Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,802 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka (27464 Views)

Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari / Murtala Foundation Offers Buhari Fresh Opportunity To Debate With Jonathan / Why Buhari Absconded From Debate With Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
FRDChickenisha:

Where did I say that

LMAOOOO!
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
FRDChickenisha:

Where did I say that

LMAOOOO @ your siggy
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
Splendid7: luk @how u people are fooling urxeves. U dat can speak gud english why are u nt in the presidential villa. I thought patience Jonathan's position will elevate ur thinking faculty. She can't speak yet she is the first lady, envy is soyinka' s problm. He get luck it's not obasanjo's wife he's insulting, he would have been teaching prisoners how to speak english. ARRANT NONSENSE
what's your point? she in the presidential villa because she's married to the president. period nothing more nothing less. Anyway I wasn't even referring to her presence in the presidential palace. who cares?

the point here is can you have a discussion with an illiterate? talk less about a debate? what will they talk about? grin grin a whole institution like Soyinka can have a debate with that woman . this idea can't even come from Wole .
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
PEJ with her village english,and her village politics....obviously wasnt prepared for power,burning all her bridges because she thinks this moment will last forever,Power never does...no one remains on the top forever..
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
Who/What is Wole Soyinka?

-Google search-

google answer;

(1)An embarassment to a nation
(2)A Cult initiator
(3)An unrepentant Pegan
(4)A supporter of gays marriage
(5)A corrupt individual
(6)......etc

I rest my case.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by ba7man(m): 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what's your point? she in the presidential villa because she's married to the president. period nothing more nothing less. Anyway I wasn't even referring to her presence in the presidential palace. who cares?

the point here is can you have a discussion with an illiterate? talk less about a debate? what will they talk about? grin grin a whole institution can have a debate with that woman . this idea can't even come from Wole .
Common sense remains a constant regardless your Country of origin. This dude you're arguing with is the kind of stone-heads that hold Nigeria back. If a criminal is rich, they'll worship him regardless. Slave mentality. Because an individual holds a public position that allows them to loot the National treasury, they automatically belive the person is superior to them and should not be reproached.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nonybb: 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
Nigerians are so ungrateful, u knw how it was during OBJ regime. Can anyone of u talk this way without attracting EFCC's wrath engineered by OBJ?. Politicians and social critics have really abused there freedom of speech

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by HezronLorraine(m): 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
I laugh in norwegian.
Naija the Joke Factory.
Okay,we are watching.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by frankyychiji(f): 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
trent9002: Wole wouldn't even stoop so low even if PEJ agrees
how lower can d goatee go. He already stooped below low wen he engaged himself in a diatribe which he started with the first lady and anothers man's wife! prof Wo ole (see thief) shd be in oshodi market where he mates are! Market women.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
frankyychiji: how lower can d goatee go. He already stooped below low wen he engaged himself in a diatribe which he started with the first lady and anothers man's wife! prof Wo ole (see thief) shd be in oshodi market where he mates are! Market women.

thank you for abusing yourself...

FYI...Soyinka has done for for Africa that your entire lineage from the beginning of History combined..
You take your rotten smelly mouth to insult an Icon,because of one illiterate,village woman who unfortunately found herself in Aso Rock Rock due to the death of Our President,and the tragedy of Alams..Abegi Go siddon for shi..t jare

The same way God put her there,na the same way God go commot am...
She doesn't know everything in Life is fleeting,wasnt it the same patience that was snatched from the claws of death months ago,was her life saved so that she could become a tyrant wey no go let person hear word..
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by ba7man(m): 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
Nonybb: Nigerians are so ungrateful, u knw how it was during OBJ regime. Can anyone of u talk this way without attracting EFCC's wrath engineered by OBJ?. Politicians and social critics have really abused there freedom of speech
This below is your situation. So because OBJ prosecuted people for speaking during his regime, you should forever keep-shut and not speak-up in the face of all this Social, Political and Economic ills plaguing this country??

