Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (64702 Views)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by justojai: 2:23am On Aug 05, 2013
This is like going to a builder to erect 2 exact structures in 2 different locations like AJ and Lekki, we all will understand this buildings are replica but the value will never be the same, just cant buy a phone for 35k and if i intend upgrading 2mrw they will be pricing it 5k , that will be a crazy thing. I like products that will meet my needs and at the same time have a second hand value. I searched for techno in the American market and i was suprise it doesnt exist there.
This cheap products are mass produced for 3rd world countries and cant even compete with other product in the western world.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Koolmexxi(m): 7:23am On Aug 05, 2013
justojai: This is like going to a builder to erect 2 exact structures in 2 different locations like AJ and Lekki, we all will understand this buildings are replica but the value will never be the same, just cant buy a phone for 35k and if i intend upgrading 2mrw they will be pricing it 5k , that will be a crazy thing. I like products that will meet my needs and at the same time have a second hand value. I searched for techno in the American market and i was suprise it doesnt exist there.
This cheap products are mass produced for 3rd world countries and cant even compete with other product in the western world.
Na ur type go buy quality aba customised shoe worth 2k for10k because dem write am LUIS VUITTON.. So many Nigerians in d name of being brand name crazy swallow Wateva d so-called brands throw their way so long as it's frm d brand. So because it's not in d American market it's simply substandard.. So Mr. Third World Citizen, d Samsung Galaxy ace, Pro duos, Y duos, pocket minis, and d likes are also part of devices for developed nations abi?? And dey r ur Lekki because na Samsung make dem abi?? SMH.....

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ibietela2(m): 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2013
justojai: This is like going to a builder to erect 2 exact structures in 2 different locations like AJ and Lekki, we all will understand this buildings are replica but the value will never be the same, just cant buy a phone for 35k and if i intend upgrading 2mrw they will be pricing it 5k , that will be a crazy thing. I like products that will meet my needs and at the same time have a second hand value. I searched for techno in the American market and i was suprise it doesnt exist there.

Second hand, second hand is the only thing you guys are after..... That is why you buy UK used phones for half the price
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
I'm curious about something.

how come the only OEM you people bash is samsung? you do realize that there are lots of other quality OeMs out there who have even more expensive phones compared with samsung.

I want to understand this samsung hateorade thing........ pls enlighten me.
because looking at this sustained sammy beef it appears this is a case of hating from outside the club just cuz u can't get in!!!!!!

na wah o. truly you are easier to sight when you are in flight. sammy don hammer.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 7:45pm On Aug 05, 2013
4llerbuntu: I'm curious about something.

how come the only OEM you people bash is samsung? you do realize that there are lots of other quality OeMs out there who have even more expensive phones compared with samsung.

I want to understand this samsung hateorade thing........ pls enlighten me.
because looking at this sustained sammy beef it appears this is a case of hating from outside the club just cuz u can't get in!!!!!!

na wah o. truly you are easier to sight when you are in flight. sammy don hammer.

The biggest always have a bullseye painted on their back. Sliging OEMs like HTC, Sony or LG won't be as much fun their product visibility isn't as high as Samsung. Samsung does a media blitzkrieg for their flagships unlike the moderate efforts of the others; only Nokia matches Samsung in exposure but how many Lumia users are sounding out?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by adaye: 10:03am On Aug 06, 2013
The funny thing is that it is wrong to compare the N9 with the GT2 or Samsung with Techno. The tablets are not in the same category size and specs wise as the two firms are also in vastly different categories. Techno is an upcoming mobile device maker and can best be appreciated when compared with other new branded makes in the market. Their devices especially new offerings like the N7,F7 and the N9 tab are great buys at the prices offered. However it would be unfair to overlook the fact that the offerings from the industry leaders Samsung etc are superior in areas of screen quality, internal memory etc though not necessarily build quality.

