Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka (27469 Views)

Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari / Murtala Foundation Offers Buhari Fresh Opportunity To Debate With Jonathan / Why Buhari Absconded From Debate With Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2013
Chain_Blinger: comeroonian wetin u dey find here. Una abi una no get forum site ni?
grin grin. nl sweet oooo
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by stano2(m): 10:36am On Jul 15, 2013
boron10: GEJ plus Ruben Abati can't stand Soyinka in a high profile debate let alone Nigerian first ever illiterate first lady.
Most people chanting Wole Soyinka has never seen him giving out a speech....what the kknow is Pro. Wole Soyinka......
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Linoversace: 10:39am On Jul 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: grin grin. nl sweet oooo

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 15, 2013
She may out do him in the debate, just tell her to use her native language. Since she can't express herself well in our burrowed English language!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Divinetouch(m): 10:42am On Jul 15, 2013
k2039: Oga Wole fan's no try at all.

They want Him to humiliate our first lady, even the husband with a PhD tries as much as possible to avoid debates (I wonder how is PhDless wife will handle a debate. gringringringrin).

I doubt if the first lady knows the meaning of debate sef.

lol
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Pringozie02(m): 10:43am On Jul 15, 2013
I've being waiting 4 dis cos I knew it will come up,all of u should b ashame of ur studip self,I can see dat u have no respect both u and d stupid network dat had dis broadcast,being a prof dose not gv anyone d rite 2 b insultive ok frist lady don pass all of na she don pass beind learnerd or not ok stupid fifo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by striker9(m): 10:43am On Jul 15, 2013
Debate keyou want the first lady to kill herself before she commit suicide ni,ha ba
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by 740megawatts: 10:45am On Jul 15, 2013
ballabriggs:

Bla bla bla, and the Germans, the Chinese and Japanese do not learn English. The problem is most of you have not left your villages and so you hardly know about global developments.

There is hardly any German from 50 years old downwards that does not know how to speak English. Visit Germany and listen to young Germans communicate in English. You know why? Because they understand how important the language is for their development and thus made it a part of the drive to achieve development.

Same with the Chinese that flock into English speaking countries to at least learn the basics of the language. I have met guys at the China Development Bank, they speak English!

So you can go ahead with your Ijaw language, take Edwin Clark, take Patience and Asari Dokubo and see how far it will take you in the global race for development.

Some ignorant f.ools here have no idea of what is going on globally. Chinese students are one of the highest scoring candidates of IELTS and TOEFL for at least four years now. Read this:

"Chinese students’ scores on TOEFL, IELTS and GRE rank tops in the world, but their language performance ability is not accordingly good. Doctor Lu Shuming, a teacher at City University of New York, revealed that even when Chinese students perform well on the GRE, after they come to the U.S., many show both low language proficiency and poor research ability. They need great efforts to catch up. “Why can’t they speak or write if they can score such high marks on TOEFL and GRE?” some American professors are asking. This has damaged the credibility of Chinese students and their test scores. As a result, in fact, some overseas schools single-out Chinese students and make comparisons within the group when they decide which students to admit. "

http://www.chinapictorial.com.cn/en/features/txt/2012-02/01/content_423001.htm

Some people from the East-side are just very impervious to research....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by ofiladee(m): 10:46am On Jul 15, 2013
Whose idea is it? Am shocked. Make dem debate as par what? Dem dey hustle for the same political officem lame. And besides....
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by TimePiece(f): 10:47am On Jul 15, 2013
And what is this supposed to mean??
why do we love so much drama in country??
or is this an absence of what to do?

Why can't we instead challenge the govt on the absence of any tangible improvement on virtually every aspect of our national life?
Or even, question the nature of the state of emergency that the GEJ govt has declared in some northern states that has still allowed the sect, BH, operate to the extent that school children were killed? Or isn't the declaration supposed to mean that these states are run over by the military?

Please people....there are more pressing issues than to really care about what PEJ or WS has to say.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by ballabriggs: 10:51am On Jul 15, 2013
740megawatts:

Some ignorant f.ools here have no idea of what is going on globally. Chinese students are one of the highest scoring candidates of IELTS and TOEFL for at least four years now. Read this:

"Chinese students’ scores on TOEFL, IELTS and GRE rank tops in the world, but their language performance ability is not accordingly good. Doctor Lu Shuming, a teacher at City University of New York, revealed that even when Chinese students perform well on the GRE, after they come to the U.S., many show both low language proficiency and poor research ability. They need great efforts to catch up. “Why can’t they speak or write if they can score such high marks on TOEFL and GRE?” some American professors are asking. This has damaged the credibility of Chinese students and their test scores. As a result, in fact, some overseas schools single-out Chinese students and make comparisons within the group when they decide which students to admit. "

http://www.chinapictorial.com.cn/en/features/txt/2012-02/01/content_423001.htm

Some people from the East-side as just very impervious to research....

