Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" (65910 Views)

See Hilarious Reply Of Obahiagbon To Mourinho's Sacking / APC Letter To Patience Jonathan / Possible Reaction from Patrick Obahiagbon's To Obasanjo's And Daughter's Letters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by 9jaIhail(m): 11:19am On Jul 15, 2013
Acidosis:

The same dunderhead man will make you fall flat on his bed with his wealth..

I understand your emotions though...

Your name is Afolabi, right?

Whats the distance from your village to Soyinka's home town??

...and I hope the old professor of poetry and stage drama has initiated you into his confraternity?

Thank you for being smart and reasonable bruv. I said something similar yesterday. Only those trying hard to justify sonyika reckless statement are either misguided yorubas or APC followers .
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 15, 2013
cool4ny:

I will be seriously concern if average Nigerians are thinking like you. We the people of Nigeria employed GEJ and he is "working" for us.
Why should I even agree with you?? undecided . . .You didn't employ GEJ, there's a huge difference between 'employ' and 'elect', no matter how it seems to fit in. You elected him!
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by debbleopto: 11:27am On Jul 15, 2013
olagamalin:
What Else can be Said...God Bless you

most of the times, history is very important. It gives us the root of things to show us their nature. The two main figures were very notable in abusive language. 1. when Jonathan was filling PDP form in 2010. he was abusing some elders in PDP. 2. PEG really abuse Silva bayelsa gov. even thou they begged her seriously. you can call that a lady. 3. Jonathan abuse all the south west leaders (including the octogenarian and above) calling the RASCALS. and so on and so on. as much as Obama and Michelle are criticized, have you been hearing their reply? His case is similar to Saul Israel first king who was humble at the beggining and later became so wicked that he want to kill small David by all means It is just a matter of 1 year and some months and we graduate from their school of embarrassment. God will answer the prayers of Nigerians. AAAAmen

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by wayodude(m): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
FRDChickenisha: Famous PEJ Quotes

1. My Husband and Sambo is a good people

2. The President was once a Child and the Senators were once a Children

3. My Fellow Widows

4. A Good Mother takes care of his Children

5. The people sitting before you here were once a Children

6. Yes we are all happy for the effort,it is not easy to carry second in an international competition like this one – Addressing Press men after Female Under 19 Fifa World Cup

7. The Bombers who born them?wasn’t it not a woman? They were once a Children now a adult now they are bombing women and children making some children a widow

8. My Heart feels sorry for these Children who have become Widows by losing their Parents for one reason or another

9. We should have love for our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their NATIONALITY?

10. vote UMBLERRA and press your finger for UMBLERRA .

11. We all have HIV. Some Negative, some positive

12. I rather kill myself dan commit suicide

13. My Husband Is The Best Couple On Earth

Now the penny has finally dropped...this woman is YUZEDO!! shocked cheesy
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by ddeola: 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
Her English "fribmavertibrataited" her . O'l boy, I dey speak grama o. lol... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by aliya247(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

But you agree with me prof wasn't right to use such language to another man's wife. I don't want to begin to see prof as a woman bully.I hate men that bullies ladies or considered them less important, that is African men mentality, i suppose prof should know better and chose his words carefully.
prof is another woman's husband
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Jacobee(m): 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Soyinka to me remain the only yoruba man alive i respect, for the fact that i respect him was the reason i felt so disappointed with the way he descended so low with the name calling with GEJ wife.. What stop him addressing the issue at hand without asking the woman to be a lady before being a first lady.. Now we the admirers of prof expected the woman not to react? Hello bro i am not a hypocrites, i refused to side prof on this.
Sorry i am nt insulting u bt u shld ve undastood his statement b4 deciding wheda it is an insult or nt
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by tbanger(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
folabim: Am very happy with the responses am getting from the right thinking nairalanders, am highly elated. Except for some fools who cannot think like a normal humanbeing, they have their brains in their shoes just like Mama PEJ and the dunderhead man called Jonah. I will continue to say this, that woman is letdown and a disgrace to womanhood and this nation.

Shame on the breasts that gave you suck for this comment.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by JamesLucia: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
[quote
author=Tolexander]Let PEJ catch you(obahiagbon), your wife will be among
my fellow widow, when your manhood continues to live on
because what she will do to you will make you to rather die than to
commit suicide
. She thought that you and Wole soyinka are good
people like my husband and sambo is a good people. In fact, who
are you to bring me to the issue of the problem those children caused in
my state's house of assembly last week? Amechi and his state's assembly
are children, the president was once a child and also the senators
were once a children
Soyinka said i should be a lady before being a first lady. FYI, am a big
lady and a mother cos a good mother takes care of his children.
Everybody knows what my effort is, please don't mind them, vote
umblerra and press your finger for umblerra
cos it won't be easy
for PDP to carry second in a competition like this

