Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,030 members, 7,814,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - (47628 Views)

Sunday Oliseh At Bayern Munich Stadium ( Allianz Arena) / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by true2god: 6:21am On Jul 10, 2013
Myself2: @ posters

Could you guys post in English for the love of God angry angry angry
It's difficult and a tard irritating trying to decipher all those informal short hand posts of yours
Dis place nobe Poundsland but Nairaland. U can go 2 anoda foreign site with ur queen english. Abegi comot for road jooor, na only u go school or sabi yarn english?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by nodullin(m): 6:24am On Jul 10, 2013
collynzo2: Oliseh is so bitter! When you read his comments you'd think we had some players dominating the UEFA champions league last season that Keshi left out. What's all this talk about home based players? Those who disappointed us at the confed cup were foreign based. Gambo made his debut in the last few minutes of a match we had already lost, you can't blame hom for anything.
Ideye
Ujah
Babatunde
Akpala
Musa (to an extent)
all disappointed and are foreign based.

I must confess u ve put forth a solid argument for Stephen Keshi. (On-point)

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 6:24am On Jul 10, 2013
entadaplace: .

Mikel never had a problem playing for Nigeria, Nigerians caused the so called problem, Siasia strict coaching methods also drove players away! Imagine a German division 2 player as Nigeria's top Striker Against spain, How in this world can we score, even if we have 100 percent of possession! Is that the best we've got. Osaze and his twitter rants, That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Balotelli was worse, but he was supported by Prandelli and the whole scored! The Uche brothers, anichebe, the list is endless! Keshi Needs to grow up. Oliseh made a Big point. Look at the way Mikel played againt Uruguay and Spain.

So all the foreign based playerz wud haff played like Mikel....smh!

Let me assume u didnt know....bur wat else did u expect Keshi to do wen...
Moses-injured
ike uche-off form
kalu uche-injured
joel obi-injured
onazi-injured
emenike-injured
oduamadi-injured(during confed)
anichebe- opted out
martins- off form(club n country),
osaze- problem child(with keshi AND his club)
So which foreign based
player who was in good form should have been called?

Nsorfor....Yobo?....Yakubu....Obasi??....Haruna?.....Ameobi??.....Please tell me.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by oloba(m): 6:33am On Jul 10, 2013
If he can accept our support and praise, he should accept our constructive critics in the interest of the country.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 6:38am On Jul 10, 2013
oloba: If he can accept our support and praise, he should accept our constructive critics in the interest of the country.

Oliseh jst use English scatter una brain....dat line catch una sha!

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Digriz(m): 6:43am On Jul 10, 2013
Keshi is more interested in marketing the home based players,business as usual. He knew that he wont get anytin frm d already made players in europe. I dnt think he wl do well in d world cup wt this angryattitude.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Articul8(m): 6:54am On Jul 10, 2013
edoyad: Sunday(kpomo lips) Oliseh, please be quiet already. Keshi has contributed more to Nigerian football than you could ever do even if you lived to be two hundred years old. I didn't like your personality much as a player and many Nigerians feel that way too.

Who ar u too decide for us? I dnt feel dt way sir
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by bigwallace(m): 7:00am On Jul 10, 2013
@ d confed cup we lacked gud back up players,our 1st 11 is dis enyeama,efe,omeruo,obobona,echejile,onazi,mikel,mba,emenike,ideye,moses and musa to add nd den we av oduamadi,afta all disones no 1 else nd a gud team should av a verygud substitut bench wich we re lacking because of keshi so called experimenting in a fifa organised tournament,am nt sayin keshi is nt a good coach but he shud pick d right playas for us not d ones dt play only 2min for dier clubs eg akpala nd micheal
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by omajali2003(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2013
For Nigeria to win the World Cup, Keshi must invite those homebased strikers that scored 146 goals in two matches grin

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by LeSulk(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2013
Oliseh should calm down if. I'm not mistaken I remember him vying for the Super Eagles job the same time as Keshi.Nigeria would have remained in the wilderness if it had continued the foreign based mentality .Like others have pointed out ,our culprits were actually foreign based players

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emmasege: 7:13am On Jul 10, 2013
I would have agreed with you Sunday but for the fact that u never appreciates Mikel's role in the Nigeria's squad. U always sing praises of Moses and even attributed Emenike's free kick goal against the elephants to Moses, when it was Mikel who kicked the ball b4 Emenike fired the shot. I would have expected u to use the supersports medium to sell Mikel the more like u did for Moses at AFCON. One would have expected u to use that medium to even justify Mikel's candidacy for CAF award. Seems that guy is too successful for u to talk about or are u being intimidated by his laurels and Keshi's records. And to say that Mba did not perform at the CONFED because Moses was not there was a fallacy. How else would he have performed?, were the chances not created enough?. Oliseh, o ri yen so rara!

