Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka (27465 Views)

Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari / Murtala Foundation Offers Buhari Fresh Opportunity To Debate With Jonathan / Why Buhari Absconded From Debate With Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by dabrake(m): 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
Like seriously, did sexkillz/afam4eva hide my post?
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by lupey: 7:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
Lobatan!!! undecided
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dollarmind:
If this is what you get after doing your google search then am afraid you are wrong or maybe u are connected to the wrong server... *or better still u are conducting your researh from a tribalist point of view*...

Because after doing my own research I realize that Prof. Wole Soyinka:

1. Was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature, the first person in Africa and the diaspora to be so honoured.

2. He took an active role in Nigeria's political history and its struggle for independence from Great Britain.

3. In 1965, he seized the Western Nigeria Broadcasting Service studio and broadcast a demand for the cancellation of the Western Nigeria Regional Elections.

4. In 1967 during the Nigerian Civil War, he was arrested by the federal government of General Yakubu Gowon and put in solitary confinement for two years.

5. Soyinka has strongly criticised many Nigerian military dictators, especially late General Sanni Abacha, as well as other political tyrannies, including the Mugabe regime in Zimbabwe.

6. he was a professor first at Cornell University and then at Emory University in Atlanta, where in 1996 he was appointed Robert W. Woodruff Professorof the Arts.

7. From 1975 to 1999, he was a Professor of Comparative Literature at the Obafemi Awolowo University, then called the University of Ife. With civilian rule restored in 1999, he was made PROFESSOR EMERITUS.

8. Soyinka has been a Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. In the fall of 2007 he was appointed Professor in Residence at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California, US.

I LOVE THIS UNBIAS COMMENT... The part I love most and I want our brothers to think about:

4. In 1967 during the Nigerian Civil War, he was arrested by the federal government of General Yakubu Gowon and put in solitary confinement for TWO YEARS.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dollarmind:
If this is what you get after doing your google search then am afraid you are wrong or maybe u are connected to the wrong server... *or better still u are conducting your researh from a tribalist point of view*...

Because after doing my own research I realize that Prof. Wole Soyinka:

1. Was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature, the first person in Africa and the diaspora to be so honoured.

2. He took an active role in Nigeria's political history and its struggle for independence from Great Britain.

3. In 1965, he seized the Western Nigeria Broadcasting Service studio and broadcast a demand for the cancellation of the Western Nigeria Regional Elections.

4. In 1967 during the Nigerian Civil War, he was arrested by the federal government of General Yakubu Gowon and put in solitary confinement for two years.

5. Soyinka has strongly criticised many Nigerian military dictators, especially late General Sanni Abacha, as well as other political tyrannies, including the Mugabe regime in Zimbabwe.

6. he was a professor first at Cornell University and then at Emory University in Atlanta, where in 1996 he was appointed Robert W. Woodruff Professorof the Arts.

7. From 1975 to 1999, he was a Professor of Comparative Literature at the Obafemi Awolowo University, then called the University of Ife. With civilian rule restored in 1999, he was made PROFESSOR EMERITUS.

8. Soyinka has been a Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. In the fall of 2007 he was appointed Professor in Residence at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California, US.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by awuf2008: 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2013
Which Nigerians? from which part of Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by kipesco(m): 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
Soyinka has collected so much money from Rivers governor and promised to use English and Literature something to fight for Rivers governor. Hmmm he is now a politician and he is talking to the President and First Lady in a manner not minding he could be jailed for abusing the First Lady.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Chibuhealth(f): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
boron10: GEJ plus Ruben Abati can't stand Soyinka in a high profile debate let alone Nigerian first ever illiterate first lady.
That our first lady is not fluent in english, and so what? Nomater wat, you cant stand before her to talk or else u will get urself in Ikpoba hill...... Amibo!
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by legendsilver(m): 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
De debate for sweet o grin

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by legendsilver(m): 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
kipesco: Soyinka has collected so much money from Rivers governor and promised to use English and Literature something to fight for Rivers governor. Hmmm he is now a politician and he is talking to the President and First Lady in a manner not minding he could be jailed for abusing the First Lady.
go jail am na(musu)
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Horus(m): 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faBgpuT7Ff8

Soyinka Wole blast Mrs Patience Jonathan over Rivers State crisis

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Bigcake: I still wonder why Wole is allowed to work freely. Shldnt he be locked up somewhr?
For imposing cultism in our society, frm primary to higher institution. I usually ask, those killed by Boko haram, and wole inviegled cult, which are more?
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by aljharem(m): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
Messi j: For imposing cultism in our society, frm primary to higher institution. I usually ask, those killed by Boko haram, and wole inviegled cult, which are more?