LMAO they score high in those tests because they get people to sit for them. However, it does not take away the fact that these people are learning the language as they understand how critical it is for their development.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by 740megawatts: 10:58am On Jul 15, 2013
ballabriggs:

LMAO they score high in those tests because they get people to sit for them. However, it does not take away the fact that these people are learning the language as they understand how critical it is for their development.

I don't think this is the reason though. Chinese have a very extraordinary way of memorising things in general, I have met quite a number of them. They are generally drilled, like the Japanese, to memorise lots of things at a young age. I believe this is the main factor that has often helped them to pass these language exams. If you read this article, you'd discover that Chinese students generally don't study thoroughly the 'real' use of English Language, hence, they find it hard to grasp its full application.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 15, 2013
Tolexander: Let PEJ catch you(obahiagbon), your wife will be among my fellow widow, when your manhood continues to live on because what she will do to you will make you to rather die than to commit suicide. She thought that you and Wole soyinka are good people like my husband and sambo is a good people. In fact, who are you to bring me to the issue of the problem those children caused in my state's house of assembly last week? Amechi and his state's assembly are children, the president was once a child and also the senators were once a children.
Soyinka said i should be a lady before being a first lady. FYI, am a big lady and a mother cos a good mother takes care of his children.
Everybody knows what my effort is, please don't mind them, vote umblerra and press your finger for umblerra cos it won't be easy for PDP to carry second in a competition like this
Na dis kind of yarn u go hear frm d debate

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Acidosis(m): 11:00am On Jul 15, 2013
The title ought to be:

"F. 00lish Nigerians challenged Patience to debate with Soyinka"

More emphasis on the phrase - F. 00lish...

Cos only a f00lish educated buffon will beg for a debate between a corrupt Professor of Poetry and the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria..

The most painful aspect is, those that supported the Nobel award for Soyinka are in deep regret now... The title - Nobel as become worthless cos this educated thieving cultist has single-handedly dragged the honour to the mud/bin..

The whites must be laughing at us now....as we insult our leaders.

Someone who couldn't make a C4 in English Language (WAEC, NECO and GCE) would come here to insult a woman who has the full right to reply all those gullible men who can't control their mouth and head not to talk of home.)...

It's even more embarrasing to see a f00lish self awarded ex-honourable who didn't achieve anything aside a twitter and a facebook account for 4years to rant rubbish against the First Lady..

Even if you have something against the woman, why not respect her office??

As for those saying they didn't vote for her (so she ought not to talk), I say go and destroy the offices of the First lady in your state first before we talk about her office..

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by boladez(m): 11:04am On Jul 15, 2013
Ha, my people can insult person!

Prof Soyinka and who? I beg I beg no insult Prof o. The debate will end from the salutations , even before the opening remarks.

Seriously it's not about competition but I think issues raised should be viewed seriously. PEJ's philandering Spokesman Ayo Osinlu has always been a layabout from his days at Ilorin. I don't expect him to give PEJ any reasonable suggestions. he did not address any of the issues put on the table. This was the same guy who joined faith with PEJ to lie to Nigerians she was resting abroad when she was undergoing surgeries. His words carry no value to the intelligent.

Cast your minds back to the speech given by Gej after the Jan 2012 Fuel subsidy removal protests and compare with what we see today. Can you imagine the number of times the wasteful executive motorcades have given us grief moving around resulting in days of lost manhours. The President's wife should stay in ASO rock if there are security problems rather than coming to the commercial nerve centre of the country on a work day to say THANK YOU to bleaching cream saggy old women for supporting her hubby on a work day, creating a security lockdown and crippling the who Lagos island and VI.

I don't have any evidence that PEJ is involved in the Rivers state crises but what I can see clearly is that the first couple's silence is encouraging their aides to cause commotion in the state.

I tire
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by phemi01(m): 11:04am On Jul 15, 2013
frederal: "Its character of Soyinka to dine
with the powers that be in the night only to come
out in the morning to condemn them in order to
endear himself to the unsuspecting public."
I won't be surprised if Mrs Patience embarrasses him more intellectually; these people( u should know urselves) like to over glorify the worth of their "owns". So tribalistic

Sorry u have no one to glorify. U are not tribalistic @ all. AMOSU!
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by kcpumping(m): 11:05am On Jul 15, 2013
P.Stacks:
grin Debate or Suicide Mission.. grin

By the time Professor blow grammer for PEJ, no Ruben Abati and Labaran Maku will hold all the dictionary in this world and will not find a word to explain what the professor is talking..

