Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,507 members, 7,850,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95803 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
fxman62:

How wrong you are! Someone definitely dictates how you live your life. It's either God or Satan. There is no middle ground. So if I may ask, which of the two?

That is what these folks don't understand. There is no fence on this pilgrim's journey to sit upon. It's either we are for or against the Lord.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
frosbel:

Which deeperlife dressing is she recommending, is it the one in the US, UK , Jamaica or Nigeria , lol ?

I can tell you that in the UK , most of the deeperlife churches I attended have different standards to that of Nigeria.

Could this be hypocrisy ?

Away with you and your false Evangelist Margaret O. Amure.

We will stick to our bible , thank you.

smiley

You are yet to tell us whether you allowed your boys to wear earrings when they were in DL, UK, Does this not make you hypocritical?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
frosbel:

grin , don't mind the hypocrites !!!

We know who the hypocrites are? Those who hide under their index fingers, throwing stones at their father's house. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Have you soon forgotten that you and your partners are the ones pointing accusing fingers at DL and their shepherd forgetting that your remaining three fingers are pointing back at you? Are you not the ones seeing specks in DL's eyes instead of attending to the log in yours? It is also true that you cannot come to God except the Father draws you to Himself and He resists the proud in heart.

Me and my partners
The jezebels
Hell bound permissive " Christians"
These and others are words that have rolled off your lips at will all through this thread as you accuse the brethren like the devil himself

Amazing that a man who on this thread has consistently claimed to be the connoisseur of holiness and righteousness is calling me proud.
You must not know the definition of the word pride.
You do wear it as a garment,sir

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
dare2think:

I reiterate;

It's too late to delete your post. The cat is already out of the bag. shocked
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
sheniqua:

Amazing that a man who on this thread has consistently claimed to be the connoisseur of holiness and righteousness is calling me proud.
You must not know the definition of the word pride.
You do wear it as a garment,sir

He is blind to all his vices, just like the Pharisees, yet he expects people to respond to his false gospel of repent or burn, lol.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
Colin Adua: A bunch of over pampered kids!

A sister once told me that during her Deeper Life wedding that the wife of the regional overseer searched thoroughly for perming underneath their locally plaited hair, and if she had noticed one, that person would have been chased out of the wedding right there on her wedding day.

Now, somebody in the same church, after years of humiliating and openly rebuking others for far lesser offfence, has the effrontery to adorn herself with perming(are you sure, that, is not weavon/wig), makeup, earing, wedding gown, see through show shoulder dress, against the church's 38 years preaching/ standard and the wedding was allowed to hold, while the GS was present, just because of what? Probably, because she is being married to the GS (Oga on top) son. And deeper life members were there, clapping for them, beaming with smiles, inside deeper life church. You people needs to try more harder to explain to me that there is no DOULBE STANDARD.

Resignation or no resignation, apology or no apology, suspension or no suspension, discipline or no discipline, all those are meaningless medicine after death, the wedding has been permitted, the damage has been done. Why did the church allow the worldly wedding to hold in the first place? Didnt they see her make up at their traditional wedding two days before? Are the members afraid to rebuke the son of their pastor? All these shenanigans, laterly is just, far far far foul, a move to stop other members from giving their children high society wedding, after they have already given it to their kids.

Is it not outright hypocrisy, double standard and lack of integrity? Am still very shocked, disappointed and I feel betrayed. I did not attend the wedding of someone very close to me, I did not take pictures with them, neither did I eat their cake and food at the hall, in my protest that I did not support him marrying an unbeliever, neither do I support his flambouyant worldly wedding, partly because of the church then, now look at this. How will he see me now? Is it not an outright betrayal?

Pastor Kumuyi would have shown us the stuff he was made of(if he was actually made of any stuff). He was there, sat quietly, took pictures with them, probably, drank their wine (are you sure that wine wasnt alcoholic), listened to their songs(I wonder what they were singing about, in that shameless disobedience to a constituted organisation), possibly ate their cake and food. Then flown back to Nigeria and started waving resignation over our faces. He doesnt need to offer resignation, as I read from a paper, he should have submitted a resignation letter, gone home collected all the wedding pictures and videos from the naughty couple and get them burnt, if he is serious.

