Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68231 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 13, 2013
utumunta: He who descends into an arena of conflict cannot avoid the dust of encounter. Soyinka has elected to suffer from diarrhea of the mouth, in recent times, and the sacred garb of dignity that has shielded him over the years has given way.
The mudslinging had just begun and it tends to be more interesting than the barbaric disnposition of Hon Lloyd and co at the Rivers assembly complex.
I expect a rejoinder from the egg-head soon.

The man died in him he that keeps quiet in times of tyranny(soyinka)your post is stupid and silly.we all knw d retardeen is involved.soyinka remains ever d only person to enter america witout a visa,he is idolised.as @ when he was receivin his nobel mrs retardeen ws just managin to pass her waec.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 13, 2013
GEJ and PEJ are plagues and Curse to this Nation....*GOD FORGIVE OUR SINS* WIPE THEM OFF for us...........Abacha better GEJ

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 13, 2013
take dat: Who cares what an hardly literate, grossly insensitive and a corrupt beyond belief woman, whom I am sure is unable to grasp the consequences of her meddling has to say. Like the Prof said, be a lady before being a first lady. cheesy

Clannish sycophants, hired hands and trash talking tools have invaded this thread trying to whitewash the image of our hippo first lady. grin
EDUCATION IS NOT 4FOOLISHNESS, U OUGHT 2MAINTAIN INDEFATIGABLE STATE INSTEAD OF BEEN SENTIMENTAL STATE OF ACRIMONY........GEJ IS OUR FIRST CITIZEN N SHOULD BE RESPECTED
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Billionaires: 9:11am On Jul 13, 2013
I have observed in recent times that the good old prof has been emotional cry-baby, who will believe that Wole Soyinka, my Hero could commit personality suicide by meddling into every little political squabbles.

Amaechi, we all know his attributes, we also know his weaknesses of hypocrisy and playing the victim even when he is the Super Thug of Rivers State. The video evidence was there for Wole Soyinka to see but he chose to be blind folder by his hate for the first family.

Chinua Achebe will feel disgraced by his good old friend.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by bestview: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2013
This is a welcome development. Who is Soyenka in the first instance?

Was he Achebe- the father of modern African literature or Africa's most influential celebrity?

Soyenka should be cut to size by all means necessary, afterwards the campus cultism that is the bane of Nigerian universities today is the sole invention of that good for nothing university (3rd Class) 'prof'.

If you agree that Soyenka should be tamed: CLICK YES

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Akell(m): 9:12am On Jul 13, 2013
nacosprof: EDUCATION IS NOT 4FOOLISHNESS, U OUGHT 2MAINTAIN INDEFATIGABLE STATE INSTEAD OF BEEN SENTIMENTAL STATE OF ACRIMONY........GEJ IS OUR FIRST CITIZEN N SHOULD BE RESPECTED
have u ever come across the word 'CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM‘....Go back to the baics; you need a tutor
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by amarral: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:
pity yourself undecided
nobody is perfect. Soyinka should know dat his literary prowess has limitations.by d way Is he into academics or politics.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Sundahjoe(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2013
PEJ really make sense this time around for speaking through a spokeman. Initially, i was wondering the type of grammer she was going to use to reply a Prof.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by kuchikau: 9:13am On Jul 13, 2013
birdman:

no leave her. She and her yam head husband will leave office back into obscurity one day.
...God forbid.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by takedat(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2013
nacosprof: EDUCATION IS NOT 4FOOLISHNESS, U OUGHT 2MAINTAIN INDEFATIGABLE STATE INSTEAD OF BEEN SENTIMENTAL STATE OF ACRIMONY........GEJ IS OUR FIRST CITIZEN N SHOULD BE RESPECTED
I no understand this your grammar o! Sure you are not Patience Jonathan?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by tayolove12(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2013
why are u pity Mr president
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by hoochay: 9:13am On Jul 13, 2013
keke drop me here abeg
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by lonamy: 9:13am On Jul 13, 2013
patience Jonathan is a big embarrassment to this nation. it is high time we constitutionally define the roles of president's wife and educational qualification required before the wife of or any of the wives of anyone who is the president can assume the position.
the level of illeteracy found in the last two first ladies in this country is amazing and disgracing. patience is an embodiment of an illiterate. bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by DIVINE78: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2013
Gabbysky: I don't get this, why are the people from a certain tribe/region always against the Jonathans?
What has this family done wrong to you guys? Even a whole Professor in the person of Soyinka!
The longer you stay in this politics Sir, the faster you lose your respect. Or, if you are interested in any position then come out and contest like every other able man in politics.
Where are you proof that the Jonathans are responsible for the crisis in Rivers state (I asked for a proof not sentiments please)
Where was Soyinka when Lagos state was shut down because someone's mother died? Oh! maybe I do not have the knowledge that she was once a 'First Lady', of which Nation please?
If these guys can't be objective with their reason ability in criticisms, then they should just keep their cool abeg!
Well, why am I even wasting my time here when I know he wont see this note, but if it pains anyone that PEJ is Nigeria's current First Lady, then go to Abuja and de-throne her husband rather than all this character slander. How I wish someone could just sue these guys for libel, first it was Lai, then Bakare, to Falana and now Soyinka.