A Noble Laureate! Some one that has the power to create English words.. He can coin a word and it stays. He can question a word in advanced English dictionary and it'l be removed.

He can create and destroy any English word at will.. PEJ would just do My fellow widow and press the Umbella. Mtcheeew! Mockrey..

If d debate holds, PEJ is history..

I never intended to comment on this rubbish thread until I read ur comment, it is quite unfortunate that kids has envaded naira land.of what benefit is therein calling for a debate btw d two?why not call wole and pat utomi,prof salami of uniben to a debate,or maybe wole's wife and dame to a debate...how many times did wole write jamb and what did he graduate with from unilag?pls I wud like to know.thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Deiok(m): 11:05am On Jul 15, 2013
No way, you people want to disgrace the first lady, i know all your plans. It will not work.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 15, 2013
Acidosis: The title ought to be:

"F. 00lish Nigerians challenged Patience to debate with Soyinka"

More emphasis on the phrase - F. 00lish...

Cos only a f00lish educated buffon will beg for a debate between a corrupt Professor of Poetry and the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria..

The most painful aspect is, those that supported the Nobel award for Soyinka are in deep regret now... The title - Nobel as become worthless cos this educated thieving cultist has single-handedly dragged the honour to the mud/bin..

The whites must be laughing at us now....as we insult our leaders.

Someone who couldn't make a C4 in English Language (WAEC, NECO and GCE) would come here to insult a woman who has the full right to reply all those gullible men who can't control their mouth and head not to talk of home.)...

It's even more embarrasing to see a f00lish self awarded ex-honourable who didn't achieve anything aside a twitter and a facebook account for 4years to rant rubbish against the First Lady..

Even if you have something against the woman, why not respect her office??

As for those saying they didn't vote for her (so she ought not to talk), I say go and destroy the offices of the First lady in your state first before we talk about her office..
Thank You! I totally agree with you!
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by phemi01(m): 11:08am On Jul 15, 2013
chidindufrank: Tell your prof to challenge on mathematics. The last time I checked,maths and english remains the bedrock of eduction

Agbo! Go to school and don't be late.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by donodion(m): 11:09am On Jul 15, 2013
Madam Lazarus,a.k.a patience, would go on national tv which is to re-broadcasted on the international media for a debate with prof W.S? Puhahahahahahahahahahahaaahah you want Soyinka to send her to early grave with few english that won't be found even in oxford dictionary.She fit?
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by solacec4t(f): 11:10am On Jul 15, 2013
C'mon, we shouldnt insult Wole nor Patience. They never said they wanted a debate, did they?.I see no reason why they should be insulted and disrespected in such manner.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by deletrue: 11:12am On Jul 15, 2013
Just wondering the level of detrioration nigeria and nigerians found ourselves. Now think of the time wasted in writing that thread. One, at time, is tempted to assume that attaining old age is even better than being young. Just imagine what one comes across in this country every day. Mojarity of nigerians keep increasing hopelessness all the times. What hope do nigerians have when prof. Soyinka, who is respected across the human race see nothing bad in describing the wife of the president as a mere appendage.
What pains me the more is that the age group who are suppose to form effactive labour force to bring about development are most worthless nigerians today.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by nkemKalu: 11:14am On Jul 15, 2013
HAHAHAHA..........ONYE KPO NKITA BIA CHURCH?.........DO U PEOPLE WANT THIS WOMAN TO COMMIT SUICIDE INSTEAD OF KILLING HERSELF? I DEY LAUGH IN GREEK.........THIS IS JUST LIKE ASKING A DOG TO BE THE OFFICIATING MINISTER IN AN ANGLICAN CHURCH FULL OF HUMAN BEINGS.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by njuwo(m): 11:16am On Jul 15, 2013
Those callin for dis, does not love our first lady
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by bknight: 11:16am On Jul 15, 2013
shocked grin

Sir, kindly boycott such arrangement. And decline to make any further comments regarding the issue. Its condescending to go low to that level. And if u descend to that level, she'll beat u on experience undecided
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by dpee4real(m): 11:20am On Jul 15, 2013
frederal: The problem is that these people like to "over magnify" the worth of their own, they are too tribalistic. She may end-up embarrassing him more.

How?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election 2017: Ngige Body Language Scatters APC Gladiators / Ekiti Executive Council Meets After Four Years / Buhari To Military: End Insurgency Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.