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by phaieet(f): 7:13am On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=edoyad]Sunday(kpomo lips) Oliseh, please be quiet already. Keshi has contributed more to Nigerian football than you could ever do even if you lived to be two hundred years old. I didn't like your personality much as a player and many Nigerians feel that way too.[/iquote]I wudnt say dat
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by fiscalcliff: 7:15am On Jul 10, 2013
oloba: If he can accept our support and praise, he should accept our constructive critics in the interest of the country.
So on point
Even Brazil's coach Luis Scolari, had Carlos Alberto Pierrera (1994 winning coach) as the Selacao`s Technical adviser on the bench during the Confer Cup
A Brazil who have not been impressive in friendly matches suddenly improved when the Confer kicked off
Why is Keshi so bitter at Oliseh's objecting to his direct injecting home grown players from an almost comatose NPL into a global stage like the Confed Cup
On a last note,if Uruguay could find a way to harness Suarez's talent inspire of his ego and crazy antics,why can`t Keshi do same for Ozaze undecided
Keshi should stop his holy pass posturing on indiscipline
We still remember who the chieftains of the Super Eagle's mafia were
Keshi let the sleeping dogs lie

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by iamdsam: 7:19am On Jul 10, 2013
I don't have much to comment about this but I think Keshi should consider his advise. There's alot to gain from it
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Desric(m): 7:24am On Jul 10, 2013
I support Oliseh full time, and like he rightly said, " with such crop of players(home based) we can only play well but we can't win matches. Which is evident in the way we played against Tahiti, Spain, and Uruguay, like 7up will usually say "the difference is clear") Its all about simple tactics and Technicality combined with experience. Barcelona do play all the football and still lose to very sound Technically Disciplined team.
Keshi is doing fine no doubt but he should also learn to heed to advice and learn from constructive criticisms instead of making an issue out of every single thing that one says or turning it into a quarrel, even if one wants your job and raises salient points on where you are not doing too well, courtesy demands that you pick the facts raised and still focus on your job, that will make you a even more better manager and person, let you talk be in your match results like you did in the AFCON of which you saw the benefits of surprises because that's the way to be a successful leader. He can't be making enemies everywhere and still expect to succeed. For me, I think Oliseh is way more matured compare to all the persons that I ve seen clash with Keshi in this recent past.
All the points he raised are all true no lies at all there, you can't compare our league of 90's and today in terms of the quality and standard both in officiating and raising of stars they are way two different things lacking in comparison. We should all learn to be patient and learn from every given opportunity as no man is an island of Knowledge.
May God help us.

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by bidemi2014: 7:24am On Jul 10, 2013
Are you tired of sitting at home waiting for the next jamb date! This is your chance of starting class by september 2013 into a prestigious university in North cyprus.
Its. Cheap and Easy admission with 50% scholarship guaranteed.
Interested people should send me their send me their (waec, neco), with their International passport data page and passport size photograph to (bidemi2014@yahoo.com). Processing fee is only N5,000 paid when submitting your documents and visa is 100% sure when tuition fees is paid
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by ow11(m): 7:27am On Jul 10, 2013
Oliseh should shut the hell up!

He was a nobody when he made his debut! Thompson Oliha and Mutiu Adepoju were ahead of him and he had just secured a move to Belgium at the time so was actually invited for his prowess at Onikan stadium. If Nigerian league was so powerful in the 90s, Oliseh should also show us the Sekou Toure and Mandela cups he or any Nigerian side won!

Keshi only handed debuts to Ujah (foreign based) and Gambo (one substitute appearance: you all saw his goal and game play against CIV and therefore can imagine what he did in training)

I want Kesi to resign let us play with this Osaze who has been scoring all of 9 goals on our way to winning the 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2012 AFCON tourneys to come and fire us to glory in Brazil.

If AFCON was easy to win with world class strikers, I do not think Drogba, Arouna Kone, Kalou, Wilfried Bony and Kader Keita would be staring at their silver medals right now! and yes they all failed to get out of their group at two consecutive world cups!

