Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,775 members, 7,831,494 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together (51500 Views)

Dangote Settles Olamide & Donjazzy Beef, As Olamide Prostrates Before Don- Laila / Davido And Wizkid Performed Together At Rémy Martin Allstar Grand Finale In LAG / Wizkid And Davido Performed Together On Stage, First And Only Time (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by maygah(f): 8:24am On Jul 17, 2013
I love this , the fact that he recognises his fathers in the industry
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by mascot87(m): 8:26am On Jul 17, 2013
solomon111: you are yoruba.
Bloody liar.
No be every indigbo person dey think with them joystick like u na undecided
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 17, 2013
nikky5: Ayo Balogun is not an ibo boy but a true bred son of odua.Imagine if he had been an ibo boy whose culture permits them to call their fathers and mothers by names without any iota of respect.That is our culture.It our pride.Nice one whizkid.
ur d biggest foool i've ever come across on the internet! Dont borther responding cuz aint gonna even visit this tribalistic thread again.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by babsthegreat: 8:27am On Jul 17, 2013
ceospecial: No! E for Stand shake am... Mtchew! As if u don't know yoruba tradition... Which kind useless thread be this? angry angry angry
u are mumu so you don't respect your elders I'm sure u were not born when sunny ade started singing bulldog like u
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by olahero(m): 8:28am On Jul 17, 2013
mr_man: He wants to live long ni.
o gbenu e losohun, he sunny cannot make him lives long but with the power of God! respect is reciprocate☜
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 17, 2013
Wow. Left to me, I would simply shake his hand. I've never prostrated to any human, regardless of their age. I just greet them respectfully, without doing a reasonable impression of polishing the floor.

Still, it's okay for those who are happy with it, I personally wouldn't want anyone to prostrate before me.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 17, 2013
smothly: That's yoruba for you no matter who you are or whatever you are you must pay respect to your elder except the bastard ones,am proud to be a a good and well trained yoruba.

I would say that was uncalled for. You profess to be well trained, yet are so intolerant of the culture of others, to the point of calling them bastards?

SMH.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by JOYCEOUS(f): 8:41am On Jul 17, 2013
mascot87: *Walks in *
*Read all comments*
*See only one indigbo girl (joyceous) out of all indigbos making sense *
* Smh*
*sh*ts on all beefing lads and lass*
*walks out of thread disappointed*

*Pulls him back, givs him a peck*
*whispers in2 his ear*
I am nt ibo n i refuz 2 b,
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by oluamid(m): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2013
ifihearam:

Point of correction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yorubas are not respectful at allllllll,they are only good in eye service and pretense. Its only in yoruba land you will be addressed as "egbon" or "aunty" and still insult you. yeye .

Actually, all tribes do that.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by JOYCEOUS(f): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2013
thorpido: you hear am talk say na god?Leave people culture for dem if u no get.

grin I c u buddy!
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Emmyk(m): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2013
smartchoice: Before nko? We don't breed Bipi's here!
lobatan cheesycheesy
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by LBT: 8:49am On Jul 17, 2013
Doff_Man:

Stop talking rubbish. Every tribe has a culture; good or bad. I've had to grovel like that in traditional wedding setting where I can understand its symbolic and tongue-in-cheek, and trust me, I did it with gusto! wink But to have to do it on a daily basis

Culture aside, what sort of person would require younger ones to constantly grovel in front of them to make them feel good and boost their ego? Where has centuries of grovelling got us to in Nigeria?
So many tribes in Nigeria have most of their culture eroded but that of the Yoruba people are not; I don't know why you people like hating when it comes to Yoruba issues!.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by tobyharwe(m): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2013
he should have gone flat sef.....thats not respectful enough tongue
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Emmyk(m): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2013
Siena:

I would say that was uncalled for. You profess to be well trained, yet are so intolerant of the culture of others, to the point of calling them bastards?

SMH.
just shake! He's talking of the bastards in yoruba culture.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by ddeola: 8:51am On Jul 17, 2013
You will live long
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Emmyk(m): 8:56am On Jul 17, 2013
Siena: Wow. Left to me, I would simply shake his hand. I've never prostrated to any human, regardless of their age. I just greet them respectfully, without doing a reasonable impression of polishing the floor.

Still, it's okay for those who are happy with it, I personally wouldn't want anyone to prostrate before me.
yes sir! Just like you'll consider Belching after eating or Slurping during meal is contemptible. But it's justOkay in some Asian countries...it's a must you do it! We talking culture man. wink

what is acceptable in yours might be frowned at in mine. Vise versa wink
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by oboy3(m): 9:01am On Jul 17, 2013
JOYCEOUS:

*whispers in2 his ear*
anybody beg you to be Ibo?
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 17, 2013
This is really very nice. Very many artistes cannot do this.
I never expected Wizzy to do this. Really good! He should keep it up!
wink
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by rednation: 9:09am On Jul 17, 2013
Sloan:

This must be one of the looneys where they wake up their fathers with a sliding tackle and an upper cut for their mothers! Wetin okoro, ajokuta ma mumi like you would not be scared off when you hear or see anything Yoruba? LWTMB...mega losers! grin grin grin grin
who told you he/she is igbo? Why does anything igbo turn you pple on. Nobody is stopping u pple from prostrating na Haba!!
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 17, 2013
So shall it be in return in dual honor for you wiz.my sons n sons of true honourary men whether yorubas or not but believe in our culture will postrate for u wen due if not even from now.thanks for being a proud n truly a morale for all upcoming yorubas.today a lot of nigerians are fast losing their values and we need to be reminded of that.thank u again wiz.I humbly call on top conglomerate to rebrand n make you a lead ambassador.
Lastly to those who embrace respect to your elders,May your days be long truly-enrich your culture.And for you that don't... remember the words from the gods as well as the Almighty God.Hate or Love him (wizkid) for all he cares but remember he is who he is.as it is emulated by chinese or the indias so as he done me personally proud. Let's love our cultures n uphold them.this is Nigeria to Nigerian for all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by rednation: 9:14am On Jul 17, 2013
thisismike: grin
All u yoruba folks shud sharap. I've lived among u for yrs &i knw d kind of silly "respect" u gv 2ur elders. Wen u postrate out of fear/pretense &as well making jest of tht person. In Igbo we call it "isu imi". Wat's tht in english anyway?
I'll alwaz remain an easterner, believe me sincerely...
. No mind dem na eye service
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by JOYCEOUS(f): 9:15am On Jul 17, 2013
o'boy:
anybody beg you to be Ibo?
Aaah! Dem pienty na.
Kallin me names lyk Ifeoma or Nne
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Skmoda360(m): 9:15am On Jul 17, 2013
slimyem: That not strange at all. Omo yoruba to ni laakaye ni. cool
Greeting elders appropriately is a big deal in our culture and Sunny Ade is more than an elder.. his "grandfather" literarily and in music cool
We get respect for yorubaland na ni......you make a point bro
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by rednation: 9:20am On Jul 17, 2013
ayswags: Why do ibos suffer from low self esteem,thread reads"yoruba boy postrate for elder"and the next thing their biafran brain could up with was to start rubbishing an already existing culture long b4 lord lugard dicovered the set of humanoids
my friend shut that cesspit of a mouth up...Ewu!!
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by perowat: 9:25am On Jul 17, 2013
Doff_Man:

Nonsense eye service!

Is sunny Ade a god?
eyeservice? To me he did the right thing expected of him. He's gradually securing his future in this career
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by sobaemma(m): 9:26am On Jul 17, 2013
dolphinife: Some of our brothers from the eastern part are suffering from Trans-generational idiosyncracy and everlasting stupidity. The topic just wanted to show us a certain Wizkid prostrating for KSA, and what they could see and do is to start abusing and cursing the Yoruba raise. If you people are not that retarded, cnt you just keep quiet and move to the next topic?

If Obama could bend to the middle to greet Queen Elizabeth, then what is the fuss about prostrating? Jealousy is killing you people and the better you know that. As for me, woe betide any of my junior planning to shake me......I dnt take shit irrespective of culture and ethnicity
lol,lwkmd,tell me whats is there to jealous in the yorubas,is it their red oil,or cocoa,or the dirty food,'only in yoruba land that a bady will be stooling and the mum is right there cooking soup,is it wot there to jealous??tell me one tin to jealous abt the yorubas and 4 once i will respect the, for that

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by sobaemma(m): 9:27am On Jul 17, 2013
dolphinife: Some of our brothers from the eastern part are suffering from Trans-generational idiosyncracy and everlasting stupidity. The topic just wanted to show us a certain Wizkid prostrating for KSA, and what they could see and do is to start abusing and cursing the Yoruba raise. If you people are not that retarded, cnt you just keep quiet and move to the next topic?

If Obama could bend to the middle to greet Queen Elizabeth, then what is the fuss about prostrating? Jealousy is killing you people and the better you know that. As for me, woe betide any of my junior planning to shake me......I dnt take shit irrespective of culture and ethnicity
lol,lwkmd,tell me whats is there to jealous in the yorubas,is it their red oil,or cocoa,or the dirty food,'only in yoruba land that a baby will be stooling and the mum is right there cooking soup,is it wot there to jealous??tell me one tin to jealous abt the yorubas and 4 once i will respect them for that
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by enioladeran: 9:34am On Jul 17, 2013
Doff_Man:

Nonsense eye service!

Is sunny Ade a god?

mumucious fellow, the word culture no dey ur dictionary abi
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by mascot87(m): 9:35am On Jul 17, 2013
JOYCEOUS:

*whispers in2 his ear*
*Turns around*
*Refused to accept just a peck*
*Requests for mouth action * angry

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by bheemz(f): 9:53am On Jul 17, 2013
culture demand nah! besides KSA na him grandfather even if wizzy papa meet KSA am sure he ll almost do d same. Wizzy kare omodo-agba wa last!
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by JOYCEOUS(f): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2013
mascot87:
*Turns around*
*Refused to accept just a peck*
*Requests for mouth action * angry

U go wound oooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Gift D'banj Received From Bono (Photos) / Blackface: “Let’s Educate The Illiterate (2Face) As He Leads The Protest” / Selena Leath, Runtown's Baby Mama Looking Like Kim Kardashian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.