[/quote]

u will not break my belly wt laughter OMG she can't mk such mistakes.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by tbanger(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
frankyychiji: I have aired my views abt d aged pal's display of elderly rascality on different fora online! The man is in d rebbelious opposition. His son is a commissioner in ogun state! Amaechi is his broda in d brotherhood! Therefore d guy has licence to a diaorhea mouth! He is obviously cowed by d strength of d tomboy Dame! Problem is d Dame is more influential and popular than any of his wives and concubines grammar or no grammar. The places d tomboy queen will enter today can never be accessed by d goatie! He knows dis and refuses to deal wt it! Abeg bro, liv mata. By d way hw did u know dt that little immoral tin was a c*nt?

Lmao, ur comment cracked me up. Same thing we were saying in a gathering yesterday. Soyinka might the king in the literary world but in politics Patience Jonathan will take him to the cleaners. No be mouth!
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
Soyinka my foot.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
Soyinka my foot.He is irrelevant.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by ChukChinCol(m): 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
E be like dem do "like" promo for this thread...let d promo continue
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by stildude(m): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
Well, about the Prof's statement, this is what happens when celebrities of moral or intellectual repute live too long. At some point, they begin to goof. I have always been worried that Nelson Mandela will lose his respect for a thing he might either say or do. Thank God that he has so far kept his good name. Sometimes, let's read between the line. This is the prof that presented himself one time as Niger-Deltan Militant's mediator with the state. Now that Okah's group has issues with the president, how convenient it is for the prof to take a swipe at the first lady. Old men are not always wise, maybe this one knows what he is doing??
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
Victoriousvic:
Why should I even agree with you?? undecided . . .You didn't employ GEJ, there's a huge difference between 'employ' and 'elect', no matter how it seems to fit in. You elected him!

If you elect someone and place them on "salary" then you are the employer and they your employee. Most Nigerian dont understand the true meaning or working of democracy so i am not surprise you are confused about the whole idea...it still relatively new to most of us. Am not against you, am just making it clear.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by naijatruth: 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
Your Erudite prof. failed to respect his self. You and your prof. are completely a disgrace to Nigeria and humanity at large. Pls reason before you comment.
iamtheprincipal: PEJ has got no moral justification to call a renowned scholar of the status of distinguished & erudite Professor Wole Soyinka "an embarrassment...". PEJ is an absolute disgrace to this nation, to womanhood and to the world at large...Idiot!
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Dariye(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
About 98% of posts on this topic has received outrageous likes. So make una give me my own likes now o. grin

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by adrainuche(m): 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
Obhiagbon would finish PEJ and GEJ combined together !!!!
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by ekea2001: 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Tolexander: Let PEJ catch you(obahiagbon), your wife will be among my fellow widow, when your manhood continues to live on because what she will do to you will make you to rather die than to commit suicide. She thought that you and Wole soyinka are good people like my husband and sambo is a good people. In fact, who are you to bring me to the issue of the problem those children caused in my state's house of assembly last week? Amechi and his state's assembly are children, the president was once a child and also the senators were once a children.
Soyinka said i should be a lady before being a first lady. FYI, am a big lady and a mother cos a good mother takes care of his children.
Everybody knows what my effort is, please don't mind them, vote umblerra and press your finger for umblerra cos it won't be easy for PDP to carry second in a competition like this
Tell this guy to use his prowess elsewhere
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Crixina(f): 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
Van snickers:

Do you know what the word "insult" means? How is asking a woman to act like a Lady an Insult?! Dude, get an education!
if that does not sound insulting to you,then God have mercy!
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by bidexolumanish(m): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
Tolexander: Let PEJ catch you(obahiagbon), your wife will be among my fellow widow, when your manhood continues to live on because what she will do to you will make you to rather die than to commit suicide. She thought that you and Wole soyinka are good people like my husband and sambo is a good people. In fact, who are you to bring me to the issue of the problem those children caused in my state's house of assembly last week? Amechi and his state's assembly are children, the president was once a child and also the senators were once a children.
Soyinka said i should be a lady before being a first lady. FYI, am a big lady and a mother cos a good mother takes care of his children.
Everybody knows what my effort is, please don't mind them, vote umblerra and press your finger for umblerra cos it won't be easy for PDP to carry second in a competition like this
bravo,nice combination bro,can't jst stop laughing
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Tolexander: 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
ekea2001:
Tell this guy to use his prowess elsewhere
? ? ?
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by todayguest(m): 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2013

3. My Fellow Widows

6. Yes we are all happy for the effort,it is not easy to carry second in an international competition like this one – Addressing Press men after Female Under 19 Fifa World Cup

7. The Bombers who born them?wasn’t it not a woman? They were once a Children now a adult now they are bombing women and children making some children a widow

8. My Heart feels sorry for these Children who have become Widows by losing their Parents for one reason or another

9. We should have love for our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their NATIONALITY?

I see u dislike PEJ. What's are crime(s) Are u her former employee? Lol. No matter her many blunders, she's our Ist lady! A very previlaged position.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by tpia5: 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
Honestly, i never took the subject of stereotyping or profiling seriously until i joined nairaland.

