Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together (51487 Views)

Dangote Settles Olamide & Donjazzy Beef, As Olamide Prostrates Before Don- Laila / Davido And Wizkid Performed Together At Rémy Martin Allstar Grand Finale In LAG / Wizkid And Davido Performed Together On Stage, First And Only Time (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by kandiikane(m): 1:41am On Jul 17, 2013
slimyem: That not strange at all. Omo yoruba to ni laakaye ni. cool
Greeting elders appropriately is a big deal in our culture and Sunny Ade is more than an elder..[b] his "grandfather" literarily and in music [/b]cool
heh?
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by pmc01(m): 1:50am On Jul 17, 2013
spongeback: This will make FP embarassed

Sad indeed! sad
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Sloan: 2:31am On Jul 17, 2013
JOYCEOUS: Dis is one of d reasons i lov d yorubas.....vry respctful.!

Stil cnt stp wishing i ws yoruba!

You will live long! Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by dayokanu(m): 2:43am On Jul 17, 2013
He is not one of those who wake their father from bed with sliding tackles
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by goodmike7: 3:00am On Jul 17, 2013
dayokanu: He is not one of those who wake their father from bed with sliding tackles

i have seen many yorubas that does that in lagos and you are not even a proper yoruba brought up because you lack respect for elders considering the way you call names especially the president which makes me conclude you have no single repect for your parents because the president is old enough to be your father much more better than him.

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by ifihearam: 3:40am On Jul 17, 2013
goodmike7:

i have seen many yorubas that does that in lagos and you are not even a proper yoruba brought up because you lack respect for elders considering the way you call names especially the president which makes me conclude you have no single repect for your parents because the president is old enough to be your father much more better than him.

Thank you.
pretenders and cowards they are. practice what you preach.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by teric4love(m): 4:00am On Jul 17, 2013
this is the kind of respect i cherich most. Am proud to be a yoruba born boy....thanK God for d life of the two parties。。。。。。。。。

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by adeniyiphemmy(m): 4:11am On Jul 17, 2013
Wizzy knows how to show respect to his elders. Nice one!
Can dis happen lagbole Fuji?
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by mrofficial(m): 4:15am On Jul 17, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Wizkid is just showing respect as his culture demands.

Also respect to a great veteran singer. smiley

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by ozoemeka(m): 4:27am On Jul 17, 2013
Correction, Wizzy knows how to DISPLAY good PR. This will definitely increase his album sales.

Godswill A Judins: Star singer Ayo Balogun aka Wizkid recently displayed the highest level of respect to veteran musician King Sunny Ade, KSA.

This happened in Victoria Island, Lagos about 2 weeks ago as the two are about to perform together on stage at the Ebony TV launch.

Wizzy knows how to show respect to his elders. Nice one!
http://naijagists.com/wizkid-prostrates-to-greet-king-sunny-ade-on-stage-as-they-performed-together-photo/
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Godson201333(m): 4:40am On Jul 17, 2013
mr_man: He wants to live long ni.

Abi na
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by livingstoneony(m): 4:41am On Jul 17, 2013
Doff_Man:

Stop talking rubbish. Every tribe has a culture; good or bad. I've had to grovel like that in traditional wedding setting where I can understand its symbolic and tongue-in-cheek, and trust me, I did it with gusto! wink But to have to do it on a daily basis

Culture aside, what sort of person would require younger ones to constantly grovel in front of them to make them feel good and boost their ego? Where has centuries of grovelling got us to in Nigeria?
very true that's one of the reasons why many young people in nigeria can't say no to their elderly ones when they are wrong and even when the situation at hand is killing- like in the case of the old men and women killing us in the government and making our lives hell on earth. We do nothing but pray and hope we will be like them someday when we could actually change our positions in life. I believe culture and religion are the causes of backwardness in this country.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by machiefdaspan(m): 4:53am On Jul 17, 2013
thats shows his humble :Dthats shows his humble
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Sike(m): 5:08am On Jul 17, 2013
Nothing strange. He did what anybody else could have done.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by fridayJ1(m): 5:10am On Jul 17, 2013
!Thumbs up!
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by tintingz(m): 5:12am On Jul 17, 2013
dolphinife: I dnt knw d reason why someone will put on shirt and trouser, u still fold the shirt to ur ankle, you now crown it with heavy chain....this wizkid of a thing is suffering from youthful exuberance....WTF
are you that old that you don't know what fashion is?? Don't you think he might be sweating...