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Gistben: 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
Mmmmm prof. Wale vs first lady. What a mess?
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by oluamid(m): 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
chidindufrank: Tell your prof to challenge on mathematics. The last time I checked,maths and english remains the bedrock of eduction

And pray tell, how many people in the world are both Professor of English and Mathematics at the same time?

Funny you.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by polosky: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hahahahaha.......i will be waiting to buy the T-shirt after the debate....,.... "my fellow widow", "it is better to murder myself than commit sucide"

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Dollarmind(m): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dike Chimezie: Who/What is Wole Soyinka?

-Google search-

google answer;

(1)An embarassment to a nation
(2)A Cult initiator
(3)An unrepentant Pegan
(4)A supporter of gays marriage
(5)A corrupt individual
(6)......etc

I rest my case.

If this is what you got after doing your google search then am afraid you are wrong or maybe u are connected to the wrong server... *or better still u are conducting your researh from a tribalist point of view*...

Because after doing my own research I realize that Prof. Wole Soyinka:

1. Was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature, the first person in Africa and the diaspora to be so honoured.

2. He took an active role in Nigeria's political history and its struggle for independence from Great Britain.

3. In 1965, he seized the Western Nigeria Broadcasting Service studio and broadcast a demand for the cancellation of the Western Nigeria Regional Elections.

4. In 1967 during the Nigerian Civil War, he was arrested by the federal government of General Yakubu Gowon and put in solitary confinement for two years.

5. Soyinka has strongly criticised many Nigerian military dictators, especially late General Sanni Abacha, as well as other political tyrannies, including the Mugabe regime in Zimbabwe.

6. he was a professor first at Cornell University and then at Emory University in Atlanta, where in 1996 he was appointed Robert W. Woodruff Professorof the Arts.

7. From 1975 to 1999, he was a Professor of Comparative Literature at the Obafemi Awolowo University, then called the University of Ife. With civilian rule restored in 1999, he was made PROFESSOR EMERITUS.

8. Soyinka has been a Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. In the fall of 2007 he was appointed Professor in Residence at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California, US.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Briareos(m): 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
Policewoman: You are now playing the tribalism card when it suits you. Why will Jonathan not be allowed to complete his term before crucifying him? Do we know how enormous the problem of this country is? The guy is trying. I agree there are areas he needs improvement. But an outright condemnation is not something i will agree with.

In your haste to continue your propagation for GEJ (whether you are paid to do it or you just celebrate that much is of no concern to me), you classify everyone as anti-GEJ and attack even without need to.

Or maybe, you simply don't understand my post or this reply is not for me...even a primary school student will understand I'm preaching Nigerian should look beyond any tribe and campaign for credible people non-withstanding which part of the country they come from.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
And a moderator posted this thread of calumny on the fp....why should they debate, they don't have opposing views, they are just critics of themselves.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Briareos(m): 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dollarmind:
If this is what you get after doing your google search then am afraid you are wrong.... You are conducting ur researh from a tribalist point of view...

1. Was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature, the first person in Africa and the diaspora to be so honoured.

2. He took an active role in Nigeria's political history and its struggle for independence from Great Britain.

3. In 1965, he seized the Western Nigeria Broadcasting Service studio and broadcast a demand for the cancellation of the Western Nigeria Regional Elections.

4. In 1967 during the Nigerian Civil War, he was arrested by the federal government of General Yakubu Gowonand put in solitary confinement for two years.

5. Soyinka has strongly criticised many Nigerian military dictators, especially late General Sanni Abacha, as well as other political tyrannies, including the Mugabe regime in Zimbabwe.

6. he was a professor first at Cornell University and then at Emory University in Atlanta, where in 1996 he was appointed Robert W. Woodruff Professorof the Arts.

7. From 1975 to 1999, he was a Professor of Comparative Literatureat the Obafemi Awolowo University, then called the University of Ife. With civilian rule restored in 1999, he was made PROFESSOR EMERITUS.

8. Soyinka has been a Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. In the fall of 2007 he was appointed Professor in Residence at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California, US.