I have found with almost 98% precision, that 99% of the time, you actually can virtually predict a person's mentality and opinion, by where they come from?

The nature versus nurture debate might apply here.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Wallie(m): 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
With regards to disrespecting a public figure, one of the downsides of being in the public eye is that you open yourself up to ridicule. It is true that PEJ didn’t run for office but it was her choice addressing people at rallies and other public events.

If you’re thin-skinned and have a thing or two about you that people find funny, stay out of public eye. Simple.

I’ve always said that GEJ and PEJ suffer from the worst handlers in history! Someone like PEJ should just be given a script to read and advised never to deviate from it. Why do you think most politicians, especially in the US, sound so intelligent? In today’s world of social media and mobile phones, why would you risk your embarrassing moments being immortalized? You want to sound smart, prepare!
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Otunbakay(m): 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2013

3. My Fellow Widows

Hmmm! ......these quotes surely have its place in the NATIONAL ARCHIVE.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by pmc01(m): 8:02am On Jul 16, 2013
sandysprax: What if Prof. Wole Soyinka & Hon Patrick Obiahagbon engages PEJ in a debate live on CNN for instance? *Daydreaming...*
wink
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 16, 2013
Its really surprising that a lot of pple criticising the prof. for insulting d 1st lady r also hurling insults at others for airing their views.

I wonder y we r attacking d character of d professor n ignoring d fact that he only spoke d truth. I also believe his choice of words r spot-on. I don't think someone in d status of Prof Wole Soyinka wudnt know d right words to choose from d rich collection of vocabulary he has @ his disposal. We all have our shortcomings, no one is perfect! Professor Wole Soyinka may not be d ideal prototype of d character to emulate; but his commitment to d fight for justice and equity in Nigeria, over d decades, cannot be overemphasised. And whether we accept it or not, d fact remains dat the 'pseudo-democracy' Nigeria can boast of today can also be attributed to d many criticisms made by d good old prof. He is indeed a true hero of democracy.

I have taken my time to follow dis thread. I've read pple's comments;agreed with some n disagreed with odas. I respect the fact that we r all entitled to our opinions so I've taken my time to air my view, without referring to any previous comment or person in particular. I can only hope dat all doze who do not share my views wud also accord me d same respect n steer clear of dis post(cos I noticed that's d trend).

God bless Nigeria
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by Ogadtop(m): 10:27am On Jul 16, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Soyinka to me remain the only yoruba man alive i respect, for the fact that i respect him was the reason i felt so disappointed with the way he descended so low with the name calling with GEJ wife.. What stop him addressing the issue at hand without asking the woman to be a lady before being a first lady.. Now we the admirers of prof expected the woman not to react? Hello bro i am not a hypocrites, i refused to side prof on this.
if u want to keep hidding pej under the guise of being someone's wife,then she should be her husband's wife and remain in kitchen and bedroom.she is coming here to make unpopular moves that affect democratically elected ofice holders u are here saying someone's wife.so if a female colleague of urs take nasty and illicit moves that affect ur job,and u have every rite to criticise her. you will say because she is someone's wife.if she wants to hide under that guise,then she should remain in her husband's house and not in her husband's office.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by SORTER: 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
SO TWO WRONG CAN ALAWAYS MAKE A RIGHT IN YOUR MYOPIC MIND?.....I PITY YOU!
9ja_I_hail:

See, most of you reason like slaves.. So shoyinka has moral justification to insult someones wife? What you expected of her is to keep shut and not to take on the old man who failed to address her with respect?

I pray your fellow man slap your wife before your eyes so you could see what will be your wife reaction. Only if you are a man.
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by engrkaz(m): 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
commynikky: cmon guy. If truly ure admirer of wole soyinka u will neva construct ur language dat way. In any comment u shud nt jump into conclusion or in support of anyone of them. I deeply believe ure in support of violent that going on at river state. What the elderly man is saying is for firstlady to stp the crisis rather than add to it. Her name was mention thru one of the lawmaker so its time for her to mak ammendment. Bros if u give woman chance they wil go beyond their boundry esp those woman that love power. Pls always respecT those that deserve respect
Re: Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" by virginice: 10:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
angry So dis yeye thread neva die!!!
#SpitsOnPEJ'sShoe

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Fayose: Zenith Bank Officials Kneeling To Beg / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.