I find it difficult listening to his messages again, because I keep asking myself, do this man mean all these things he is saying? If not the issue with my PC, I would have gotten all of them deleted from my HDD.

What has happened to open rebuke, that the church has been preaching? What has happened to showing our faith by our works? What has happened to " a leader's sin is a leading sin" condemnation? Why didnt kumuyi call off or halt that wedding when he saw that girl like that? Why didnt he cancel it and chase those bunch of naughty kids out of the church, as has been done to so many other people in the past (as I heard, I never witnessed any), as the general overseer of the whole branches? He would have welded his cane immediately. A worthy shepherd can never see a sheep getting lost and keep quiet and after it must have gotten lost and eaten he now starts looking for it.

If he had chased them out of the church and had postponed the wedding, now I would have been celebrating him, boasting and thumping my chest. And my respect for him would have gone back to 100%. But he sat there and kept quiet, while his kids were disobeying the church, now he is crying foul and rejecting apology. Thats crying when the head is already cut off, medicine after death, an outright double standard, because no one in his right senses can believe that he did not consent to the wedding.

The high society wedding, has already been done, the pictures are probably somewhere waiting to be enlarged, framed and hanged. Few years from now, the kids will look at them and possibly grin with satisfaction and give themselves high five and thumbs up, that they looked good during their day. And other members will still be shackled down from happiness, freedom and liberty with unnecessary laws.

Had it been that this happened to another pastor like Lazarus Mouka, deeper life members would have piecesed him. They will talk and talk and talk untill their arses starts talking. Only God knows what they would have said. Now, it has happened to Deeper Life and they are defending their pastor, trying to sweep it under the carpet. Thank God for the media, it would have been cleverly underplayed.

My respect for him has gone from 70% to -20%. He should be disciplined and suspended for sitting quietly, consenting to that wedding, just like the Jamaican national overseer. If God is still interested in DL, HE will raise somebody far better than him. Nobody is indispensable. Kumuyi should get off there for some time it will help us to recover easily, retaining him as GS for now is still amounting to another double standard, an unfair treatment, since the Jamaican overseer, has been suspended. A lot of pastors in deeper life has been disciplined for an offence far lesser. PLEASE HE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LIVE BY EXAMPLE.

Deeper life should go and put the church in order, making sure that those bunch of over pampered kids, did not give birth before 9 months of their wedding. They should counsel, monitor and nurtur them so that they should not fight and divorce. Because that will finish the already dented image of the church. A woman who can shamelessly, globally and overtly disobey an old constituted organisation, she grew up in, with alacrity, without minding whose ox is gored, doesnt seem like an ideal virtuous, submisssive wife to me.

Maybe God has seen these lack of integrity, far before we do and raised a new pastor in the person of Lazarus Mouka for himself and us.

I wish, finally someone will just tell me that this is not true, that it didnt happen. I wish I can wake up and find all this a dream.

Kai, na waoh! am stranded. I never imagined nor expected this from a family we boast of and look up to.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THIS WRITEUP, IF THAT WORLDLY WEDDING DID NOT HAPPEN AFTER ALL.

Colin.

Man will always fail you but God never fails
Put your trust in God and let him alone be your standard.
Christ and Christ alone
Let him be your guide
Those who are led by The Spirit of God are the sons of God not those led by the rules and regulations fashioned by a Church.
Don't beat yourself up and hold no bitterness in your heart towards anyone.
God bless you
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DrummaBoy(m): 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
(Genesis 35:3-5)

What law was Jacob obeying when he got rid of his idols in the
aforementioned verse? and yet we see those who have the whole Bible
still getting stuck on these same idols that Jacob got rid of. That is
the bone of contention of this thread, idolatory and worldliness which
has given birth to rebellion.

Have U read the response by Coins Adua or U choose to realize that like him many deeper lifers are disenchanted with ur GS and would prefer he resigns?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
success4:

AT:dare2think,OLAADEGBU and frosbel.
It beats me reading comments from three of you. The house that divide against itself shall not...?

