Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" (65908 Views)

See Hilarious Reply Of Obahiagbon To Mourinho's Sacking / APC Letter To Patience Jonathan / Possible Reaction from Patrick Obahiagbon's To Obasanjo's And Daughter's Letters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by babyhrt(m): 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
The fact that Soyinka is an elder n a scholar does nt mean dat he can just make unfounded allegations n dnt get response...d last time I checked,Soyinka does nt blong to any of d country's securitu outfits,he does nt live in Rivers...so wht was d source of his assertion abt d first lady havin a hand in the crises in Rivers...if soyinka's wife is a mere domestic appendage,PEJ is nt.

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by drauj(m): 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
grin
temmytboi: This battle is getting fiercer in My Opinion!! Imagine two Renowned Grammarians taking a swipe at you! PEJ is finished..
I dey run b4 PEJ fire wole n oba. grin
temmytboi: This battle is getting fiercer in My Opinion!! Imagine two Renowned Grammarians taking a swipe at you! PEJ is finished..
I dey run b4 PEJ fire wole n oba. grin
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: intellectuals show of shame.
Obahiagbon and Wole Soyinka.
You would know. Pttf!
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by atlwireles: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
stantob: No blames for her.I blame O.B.J who systematically brought a man without no leadership capabilities to power.Who is PEJ if not for the corrupt system in Nigeria.

So all your coup plotters were leaders, yet left you an armpit for a Nation?

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by demsy21(m): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
DailyNews: I am very certain that all of you criticizing Dame Patience can't even stand in a public gathering and make a complete sentence without pissing in your pants. No problem....just have it in mind that you and others criticizing Jonathan and his wife can't change the fact that they are Nigeria's number one couple and family, live with it cheesy

The guy is blessed, and trying to bring down a divinely favored man can bring divine wrath on you, so desist from cursing or abusing Jonathan if you desire to progress in life, be warned!!!

so to u PEJ is ur destiny ok never mind total disillusionment
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by batstan(m): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lets just send this unfor......first family back to their creek. Drunken fisherfamily
grin

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Articul8(m): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Hello jackass, go through my posts then come back and call me PDP or APC member. I love prof than yourself, but i will not lick his ass when he fail on his duty.

As an elder state man and activist, i expected prof to be fair and constructive not name calling. How dare you ask me where did prof insulted the woman? Are you blind or is there no electricity in your house while reading the prof statement? First, be A lady before being A first lady? Indirectly, respected prof is insulting our president if you are too daft to comprehend.

As for the error in my first post. You can equally make same mistake but if you are a perfect man, then i wish you a happy sunday.

Pls how else could you have put that which Wole said? As a literate,u have to read in between the lines and see beyond the name calling. Being a lady first before a first lady isn't an insult.That was only to call the edgy woman to order.
U may want to put that in a better phrase if u can.'Be a lady first before a first lady'
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Chility(m): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

See, most of you reason like slaves.. So shoyinka has moral justification to insult someones wife? What you expected of her is to keep shut and not to take on the old man who failed to address her with respect?

I pray your fellow man slap your wife before your eyes so you could see what will be your wife reaction. Only if you are a man.
God bless u,who does he think he (wole soyinka and Obiaghbon)is,they should go and sleep inside d soakaway
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
devour129: if you bring out your legs outside you will be thoroughly insulted . If my husband go outside and mess himself up I wil just leave him to his faith( which I no he can't do neither will I do anything that will force my hubby to come out and defend me).she got what she deserved shameless woman.

Look at this one! Women like you who publicly defend their husband are same who cry every day in the four walls of their bedroom. You call another Man's wife shameless and you want us to believe you are a responsible woman...Na today!

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
atlwireles:

So all your coup plotters were leaders, yet left you an armpit for a Nation?
have you forgotten that OBJ, Buhari, IBB, Abacha and Abdulsalami are better than Abraham Lincoln cheesy cheesy Fools, don't mind them....soon, they will have that their dream president, maybe Malam El Rufai, Fashola or Buhari shocked shocked
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by 9jaIhail(m): 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
P.Stacks:

Are u saying its ok, PEJ keeps taking on men and should get away with it..

