Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,224 members, 7,860,431 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (64815 Views)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Aafulenu(f): 11:38am On Aug 07, 2013
justojai: Me Techno? For wat na? Why is RIM offering BBM for free on samsung Tabs and not Techno? And am very certain RIM doesn't even know if Techno exist. I'll prefer a USED and ABUSED Samsung Tab to a brand new Techno watever.

i just dey pass, but had to point out someone's ignorance. BBM is coming to ALL devices that run on andriod 4.0 and above, and its free. be it techno, samsung, lg, htc,( even nokia self if they decide to run on droid) so stop the unnecessary dissing.

btw i dont use techno but lg.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 11:46am On Aug 07, 2013
Aafulenu:

i just dey pass, but had to point out someone's ignorance. BBM is coming to ALL devices that run on andriod 4.0 and above, and its free. be it techno, samsung, lg, htc,( even nokia self if they decide to run on droid) so stop the unnecessary dissing.

btw i dont use techno but lg.
true
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
I don't understand why people would want this thread closed. Anyway, I would be surprised if the moderaators, whoever they are, did that based on one or two people's opinion.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
mcgboye:

I saw this on the same bloomberg site and it encapsulates my thought on the cheap vs expensive smartphones and why we're paying more for so much less. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-21/high-end-smartphone-boom-ending-as-price-drop-hits-apple.html

Let me quote an interesting paragraph from it:

“The days of great growth in the high end of the market are gone,” said Michael Morgan, an analyst at ABI Research.
What are you on about mate? How does your post relate to the argument were having? And how does it change the fact that the ranking stats show that s.korea is a more innovative and a more technologically advanced than china? Why are you running a way from the topic. Anyway, let me respond to this. In the end, all these in that article are just speculations from analysts which is in no way 100Percent accurate. If you follow tech news, you would notice that in the past analysts have turned out wrong most of the time. Some three years ago, it was predicted that apple iphone would own 80 percent of the smartphone market share but what is happening now? Ever since 2011, samsung has been growing with no sign of stoping and now own the highest market share. The tables might turn in the future, but for now samsung is king. And as I said earlier, in the end its all speculation. Samsung atm is by far and by a very great margin, superior to tecno. P.S-tecno wasnt even mentioned in that article. Companies like hawaie and lenvo were. I give credidt to whom credit to whom credit is due, lenvo and hawaie are chinesse company but they produce quality products hence are confident enough to take their products to developed markets nd are recognized. Tecno on the other hand mass produces substandard products 4 technologically backward 3rd world countries wit low certification standards knowing dat dey will sell like mad in those places, nd shy away 4rm devoloped markets where dey know their products wount be allowed past d borders
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
caukerzee: What are you on about mate? How does your post relate to the argument were having? And how does it change the fact that the ranking stats show that s.korea is a more innovative and a more technologically advanced than china? Why are you running a way from the topic. Anyway, let me respond to this. In the end, all these in that article are just speculations from analysts which is in no way 100Percent accurate. If you follow tech news, you would notice that in the past analysts have turned out wrong most of the time. Some three years ago, it was predicted that apple iphone would own 80 percent of the smartphone market share but what is happening now? Ever since 2011, samsung has been growing with no sign of stoping and now own the highest market share. The tables might turn in the future, but for now samsung is king. And as I said earlier, in the end its all speculation. Samsung atm is by far and by a very great margin, superior to tecno. P.S-tecno wasnt even mentioned in that article. Companies like hawaie and lenvo were. I give credidt to whom credit to whom credit is due, lenvo and hawaie are chinesse company but they produce quality products hence are confident enough to take their products to developed markets nd are recognized. Tecno on the other hand mass produces substandard products 4 technologically backward 3rd world countries wit low certification standards knowing dat dey will sell like mad in those places, nd shy away 4rm devoloped markets where dey know their products wount be allowed past d borders