It depends on what you've been reading. What house did you say is divided against itself? Is it dare2think that says born again is nonsense, or frosbel that doesn't believe in the same God as majority of Christians on this board? You definitely do not know what you're talking about.

success4:

If God is a God of denomination, then three of you can be JUSTIFIED.

You are wrong with the assumption that DL is a denomination, it is not. I have nothing against any denomination as long as they believe in the Deity of Christ which the likes of frosbel doesn't subscribe to.

success4:

Can your argument on NL save a soul?

That is a question for you to answer. It is on record that at least a soul has been saved in one of my threads and this is to the glory of God. https://www.nairaland.com/1304546/michael-thomas-sambo-divine-revelation-hell/3

success4:

Can your comments on this issue bring revival to His church?
The heart of the matter is the matter in the heart!

My answer to your question is yes.

"For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?" (2 Corinthians 2:15-16).

It is remarkable how the very same testimony can have such dramatically opposite effects on its recipients. You can see how my comments can be received with great joy and understanding by some people and simultaneously, provoke furious hostility in others who are not favourably disposed to the truth. It can also generate utter indifference in others like yourself.

success4:

Please, let's desist from unfruitful argument. Remember that we
SHALL give account for WORDS that come out from us, either by
speaking or by writing.

The experience of those sisters are not at the expense of the arguments of the nay and gainsayers. When you see blasphemy being perpetuated here and you say or do nothing to stem the tide that means you are also a partaker of their evil deeds.

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
hardeyincah:

ALIVE PLZSSSSSSSSSSSS (and not ALIFE)

Thanks for the correction. We got the message in the first place because English is not our mother's tongue, unlike frosbel. tongue

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
Colin Adua: A bunch of over pampered kids!

A sister once told me that during her Deeper Life wedding that the wife of the regional overseer searched thoroughly for perming underneath their locally plaited hair, and if she had noticed one, that person would have been chased out of the wedding right there on her wedding day.

Now, somebody in the same church, after years of humiliating and openly rebuking others for far lesser offfence, has the effrontery to adorn herself with perming(are you sure, that, is not weavon/wig), makeup, earing, wedding gown, see through show shoulder dress, against the church's 38 years preaching/ standard and the wedding was allowed to hold, while the GS was present, just because of what? Probably, because she is being married to the GS (Oga on top) son. And deeper life members were there, clapping for them, beaming with smiles, inside deeper life church. You people needs to try more harder to explain to me that there is no DOULBE STANDARD.

Resignation or no resignation, apology or no apology, suspension or no suspension, discipline or no discipline, all those are meaningless medicine after death, the wedding has been permitted, the damage has been done. Why did the church allow the worldly wedding to hold in the first place? Didnt they see her make up at their traditional wedding two days before? Are the members afraid to rebuke the son of their pastor? All these shenanigans, laterly is just, far far far foul, a move to stop other members from giving their children high society wedding, after they have already given it to their kids.

Is it not outright hypocrisy, double standard and lack of integrity? Am still very shocked, disappointed and I feel betrayed. I did not attend the wedding of someone very close to me, I did not take pictures with them, neither did I eat their cake and food at the hall, in my protest that I did not support him marrying an unbeliever, neither do I support his flambouyant worldly wedding, partly because of the church then, now look at this. How will he see me now? Is it not an outright betrayal?

Pastor Kumuyi would have shown us the stuff he was made of(if he was actually made of any stuff). He was there, sat quietly, took pictures with them, probably, drank their wine (are you sure that wine wasnt alcoholic), listened to their songs(I wonder what they were singing about, in that shameless disobedience to a constituted organisation), possibly ate their cake and food. Then flown back to Nigeria and started waving resignation over our faces. He doesnt need to offer resignation, as I read from a paper, he should have submitted a resignation letter, gone home collected all the wedding pictures and videos from the naughty couple and get them burnt, if he is serious.

I find it difficult listening to his messages again, because I keep asking myself, do this man mean all these things he is saying? If not the issue with my PC, I would have gotten all of them deleted from my HDD.