Kill yourselves all you want, GEJ remains on the throne till 2019.

God Bless Nigeria!
Did you say "sue Soyinka,Falana and Bakare"? These guys were on the street to make sure Jonathan was made a substantive president for God's sake. Where were activist from SE and SS then?
Soyinka was even outspoken against military govt, he's been in and out of jail for noble causes including biafra when Chinua Achebe ran away.
Get a life dude.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2013
amarral: nobody is perfect. Soyinka should know dat his literary prowess has limitations.by d way Is he into academics or politics.
I wonder
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by hoochay: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2013
bestview: This is a welcome development. Who is Soyenka in the first?

Was he Achebe- the father of modern African literature or Africa's most influential celebrity?

Soyenka should be cut to size by all means necessary, afterward the campus cultism that is the bane of Nigerian universities today is the sole invention of that guy who claim holier than thou.

wat is dix one saying smh

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by pmc01(m): 9:15am On Jul 13, 2013
fkaz: She is an embarrassment to this nation

What a mess!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by PECO4KING(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2013

Soyenka should be cut to size by all means necessary, afterward the campus cultism that is the bane of Nigerian universities today are the product of that guy who claim holier than thou.

Yes ko No ni. I can know see some members of NL are paid by this corrupt politician.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by pek(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2013
whatever the case, what I will love to see is Patience Jonathan vs Soyinka in a live televised argument!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by kuchikau: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2013
olayiwola-aims:
With all this response on prof by fellow NL..I just realise that this country has no where to go than to sink.. Whts d different btw u guyz and PEJ?...and who the hell is PEJ to b talking to a whole Nobel laureate...smh ..
....soyinka na God abi? Stupid idiot.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by najoke: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2013
1wolex85: With most of the responses on this forum, I shiver. I'm really afraid of the future of this country
When soyinka was protesting with bakare to make jonathan president when turai and her ilk refused, he was a good man
When soyinka said he was against the killing of women and children in biafra he was a truthful man
When soyinka blasted buhari, he was a honest man
When soyinka said calling achebe father of african literature was belittling the late prof, he was a jealous man
When soyinka speaks the truth against PEJ, he has diarrhoea of the mouth
SMH for my country!!!
In addition
When bakare protested against turai and her cabal to make jona presido, he was a true man of God
When bakare decided to contest against jonathan, he was NOT a true man of God
When bakare blasted CAN he came back to being a true man of GOD!!! My country, my country!!!
^
Best post on this thread
Ur head correct well well
The truth is bitter......very bitter

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 13, 2013
hahahahah grin grin
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by kuchikau: 9:18am On Jul 13, 2013
olatomiwa: P[color=#000099][/color]ity! This forum has been infliterated by paid publicists from the Presidency. It is soooo obvious
....idiot like u
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by duni04(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2013
tokunboh: I'm shocked at PEJ's audacity to take a swipe at Soyinka!.... This drama is really getting interesting and embarrasing...

Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!
This is just one foolish statement. What's soyinka's crime? Chipping in on national issues like true statesmen do? I just pity patience jonathan, when she eventually falls, it'll be one heck of a fall. I pray she takes her husband down with her.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2013

“During the time of Chief Rufus Ada-George and Dr. Peter Odili as governors, everybody wanted to come to Port Harcourt, which was called the Garden City, but I pray that it will return to what it used to be, so that we and our children can be proud of Port Harcourt,” she said at the wedding reception of Hon. Evans Bipi..