The important consideration for the average buyer should be if these justify the huge gulf in expenditure in choosing between a device by techno over a device from an industry leader like Samsung or LG for example when the techno will perform same tasks capably. I currently use a galaxy note 10.1 and a N9 and can state that while the note 10.1 has a better UI, higher pixellation, screen protection etc, the N9 matches it in terms of speed. Web page loading and app loading are virtually the same as I have compared side by side and the n9 has never lagged or freezes in my 4 weeks of usage. In addition the shortcomings in its ui and screen quality are really noticable only to the discerning user. Build quality for both devices is impeccable.

The bottom line is that devices made by samsung ,lg etc have higher specs in certain areas and have superior user interfaces (due to modification of the stock android interface) and should be at their prices. Techno and co however offer cheaper alternatives that may lack certain features (which will not be missed by then average user) but still get the job done. The endless comparison is unnecessary as they are not yet competitors. They cater to different consumer demographics. They both make good products for their target market. Buyers should however always consider two things - need and budget. My closure is this- with my experience with the n9 at 36,500 will I buy say a galaxy note at 85,000. Probably not as the gulf in pricing does not justify the specs difference in the two for a discerning user like me.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Koolmexxi(m): 10:16am On Aug 06, 2013
adaye: The funny thing is that it is wrong to compare the N9 with the GT2 or Samsung with Techno. The tablets are not in the same category size and specs wise as the two firms are also in vastly different categories. Techno is an upcoming mobile device maker and can best be appreciated when compared with other new branded makes in the market. Their devices especially new offerings like the N7,F7 and the N9 tab are great buys at the prices offered. However it would be unfair to overlook the fact that the offerings from the industry leaders Samsung etc are superior in areas of screen quality, internal memory etc though not necessarily build quality.

The important consideration for the average buyer should be if these justify the huge gulf in expenditure in choosing between a device by techno over a device from an industry leader like Samsung or LG for example when the techno will perform same tasks capably. I currently use a galaxy note 10.1 and a N9 and can state that while the note 10.1 has a better UI, higher pixellation, screen protection etc, the N9 matches it in terms of speed. Web page loading and app loading are virtually the same as I have compared side by side and the n9 has never lagged or freezes in my 4 weeks of usage. In addition the shortcomings in its ui and screen quality are really noticable only to the discerning user. Build quality for both devices is impeccable.

The bottom line is that devices made by samsung ,lg etc have higher specs in certain areas and have superior user interfaces (due to modification of the stock android interface) and should be at their prices. Techno and co however offer cheaper alternatives that may lack certain features (which will not be missed by then average user) but still get the job done. The endless comparison is unnecessary as they are not yet competitors. They cater to different consumer demographics. They both make good products for their target market. Buyers should however always consider two things - need and budget. My closure is this- with my experience with the n9 at 36,500 will I buy say a galaxy note at 85,000. Probably not as the gulf in pricing does not justify the specs difference in the two for a discerning user like me.

Thank you.
Well ur summary says it all. D really negligible spec difference doesn't justify d gulf in price btwn dis A-list fones nd others. In Nigeria here it's jus d brand name dat sells.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2013
My name is McGboye, and I endorse this surmission below. LOL.
It's what I've been saying for the past two weeks!

adaye: The funny thing is that it is wrong to compare the N9 with the GT2 or Samsung with Techno. The tablets are not in the same category size and specs wise as the two firms are also in vastly different categories. Techno is an upcoming mobile device maker and can best be appreciated when compared with other new branded makes in the market. Their devices especially new offerings like the N7,F7 and the N9 tab are great buys at the prices offered. However it would be unfair to overlook the fact that the offerings from the industry leaders Samsung etc are superior in areas of screen quality, internal memory etc though not necessarily build quality.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2013

Thank you.
That's what I've been saying!!! But those Tecno boys will Neva accept the fact

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Koolmexxi(m): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
runzlord:
That's what I've been saying!!! But those Tecno boys will Neva accept the fact
U obviously don't understand d summary of dat write up.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by justojai: 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Onosy: 6:31am On Aug 07, 2013
justojai: My elder brother uses the Techno Tab for only 2 reasons. (1) he said its andriod and (2) he said he can't afford other brand names like Sammy but he confessed he truely like to own a Sammy Tab.

