Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together (51495 Views)

Dangote Settles Olamide & Donjazzy Beef, As Olamide Prostrates Before Don- Laila / Davido And Wizkid Performed Together At Rémy Martin Allstar Grand Finale In LAG / Wizkid And Davido Performed Together On Stage, First And Only Time (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by thisismike(m): 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
Adex097: Even weeed smokers and danfo drivers at Lagos garages prostrate...Respect and humility are two different things...IMO
hehehe... Don't mind our funny yoruba Nlers. They shud keep deceiving themselves. Humility ko, prostrate ni.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by babaowo: 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
Chinwem: If he wants to prostrate he should prostrate well.......or is he doing push-ups?
...if there is a little respect like this in your region? there will be no chaos in river state by now.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Built2last: 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
Please will Tinubu prostrate when he meets Obasanjo?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by PeterKbaba: 10:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

Stop talking rubbish. Every tribe has a culture; good or bad. I've had to grovel like that in traditional wedding setting where I can understand its symbolic and tongue-in-cheek, and trust me, I did it with gusto! wink But to have to do it on a daily basis

Culture aside, what sort of person would require younger ones to constantly grovel in front of them to make them feel good and boost their ego? Where has centuries of grovelling got us to in Nigeria?

Because when you show respect for your elders, when you grow old ( you will have people do the same to you )
It's also embedded in us Yoruba's as Omo L(n)oa(h)bi ... Do your research on Hebrew culture based on prostrating and maybe you would understand how significant this is to us. If Wizkid's mother was there and wizkid forgot to do that, the mother will say it out to him " Di oba le " postrate !!!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Adex097: 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
its a pity...
You've really missed a lot.
Yield:

Unfortunately, I'm not in Nigeria, so I don't know what weed smokers and danfo drivers there do. Who said said respect and humility are the same things?
You said so ma"am.

*in yields voice*
"very
respectful and humble
of him".
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Niyomi(m): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
Even if is not a God, God said give honor to who honor is due
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by kala111: 11:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
thisismike:
All u yoruba folks shud sharap. I've lived among u for yrs &i knw d kind of silly "respect" u gv 2ur elders. Wen u postrate out of fear/pretense &as well making jest of tht person. In Igbo we call it "isu imi". Wat's tht in english anyway?
I'll alwaz remain an easterner, believe me sincerely...

Mr Okoro if at all you've stayed in yoruba land for years, yet your instinct still not made you to understand what is called respect, that means, common sense is not common to you.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
Adex097: its a pity...
You've really missed a lot.
You said so ma"am.

*in yields voice*
"very
respectful and humble
of him".

Sigh. Talking to people on NL sometimes is like talking to a brick wall. Just because I used "respectful" and "humble" in the same sentence does not mean that they are synonymous with one another. If I have to be telling you that, you are an idi0t. How slow can someone be?
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
Godswill A Judins:

Am also a yoruba dude so know about the cultures.

If I hear! From your username, I can tell you are not Yoruba! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by SwitnessA(m): 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

Nonsense eye service!

Is sunny Ade a god?
E b lyk say all d elders 4 una family don die ko.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by igboboy1(m): 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
nikky5: Ayo Balogun is not an ibo boy but a true bred son of odua.Imagine if he had been an ibo boy whose culture permits them to call their fathers and mothers by names without any iota of respect.That is our culture.It our pride.Nice one whizkid.

hahahaha LMAO

Although free things should generally be good (for the pocket at least)...Ara-wolowo's free education was not a good idea for you and your ancestors..... Apparently the igbo text book they used to teach you guys about igbo culture was obviously written in igbominaland, Ekiti or is it ibokun, Osun or is it igbonna Osogbo, or is it odigbo, Ondo...

Half baked illiterate wey never commmot im papa house go begin dey talk say na yorouba sophisticated pass, na only yorouba dey nigeria, na only yorouba get culture, na only yorooba go school..mstchew

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Mudash(m): 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
He wan receive KSA blessng
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by blueeyes1: 11:41pm On Jul 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

Stop talking rubbish. Every tribe has a culture; good or bad. I've had to grovel like that in traditional wedding setting where I can understand its symbolic and tongue-in-cheek, and trust me, I did it with gusto! wink But to have to do it on a daily basis