BY PEJ.

Is talking like this not insulting the governor?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by kuchikau: 9:20am On Jul 13, 2013
plaindealer: The pesin wey den won burn dey rub oil for bodi. This woman, her husband and handlers all together no get common sense, they are all cheap jesters with low mentality.

Well, Oga WS and Falana suppose share part of the blame for the sorry mess they burdened Nigerians with by fighting and demonstrating for this national shame and embarrassment called gej to be the president of Nigeria and his illiterate wife the opportunity to keep insulting and disrespecting Nigerians.
...insult your fada,not the president.this is last warning.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by amarral: 9:20am On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: I have observed in recent times that the good old prof has been emotional cry-baby, who will believe that Wole Soyinka, my Hero could commit personality suicide by meddling into every little political squabbles.

Amaechi, we all know his attributes, we also know his weaknesses of hypocrisy and playing the victim even when he is the Super Thug of Rivers State. The video evidence was there for Wole Soyinka to see but he chose to be blind folder by his hate for the first family.

Chinua Achebe will feel disgraced by his good old friend.
I concur
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by segzicres(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2013
I think GEJ n PEJ now know the power nairaland has now when it comes to public media and have invaded it. Imagine all the re-tarded comments saying PEJ is right? WTF! It's only in nigeria this rubbihs is possible. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by bestview: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2013
ocelot2006:

Tell him to go ahead nah. Let's see how it works. Here's my prediction though: it will start and end in Lagos, just like the fuel subsidy protest were everyone ran off when the army was called in.

GBAM..it will start and end in yuroba land. Don't bother to reply that silly old fool next time, since his clownish governor joined the amala politics, he has taken on siding them. Let hime continue because we don't really regard nor reckon on them.

It will not even reach Edo state talk more of getting to Onitsha Bridge. We will send them back with their dirty amala protest. Cowards!!!!!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by gidig(m): 9:22am On Jul 13, 2013
say what will about Prof Soyinka but he had always commented about issues like this and it is not just because the person in question is GEJ. For some of us who gave the president the benefit of doubt because of the circumstances through which he came into power, he has been a big letdown. I will continue to pray for him to find his path to true selfless leadership but for his wife, it is a different matter. When she came to Lagos months ago, I remember how the whole of Akin Adesola from Bar beach to Ajose Adeogun rogh about was closed down. Not even u der the military did anyone display that much disregard for other users of the road. In spite of the complaints and curses, her husband, who was elected by Lagosians did not offer a single apology to purchase goodwill. She has gone on to do the same thing in some other states.

If the leader of a nation cannot control his spouse, Nigeria's many challenges are definitely above him. The quality of people he has surrounded himself to respond to issues are devoid of any form of Grace. From Reuben Abati to Doyin Okupe, they are constantly abusing anyone who disagree with the president.There are strains of such people on online forums too.

However taking on Soyinka is a different kettle of fish. say what you can on nairaland but this comment will be viewed seriously in Aso Rock and I will imagine that people in the Villa will tell GEJ to call his house to order. Not only because WS had been part of negotiations to deal with the Niger Delta but because of his clout internationally. You dont mess with people who dont talk every now and again.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2013
I pity the youths of this generation. When WS was our age he stood against bad government, but it's unfortunate in a faceless forum we can't speak against bad government. WS has paid his prize it's now left for you to choose where you stand in today's Nigeria. But, remember that your time and my time will pass, but our deeds will speak volume of us.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Akell(m): 9:23am On Jul 13, 2013

Soyenka should be cut to size by all means necessary, afterward the campus cultism that is the bane of Nigerian universities today is the sole invention of that guy who claim holier than thou.

The truth of the matter is: you don't live up to your name. it shd be 'bad/ worst view' cus you haven't demonstrated any iota of civility here.
You shd be aware that Soyinka and Achebe are two distinct personalities: Soyinka is the first black man to achieve the nobel laurette. Besides, the one is a public figure while the other is not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

Amaechi Caught Sleeping In Calabar As Buhari Was Commissioning Projects (Pics / Dino Melaye Shows Off His Senatorial Seat After His Victory (photo) / Senator James Manager Kneeling For Ibori (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.