Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (64622 Views)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by khazeem(m): 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: They are miles aprt 4rm each oda wen it cums to hardcore specs.
Tecno is just giving Sammy headace in price aspect.
Tell me, wuld u get dis Tecno ova Sammy if they were sold @ the same price?
But thanks to tecno,,, dey are not same price....

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by sixteen08(m): 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
Bandit C.:
Even chinese people do not go for their own home made phones and tabs. They rather sell their kidneys to buy apple products and korean mobile device.

Are you sure?

Bandit C.:

Should that tell us something regarding what they know about the quality of their own products? But here they are being praised up and down by Nigerians.

I hope you know that the era of chinese products being utterly associated with substandard products is fast phasing out?

Bandit C.:

Making cheap android phones for a competitive market is good but trying to compare any nonsense they release with premium brands like HTC, Sam-sung and Apple is just tomfoolery.

Why should there be no comparison?

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ray502(m): 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
akwunmi: I REALy tnk d poster 4 dis!!!
Evn wen TECHNO is trying hard to librat dem 4rm sam high fone prizes slavry,som stil de blind to c dat FACT.wetin concern normal fone user wit gorilla glass? Snapdragon chip? Ur sammy wit gorilla glass no go spoil again?..truly no kno d makers of f7 gpu or cpu chip bu wu CAREs!!wen it delivers wot ur so called snapdragon chipest do...f7 runs app smoothly n plays heavy hd games well..wot more can I ask 4? PRODUCTIVITY N DURABILITY Is Wot we wnt n techno has dat..som mumu go con de tlk make de no compar dem? Y de no go compar fone of 36k wit beta spec to a fone of 53k wit lesser spec It shows how sammy is just using name 2rub us but techno don open our eyes now...na u b baba 4 here now ooo...ALL HAIL TECHNO!!!!!
I was faced with d choice of buying a f7 or galaxy grand duos...people say d sammy galaxy grand has poor resolution but I settled for it and hav no regret.I m in love with the fone n it i s far better than the f7 for so many reasons. the resolution is not as bad as people say.better battery performance than d f7.access to Samsung apps unlike f7 dat depends solely on Google play store.multi window
capabilities and much more.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ABAKA72(m): 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
Am really enjoying this thread. Two years ago who could have imagined such debate.
People used to be ashemed to expose their Tecno phones, but not anymore. Tecno has improved so much that their users can now proudly and boldly show of their phones. And one good thing about these new Tecno phones is the value one get at such rediclous price, I handled me kid sister's n7 last week and was astonished.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
ray502: I was faced with d choice of buying a f7 or galaxy grand duos...people say d sammy galaxy grand has poor resolution but I settled for it and hav no regret.I m in love with the fone n it i s far better than the f7 for so many reasons. the resolution is not as bad as people say.better battery performance than d f7.access to Samsung apps unlike f7 dat depends solely on Google play store.multi window
capabilities and much more.
hws d gaming performance?

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
OMG...GOD's NIGHT GOWN !!!!!! , 4 Pete's sake are these grown men or three year old toddlers fighting over who has the best birthday present... I wonder how on God's green heart this could get worse..all my life 've never seen such a startling display of stupidity..it's soaring..this array of foolishness is astounding n at it's Zenith , u were asked to give ur views n not hurl insults at eachother n brag about ur cheap scrabs..who gives a flying Bleep how much ur phone costs...anywAys up Tecnocrats Bite my bottom....mmssstttccchhheew...ayam dissapointed in the whole lot of u.... goes bark too seeping my monyo wit straw

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ray502(m): 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
physise: hws d gaming performance?
the gaming performance is satisfactory.I ve played fairly heavy games like front line commando (D day), contract killer etc and it doesn't hang! it charges faster than d f7 which takes forever to get fully charged and discharges slower too.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ray502(m): 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
that is not to say dat d tecno fones are not good.but quality wise and d aspect of 2nd hand value (of course u cant use a fone forever) the Samsung brands are far better.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by jadepinkett(f): 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
ciphoenix: If this is a professional review, it's far from impressive. Too obscure. If you're wondering I'm not on any side yet.
professional review? Nah, i guess nt, the writer is clearly favoring the tecno pad.
As for me, its samsung all d way...
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ichidodo: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
Tecno all the way.........