What has happened to open rebuke, that the church has been preaching? What has happened to showing our faith by our works? What has happened to " a leader's sin is a leading sin" condemnation? Why didnt kumuyi call off or halt that wedding when he saw that girl like that? Why didnt he cancel it and chase those bunch of naughty kids out of the church, as has been done to so many other people in the past (as I heard, I never witnessed any), as the general overseer of the whole branches? He would have welded his cane immediately. A worthy shepherd can never see a sheep getting lost and keep quiet and after it must have gotten lost and eaten he now starts looking for it.

If he had chased them out of the church and had postponed the wedding, now I would have been celebrating him, boasting and thumping my chest. And my respect for him would have gone back to 100%. But he sat there and kept quiet, while his kids were disobeying the church, now he is crying foul and rejecting apology. Thats crying when the head is already cut off, medicine after death, an outright double standard, because no one in his right senses can believe that he did not consent to the wedding.

The high society wedding, has already been done, the pictures are probably somewhere waiting to be enlarged, framed and hanged. Few years from now, the kids will look at them and possibly grin with satisfaction and give themselves high five and thumbs up, that they looked good during their day. And other members will still be shackled down from happiness, freedom and liberty with unnecessary laws.

Had it been that this happened to another pastor like Lazarus Mouka, deeper life members would have piecesed him. They will talk and talk and talk untill their arses starts talking. Only God knows what they would have said. Now, it has happened to Deeper Life and they are defending their pastor, trying to sweep it under the carpet. Thank God for the media, it would have been cleverly underplayed.

My respect for him has gone from 70% to -20%. He should be disciplined and suspended for sitting quietly, consenting to that wedding, just like the Jamaican national overseer. If God is still interested in DL, HE will raise somebody far better than him. Nobody is indispensable. Kumuyi should get off there for some time it will help us to recover easily, retaining him as GS for now is still amounting to another double standard, an unfair treatment, since the Jamaican overseer, has been suspended. A lot of pastors in deeper life has been disciplined for an offence far lesser. PLEASE HE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LIVE BY EXAMPLE.

Deeper life should go and put the church in order, making sure that those bunch of over pampered kids, did not give birth before 9 months of their wedding. They should counsel, monitor and nurtur them so that they should not fight and divorce. Because that will finish the already dented image of the church. A woman who can shamelessly, globally and overtly disobey an old constituted organisation, she grew up in, with alacrity, without minding whose ox is gored, doesnt seem like an ideal virtuous, submisssive wife to me.

Maybe God has seen these lack of integrity, far before we do and raised a new pastor in the person of Lazarus Mouka for himself and us.

I wish, finally someone will just tell me that this is not true, that it didnt happen. I wish I can wake up and find all this a dream.

Kai, na waoh! am stranded. I never imagined nor expected this from a family we boast of and look up to.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THIS WRITEUP, IF THAT WORLDLY WEDDING DID NOT HAPPEN AFTER ALL.

Colin.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
^^^

Ola , read the above.

smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
frosbel:

no, because it is false and based on scaremongering rather than truth.

You say Evangelist Margaret's testimony is false? Ok tell us about your own testimony if it would edify the body of Christ and start by telling us which "church" to go to if you attend any at all.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
success4:

Bro: I was not trained to argue with fellow believer/believers,not even people from other side. Read and understand my stance. I was not particular
on anybody, just telling you to desist from unfruitful arguments

You may not be trained to argue but have you been trained to give a logical defense of the reason of your faith? It is my prayer to receive more grace so as not to be impatient with those who the god of this world has blinded their minds. I'll covet your prayers in this regard.

"But in your hearts set Christ apart as Lord, and always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully"
(1 Peter 3:15).
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by success4(m): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

It depends on what you've been reading. What house did you say is divided against itself? Is it dare2think that says born again is nonsense, or frosbel that doesn't believe in the same God as majority of Christians on this board? You definitely do not know what you're talking about.

You are wrong with the assumption that DL is a denomination, it is not. I have nothing against any denomination as long as they believe in the Deity of Christ which the likes of frosbel doesn't subscribe to.

That is a question for you to answer. It is on record that at least a soul has been saved in one of my threads and this is to the glory of God. https://www.nairaland.com/1304546/michael-thomas-sambo-divine-revelation-hell/3

My answer to your question is yes.