Most'a dis thing started when PEJ took on Amechi in public.. Amechi bottled up that Anger, he was obviously going to explode someday..
PEJ has taken on a Prof again,
Who knows who next she'l take on!

PEJ and GEJ would be coming down from the Presidential Jet and its PEJ that comes out first to wave, meanwhile when Airforce 1 landed in Senegal, South Africa and Tanzania, Obama was the first to come out and wave B4 Michelle and their wonderful daughters..

Is the office of the First lady constitutional..

Was Fati Abubakar not a First lady too?
Was Maryam Babangida not a first lady too?
Was Maryam Abacha not a first lady too?
Even Turai Yar'adua did more as a first lady but managed not to incure the anger of the electorate..

This is Africa.. We are still fighting for gender equality and havnt achieved it yet, only to have women standing to men, very soon, women would tell me to take the back seat or relegate men to the kitchen..

Prime minster of Australia Julia Gilard had to face the music not too long ago, cos it wasn't easy as a woman dominating what is percieved to be men's world..

Have you forgotten Amechi is someone's husband, how do you want Amechi's wife to feel when a Woman like her scolds her own husband in public.
The issues are clear..

Patience visited Rivers state.
Bipi said Patience is her Jesus christ on earth.
Bipi is at the heart of the crisis

This is simple logic and Professor didn't need a soothsayer to tell him where some of this bad blood would hav emanated from..

Pls let's get facts right.

Let's stop chasing shadows while the substance is there unattended to..

Look, i decided to retreat a bit on this argument having stated my point clearly without bias, but your points caught my attention. Is it ok for men to continue bullying her because her husband is not an ex military dictator? You Nigerians do not know when God answered your prayers.

Y'all had been crying about dictatorship under all the past presidents of Nigeria both military or civilian president. Now God answered the prayer by giving us GEJ who is democrat by nature, everyone started flexing political muscle taking the president democratic nature as weakness.

My pray to y'all is may God give you Nebuchadnezzar as president. Ingrate kids

3 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Articul8(m): 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

But you agree with me prof wasn't right to use such language to another man's wife. I don't want to begin to see prof as a woman bully.I hate men that bullies ladies or considered them less important, that is African men mentality, i suppose prof should know better and chose his words carefully.

Sir! There is no gender in politics. If the woman has chosen to play the man's role,please let her be addressed as such.No sentiment.We all know this woman is playing in Nigeria's politics. She deserves it.
She wants to be known,so she should live with what ever comes with it
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by DIVINE78: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
oxford: Wole is an old fool. He cant even win speech and prize giving day award again
Have u taken your drugs today?

4 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Akinsz: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Delafruita:
this is idiotic.the moment goodluck jonathan became president of nigeria,he lost the privilege of been a private citizen.every citizen has the right to commend or condemn his actions or inactions as they deem fit.one of those inactions is his inability or perhaps unwillingness to rein his wife who has decided to poo on the democracy people like wole soyinka gave their freedom for.the same soyinka that was incarcerated for advocating on behalf of biafra.

the same wole soyinka who didnt keep his mouth shut when abacha was murdering the bagauda kaltho's of this world.the same soyinka who didnt shut his mouth when obasanjo was in power,it is only a child,a nincompoop or an outrightly ignorant person that will expect that wole soyinka to shut up simply because dame petience jonathan is another man's wife notwithstanding the fact that the "another man's wife" has decided to create an insignia for the office of the first lady which is unconstituition.

that wife has decided to take it upon herself to loot billions to build herself choice properties and hotels.that wife is chaffeured around in vehucles paid for by taxpayers and guarded by security agencies who will better serve the nation fighting insurgency and crimes.i dare say wole soyinka's remarks were spot on...she should learn to be a lady first before calling herself a first lady
[[[gbam]]]
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by konami001: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
DIVINE78:
Have u taken your drugs today?

