Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka (27467 Views)

Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari / Murtala Foundation Offers Buhari Fresh Opportunity To Debate With Jonathan / Why Buhari Absconded From Debate With Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by ba7man(m): 8:46am On Jul 15, 2013
The call for the debate is unecessary. Any sane person knows who's I.Q is far higher.....#FACT#
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 15, 2013
This makes no sense

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by dridowu: 10:15am On Jul 15, 2013
Bigcake: I still wonder why Wole is allowed to work freely. Shldnt he be locked up somewhr?
what are u waiting 4, call d police to arrest him...............................park well jooooor
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by abdulsleemzy(m): 10:16am On Jul 15, 2013
I can't bliv wat I discuss on twitter yestdy could even come up here on nairaland.... So sooo proud of myself... Pls follow me on twitter at @abdulslimzy ......tankx #happyFace

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by pss: 10:16am On Jul 15, 2013
I'm afraid, there is no justification for the debate.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 15, 2013
PEJ's head would explode if she even began to attempt to understand what Prof Soyinka would say grin grin

I'm embarrassed on Prof's behalf,that he is being asked to debate with an Olodo that would have been getting steady F9 on his course embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by lifestyle1(m): 10:18am On Jul 15, 2013
joke undecided

today is Monday. angry
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 15, 2013
Is this a joke?
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by trent9002(m): 10:20am On Jul 15, 2013
Wole wouldn't even stoop so low even if PEJ agrees

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by theripper3: 10:20am On Jul 15, 2013
I go like moderate the debate sha.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Maxymilliano(m): 10:21am On Jul 15, 2013
Idleness has caused our media houses to subject themselves to fly news and cheap publication, what a mess!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by eightsin(m): 10:22am On Jul 15, 2013
Maxymilliano: Nigerians and misplaced priorities ...

Of what relevance is a debate between Soyinka and Patience to improvement in the standard of living of the populace ?

Why not focus more on government economic activities at all levels, hold the government accountable and insist they deliver (apology to the owner of this signature) instead of the unnecessary distraction the current happenings has become.

My brother, its a shame our youths pursue goals that will amuse them instead of developmental goals...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by PStacks(m): 10:23am On Jul 15, 2013
grin Debate or Suicide Mission.. grin

By the time Professor blow grammer for PEJ, no Ruben Abati and Labaran Maku will hold all the dictionary in this world and will not find a word to explain what the professor is talking..

A Noble Laureate! Some one that has the power to create English words.. He can coin a word and it stays. He can question a word in advanced English dictionary and it'l be removed.

He can create and destroy any English word at will.. PEJ would just do My fellow widow and press the Umbella. Mtcheeew! Mockrey..

If d debate holds, PEJ is history..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Cathybrown: 10:24am On Jul 15, 2013
omo abeg if dey fix d date u guys should let me knw. even if dere is no lite i go use my last cash to buy fuel. d debate go dey interesting. but come to think of it, dis woman no get respect oooo.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 15, 2013
WOLE pls its time for YABA left....i hate it when adult lost his brain.... why didnt he try ACHEBE his mate undecided MTSSSCHEEEEW

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by ballabriggs: 10:27am On Jul 15, 2013
Youngzedd:

He should debate on other course, abi na English we go chop.

Nigeria is busy learning and speaking another man's language while China is there breaking records with their mothers tongue.

Between Nigeria and China, who is now losing?

To hell with Soyinka grammers which haven't added anything meaningful to we Nigerians.

Are we sure that this una Prof fit solve least Algebraic equation.

We Nigerians will be here calling for debate between First lady and una Prof and China that doesn't know the meaning of the word "Come" will colonize us if care isn't taken.

Ndi Ara.

Bla bla bla, and the Germans, the Chinese and Japanese do not learn English. The problem is most of you have not left your villages and so you hardly know about global developments.

There is hardly any German from 50 years old and below that does not know how to speak English. Visit Germany and listen to young Germans communicate in English. You know why? Because they understand how important the language is for their development and thus made it a part of the drive to achieve development.

Same with the Chinese who flock into English speaking countries to at least learn the basics of the language. I have met guys at the China Development Bank, they speak English!

So you can go ahead with your Ijaw language, take Edwin Clark, take Patience and Asari Dokubo and see how far it will take you in the global race for development.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:28am On Jul 15, 2013
Obituary
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 15, 2013
PEJ on a debate with Prof. WS How many debates she don do since she became d 1stlady? To do it wit a Prof?? Dis one will be a Comedy Show. Dnt be suprised dat she wil delegate d duty 2 her P.A, Ayo if d debate will hold. OKOTORIGBA!!!
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 15, 2013
Do u think the duos will respond to such call?

1 Like

Debate about what exactly

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by jjgirljay(f): 10:30am On Jul 15, 2013
What an insult,how can we bring Soyinka to the level of patience? @ BIGCAKE pls educate me on why you feel Soyinka should be arrested?
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by ItsUncleDee(m): 10:30am On Jul 15, 2013
make ena read d topic b4 ena go dey giv stupid answer
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by 1025: 10:31am On Jul 15, 2013
even me wey no be patience fan no go gree make she near the venue. why will she come and will the organisers of the programme allow her to speak in Ijaw language?
even our presido no go even try am self.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Linoversace: 10:31am On Jul 15, 2013
kayci_d77: WOLE pls its time for YABA left....i hate it when adult lost his brain.... why didnt he try ACHEBE his mate undecided MTSSSCHEEEEW

Where your own brain dey? undecided
Some Nigerians called for the debate not Wole Soyinka...smh!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 15, 2013
Youngzedd:

He should debate on other course, abi na English we go chop.

Nigeria is busy learning and speaking another man's language while China is there breaking records with their mothers tongue.

Between Nigeria and China, who is now losing?

To hell with Soyinka grammers which haven't added anything meaningful to we Nigerians.

Are we sure that this una Prof fit solve least Algebraic equation.

We Nigerians will be here calling for debate between First lady and una Prof and China that doesn't know the meaning of the word "Come" will colonize us if care isn't taken.

Ndi Ara.

You should be ASHAMED of your self. Prof at 79 is still passionate about his country commenting bravely and acting on issues of national importance. You are there wining and comparing Nigeria to China. Can you really acheive what Prof have achieved? What has been your contribution to Nigeria? You are a disgrace to youths you want the best for this country!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by fasbat(m): 10:32am On Jul 15, 2013
boron10: GEJ plus Ruben Abati can't stand Soyinka in a high profile debate let alone Nigerian first ever illiterate first lady.
NO WAY,D PERM SEC MINISTRY OF EDUCATION,BAYELSA STATE AGAINST WS!!! U PPLE self-service KILL ME WT LAUGHTER
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Walexy96: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2013
On seeing the topic I was like cheesy cheesy cheesy

That's just like committing suicide. undecided

I guess that's what the want cheesy

The task is too easy for the prof.

But let's respect the first lady nau, at least destiny has already force her on us.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by fasbat(m): 10:33am On Jul 15, 2013
boron10: GEJ plus Ruben Abati can't stand Soyinka in a high profile debate let alone Nigerian first ever illiterate first lady.
NO WAY,D PERM SEC MINISTRY OF EDUCATION,BAYELSA STATE AGAINST WS!!! U PPLE WANT TO
KILL ME WT LAUGHTER
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 15, 2013
No this cant happen!

I cant afford to watch a freak show On TV
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User / Marwa Alleges Plan To Manipulate Election Results In Southeast, South South / Adebo Ogundoyin Becomes Speaker Oyo Assembly At 32 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.