I don't like delving into unnecessary arguments, and my post was simply to broaden the horizon of the discourse. My understanding is that Samsung is a Korean company but the devices themselves are assembled in China. And there's no empirical data to support the fact that smartphones made in Korea, if any, trumps those made in China. The term innovation is general and does net necessarily mean one is better than the other in all areas of technology. Do I think Tecno phones are as good as Samsung phones? No, as shown by all the benchmarks testings. Do I think Tecno make great phones? Absolutely. Do I think Samsung products are worth the prices they're going for? Definitely NO. I've spent the past two hours playing with my colleague's 10-inch Samsung tab, and I can't see much apparent difference between it and the N9. The N9 handles ALL taxes very well and is not significantly inferior as suggested by the price differential. Like I wrote somewhere, one unit of Samsung S4 costs $237 to produce but it's sold for $600+. A typical "chinko" wouldn't make such margin given the same specs, but then people will look at the huge price difference and say it's inferior.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
Lenovo hauwei ZTE from china
Vs
Lg and Samsung from Korea
Who wins?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
do they use same quality hardware?

do they both commit to making sure the hardware is re-useable in private hands?

do they spend the same hours and manpower money on software?

do they make equal attempts at innovative features (hardware and software?

do they extend to similar markets?

do they spend similar amounts on publicity and marketing?

do they both provide similar after sales service and warranty?

do they both commit to supporting those devices by way of updates after they are sold?

do they commit to equal Quality Assurance Standards?

do they both commit to having to comply with standards in different markets?

do they spend equal amounts on Research and Development to ensure their products are viable?

there is a premium. the premium is not just because everybody is foolish with their money. YOU JUSTIFY THE PREMIUM OTHERWISE YOU ARE A GONER.

there have been countless phone makers in the world.... the question is which ones have committed to excellence?.

Not to be simplistic about it but once upon a time toyota and Honda came here to market....
Hyundai and Daewoo also came......

the present day facts speak for itself regarding these brands and their products.

Until that commitment and push for excellence by playing with the big boys is made, you play with your mates. it is the reality whether u choose to accept it or not.

there is no need for all these stories. Until the day you can submit your products for screening and acceptance in numerous markets, you are a Niche player.

TaTa cars does exactly the same job a Limousine does.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
You know why this samsung you people hate so much is wildly successful?

they are arguably the most innovative and versatile company in the game.

No big player has a device that does not contain a part made by Samsung.

The biggest boys (Apple etc) order their processors etc from Samsung, custom built.

Samsung Expenditure on Research and Development is more than 3/4 of the industry combined.

Yet they still do so much work on differentiating their software (hate it or love it)

you seriously think a bit player ordering low grade parts from a shenzen dealer is better than this company because its prices are low?

let me give you the best example possible. read up on Google's nexus attempts at the low range. (ironically they try to use the best they can find for reasonable prices)... the Nexus 7? the Galaxy Nexus? read up how crappy those products turn out to be in the long run.....

the mobile market is a constantly evolving one. This years' flagship is a budget fone in 1 and half year's time. the goalpost is constantly moving.
The parts that are used in this years budget phones were used in proper devices in 2011. but the 2011 ones are now better than the 2013 ones because its cheaper?

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
^^^^^Couldn't have said it better. I should not repeat this. mcgboye heres your reply.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by justojai: 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
mcgboye:

Absolutely ridiculous assertion and I think this is the problem we have with the neo-rich dudes. You read the headline without bothering to read details. BBM is coming to ANDROID devices, not just Samsung. What that means is any device which runs on Android (4.0 above) will be able to download the cross-platform BBM from the google play store. I hope you correct that misstatement, or at least you come here to retract your statement when you get confirmation next month.

Gosh!
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by justojai: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
Just get your fact right and do a proper research before correcting anyone. The fact remains that Samsung and Rim announced that BBM will be available on Galaxy at no cost. Am always open to hear what I don't know and not what I know.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 4:37pm On Aug 07, 2013
mcgboye:

I don't like delving into unnecessary arguments, and my post was simply to broaden the horizon of the discourse. My understanding is that Samsung is a Korean company but the devices themselves are assembled in China. And there's no empirical data to support the fact that smartphones made in Korea, if any, trump those made in China.
"Assembled" in china. Assembled is the key word. Not made neither were the resources for production sourced from china. All for the purpose of cost of production. The quality of the materials these two companies use grossly differ and a whole lot other factors which 4ller has already stated in his post. Hence, the diffrence in price margin. Use a tab2 for a year and it looks and performs better than an N9 used for just over 5 months.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
caukerzee: ^^^^^Couldn't have said it better. I should not repeat this. mcgboye heres your reply.