I doubt

2 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by obizy1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lmao PEG sori ya
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
FRDChickenisha: Famous PEJ Quotes

1. My Husband and Sambo is a good people

2. The President was once a Child and the Senators were once a Children

3. My Fellow Widows

4. A Good Mother takes care of his Children

5. The people sitting before you here were once a Children

6. Yes we are all happy for the effort,it is not easy to carry second in an international competition like this one – Addressing Press men after Female Under 19 Fifa World Cup

7. The Bombers who born them?wasn’t it not a woman? They were once a Children now a adult now they are bombing women and children making some children a widow

8. My Heart feels sorry for these Children who have become Widows by losing their Parents for one reason or another

9. We should have love for our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their NATIONALITY?

10. vote UMBLERRA and press your finger for UMBLERRA .

11. We all have HIV. Some Negative, some positive

12. I rather kill myself dan commit suicide

13. My Husband Is The Best Couple On Earth
did dame patience actually say all these?
I can't believe she did.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by nneh1(f): 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

See, most of you reason like slaves.. So shoyinka has moral justification to insult someones wife? What you expected of her is to keep shut and not to take on the old man who failed to address her with respect?

I pray your fellow man slap your wife before your eyes so you could see what will be your wife reaction. Only if you are a man.
. To my own understanding wole did not insult PEJ. He obseverd something and let it out. Be a lady before being a first lady. It's just an advice.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by cannonnier(m): 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
Van snickers:

Do you know what the word "insult" means? How is asking a woman to act like a Lady an Insult?! Dude, get an education!
Guys we are not in a court room, this is an insult period.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by nduchucks: 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
GEJ and his wife are in over their heads. If anyone is an embarrassment it would be Patience and GEJ - a simple google search would reveal this fact.

GEJ and Patience need to leave peacefully and let competent people run our country. Frankly I don't give a damn if the next President is from GEJ's village as long as the embarrassment he and his wife continue to bring to the country stops. This is becoming unbearable.

As for Asari, I remind the fool that he is not immune to being permanently silenced by being thrown in jail or other means. mumu
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
All I did was to like the posts of those who spoke my mind for it is clear to the sane-minded where the only agbero in asorock is heading lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by nneh1(f): 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
babyhrt: The fact that Soyinka is an elder n a scholar does nt mean dat he can just make unfounded allegations n dnt get response...d last time I checked,Soyinka does nt blong to any of d country's securitu outfits,he does nt live in Rivers...so wht was d source of his assertion abt d first lady havin a hand in the crises in Rivers...if soyinka's wife is a mere domestic appendage,PEJ is nt.
. I better be a mere domestic appendage than a doctorate degree holder and voice out jagoon.why is it that whenever PEJ is about to talk everybody is scared? Error is inevitable.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Kckelly: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2013
i really do not see the reason why most of you are here wasting your precious time opposing and defending the comments made by these two persons. may we employ our time in deliberating on things that are of more economic importance than this.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Hello jackass, go through my posts then come back and call me PDP or APC member. I love prof than yourself, but i will not lick his ass when he fail on his duty.

As an elder state man and activist, i expected prof to be fair and constructive not name calling. How dare you ask me where did prof insulted the woman? Are you blind or is there no electricity in your house while reading the prof statement? First, be A lady before being A first lady? Indirectly, respected prof is insulting our president if you are too daft to comprehend.

As for the error in my first post. You can equally make same mistake but if you are a perfect man, then i wish you a happy sunday.

Ode! You are the only one trying to pin insult to the advice that the Prof gave...she is lucky that a well exposed and highly respectful person like WS is the the person involved.

The blind support for GEJ re election bid and to see anything that will harm or injure such expectation of opportunistic people like you lots is blinding you to make enemies where there is no enemy.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
ArQueBusieR(m): 4:58pm

You would knows. Pttf!

Grammarian. fancy dat error. daft!
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Look, i decided to retreat a bit on this argument having stated my point clearly without bias, but your points caught my attention. Is it ok for men to continue bullying her because her husband is not an ex military dictator? You Nigerians do not know when God answered your prayers.

Y'all had been crying about dictatorship under all the past presidents of Nigeria both military or civilian president. Now God answered the prayer by giving us GEJ who is democrat by nature, everyone started flexing political muscle taking the president democratic nature as weakness.