Culture aside, what sort of person would require younger ones to constantly grovel in front of them to make them feel good and boost their ego? Where has centuries of grovelling got us to in Nigeria?
Dude,shut the f?ck up! Quit spilling trash from that cesspit you call a mouth.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by blueeyes1: 11:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Elders that lack self respect like you? *spits*
Choi! Babe u harsh!grin
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by stevecantrell: 12:01am On Jul 17, 2013
DAVIDO would have just got slapped again...not the first slap for him from a 'king'.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by trolling(m): 12:04am On Jul 17, 2013
PeterKbaba:

Because when you show respect for your elders, when you grow old ( you will have people do the same to you )
It's also embedded in us Yoruba's as Omo L(n)oa(h)bi ... Do your research on Hebrew culture based on prostrating and maybe you would understand how significant this is to us. If Wizkid's mother was there and wizkid forgot to do that, the mother will say it out to him " Di oba le " postrate !!!
so tell me something what do you know about the Hebrew culture apart from making obeisance to the elderly
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by nijanigga: 12:08am On Jul 17, 2013
smartchoice: Before nko? We don't breed Bipi's here!
Thank You my brother. Best response. Bipi said Dame Patience my Jesus Christ on earth. All because of "si-si".They've forgotten that humans will be maggots food.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by oluamid(m): 12:11am On Jul 17, 2013
victorv12: Are you guys expecting him to shake his grandfather before? The Yorubas know what respect and culture are all about. You must respect your elders if you want to live long.

Sorry boss, I beg to differ. It is not only Yorubas that know about culture and respect. Each tribe has its own unique culture and way of showing respect and because they don't postrate for elders doesn't mean they lack respect.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:15am On Jul 17, 2013
I like that.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by bumtos(m): 12:22am On Jul 17, 2013
Bomode ba juba agba......
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 17, 2013
Doff_Man:

Nonsense eye service!

Is sunny Ade a god?
Lol... Hahaha... I think you are very insolent and arrogant to mistake respect for worship.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by JOYCEOUS(f): 12:53am On Jul 17, 2013
Dis is one of d reasons i lov d yorubas.....vry respctful.!

Stil cnt stp wishing i ws yoruba!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 17, 2013
Why do ibos suffer from low self esteem,thread reads"yoruba boy postrate for elder"and the next thing their biafran brain could up with was to start rubbishing an already existing culture long b4 lord lugard dicovered the set of humanoids

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by ifihearam: 1:08am On Jul 17, 2013
kini big deal
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by stint(m): 1:10am On Jul 17, 2013
a 22 or 23 year old yoruba young man prostrates to a man who is at least 60 year old and that is front page material? maybe Op knows nothing about the yoruba race.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by ifihearam: 1:10am On Jul 17, 2013
JOYCEOUS: Dis is one of d reasons i lov d yorubas.....vry respctful.!

Stil cnt stp wishing i ws yoruba!

Point of correction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yorubas are not respectful at allllllll,they are only good in eye service and pretense. Its only in yoruba land you will be addressed as "egbon" or "aunty" and still insult you. yeye .

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by stint(m): 1:18am On Jul 17, 2013
wizkid's father would have done the same thing. whats the big deal.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by stint(m): 1:21am On Jul 17, 2013
ifihearam:

Point of correction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yorubas are not respectful at allllllll,they are only good in eye service and pretense. Its only in yoruba land you will be addressed as "egbon" or "aunty" and still insult you. yeye .

well your tribe is better because you just insult your elders to their face without fear or pretence when you are crossed. right? i think i prefer those who show respect to even those they dislike or disagree with.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by kspeed(m): 1:26am On Jul 17, 2013
Chinwem: If he wants to prostrate he should prostrate well.......or is he doing push-ups?

You are a real MUTULA. angry angry angry
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by kspeed(m): 1:29am On Jul 17, 2013
johnstar: taaa, wetn, knw b every yoruba fit do am na, shay ur davido fit do am ni, dat kid undecided

U be TB Joshua nii?how u take know say d young lad no fit do am. D**k head
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by kaze4blues(m): 1:36am On Jul 17, 2013
Good one from wizzy...

Dunno if Davido could also prostrate...
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by pmc01(m): 1:39am On Jul 17, 2013
ceospecial: No! E for Stand shake am... Mtchew! As if u don't know yoruba tradition... Which kind useless thread be this? angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of Nicola Siyo, Ubi Franklin's 3rd Baby Mama / Selena Leath, Runtown's Baby Mama Looking Like Kim Kardashian / The Gift D'banj Received From Bono (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.