Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" (65906 Views)

See Hilarious Reply Of Obahiagbon To Mourinho's Sacking / APC Letter To Patience Jonathan / Possible Reaction from Patrick Obahiagbon's To Obasanjo's And Daughter's Letters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by temmytboi(m): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hon.Patrick Obahiagbon tweeted this in the early hours of today

https://twitter.com/PObahiagbon/status/356205503619149824

14 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by temmytboi(m): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
This battle is getting fiercer in My Opinion!! Imagine two Renowned Grammarians taking a swipe at you! PEJ is finished..

87 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by ceospecial(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
shocked If PEJ values her life and her husband's, let her no just talk or else.... That's all

8 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by iamtheprincipal: 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2013
PEJ has got no moral justification to call a renowned scholar of the status of distinguished & erudite Professor Wole Soyinka "an embarrassment...". PEJ is an absolute disgrace to this nation, to womanhood and to the world at large...Idiot!

365 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by 9jaIhail(m): 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2013
iamtheprincipal: PEJ has got no moral justification to call a renowned scholar of the status of distinguished & erudite Professor Wole Soyinka "an embarrassment...". PEJ is an absolute disgrace to this nation, to womanhood and to the world at large...Idiot!

See, most of you reason like slaves.. So shoyinka has moral justification to insult someones wife? What you expected of her is to keep shut and not to take on the old man who failed to address her with respect?

I pray your fellow man slap your wife before your eyes so you could see what will be your wife reaction. Only if you are a man.

165 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

See, most of you reason like slaves.. So shoyinka has moral justification to insult someones wife? What you expected of her is to keep shut and not to take on the old man who failed to address her with respect?

I pray your fellow man slept your wife before your eyes so you could see what will be your wife reaction. Only if you are a man.

Bro the issue at hand is not about being someones wife...Wole Soyinka is someones Grand Dad if that is the angle you want to take on this Issue....the issue is addressing the fault to the call and not introducing respect of position as a woman..Soyinka has always spoken loud for Nigerians and this wasnt an exception, you need to educate yourself more bro.

304 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

I pray your fellow man slept your wife before your eyes so you could see what will be your wife reaction. Only if you are a man.

Where did the Prof insult the woman...you GEJ apologists can lie!

Shameless liars! Obviously you too have a problem with the English that the Prof deployed in addressing the woman.

148 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by kokoA(m): 3:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

My friend, wole did not "insult someone's wife", he criticised his country's first lady. There is no law anywhere that says you can't say your mind on a public issue involving a public figure.

104 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by 9jaIhail(m): 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

Bro the issue at hand is not about being someones wife...Wole Soyinka is someones Grand Dad if that is the angle you want to take on this Issue....the issue is addressing the fault to the call and not introducing respect of position as a woman..Soyinka has always spoken loud for Nigerians and this wasnt an exception, you need to educate yourself more bro.

Soyinka to me remain the only yoruba man alive i respect, for the fact that i respect him was the reason i felt so disappointed with the way he descended so low with the name calling with GEJ wife.. What stop him addressing the issue at hand without asking the woman to be a lady before being a first lady.. Now we the admirers of prof expected the woman not to react? Hello bro i am not a hypocrites, i refused to side prof on this.

52 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Tolexander: 3:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
Let PEJ catch you(obahiagbon), your wife will be among my fellow widow, when your manhood continues to live on because what she will do to you will make you to rather die than to commit suicide. She thought that you and Wole soyinka are good people like my husband and sambo is a good people. In fact, who are you to bring me to the issue of the problem those children caused in my state's house of assembly last week? Amechi and his state's assembly are children, the president was once a child and also the senators were once a children.
Soyinka said i should be a lady before being a first lady. FYI, am a big lady and a mother cos a good mother takes care of his children.
Everybody knows what my effort is, please don't mind them, vote umblerra and press your finger for umblerra cos it won't be easy for PDP to carry second in a competition like this

439 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by softwareman(m): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

I pray your fellow man slap your wife before your eyes so you could see what will be your wife reaction. Only if you are a man.
MY WIFE IS A REAL LADY AND WOULD NEVER DESCENDTO PEJ'S CRASS LEVEL. SHE TOOK PROF'S ADVICE NEGATIVELY. BY TALKING BACK RUDELY SHE PROVES SHE IDOES'NT CARE HOW MANY ENEMIES SHE MAKES FOR HER HUSBAND.

32 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by 9jaIhail(m): 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
ilugunboy:

Where did the Prof insult the woman...you GEJ apologists can lie!

Shameless liars! Obviously you too have a problem with the English that the Prof deployed in addressing the woman.

Hello jackass, go through my posts then come back and call me PDP or APC member. I love prof than yourself, but i will not lick his ass when he fail on his duty.

As an elder state man and activist, i expected prof to be fair and constructive not name calling. How dare you ask me where did prof insulted the woman? Are you blind or is there no electricity in your house while reading the prof statement? First, be A lady before being A first lady? Indirectly, respected prof is insulting our president if you are too daft to comprehend.

As for the error in my first post. You can equally make same mistake but if you are a perfect man, then i wish you a happy sunday.