For all u chinko lovers am certain u like your chinko for one or two of the reason(s) because am pretty sure if u are giving the option to choose one out of the two for free u will definitely pick a Sammy. I use Sammy becos I prefer it to any chinko brand and again I can afford it else I would be going for a chinko. my Chinko friends, Don't take it personal just my option.

Can U tell me the country where they produce the Samsung device u r calling sammy ...(Note: Sammy is someones name n not the name of any device) shocked shocked shocked

most of the Electronics we use if not all were produced in either China, Japan, Korean or Taiwan but the major producer is China....so if anything produced in China is Chinko then your Samsung (Dats if u have one) is chinko also.....

We act like little kids that parents bought Toys for and 1 will be like my toy is better than yours, my daddy said its better than yours and so on (those that have or live with Kids around them know what am saying)

Life is all about choices and everyone's choice should be respected.....if you must criticize (which is a good thing) do dat constructively.

Some people are just proud, arrogant, insulting, annoying, pompous, lairs, pretenders etc all in the name of criticism...some of us need to be reminded the real meaning of criticism before we come to post meaningless things....

if u must criticize.....DO IT RIGHT...or...NOT at all.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 6:54am On Aug 07, 2013
Onosy:

Can U tell me the country where they produce the Samsung device u r calling sammy ...(Note: Sammy is someones name n not the name of any device) shocked shocked shocked

most of the Electronics we use if not all were produced in either China, Japan, Korean or Taiwan but the major producer is China....so if anything produced in China is Chinko then your Samsung (Dats if u have one) is chinko also.....
Idiot!!! Ive always told u you were a dumb retard! No brains at all. Poor Wretched labourer. Let me educate you. Samsung is a south korean company and NOT A CHINEES COMPANY! Get your facts right. They are not in the same league tecnologically. Dumb r-e-t-ard. Go celebrate that you ve finally learnt something. What a waste of sperm. Bloody retard!

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Koolmexxi(m): 7:05am On Aug 07, 2013
caukerzee: Idiot!!! Ive always told u you were a dumb retard! No brains at all. Poor Wretched labourer. Let me educate you. Samsung is a south korean company and NOT A CHINEES COMPANY! Get your facts right. They are not in the same league tecnologically. Dumb r-e-t-ard. Go celebrate that you ve finally learnt something. What a waste of sperm. Bloody retard!
So S.korea is technologically advanced compared to china?? Are U̶̲̥̅̊ from the Stone Age?

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 7:25am On Aug 07, 2013
caukerzee: Idiot!!! Ive always told u you were a dumb retard! No brains at all. Poor Wretched labourer. Let me educate you. Samsung is a south korean company and NOT A CHINEES COMPANY! Get your facts right. They are not in the same league tecnologically. Dumb r-e-t-ard. Go celebrate that you ve finally learnt something. What a waste of sperm. Bloody retard!

Just to confirm, are you saying South Korean is technologically more advanced than China?

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Onosy: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2013
Koolmexxi:
So S.korea is technologically advanced compared to china?? Are U̶̲̥̅̊ from the Stone Age?

Ask him oooo.....They just argue blindly out of pride for a UK USED device they managed to buy....Tecno all the way...These anti-Tecno dudes don't have anything more to say than to insult others...Tecno all the way. all these devices come from Asia... so if 1 is chinko then all others are also chinko..take note the brand name can't change that fact...its only the ignorant ones that are yet to realize that the brand they are paying heavily for is also from Asia (Chinko)... Asia is Asia (China, Japan, Hongong, North n South Korean among others) they are all in same category of rating in terms of development (Second world countries)
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Koolmexxi(m): 7:52am On Aug 07, 2013
Onosy:

Ask him oooo.....They just argue blindly out of pride for a UK USED device they managed to buy....Tecno all the way...These anti-Tecno dudes don't have anything more to say than to insult others...Tecno all the way. all these devices come from Asia... so if 1 is chinko then all others are also chinko..take note the brand name can't change that fact...its only the ignorant ones that are yet to realize that the brand they are paying heavily for is also from Asia (Chinko)... Asia is Asia (China, Japan, Hongong, North n South Korean among others) they are all in same category of rating in terms of development (Second world countries)
The dimwit's obviously been. watching too much cartoons. He barely even knows wat he's saying. Jus spiting tantrums..