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by penny01502: 7:27am On Jul 10, 2013
ayusco: Hmmm I have gone through both keshi n oliseh post being proud men full of ego so its no suprise they would clash that said I'm mostly with keshi on this.
Oliseh said during the 90s the league was on fire which is not true as the pitches, administration, level of play etc was just as poor if not worse than the current situation.
He also said keshi has not had a steady first xi since the AFCON again not true barring two or three players missing due to injury this has been the same set of players who played through the afcon, WC Qualifiers to the confed cup. And pray tell who r d major players that keshi did not take that would have improved our performance in Brazil? Is it calamity yobo or osaze n his twitter rants?
Then he said clubs not NT make players abeg who was onazi b4 the afcon dude wasn't even a first team player now he's an absolute beast of a player. Mikel that was lethargic at best now bossing midfield against world class opponents n more like that.
Plus the way all of them r shouting home based home based you wouldn't know he also called unknown players from abroad omeruo, ogu, onazi, dike etc
Lastly all this hue n cry about our confed performance is over the top cmon this is the confed we are talking about a glorified friendly tournament. I rather we make our mistakes learn from it then come smoking hot for the 2014 WC Cameroon got to the final of the confed cup some years back does anyone remember? Exactly my point Brazil tht has won the last three confeds failed at the last two WC which cup do u think Brazilian fans would have preferred? Keshi has his failings but he hhas never fielded a player just to massage his ego any player he picks he believes can do a job for the team this approach won us the afcon after years of drought with the same players some people r clamouring to come back. By the way no be oliseh lose ball wey 10 man Italy use score against us in usa 94? Its very easy to criticise to look good
you just suffer yourself typing meaning less comment, am sure that your shapeless mounth gonna change when super eagle crash out on group stage on the upcoming world cup. I know your type
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 10, 2013
MekT:

B4 Keshi was given the job...wer the SuperEagles in good form....NO!!!!!!! They wer in shamblez....he was brot in to rebuild the team...let him do jst dat...coz u will still b dat same person dat will make NONSENSE NOISE if Nigeria qualifies for the world cup n end up playing JARGONS.
if and only if we qualify 4 d world cup, siasia also used dis rebuilding talk dishing out caps unnecassarily to players like emmanuel ekpo and dropping key players until we failed 2 qualify for afcon
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by lainex(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2013
Oliseh u r on point keshi na mumu coz to build a team u ve to mix home base wit our foreign players. Even I dnt blame osaze's rudeness coz keshi started da big boss stuff in da eagles na nemiess. Dis useless team way keshi dey build wud cost us dearly .
Coz nw dem dey tell am him dey behave lyk stubborn goat well sha na him nature
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by hunri(m): 7:38am On Jul 10, 2013
Oliseh is educated!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by fubbyy(m): 7:47am On Jul 10, 2013
Moshkom: Wat Oliseh jst said now s fact.. To me thr s no diff btw d Super Eagles nd d Tahitians #Tahiti because we both av only one foreign player in d tournament whic ours s MIKEL odas ar jst thr cos dey need to complete d team.
nigerians with their level of reasoning,others are there to complete the team yet we won the nation's cup, and when we did there was nothing wrong with the team and now the team is of no good, what if we won this confed cup with this team would any of you notice this faults?

Since this confed tournament ended I was disappointed @ nigerians for their steady ranting especially on twitter,let me ask, what did they expect? Nigeria to win spain ? Very ridiculous, infact this tournament went as I predicted it, nig win tahiti, uruguay slightly win nig and spain beat us well, that's my prediction

Because we won the afcon now everyone expected us to win all the world champions, nigerians get low mentality I tell you, I know say dem go dey expect keshi to win the world cup too

African champion was beating by the world champion by 3 goals to nil and we are ranting, now the world champion got beaten by other by 3 goals to nil,so what are they gonna do

In addition, oliseh is a liar by saying he doesn't want the super eagle coaching job, that's funny, all of the hovering around that corridors of NFF wants them job,they are all praying for keshi's sack letter

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by SuperDan1: 7:51am On Jul 10, 2013
Oliseh might have a point, but i personally do not fancy people criticising others openly. He knows Keshi very well and if he has any input then he should be able to talk to Keshi personally and not going public, my take is that he only wants the whole world to know that he can do Keshi's job more than him. If Keshi did not win the AFCON he would have been the first to blame Keshi for fielding the likes of Oboabona and sunday Mba against the likes of Drogba and Yaya Toure.

