sieve it and follow the pastor to the TUNE he is following Jesus.

The question I want to ask those of us that are christian here are:
Do you happy seeing your fellow brother erring?
Do you happy seeing how you fellow soldier fell on the battle field?
Are you happy as people from other kingdom are rejoicing on what happen in Deeper life?
Have you even prayed for Deeper Life to stand the challenge that may come as a result of the wedding?
Do you even care to pray for the couple?

Any christian that aspire to go to heaven won't be happy seeing fellow christian mistake.
Let's pray for our brother and sister,rather than CASTING ASPERSION. God bless you all...

This is my LAST COMMENT on this thread.

NOTE: Anyone I offend either though omission or commission, kindly accept my apology!

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dare2think: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
busolayemi: I'm glad a lot of people on NL are beginin to see dat dis frosbel isn't sumone to b paid so much attention to...u might have some good point but most of wat u say ere are heresies. I pray the almighty God open your eyes of understandint to the basic truth of His word....stop constituting a nuisance here

I think Deeper-life hypocrites are the ones constituting a nuisance in general!

1. When the pictures of the wedding emerged, Deeper-lifers said it was altered or the son and the father are both different people

2. The couple then apologised, due to the pressure and hypocrisy that the wedding seemed to have incured. The hypocrisy being the sharp contrast in their wedding and that of the average Deeplife wedding.

3. Obviously embarassed by the situation, the Church suspends the couple. I would assume the Church Suspended them for breaking some of the rules (why else would they be suspended).

4. The Church leadership showed its hypocrisy by suspending a couple in which the CHURCH LEADRSHIP attended, after the media exposed the nature of the wedding.

It is evident that the yardstick for dressing at weddings caused all these commotions, when salvation and other things should be at the fore-front. These I believe is what Frosbel is asserting to, a much more close personal relationship with God rather that focus on rules made by MEN. Rules, as it turns out, they dont follow.

This is an obejective view coming from someone who clashes with Frosbel on religuous matters.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
joiam:

Please, define the world.

The Greek word of world means kosmos, which means that which is ordered or arranged, and this has 5 different meanings.

1. The universe created by God with design and order (Matt. 13:25; Acts 17:24).

2. The planet earth.

3. The total of mankind (John 3:16).

4. The total of human existence in this present life, with all of its experience and possessions (1 Cor. 7:33).

5. The world order alienated from God, in rebellion against him, and condemned for its godlessness.

You have to be specific as to which meaning of the world you are asking me to define.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
frosbel:

The question is: What is the right thing to do? Is it right for them to wear earrings or not?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
success4:

Bro., no church is called bondage sir! I can;t understand your point of view.
But where is the place of HOLY-SPIRIT when it comes to following leaders? All
church has her challenges.

Do you know that IF I were to criticize what happen in Deeper-Life, I won't
blame pastor Kumuyi, for an obvious reason. The MARRIAGE COMMITTEE are the
cause of that problem
. They try to IGNORE the 'right thing' simply because
it is pastor and one of their major leaders children.

Don't let us allow situation to make us sin. No church is bondage!
Even in my church, no one forces anything on anybody. The pastor will
preach, I sieve it and follow the pastor to the TUNE he is following Jesus.

The question I want to ask those of us that are christian here are:
Do you happy seeing your fellow brother erring?
Do you happy seeing how you fellow soldier fell on the battle field?
Are you happy as people from other kingdom are rejoicing on what happen in Deeper life?
Have you even prayed for Deeper Life to stand the challenge that may come as a result of the wedding?
Do you even care to pray for the couple?

Any christian that aspire to go to heaven won't be happy seeing fellow christian mistake.
Let's pray for our brother and sister,rather than CASTING ASPERSION. God bless you all...

This is my LAST COMMENT on this thread.

NOTE: Anyone I offend either though omission or commission, kindly accept my apology!

Point of correction. DL in Jamaica hasn't got a marriage committee. Your apology is accepted. Please accept mine as well. wink
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by busolayemi: 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
I am not advocating for deeper life but u will agree with me that yes, deeper life pays a lot of attention to physical appearance but they do place more priority on spiritual things....they have man made rules but they also don't break God made rules....Why is Frosbel so bent on pointing out the in deeper life leaving out the positives....he left the church last year according to him...I also left the church last year...but that doesn't mean I should go about making everibody see why they should leave deeper life....Deeper life is a living church...its a church I can direct people to anyday...I left for personal reasons....so pleasde if you don't like deeper life...don't discourage the people that are there...God does not do general calling...he. Calls us personally...He should better be careful...lest he mislead fresh christians....some will get his points, odas will misunderstand him thereby falling out of grace
dare2think:

1. When the pictures of the wedding emerged, Deeper-lifers said it was altered or the son and the father are both different people

2. The couple then apologised, due to the pressure and hypocrisy that the wedding seemed to have incured. The hypocrisy being the sharp contrast in their wedding and that of the average Deeplife wedding.