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 8:12am On Aug 07, 2013
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2013-02-01/50-most-innovative-countries.html

to all you dullards spewing re-tar-ded comments here follow the link to view the recent bloomberg rankings.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 8:24am On Aug 07, 2013
mcgboye:

Just to confirm, are you saying South Korean is technologically more advanced than China?
Yes. Follow the link I posted and view for yourself or a simple google search will do.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 8:27am On Aug 07, 2013
Koolmexxi:
Bloody retard! You tecno kids do not follow tech news and you come here to spew rubbish you know nothing about. Go get some knowledge.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 8:59am On Aug 07, 2013
Onosy:

Ask him oooo.....They just argue blindly out of pride for a UK USED device they managed to buy....Tecno all the way...These anti-Tecno dudes don't have anything more to say than to insult others...Tecno all the way. all these devices come from Asia... so if 1 is chinko then all others are also chinko..take note the brand name can't change that fact...its only the ignorant ones that are yet to realize that the
Was it your poor dad that bought the UK used phones for us? If you are used to using 2nd hand things in your family, sorry to break it to you- not everybody is that poor. There are people who can afford new things. After showing you what a fool you are, you come up with such a dumb comment saying all asian products are chinko. NOO!!! Only chineese products are called chinko and they are called chinko for obvious resons. And also no, samsung and tecno are not in the same league. It is an insult to put tecno side by side with samsung. But of course such comparisms an only happen in poor and tecnologically backward 3rd world countries like Nigeria. You poor retarded kids are so overwhelmed by the android expirience given to you by tecno and cannot just come to terms with the fact that you get better expirience from other high end devices of othe top OEM manifacturers like samsung or it could possibly be jelousy because you cannot afford it....LOL...POOR kids. Its an insult to equate a mushroom company like tecno to samsung. There is a reson why your phones are called low end. And prolly only the phantom called mid-range. There is a reason why google considers samsung 1st before other OEMs, there is a reason why google provides OS updates only for samsung, there is a reason why google calls samsung its bread winner, there is a reason samsung has the highest market share in the smartphone market. There is also a reason why tecno mass produces its substandard cheap particles for 3rd world technologically baCkward countries like nigeria

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 9:07am On Aug 07, 2013
...and not confident enough to take the shit to market in devoloped markets. They do not even sell in their home country. And no asia is not asia. The last time i checked asia was a continent and not a country. Somalia is not the same level as Nigeria just because they are in the same continent. Gosh...Dont be dumb. Stop saying retarde-d things just to win an argument. Bloody retard. Go get some education.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 9:23am On Aug 07, 2013
Koolmexxi:
The dimwit's obviously been. watching too much cartoons. He barely even knows wat he's saying. Jus spiting tantrums..
Is that your fathers surname? Point of correction, you throw tantrums and do not spit them. Which I am not doing. Just trying to help you put your empty heads in oder. I am now convinced that tecno makes you guys dumb. Deal with your inferiority complex. Samsung is superior to tecno deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by justojai: 10:12am On Aug 07, 2013
Me Techno? For wat na? Why is RIM offering BBM for free on samsung Tabs and not Techno? And am very certain RIM doesn't even know if Techno exist. I'll prefer a USED and ABUSED Samsung Tab to a brand new Techno watever.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2013
caukerzee: Yes. Follow the link I posted and view for yourself or a simple google search will do.