"For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?" (2 Corinthians 2:15-16).

It is remarkable how the very same testimony can have such dramatically opposite effects on its recipients. You can see how my comments can be received with great joy and understanding by some people and simultaneously, provoke furious hostility in others who are not favourably disposed to the truth. It can also generate utter indifference in others like yourself.

The experience of those sisters are not at the expense of the arguments of the nay and gainsayers[b]. When you see blasphemy being perpetuated here and you say or do nothing to stem the tide that means you are also a partaker of their evil deeds[/b].

Bro. I simply laugh at your comments! I remember a sister once told me on campus several years ago that ONLY deeper life member are
going to heaven. It was interesting that very day. I am talking of what happen about 15years ago, yet same DEVILISH spirit still reside in some people's mind till today. If DL is not denomination, then what is it? Just like I had made my stance KNOWN, I have no room to argue with anyone.

But let it be known to YOU that no one can FIGHT for GOD. Peter tried it but if you study bible very well, you will understand the position of Jesus. And that made Peter to follow from afar off. Uzzah that tried to touch the ark you know what happen to him. My brother, think deeply before you make comments.

In conclusion, If ALL your comments on NL is not INDUCED by HOLY-SPIRIT it can only lead to perdition.

Romans: 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. No man can see beyond the light that is set before him. You are too aggressive and that is NOT the NATURE of the MASTER. Think about it. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
Colin Adua:

A bunch of over pampered kids!

You certainly sound like one.

Colin Adua:

Are you basing this on facts or just hearsay?

Colin Adua:

You are basing your emotional outbursts on hearsays which are not facts. The bride didn't wear earrings and the wedding did not take place in DLBC. If you don't have the full information surrounding the whole scenario why do you want to bring yourself under a curse like Mariam did?

Colin Adua:

If you sincerely wanted answers to these questions you should have consulted your pastor instead of venting your pains with unbelievers who don't care about the state of your soul? If the fact that you have been prevented from wearing make up is the issue then you don't have to stay in the church, especially if make up is more important to you than your soul.

Colin Adua:

If your conviction is not based on the word of God you will be moved by what you see or hear. Let Christ be your rock and you shall not fall.

Colin Adua:

The bolded above tells me that you have no fact to buttress your point. Is it the newspapers that made spurious reports that she wore earrings when she did not? You need to get your facts right and not put your faith in what you will later find out to be false reports and assumptions.

Colin Adua:

The devil has got you where he needs you. You've allowed your faith that was built on the promises of God to be destroyed by all the naysayers and gainsayers. It is easier to destroy than to build and you know that the devil has only come to steal, kill and destroy and that's if you allow him.

Colin Adua:

Again you "heard" who are you hearing from? Are you hearing from the Lord?

Colin Adua:

Again, you do not know all the facts. It is wrong for you to wrongly accuse the Man of God of things you are ignorant of. Learn the lesson Mariam learnt and be wise.

Colin Adua:

If it is the high society wedding that you are after then go ahead and do it. If you think that worldliness and idolatory will make you happy go ahead and do it. Don't give the excuse that the church would not allow it.

Colin Adua:

You say that they are defending their pastor. That means that he wasn't your pastor. Why don't you just say it that you are advertising your pastor?

Colin Adua:

For your information. There have been visions of those who visited heaven and heard what the Lord Jesus Christ testified about W.F. Kumuyi and showed them his mansion. His wife who has moved on to glory was also seen in her splendour. You are still in the race and you are condemning what the Lord has not condemned. Take heed.

Colin Adua:

The Lord is building His Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. The bride in question is not married to you so you don't have to worry yourself of what becomes of her, if anything at all pray for them. Bitterness and anger will destroy you if you don't let go and let God.

Colin Adua:

At least we can see where you are coming from and where you are going. You mentioned your pastor unlike others who hide their's in secrecy.

Colin Adua:

When you wake up out of your nightmare you will then face the reality of life and see that all your assumptions are false.

Colin Adua:

Colin.