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
sixteen08:

Are you sure?

I hope you know that the era of chinese products being utterly associated with substandard products is fast phasing out?

Why should there be no comparison?

Tell me one high quality product designed and made by the Chinese that thrive on a competitive market anywhere in the world?

I am not talking about stolen blueprints or product designs conceived elsewhere but cloned by the Chinese.

Just give me one.

Chinese products cannot be used in the same line with quality.

Their economic boom is a smoke screen powered by substandard products and cheap labour that borders on slavery.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ezehisaac(m): 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
Bandit C.:
Even chinese people do not go for their own home made phones and tabs. They rather sell their kidneys to buy apple products and korean mobile device.

Should that tell us something regarding what they know about the quality of their own products? But here they are being praised up and down by Nigerians.

Making cheap android phones for a competitive market is good but trying to compare any nonsense they release with premium brands like HTC, Sam-sung and Apple is just tomfoolery.

shocked are you for real?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2013
ray502: the gaming performance is satisfactory.I ve played fairly heavy games like front line commando (D day), contract killer etc and it doesn't hang! it charges faster than d f7 which takes forever to get fully charged and discharges slower too.
alrite tanx
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Phrankin(m): 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
Dovahkiin: smh ITT(In This Thread), broke niggas who cant afford a high end samsung/iphone/htc trying hard to justify it
dumb aass niggas that just can't live with the fact that they've spent their hard earned money for nothing buying samsung phones.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by jelel6: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
Bandit C.:

Tell me one high quality product designed and made by the Chinese that thrive on a competitive market anywhere in the world?

I am not talking about stolen blueprints or product designs conceived elsewhere but cloned by the Chinese.

Just give me one.

Chinese products cannot be used in the same line with quality.

Their economic boom is a smoke screen powered by substandard products and cheap labour that borders on slavery.

IBM LENOVO COMPUTERS.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by jelel6: 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
guys, I think u guys are expecting too much from Techno. I mean,they are newbies give them some respite.
Now lets look at it objectively, so many of y all have some very good points u made. Some1 ask a that if the 2 phones sell 4 d same price which would u choose. Well i go 4 samsung
BUT I ASK EVERY SOUL THIS MASTER QUESTION, THE ACID TEST.
IF techo were to produce a phone which cost 50k at this present time would u still go 4 the samsung 7.0
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2013
jelel6:

IBM LENOVO COMPUTERS.

IBM is American.

LENOVO, I'll give you that but their devices are ranked as low tier and function as last resort for low budget buyers, just like Tecno.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by richt75: 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
this is like comparing united states from united kingdom. who is the world power or has the greatest defence system.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Oxygenmayo(m): 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
What are you waiting for? I think the Phantom is the winner here ooo...Samsung has got more names but Tecno has gotten the pocket friendly price which is affordable by Nigeria...I'll consider changing my mind to the Tecno tab..

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by sarutobie(m): 8:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
Why tecno users dey drink panadol for samsung users eh kwa? Na by force? someone likes samsung specs,and has the money to buy it and you lots are saying he is cheated? Heheheheh there is something naïve about some nigerians mentality that I find funny(sometimes)...lemme ask,if you earmark say..40grand for an android OS phone and you are presented with a tecno and samsung of (almost) identical specs at 40grand which will you buy? Unu kwuo eziokwu ka ihere mee ekwensu jor lol..
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 9:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
Bandit C.:

That's a lie. The Chinese buy their own home grown phones. Go and check how many million Chinese Android phones are activated per year and stop saying what you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by patrkq(m): 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
Bandit C.:

IBM is American.