I saw this on the same bloomberg site and it encapsulates my thought on the cheap vs expensive smartphones and why we're paying more for so much less. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-21/high-end-smartphone-boom-ending-as-price-drop-hits-apple.html

Let me quote an interesting paragraph from it:

“The days of great growth in the high end of the market are gone,” said Michael Morgan, an analyst at ABI Research. “It’s the Chinese companies who know how to survive on tiny margins that are ready for the fight that’s about to ensue.”

And another one:

“The market is becoming less about speeds and feeds, and more about price,” said Kevin Restivo, an analyst at IDC in Toronto. “More people don’t need to be overwhelmed by a phone, so long as it’s good enough.”

That's all.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 10:24am On Aug 07, 2013
justojai: Me Techno? For wat na? Why is RIM offering BBM for free on samsung Tabs and not Techno? And am very certain RIM doesn't even know if Techno exist. I'll prefer a USED and ABUSED Samsung Tab to a brand new Techno watever.

Absolutely ridiculous assertion and I think this is the problem we have with the neo-rich dudes. You read the headline without bothering to read details. BBM is coming to ANDROID devices, not just Samsung. What that means is any device which runs on Android (4.0 above) will be able to download the cross-platform BBM from the google play store. I hope you correct that misstatement, or at least you come here to retract your statement when you get confirmation next month.

Gosh!
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 10:25am On Aug 07, 2013
mods abeg close dis thread
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2013
Yes ..close this thread....
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 10:52am On Aug 07, 2013
deejay_harry1: Yes ..close this thread....

physise: mods abeg close dis thread

I disagree. Unless the rules of the site as it relates to topics to be posted have been disobeyed, i think only the people who hurl insults and use vulgar words should be suspended.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Onosy: 11:18am On Aug 07, 2013
caukerzee: Was it your poor dad that bought the UK used phones for us? If you are used to using 2nd hand things in your family, sorry to break it to you- not everybody is that poor. There are people who can afford new things. After showing you what a fool you are, you come up with such a dumb comment saying all asian products are chinko. NOO!!! Only chineese products are called chinko and they are called chinko for obvious resons. And also no, samsung and tecno are not in the same league. It is an insult to put tecno side by side with samsung. But of course such comparisms an only happen in poor and tecnologically backward 3rd world countries like Nigeria. You poor retarded kids are so overwhelmed by the android expirience given to you by tecno and cannot just come to terms with the fact that you get better expirience from other high end devices of othe top OEM manifacturers like samsung or it could possibly be jelousy because you cannot afford it....LOL...POOR kids. Its an insult to equate a mushroom company like tecno to samsung. There is a reson why your phones are called low end. And prolly only the phantom called mid-range. There is a reason why google considers samsung 1st before other OEMs, there is a reason why google provides OS updates only for samsung, there is a reason why google calls samsung its bread winner, there is a reason samsung has the highest market share in the smartphone market. There is also a reason why tecno mass produces its substandard cheap particles for 3rd world technologically baCkward countries like nigeria

U are found of using the word poor and also swear words... First and foremost what is the Meaning of the Word 'Poor' Its very naughty of U to be calling someone or people u dont even know poor or names....If u are wish and educated U would have know where u are and how to present urself and post...

What r u worth, What does ur family and father worth, U ran to some country to wash plates and corpse and u are here talking about being poor or rich....

Advise for u... Learn not to insult peoples dad and family cos they did nothing to u and they dont even know u exist....and u should equate ur worth with others before u call them poor....

How am I sure to can even cater for ur own needs......

Enlightened Dudes know we are talking about devices/gadgets here and not people's family or parents....Good upbringing would have tot u that....some people take these gadgets so personal as if they own the company/brand...

Even samsung and Apple will not go to that extent lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 11:21am On Aug 07, 2013
mods wetin una dey wait for?close dis thread
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Peterwizzy: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2013
the n9 beat that tab abeg if e vex u too much go nack ur head for wall finish!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.