3. Obviously embarassed by the situation, the Church suspends the couple. I would assume the Church Suspended them for breaking some of the rules (why else would they be suspended).

4. The Church leadership showed its hypocrisy by suspending a couple in which the CHURCH LEADRSHIP attended, after the media exposed the nature of the wedding.

It is evident that the yardstick for dressing at weddings caused all these commotions, when salvation and other things should be at the fore-front. These I believe is what Frosbel is asserting to, a much more close personal relationship with God rather that focus on rules made by MEN. Rules, as it turns out, they dont follow.

This is an obejective view coming from someone who clashes with Frosbel on religuous matters.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
dare2think:

The pictures posted by the Nigerian media (including NL) shows that the bride was wearing earrings/jewelries, which she wasn't wearing. If that is not photo shopping I don't know what it is. If you can't get your facts right in this instance the rest of your insinuations is not worth deliberating into.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by tpia5: 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
dare2think:

which deeper lifers were those?

your hacking skills told you it was deeper life typing that?

if afam4ever, sheniqua or frosbel take on various ids to type rubbish, does that validate the rubbish?

you're simply showing your criminality.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The question is: What is the right thing to do? Is it right for them to wear earrings or not?

I think the question should be, is it right to make one rule for the sheeple in Nigeria and then another one for the sheeple in the west.

Why do we have sisters put on make-up, not cover their hair and put on earrings in deeperlife churches at UK locations while enforcing a strict ISLAMIC dress code in Nigeria.

If this is not gross hypocrisy and two-facedness , I do not know what else it.

Don't let me start posting pictures. tongue

Read your bible for what is says about hypocrisy and hypocrites.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2013
tpia@:

which deeper lifers were those?

your hacking skills told you it was deeper life typing that?

if afam4ever, sheniqua or frosbel take on various ids to type rubbish, does that validate the rubbish?

you're simply showing your criminality.

undecided cool shocked grin angry cheesy grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by tpia5: 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
frosbel:

I think the question should be, is it right to make one rule for the sheeple in Nigeria and then another one for the sheeple in the west.

Why do we have sisters put on make-up, not cover their hair and put on earrings in deeperlife churches at UK locations while enforcing a strict ISLAMIC dress code in Nigeria.

smiley

^shut up there.

you've never seen deeper life members in nigeria who do all those things you're telling lies about?

and you've never seen deeper life members overseas who are conservative?

you're irritating to the highest degree.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
frosbel:

smiley

Answer the kweshion directed at your family in the UK; Is it right for your boys to wear earrings or not? Your three fingers are pointing back at you while you are busy pointing at others. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
tpia@:

^shut up there.

you've never seen deeper life members in nigeria who do all those things you're telling lies about?

and you've never seen deeper life members overseas who are conservative?

you're irritating to the highest degree.

Shutup ? Oh dear , you are into one of your tantrums, let's talk when you are in a calmer mood.

cool

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dare2think: 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
busolayemi: I am not advocating for deeper life but u will agree with me that yes, deeper life pays a lot of attention to physical appearance but they do place more priority on spiritual things....they have man made rules but they also don't break God made rules....Why is Frosbel so bent on pointing out the in deeper life leaving out the positives....he left the church last year according to him...I also left the church last year...but that doesn't mean I should go about making everibody see why they should leave deeper life....Deeper life is a living church...its a church I can direct people to anyday...I left for personal reasons....so pleasde if you don't like deeper life...don't discourage the people that are there...God does not do general calling...he. Calls us personally...He should better be careful...lest he mislead fresh christians....some will get his points, odas will misunderstand him thereby falling out of grace

I agree.

Well, such is the way of Religion that an individual believes that God has given him/her authority to lead the 'sheep' way from Damnation.

Look at it this way, the motivation that makes deeper-life's rules to frown against certain aspects of life may very well be the same driving Frosbel.

If he feels something is amiss that may lead people away from God, he has every right to pursue that interest just the way deeperlifers and other denominations pursue their interests in giving people salvation i.e telling people to dress in a certain way.

To me, Frosbel is denomination with his own set of guidelines on how Christianity should be run just as there are other denominations with their own set of rules. Denominations always criticize other denominations,this is what I refer to as the politics of organised religion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (32) (Reply)

Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.