29 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by 9jaIhail(m): 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2013
software man:
MY WIFE IS A REAL LADY AND WOULD NEVER DESCENDTO PEJ'S CRASS LEVEL. SHE TOOK PROF'S ADVICE NEGATIVELY. BY TALKING BACK RUDELY SHE PROVES SHE IDOES'NT CARE HOW MANY ENEMIES SHE MAKES FOR HER HUSBAND.

But you agree with me prof wasn't right to use such language to another man's wife. I don't want to begin to see prof as a woman bully.I hate men that bullies ladies or considered them less important, that is African men mentality, i suppose prof should know better and chose his words carefully.

9 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
yes, I have said it severally that this professor was one of those who fought publicly for PEJ and her husband to be enthroned and she should not expect him to clap for her if, he felt that she is acting foolishly. God that gave her second chance after her "DEATH in Germany" did so on purpose, but if she thought that now, she is ''on top of the situation of the country as the madam on the top'', she should remember that the END of that second chance may be BRUTAL. I pray it will not happen to that extent,sha

12 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Amoshie(m): 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
Like this if you dont know what the post is talking about.

6 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by redcliff: 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
temmytboi: This battle is getting fiercer in My Opinion!! Imagine two Renowned Grammarians taking a swipe at you! PEJ is finished..

[size=14pt]Please Patrick is not a grammarian, that guy is speaking 15th century greek english [/size]

10 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by sandysprax(m): 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by sandysprax(m): 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
What if Prof. Wole Soyinka & Hon Patrick Obiahagbon engages PEJ in a debate live on CNN for instance? *Daydreaming...*

6 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by blinkinzed: 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
born without a silver spoon
little children listen to ur parent
we re leaders of tomoro
try to pay ur school fees
i don forget the rest

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Ajibel(m): 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
I hail o. Just d statement of a Prof is what is causing a heat in d nation. Chai!!!

2 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by sambos994(m): 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
Here we go.....

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Vansnickers: 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Do you know what the word "insult" means? How is asking a woman to act like a Lady an Insult?! Dude, get an education!

39 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by johnstar(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
ceospecial: shocked If PEJ values her life and her husband's, let her no just talk or else.... That's all
she self knw go 1 try am cheesy
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by braine(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hehehe
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Policewoman(f): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
Is it because they are both Lettered grammarians that they will be intimidating this woman? That's unfair.

2 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by FRDChickenisha: 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
Famous PEJ Quotes

1. My Husband and Sambo is a good people

2. The President was once a Child and the Senators were once a Children

3. My Fellow Widows

4. A Good Mother takes care of his Children

5. The people sitting before you here were once a Children

6. Yes we are all happy for the effort,it is not easy to carry second in an international competition like this one – Addressing Press men after Female Under 19 Fifa World Cup

7. The Bombers who born them?wasn’t it not a woman? They were once a Children now a adult now they are bombing women and children making some children a widow

8. My Heart feels sorry for these Children who have become Widows by losing their Parents for one reason or another

9. We should have love for our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their NATIONALITY?

10. vote UMBLERRA and press your finger for UMBLERRA .

11. We all have HIV. Some Negative, some positive

12. I rather kill myself dan commit suicide

13. My Husband Is The Best Couple On Earth

87 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by emmydee(m): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
@9ja-i-hail
[quote
So shoyinka has moral justification to insult someones wife? [/quote]

Prof. did not insult Mrs. Jonathan. He only advised her on d best practices as d mother of d nation.
Now,if u earn ur livelihood through ur association with Mrs. Jonathan, that should not erode ur entire sense of good reasoning,ok.

16 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by devour129: 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

if you bring out your legs outside you will be thoroughly insulted . If my husband go outside and mess himself up I wil just leave him to his faith( which I no he can't do neither will I do anything that will force my hubby to come out and defend me).she got what she deserved shameless woman.

7 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Delafruita(m): 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

this is idiotic.the moment goodluck jonathan became president of nigeria,he lost the privilege of been a private citizen.every citizen has the right to commend or condemn his actions or inactions as they deem fit.one of those inactions is his inability or perhaps unwillingness to rein his wife who has decided to poo on the democracy people like wole soyinka gave their freedom for.the same soyinka that was incarcerated for advocating on behalf of biafra.

the same wole soyinka who didnt keep his mouth shut when abacha was murdering the bagauda kaltho's of this world.the same soyinka who didnt shut his mouth when obasanjo was in power,it is only a child,a nincompoop or an outrightly ignorant person that will expect that wole soyinka to shut up simply because dame petience jonathan is another man's wife notwithstanding the fact that the "another man's wife" has decided to create an insignia for the office of the first lady which is unconstituition.

that wife has decided to take it upon herself to loot billions to build herself choice properties and hotels.that wife is chaffeured around in vehucles paid for by taxpayers and guarded by security agencies who will better serve the nation fighting insurgency and crimes.i dare say wole soyinka's remarks were spot on...she should learn to be a lady first before calling herself a first lady

108 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Afrocatalyst: 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Fayose: Zenith Bank Officials Kneeling To Beg / IGP Adamu Orders Arrest Of Sunday Igboho Over Eviction Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.