You better ask God to forgive you for blasphemy and false witnessing before its too late, He will surely forgive.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I hope Olaadegbu, Alexleo and other DL sympathizers have read what Collins Adua has written

Yes I have. How does this concern you?

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
Babalegba: .

Haba Colins, have the couple offended you before. Do remember they are human and have feelings ooo

I hope he forgives them if he wants to be forgiven.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DrummaBoy(m): 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

Ola , read the above.

smiley

Olaadegbu doesn't read stuffs like that

His is read no TRUTH hear no TRUTH
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
joiam:

Their arguments are very fruitful please. If we don't discuss, we are forced to just take anything hook, line and sinker! There is nothing wrong in discussing. Even Paul argued with people in the Bible to squeeze out the truth. It is like Bible discussion please. If you are not benefiting, I am.

In his mind he thinks it not. undecided
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
temitope23:

Some people get time sha see as the speech long pass goodluck ebele jonathan speech.

At least he's got a vent for his vituperation.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
Image123:

heading is misleading. Kumuyi is not offering to resign in the present continuous, he offered to resign. That is, when their leadership met, he offered to resign, but the decisions made was the suspension of the couple. Issue overblown out of proportion IMHO. So many folks are just interested in vengeance and in the downfall of the dl church and leader, bad belle go soon burst oh.

God bless you for being factual. You are correct by saying "bad belle" are worrying a lot of the posters here. The world would love their own.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by truthislight: 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
Is this the answer to my question ?

OLAADEGBU:

Why do you want to know, Mr. Gbefila? Are you ready to be excommunicated from your watchtower organisation?

Like father like son.

Hypocrite!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
joiam:

The same way my concern about DL is also concerning you. If I may ask, how does my concern about DL concern you. I won't call you names in my own case. Bless you!

Let me tell you what the Bible calls "gbefila/gbeborun" as you are thinking this is calling names:

"But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters" (1 Peter 4:15).
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
success4:

My brother, not ALL pharisee will miss heaven. To tell you the truth, Daniel was a Pharisee.
God bless you!

Would you care to tell us how Daniel was a Pharisee?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Let me tell you what the Bible calls "gbefila/gbeborun" as you are thinking this is calling names:

"But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters" (1 Peter 4:15).

No one is busy bodying in your organisation's matters, we are simply asking you to leave the couple alone and let them enjoy their marriage.

It is not the business of you and your leaders to harass, shame and humiliate God's children for the only crime that they decided to look nice on their wedding day , just as Isaac and Rebecca adorned themselves in the bible.

When you and your organisation stop ruining lives, practising double standards and bringing shame and ridicule to Christianity, then we will stop exposing your unfruitful works of darkness.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

Ola , read the above.

smiley

I have. Now will you answer our questions?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
success4:

Bro. I simply laugh at your comments! I remember a sister once told me on campus several years ago that ONLY deeper life member are
going to heaven. It was interesting that very day. I am talking of what happen about 15years ago, yet same DEVILISH spirit still reside in some people's mind till today.

Can now see how my scratching the surface has been able to expose the real reason for your sanctimonious remarks?

"I have given them your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world"
(John 17:14)

We would not be discouraged for preaching the gospel because the religious leaders tried to kill Jesus. Paul was also persecuted for preaching the biblical gospel because he was not of the world. This explains why the vultures think that they smell blood and are now gathered here to feast on what they think is showing signs of distress.

success4:
If DL is not denomination, then what is it? Just like I had made my stance KNOWN, I have no room to argue with anyone.

A simple google search would tell you that DL is not an denomination. But I wouldn't be surprised if you, like frosbel, wouldn't bother to find out but would gladly jump on the grapevine bandwagon giving a dog a bad name so as to hang it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deeper_Life_Bible_Church

success4:

But let it be known to YOU that no one can FIGHT for GOD. Peter tried it but if you study bible very well, you will understand the position of Jesus. And that made Peter to follow from afar off. Uzzah that tried to touch the ark you know what happen to him. My brother, think deeply before you make comments.

No one is fighting here. All 'am doing is defending the faith which is being eroded by charlatans and I haven't seen how you've made any attempt to stem the tide on this forum.