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 10, 2013
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by onitj: 7:56am On Jul 10, 2013
Yerimzo: If he can accept our support and praise, he
should accept our constructive criticism in the
interest of the country............Simply put!
naso o, afterall it's a constructive criticism
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 10, 2013
MekT:

Issit not the plan B he is trying to get naw....that u criticz wee not let him rest...The Super Eagles had no plan at all b4 Keshi..wat had the Super Eagles won b4 Keshi came into the scene...Nicca is cracking his brain wer-eva he is to make sure he doesnt flop...U guyz are der ranting...y didnt u apply for the coaching job...U guyz want resultz...bur donot want to pay the price to get the result...abi did dey tell u Brazil won the South American Nationz cup...NO!!!!....dey wer building a team...n naw that team has won the Confed cup...give Keshi till the World Cup is ova....den y'all can make noize if he doesnt get to the quarter/semi final
we hav not qualified 4 d WC, Oliseh made a very good point and one ewu even went as far as saying he was d one dat caused italy's goal in 94 WC. We find it hard keepin cleansheet against teams like tahiti, kenya and namibia and u expect us as nigerians to worry. U knw dat akpala and some players didnt deserve to go to CC
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MrNiceGuy5: 8:03am On Jul 10, 2013
Sorry. I don't know how to get this to the front page but it is real. Moderator help get it to the front page because i just lost huge sum amount of money.

PLS: Beware of this new fraud . Don't Accept any request from either a white man, Lady or black . They will come up with a story that they have some laptops ,phones ,camera to sell in Africa because Africa sell well but they need a sales representative that will assist them to sell all the gadgets in African. They will even be speaking in either Chinese or other languages .

If you accept this offer then they will ask you for your address,phone number ,email address and they will later call you with a foreign number that the goods have been shipped that you should check your mail for the document and tracking number and also the agent that is handling it.

Once you make any attempt of calling the agent then they will tell you that the package is with them but the person that shipped the goods did not make any payment that you will be the one to do the payment. At this stage you need to shine your eyes because once you make the first payment then you have give in for them

You will continue to pay that money until your eyes is opened.

Please paste this on your wall and other network in other not to fall for this latest scam.

The story didn't end well with someone ........
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by fujirice: 8:04am On Jul 10, 2013
OcT29: Infact!!You are a Professional talker!
There! Fixed!
Thank me later *winx*
hihihihhihihi
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by hassey(m): 8:07am On Jul 10, 2013
olu070706: This was not all about Oliseh alone on Supersport, all the panel members said this, why did Keshi pick on Oliseh, maybe because he is a Nigerian. However, I agree with Oliseh that Keshi should welcome criticism, even the special one is criticised. All other teams in Confederation cup came with their best team but Nigeria went to test new players, this should not be. Keshi is still okay sha.
we need to show sum respect and likes to dos home base, cus even d matches dey lost dey proove dem self. With d crop of professional players spain paraded, d players dat av bin togeda for close to ten years now yet dey were bitten 3-0 hands down by brazi. Am sure u knw d likes of japan, mexico lost as well even wit dere best legs. We cant b winning all our matches. Am sure wit tym ds boiz will blend togeda as a team

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by bidis: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2013
apart frm eminike moses and mikel which other gud players we hav again make him invite osaze to come scatter d team i dey ask una

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by rash47(m): 8:17am On Jul 10, 2013
Keshi got a plan he should be left alone to excute it, team building comes with a lot of touches,there's a phsychological angle,bondship and understanding to it. Oliseh,mr theoretical fifa expert just whinnes like onigbinde without any imput before keshi's selection

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by undisputednesta(m): 8:17am On Jul 10, 2013
edoyad: Sunday(kpomo lips) Oliseh, please be quiet already. Keshi has contributed more to Nigerian football than you could ever do even if you lived to be two hundred years old. I didn't like your personality much as a player and many Nigerians feel that way too.
u b akamu.in short u dull no b small. If u dnt like him as playa, dat does not mean all 9gerians feels d same. So agbaya, spik 4 ursef or e beta mak u park well. All he's sayin is keshi tho a great coach shld welcom contructive criticism wich is a view 4rm analysts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo, Okocha & President Vladimir Putin Pose With Football Legends / Neymar Among Five Players Sent Off After Mass Brawl Following Psg's Defeat / Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.