LENOVO, I'll give you that but their devices are ranked as low tier and function as last resort for low budget buyers, just like Tecno.
nope! Lenovo is one of the leading developers of high end gaming laptops.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by viazi: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
All these comparisms are baseless, there are people that believes that quality is only associated with HIGH PRICE, while some of us believes in getting the basic things of life at minimum cost. I PRAY FOR TECNO EVERYDAY FOR REMOVING THE GAP BTW "MONEY MISS ROAD" PEOPLE AND US THAT ARE CARFUL WITH OUR HARD EARNED MONEY. I AM ROCKING F7 RIGHT NOW AND WILL ADD N9 ANY MOMENT. BOTH DEVICES WILL ADD UP TO 70K, VERY REASONABLE. THOSE THAT ARE USING 80-90K TO BUY ONE SAMSUNG DEVICE SHOULD PLS CALCULATE THE BAGS OF CEMENT THE SAME AMOUNT WILL BUY.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
ciphoenix: considering it's a 2013 tablet, it's not so impressive. Android tablets has never been samsung's strength, else they would've produced a worthy competitor for the ipad. That tab 2 is old though
tab 2 is old a tab that was realease last year old? ok tell the new tab
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by biomedixexcel(m): 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
Some of us don't really do our secondary school economics well.....or we don't av good teacher....Economics can answer all these comparison well
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 9:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
biomedixexcel: Some of us don't really do our secondary school economics well.....or we don't av good teacher....Economics can answer all these comparison well
price n wants r d only diff dat seperate dem
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 9:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
Evil Brain: The Tecno is definitely better. I have both a Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 and an Asus Nexus 7 and I got to play with the Tecno N9 for a while yesterday.

The build quality seem decent enough, though it doesn't have gorilla glass and the it's not as solid as the galaxy tab (though neither is the nexus). The screen is better than Samsung's though its not quite up to the nexus 7's quality. The aspect ratio is a little funny (similar to the iPads) but it has a slightly higher resolution than the galaxy. It also runs stock android 4.2.1 and it's very smooth and responsive. I don't know what chipset and GPU it's using, but its much faster than the galaxy. Samsung has already announced that the galaxy tab 2 won't be updated past 4.1, and they've apparently forgotten to push the last update to Africa 6 months after people in Europe got it. I can't vouch for the tecnos battery life though the Samsung's is mediocre.

The only advantage the Samsung has over the Tecno is the more sturdy build quality and the brand name. In all other ways, the Tecno is better. And its low price makes it a total whitewash.

The only fair comparison is between the Tecno and the Nexus 7. Both have quad core processors, both run stock jelly bean, and both are cheap. OTOH, both have questionable to rubbish build quality (every single Nexus 7 I've ever seen has a broken screen, including mine). The nexus probably edges it because of its higher resolution screen and it's guaranteed future updates, but if the Tecno can last more than 3 weeks without breaking, then it'll be a very close race.

I'm aactually thinking of selling my galaxy tab and getting a Tecno, just for the jelly bean alone.
Now this is someone who view things from a neutral ground , thanks bro for ur fair analysis

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by chugzy(m): 9:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
Leopantro:

you are speaking Mandarin to them. since they don't care about chipset but love what the phone can do but don't realise that it's the chipset that determines the capabilities of the phone, you will be wasting your time. telling them that samsung has a new tablet with an i5 processor will be too high for them.

bros Brainrex, i commend you for your works in rom tweaking. kudos to you.but handle an S4 and you will know that some androids are more equal that others.
don't argue, just handle it.you can thank me later
does tecno n9 accept all andriod apps on google play? Not by less prise, chinko nd chinasa is one lyk chinelo
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: Irrelevant debate.
Comapring a 2013 device with a 2011 device??
Yet there's a lil bit of gap between 'em!!!
Wht shall we say then, wen Sammy releases the upcoming Tab 3?
like seriously you saying tab 2 is 2011 bro re google that and u will see it was last year, and oh about tab 3 lets wait till then
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
30card:
like seriously you saying tab 2 is 2011 bro re google that and u will see it was last year, and oh about tab 3 lets wait till then
2012 i got it..... But this debate shuld cum to a final conclusion.....
2013 models shuld be pitched head to head........
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 10:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
jadepinkett:
professional review? Nah, i guess nt, the writer is clearly favoring the tecno pad.
As for me, its samsung all d way...
the writer favours tecno huh ? was it not same antutu benchmark you guys clamour for when phone are compared that is been shown up there ? you all know the truth and yet wants to turn a blind eye and someone wants to hold to the fact that the n9 was just realeased yesterday so we can compare it to the tab2 release a uear ago , why then do run run comparism between the iphone5 and samsung s4 released this year ?

3 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 10:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: 2012 i got it..... But this debate shuld cum to a final conclusion.....
2013 models shuld be pitched head to head........
like which one na ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.