A beam of light at the end of a very, very, long dark tunnel.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
We all know that in our wildest dream that cannot happen. A woman who can not construct a perfect sentence will challenge a man who can construct a sentence without knowing what it means due to the grammer
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Briareos(m): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dollarmind:
If this is what you get after doing your google search then am afraid you are wrong.... You are conducting ur researh from a tribalist point of view...

4. In 1967 during the Nigerian Civil War, he was arrested by the federal government of General Yakubu Gowonand put in solitary confinement for two years.

7. From 1975 to 1999, he was a Professor of Comparative Literatureat the Obafemi Awolowo University, then called the University of Ife. With civilian rule restored in 1999, he was made PROFESSOR EMERITUS.

A beam of light at the end of a very, very, long dark tunnel.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by farem: 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
PEJ don't answer the call o!
Oblige them ONLY if you want to go back to COMA!
My little piece of advice.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by jaydude(f): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
kayci_d77: WOLE pls its time for YABA left....i hate it when adult lost his brain.... why didnt he try ACHEBE his mate undecided MTSSSCHEEEEW

Mumu its not soyinka that asked for the debate, some nigerians are suggesting that! And please catch the humour in that, they are just making jest of pejs 'engrish' cos Wole soyinka is an english / literature professor

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by aljharem(m): 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
frederal: The problem is that these people like to "over magnify" the worth of their own, they are too tribalistic. She may end-up embarrassing him more.

The problem also with your people is that they so much tribalistic than those that over magnify their own. Your people are know for crime, tribalism, illiteracy, fake people and product. Likes of achebe, nnamdi and co have destroyed this nation. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Splendid7(m): 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
ba7man: Common sense remains a constant regardless your Country of origin. This dude you're arguing with is the kind of stone-heads that hold Nigeria back. If a criminal is rich, they'll worship him regardless. Slave mentality. Because an individual holds a public position that allows them to loot the National treasury, they automatically belive the person is superior to them and should not be reproached.
hello daft, if she is nt superior to you, then why nt affirm this ur comments in a national newspaper and see the outcome. I repeat, WOLE'S PROBLEM IS ENVY. HIS ENGLISH OR WHATEVER CANNOT LEAD HIM TO ASO ROCK VILLA tongue
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by aljharem(m): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
Splendid7: hello daft, if she is nt superior to you, then why nt affirm this ur comments in a national newspaper and see the outcome. I repeat, WOLE'S PROBLEM IS ENVY. HIS ENGLISH OR WHATEVER CANNOT LEAD HIM TO ASO ROCK VILLA tongue

And how has her presences in aso rock made your life better ? Gej has rubbished this nation in the eyes of serious minded nation by allowing an okirika wife a default president while he is just a face. Unless nation
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by shejane: 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
is an insult for wole to attend such debate
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by aljharem(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
kakachi:

What do you mean by Wole floging Achebe convincingly?granted Wole has done us proud,but Achebe has equally done
same.Achebe is not in anyway inferior to Soyinka in literarry works.And for your information Soyinka in all his glory
can never produce a work that will be as successful as Achebe's "Things Fall Apart"

Things fell apart and will further fall apart with the way this semi illiterate is ruling this nation
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by shejane: 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
patience shd kw beta nt 2 disgrace hersef pls
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Blueeyedboi(m): 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
eggheaders:

madam police can't you read between the lines. that the man you lick his yansh religiously is the one using fasheun as a tool in the hand of the devil. last time it was the pipeline deal and silly noise with asari to tell us how gej is better than angel micheal now teaming up with Mustapha to pacify northerners to vote gej. anyway all those plans is dead on arrival and fasheun can sell his life for a plate of porridge who cares Yorubas already know the senile old man is an hungry vulture.
...'All those plans IS dead'...smh..English language is dead...coming from a tool that calls himself an eggheader..LMAO!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hundreds Of Boko Haram Terrorists Raid Villages In Borno / Buhari And Jega At Leadership Newspapers' Awards In Abuja / Violent Protests Still Ongoing In Akure And Ondo Townships(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.