"Beloved when I gave all diligence to write to you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write to you, and exhort you that you should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered to the saints"
(Jude 1:3)

success4:

In conclusion, If ALL your comments on NL is not INDUCED by HOLY-SPIRIT it can only lead to perdition.

Romans: 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. No man can see beyond the light that is set before him. You are too aggressive and that is NOT the NATURE of the MASTER. Think about it. Stay blessed.

If you think by my saying folks are "gbeborun or gbefila" makes me aggressive let me remind your remarks to some folks before:

success4:

gbeborun is busybody cool

So, were you in the flesh when you said the above? undecided
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Babalegba(m): 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

We are still waiting for frosbel to give us an answer to the bolded question. cool
. In civilised cultures men did not use earings and it was considered effeminate for a man to do so. Men were expected to fight in battles so masculinity and bravery was needed not adornment. A man could take ten years of his visage by simply washing his face and shaving, a woman could not. The desire for women to maximise their beauty is innate and any attempt to eliminate it will only result in hypocritical living. Somebody once mentioned preponderance of glasses among deeperlife females, glasses could lend a bit of sophistication to the face and thankfully it was not yet invented when the apostles were alive so they could not ban it. By the way you have thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
Babalegba: .

In civilised cultures men did not use earings and it was considered effeminate for a man to do so. Men were expected to fight in battles so masculinity and bravery was needed not adornment. A man could take ten years of his visage by simply washing his face and shaving, a woman could not. The desire for women to maximise their beauty is innate and any attempt to eliminate it will only result in hypocritical living. Somebody once mentioned preponderance of glasses among deeperlife females, glasses could lend a bit of sophistication to the face and thankfully it was not yet invented when the apostles were alive so they could not ban it. By the way you have thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

In ancient cultures they did. What stops frosbel and his boys from wearing earrings now?

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DrummaBoy(m): 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
Olaadegbu: You certainly sound like one.

So how does an eye for an eye tactics which you are using against a legiimate critism solve the problem. Atleast he is your fellow brother in DL. If you will not hear us atleast hear him. Do you realize that God can use anyone to speak truth, including this one you are disparaging?

Are you basing this on facts or just hearsay?

Now see who is talking. How much of facts are in the fairy tales of hell you publish on this forum? Are they based on facts or hearsay? When you answer the question, then maybe he will also.

You are basing your emotional outbursts on hearsays which are not facts.

So without waiting for an answer, you decide for him: hearsay. Now is that not presumption?

The bride didn't wear earrings and the wedding did not take place in DLBC. If you don't have the full information surrounding the whole scenario why do you want to bring yourself under a curse like Mariam did?

Apparently you are the one that does not have the full information. The story is all over the media. How come it is only DLers that have a different version.
And then the hall mark of false prophets: binding up in fear. Do you have to resort to curses for you to make your point? The one that Christ has died is redeemed from curses, including the ones people like you use to bind up your devotees in a zoo of fear. SMH!

If you sincerely wanted answers to these questions you should have consulted your pastor instead of venting your pains with unbelievers who don't care about the state of your soul? If the fact that you have been prevented from wearing make up is the issue then you don't have to stay in the church, especially if make up is more important to you than your soul.

So it is also in your rules to resort to Pastors to air contrary views? Who was that that suggest your church was a cult again... I would get the name asap

If your conviction is not based on the word of God you will be moved by what you see or hear. Let Christ be your rock and you shall not fall.

These are the tantrums of a man who has lost all legitimacy. How much of God's word to your resort to when you bind up your members in a zoo. For your information many are finding their freedom, starting with John and Love Kumuyi, until you binded them back again in the name of suspension.

The bolded above tells me that you have no fact to buttress your point. Is it the newspapers that made spurious reports that she wore earrings when she did not? You need to get your facts right and not put your faith in what you will later find out to be false reports and assumptions.

If she didnt wear ear-rings and all that you claim she did not wear, why is the church punishing the couple?

The devil has got you where he needs you. You've allowed your faith that was built on the promises of God to be destroyed by all the naysayers and gainsayers. It is easier to destroy than to build and you know that the devil has only come to steal, kill and destroy and that's if you allow him.