My pray to y'all is may God give you Nebuchadnezzar as president. Ingrate kids
May God bless you and your wisdom! Nigeria has remained in darkness because we don't even know what we want. Nigerians don't even have a mission, in fact, past military dictators impoverished Nigerians so much that only few Nigerians still have their thinking faculty in place, so sad.

Whenever I see Nigerians clap, cheer and celebrate OBJ when he goes on media to mock himself and the gullible-Nigerians, I weep for Nigeria.

Mustapha got discharged, all Nigerians starts to celebrate, but they are same people shouting- KILL HIM! KILL HIM! a few years back, but right now, they have all forgotten their sorrows and the pains the past military guys inflicted upon Nigerians to the extent Nigerian youths began to scatter all over the world in search of greener pastures amidst natural wealth that belongs to all....we forgot how the military guys looted Nigeria's national treasury just for the comfort of their families and their chosen friends...we forgot the murders, the killings, the international image-tarnishing those past leaders brought upon this so-called nation...and yet, we can't thank God for sending a good man, a kind man with kind heart to us.

Honestly, Nigerians are indirectly invoking the wrath of God upon themselves with the ill-treatment and insults they keep giving to Jonathan and his family...and I pray the consequences of their evil attitudes not affect me, my family and generation. May God vindicate me..my hands are never involved.

2 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by danchuzzy(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
redcliff:

[size=14pt]Please Patrick is not a grammarian, that guy is speaking 15th century greek english [/size]

Greek English Mehn ma ears are full

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by olawalemanog: 5:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Haba! And you want us to believe you are educated? Meen, i am short of words for you. Na wa o!
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by 9jaIhail(m): 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
Articul8:

Sir! There is no gender in politics. If the woman has chosen to play the man's role,please let her be addressed as such.No sentiment.We all know this woman is playing in Nigeria's politics. She deserves it.
She wants to be known,so she should live with what ever comes with it

The same way prof deserve whatever response she gave to him right? Case closed, now everyone should go and sleep the argument is over.

If the woman deserve whatever insult she got, shoyinka or whoever comes her way deserve whatever manner she responded to him. NO BODY IS ABOVE INSULT.

3 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by OdaNobunaga(m): 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
FRDChickenisha: Famous PEJ Quotes

1. My Husband and Sambo is a good people

2. The President was once a Child and the Senators were once a Children

3. My Fellow Widows

4. A Good Mother takes care of his Children

5. The people sitting before you here were once a Children

6. Yes we are all happy for the effort,it is not easy to carry second in an international competition like this one – Addressing Press men after Female Under 19 Fifa World Cup

7. The Bombers who born them?wasn’t it not a woman? They were once a Children now a adult now they are bombing women and children making some children a widow

8. My Heart feels sorry for these Children who have become Widows by losing their Parents for one reason or another

9. We should have love for our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their NATIONALITY?

10. vote UMBLERRA and press your finger for UMBLERRA .

11. We all have HIV. Some Negative, some positive

12. I rather kill myself dan commit suicide

13. My Husband Is The Best Couple On Earth
Wots the meaning of this? You should hear some high govt officials in developed countries express themselves in english. So long as you 're able to communicate

2 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by cashkid: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
[quote author=9ja_I_hail]

Y'all had been crying about dictatorship under all the past presidents of Nigeria both military or civilian president. Now God answered the prayer by giving us GEJ who is democrat by nature, ever so dat u n ur family can suffer. u are d craziest being i av ever seen with dat ur senseless statement. if u dnt av smtin ud to say, u beta go and hide ur crazy head sm1 if na jonathan dey put fud for ur family's table.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Afroconnect: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Soyinka is irritated with the whole episode.PEJ is stepping out of her boundaries,she should not show to the whole world that she controls her husband.Soyinka is 100% correct.and she is dead wrong Soyinka's admirers hold him in higher esteem now than ever.
Someone should tell PEJ that Nigerian politics is not her home front,she has no right to take decisions that affects our political space,we Nigerians did not give her that power,she can not take it by force.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Fayose: Zenith Bank Officials Kneeling To Beg / IGP Adamu Orders Arrest Of Sunday Igboho Over Eviction Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.