Lol. I don't have energy for this, but you obviously don't get my point. If, as those techy guys found out, it takes $237 to make one unit of S4, why should it be sold with a margin of well over 100%? The price differential isn't only because of the Samsung range of devices are better than those of Tecno, but the goodwill and the "brand". I don't have problem with that. But I absolutely think it's ludicrous to dismiss Tecno, gionee and similar phones as inferior just because they're Chinese companies. See, if the Phantom A+ is sold for 60-70k while S4 is sold for 100k, then I would understand people's apathy.
The N9 is a new device and there is no evidence that it won't last more than a year as suggested. Maybe I'm being unnecessarily sympathetic towards these cheap, chinko phones, but the truth is I think 80% of users will do fine buying an N9 instead of the more expensive Samsung and Apple tabs

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
justojai: Just get your fact right and do a proper research before correcting anyone. The fact remains that Samsung and Rim announced that BBM will be available on Galaxy at no cost. Am always open to hear what I don't know and not what I know.

Would you be kind enough to share a link to where Blackberry (RIM no longer exists) announced BBM would be available "on Galaxy". All their announcements have been that BBM will be available to Android 4.0+ and iOS devices. There's been no mention of a specific device, or at least I haven't seen one.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by slinkman(m): 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
i still put it tht tecno n3 is the best phone made by tecno so far.. the others are just packaging old same stuff in new casings... #word...

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
slinkman: i still put it tht tecno n3 is the best phone made by tecno so far.. the others are just packaging old same stuff in new casings... #word...

Really? Interesting.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
una neva rest for dis arguement?mods dis thread is turning into f7 thread close dis thread
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
physise: una neva rest for dis arguement?mods dis thread is turning into f7 thread close dis thread

How's this thread turning into the F7 thread? People have largely been very civil
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2013
this tecno N9 is a very good device. Someone used mine yesterday, and i asked him what he thought the price was. He said 60k. lol. No be him fault na all this sammy ppl cause am. Wise up guys.....
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
Cr@zydude:
this tecno N9 is a very good device. Someone used mine yesterday, and i asked him what he thought the price was. He said 60k. lol. No be him fault na all this sammy ppl cause am. Wise up guys.....
make una leave samsung alone wat abt htc with deir high price
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by slinkman(m): 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
this thread should be Closed
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
see arguments!!!!!!!!! I am chilling with my asha.... tecno or samsung dey do free calls? seriously android is android (lag) d main thing is a big demarcation btw d poor and d rich. my papa no fit follow me buy tecno, he dey madt?

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
mcgboye:

Lol. I don't have energy for this, but you obviously don't get my point. If, as those techy guys found out, it takes $237 to make one unit of S4, why should it be sold with a margin of well over 100%? The price differential isn't only because of the Samsung range of devices are better than those of Tecno, but the goodwill and the "brand". I don't have problem with that. But I absolutely think it's ludicrous to dismiss Tecno
Wondering why a samsung galaxy cost over 200% of its cost of production? Workers have to get paid man. Just recently a samsung worker was complaining on having to work on over 3000 phones and you have over 20 000 of such workers. These workers are paid over $10 per phone. The assembling is done by humans and not machines. Funny how you forgot branding, boxing and packaging cost?? Accessories (charger, usb cable, samsung kies, HDMI cable, etc) shiping? Budget for publicity and marketing? Plus their own profits. All these would definately amount to such selling prices. Have you ever taken time to find out the cost of production of an f7?? A jaw drop is an understatement of what you would get. Thats how I know their products are substandard. I do not need to use an n9 for 5months to know it would look older than a one year old tab 2 as it has no display screen protection whereas the tab 2 does. Tecno older phones are typical examples of what i am talking about. A friends n3 which is just two months old, the display screen is an eyesore.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
techfreak: see arguments!!!!!!!!! I am chilling with my asha.... tecno or samsung dey do free calls? seriously android is android (lag) d main thing is a big demarcation btw d poor and d rich. my papa no fit follow me buy tecno, he dey madt?
NO, and android is not an android. What an irony with that name you got there. A tech freak that does not know there is a difference between a highend android and a lowend android, which offer different expiriences.
P.S: Who still uses a java phone in this time and age??
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by justojai: 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
mcgboye:

Would you be kind enough to share a link to where Blackberry (RIM no longer exists) announced BBM would be available "on Galaxy". All their announcements have been that BBM will be available to Android 4.0+ and iOS devices. There's been no mention of a specific device, or at least I haven't seen one.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by justojai: 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
For your perusal about free BBM on samsung galaxy.
http://bgr.com/2013/08/06/bbm-android-samsung-galaxy/
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 12:47am On Aug 08, 2013
justojai: For your perusal about free BBM on samsung galaxy.
http://bgr.com/2013/08/06/bbm-android-samsung-galaxy/

Did you bother to read the link you shared because it clearly stated BBM would be coming to Android and last time I checked, Tecno runs on Android.
Also, this is the last official news from Blackberry: http://ng.blackberry.com/bbm.html
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 4:49am On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Onosy: 7:20am On Aug 08, 2013
caukerzee: NO, and android is not an android. What an irony with that name you got there. A tech freak that does not know there is a difference between a highend android and a lowend android, which offer different expiriences.

just asking: What experience?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2013
caukerzee: NO, and android is not an android. What an irony with that name you got there. A tech freak that does not know there is a difference between a highend android and a lowend android, which offer different expiriences.

I still repeat myself android is android... Do u write programme or hav u used any sdk? Seems u talk alot and u are too proud of d little u know!!! I dnt brag... I also have nokia torch if u care?

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Onosy: 9:15am On Aug 08, 2013
These Samsung that some dude make noise about as the best phone is not actually the best angry angry angry Some have not even used it angry angry angry

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S duos for my wife 2 months ago for about 35K From Slot and now the Phone shut off on its own...I just Google the issue and behold its a very serious and popular issue just Google it and see (And they say Samsung is the best....)

My Tecno T1 (First Tecno Android) is still working fine after about a year.

See link below for issues with Samsung Phones (New Phones at that...) Some people even suggested change of Battery for a month old phone

http://www.askmefast.com/My_samsung_galaxy_s_duos_phone_keeps_turning_off_itself_what_could_possibly_be_the_damn_problemthis_simply_ruins_my_day-qna5248630.html

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Cell-Phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S-auto-shut-off-problem/td-p/239111

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-note-2/231912-galaxy-note-2-turn-off-itself.html

http://www.askmefast.com/Random_shut_off_on_samsung_galaxy_y_pro_duos_When_phone_is_idleit_shuts_off_after_maybe_5_minutes-qna3691567.html
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2013
Onosy: These Samsung that some dude make noise about as the best phone is not actually the best angry angry angry Some have not even used it angry angry angry

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S duos for my wife 2 months ago for about 35K From Slot and now the Phone shut off on its own...I just Google the issue and behold its a very serious and popular issue just Google it and see (And they say Samsung is the best....)

My Tecno T1 (First Tecno Android) is still working fine after about a year.

See link below for issues with Samsung Phones (New Phones at that...) Some people even suggested change of Battery for a month old phone

http://www.askmefast.com/My_samsung_galaxy_s_duos_phone_keeps_turning_off_itself_what_could_possibly_be_the_damn_problemthis_simply_ruins_my_day-qna5248630.html

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Cell-Phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S-auto-shut-off-problem/td-p/239111

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-note-2/231912-galaxy-note-2-turn-off-itself.html

http://www.askmefast.com/Random_shut_off_on_samsung_galaxy_y_pro_duos_When_phone_is_idleit_shuts_off_after_maybe_5_minutes-qna3691567.html
xo wetin concern us,samsung is d best smartphone company in d world wetin be tecno?read user reviews b4 buying any fone...mods abeg close dis thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

If You Know This Phone, You Must Be Married. Nobody knows the name / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.