The famous lines of zoo keepers. It is for freedom that Christ came. He that the Son hath set free, he is free indeed!

Again you "heard" who are you hearing from? Are you hearing from the Lord?

I agree with you Ola for once. He should hear from the Lord. How much of those hellish visions did you hear for yourself?

Again, you do not know all the facts. It is wrong for you to wrongly accuse the Man of God of things you are ignorant of. Learn the lesson Mariam learnt and be wise.

Do you have any other line of reasoning than Mariam? Peter was the one Jesus named the Rock, but he got a resounding rebuke from Paul when he erred. Where was the curse of leprosy on this apostle? Mr wake up from your slumber. THIS IS NEW TESTAMENT. The ones Jesus died for are blessed beyond the curse. And we do not have Moses and Aaron anymore, WE ARE ALL BRETHEREN!

If it is the high society wedding that you are after then go ahead and do it. If you think that worldliness and idolatory will make you happy go ahead and do it. Don't give the excuse that the church would not allow it.
]

In other words, it is ok to drive limousines, etc, but it is worldly to wear make up and earrings - the gospel according to Olaadegbu

You say that they are defending their pastor. That means that he wasn't your pastor. Why don't you just say it that you are advertising your pastor?

Whether he names his pastor or not, that is not the point. He is a DLer and he is telling you the truth you boast often of defending but it hard for you to swallow it.

For your information. There have been visions of those who visited heaven and heard what the Lord Jesus Christ testified about W.F. Kumuyi and showed them his mansion. His wife who has moved on to glory was also seen in her splendour. You are still in the race and you are condemning what the Lord has not condemned. Take heed.

Now behold the foundation of Ola's testimony. Well with the hypocrisy that is playing out in the church is Pastor Kumuyi not in danger of loosing that mansion. SMH!!

The Lord is building His Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. The bride in question is not married to you so you don't have to worry yourself of what becomes of her, if anything at all pray for them. Bitterness and anger will destroy you if you don't let go and let God.

You are the one that seem to be weighed down with bitterness and anger here because someone like you dares to challenge the status quo

At least we can see where you are coming from and where you are going. You mentioned your pastor unlike others who hide their's in secrecy.

*yawns...*

When you wake up out of your nightmare you will then face the reality of life and see that all your assumptions are false.

Olaadegbu you are the one to wake up from false hood.

You better ask God to forgive you for blasphemy and false witnessing before its too late, He will surely forgive.

Is there any thing else that you can say? Is this not obvious that the greatest fear of neo juddaizers is that someone challenges them.

I challenge you Olaadegbu to debate on Christian outward adornment basing all discuss on the bible. If you agree, I would open up a thread for it.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by success4(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Can now see how my scratching the surface has been able to expose the real reason for your sanctimonious remarks?

(John 17:14)

We would not be discouraged for preaching the gospel because the religious leaders tried to kill Jesus. Paul was also persecuted for preaching the biblical gospel because he was not of the world. This explains why the vultures think that they smell blood and are now gathered here to feast on what they think is showing signs of distress.

A simple google search would tell you that DL is not an denomination. But I wouldn't be surprised if you, like frosbel, wouldn't bother to find out but would gladly jump on the grapevine bandwagon giving a dog a bad name so as to hang it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deeper_Life_Bible_Church

No one is fighting here. All 'am doing is defending the faith which is being eroded by charlatans and I haven't seen how you've made any attempt to stem the tide on this forum.

(Jude 1:3)

If you think by my saying folks are "gbeborun or gbefila" makes me aggressive let me remind your remarks to some folks before:

So, were you in the flesh when you said the above? undecided

People like YOU will never learn but will continue to argue BLINDLY. If Wikipedia is your source of information, I laugh.
Look yourself in a mirror and see if you are NOT aggressive. You know in your heart. You pick people out of context and argue
blindly. No matter what YOU say, henceforth, IGNORE BUTTON IS ACTIVATED for people like you.

He that is born of flesh is FLESH. No two ways about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (32) (Reply)

Priest Patrick Asomugha Leaves German Church After Receiving Death Threat / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.