What's your point exactly??
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by GodswillAJudins(m): 5:34am On Jul 17, 2013
finally on front page.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by GodswillAJudins(m): 5:38am On Jul 17, 2013
ArQueBusieR:

Are you by any chance related to certain a pastor Joshua?

lol this one name him pickin in na
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by GodswillAJudins(m): 5:53am On Jul 17, 2013
LU-PUNNY Media:

If I hear! From your username, I can tell you are not Yoruba! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

am Godswill Adeshina
half Yoruba have delta Igbo
the Judins means Chukujindu(Delta Igbo)
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by ecosanders: 5:57am On Jul 17, 2013
ceospecial: No! E for Stand shake am... Mtchew! As if u don't know yoruba tradition... Which kind useless thread be this? angry angry angry
i tire 4 dem o, did u xpect him 2 shake KSA? He is Yoruba, n dats hw he is suppose 2 greet any Elder, just lik an Hausa man wil squart 2 greet their Elders, Igbo nko, hw una dey do am?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by realkola: 6:08am On Jul 17, 2013
You don't have to live with Us for many years pls go back to your Erosion ridden EAST.na today
thisismike:
All u yoruba folks shud sharap. I've lived among u for yrs &i knw d kind of silly "respect" u gv 2ur elders. Wen u postrate out of fear/pretense &as well making jest of tht person. In Igbo we call it "isu imi". Wat's tht in english anyway?
I'll alwaz remain an easterner, believe me sincerely...

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by mascot87(m): 6:09am On Jul 17, 2013
*Walks in *
*Read all comments*
*See only one indigbo girl (joyceous) out of all indigbos making sense *
* Smh*
*sh*ts on all beefing lads and lass*
*walks out of thread disappointed*

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by nolio(m): 6:17am On Jul 17, 2013
Ehe.. Make i cry angryEhe.. Make i cry
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by nolio(m): 6:17am On Jul 17, 2013
Ehe.. Make i cry
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by akpomeme(m): 6:29am On Jul 17, 2013
Stai Boi collecting blessings from elders while others are rushing out to go international for cheap publicity.
This Jiaye Boy is home grown. At 23 he is this wise. Respect to the smart young dude.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by bankbened: 6:32am On Jul 17, 2013
he just need to postrate, that is not new, a good and well trained child will postrate and greet elders in yoruba culture....KSA is a King in music industry, get that
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Adex097: 6:33am On Jul 17, 2013
Yield:

Sigh. Talking to people on NL sometimes is like talking to a brick wall. Just because I used "respectful" and "humble" in the same sentence does not mean that they are synonymous with one another. If I have to be telling you that, you are an idi0t. How slow can someone be?
then you are a bigger slow poke for not knwing wen someone is just being sarcastic.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by domdolly2050(f): 6:40am On Jul 17, 2013
Eye service! will he do that to an average old man he meet on d street
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Smooyis(m): 6:48am On Jul 17, 2013
livingstoneony:
very true that's one of the reasons why many young people in nigeria can't say no to their elderly ones when they are wrong and even when the situation at hand is killing- like in the case of the old men and women killing us in the government and making our lives hell on earth. We do nothing but pray and hope we will be like them someday when we could actually change our positions in life. I believe culture and religion are the causes of backwardness in this country.
No. It is sin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tope Adeniji Celebrates Her Birthday At Silverbird (Photos) / Selena Leath, Runtown's Baby Mama Looking Like Kim Kardashian / Photos Of Kehinde Bankole And Bolanle Ninalowo On Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.