Cultism ? such as the pirates ? which is know for peace ? Some of you are just mad grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Youngtekkey(m): 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
bunch of fools fools will always show the characteristic of a fool no matter what that's what is happening with this jonathan supporters
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
jackbauersballs: PEJ's head would explode if she even began to attempt to understand what Prof Soyinka would say grin grin

I'm embarrassed on Prof's behalf,that he is being asked to debate with an Olodo that would have been getting steady F9 on his course embarassed
i prefer to be PEJ to being wole. I pray that God should make me to be like GEJ and you like wole or buhari. GEJ and PEJ my HERO. If you dont know the meaning of grace, check their life and you will understand.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by MEGAWATCH: 4:42am On Jul 16, 2013
Chief Chukwu Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu during his MANHOOD was a fearless Nigerian.
(Statement by the Nigerian first lady on the death of Ojukwu.)
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by zhaineey(f): 5:10am On Jul 16, 2013
Am so loving dis I jst hope she will show up n get her ass kicked
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by kolado(m): 7:19am On Jul 16, 2013
frankyychiji: how lower can d goatee go. He already stooped below low wen he engaged himself in a diatribe which he started with the first lady and anothers man's wife! prof Wo ole (see thief) shd be in oshodi market where he mates are! Market women.
You reek of otuoke schooling(Patience dullardtan family). You're supposed to be in oshodi where your mates are! Market man
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Olajide327: 7:19am On Jul 16, 2013
[quote
author=chidindufrank] Tell your prof to challenge on mathematics. The
last time I checked,maths and english remains the bedrock of
eduction[/quote]his field was neva maths based bt english based
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by osbornfotovideo: 9:22am On Jul 16, 2013
Don't let our First Lady 2 resign her position as first Lady grin
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by tareigns(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2013
chidindufrank: I wonder o.prof and english as if Wole and Soyinka are english words. To hell with his 18th century grammar.
. U r just angry dat ur fada nd ur fadas fada,up 2 d 10th generation can neva be like him. Jelouse igbo parrot.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by daheconomist(m): 11:02am On Jul 16, 2013
Make i ask sef...is the so called "1st lady" a constitutionaly recognized position.....she is supposed to influence things frm her husbands bed metcheew......And please everyone talking about the comment soyinka made being a crime should stop if he cant talk then the FREDOM OF SPEECH right is useless.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by kcpumping(m): 2:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
Topiipii:
Is it a must that you have to post a comment? Do you have to show what utter slowpoke you are through your ridiculous post? If you have to refer to others posting on this topic as kids, it shows you're an old fool (since you're claiming to be a grown up). I don't know if the Prof. is corrupt as some people have said and I'm not in support of the statement he made concerning the first lady, but you should be ashamed of yourself and your ridiculous post.
P.S: You can find several short biographies of the Prof. all over the internet, you should also look for the dates that WAEC and JAMB were established. The information above is not only for you, but also for others who would let themselves be deceived into believing that Soyinka wrote WAEC exams nine times.
Finally, the word is INVADED and not ENVADED.

As for chidindufrank, frederal and others of their ilk, I'll suggest that you've been reading too much lies from your so called heroes; why not try and ask the truth from your parents and those alive during the war? Ask them how your fake legends were living then and why they ran away when it was obvious they were going to lose.

aND OF WHAT RIGHT HAVE YOU TO INSULT ME IF I MAY ASK?OF ALL YOUR GRAMMATICAL EXCELLENCE,ALL YOU CAN DO WITH IT IS TO SIT IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER TO WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME INSULTING A FELLOW,WHERE HAS GOOD MORAL CONDUCT GONE TO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THIS COUNTRY IS REALLY IN DEEP SHIT.CALLING SOYINKA AND THE FIRST LADY TO A DEBATE AND THAT IS ALL THAT BORDERS YOU NOW BA?YOU ARE INDEED A DISAPPOINTMENT (APOLOGIES) IF THAT SOUNDS LIKE AN INSULT BT I COULDNT HAVE ADDRESSED YOU BETTER FROM YOUR UTTERANCES.SOYINKA GRADUATED WITH SECOND CLASS UPPER AND WHAT STOPS HIM FROM FINISHING WITH FIRST CLASS?ARRANT BALDERDASH.
Chike Obi is still a famous name in many circles in the southwest, I suppose the men who still praise him do so because he is a Yoruba man don't they?
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by kcpumping(m): 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
Dollarmind:
JAMB? UNILAG? When did they create both JAMB and UNILAG? Are u ok? Anyway, Wole Soyinka graduated from the First/Oldest university in Nigeria - University of Ibadan (U.I) and also the University of Leeds at the United Kingdom. And, during his time, JAMB was decades from being created. I think you should ask your president, Jonathan, the same question. Let him tell you the school he went to and what his JAMB score was. Mofo....
Hmmmshwww....

WHAT IS ALL THIS HYPE ABOUT?I DNT EVEN THINK WOLE SOYINKA EVEN IF INVITED TO A DEBATE OF SUCH WILL APPEAR COS HE HAS BETTER UNDERSTANDING.I REALLY WOULD NOT LIKE TO RESPOND TO THIS JUST REMAIN OPEN TO A BETTER CULTURAL MINDSET THANKS.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by oyekunle1: 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
kakachi: It is pointless to call for a bebate between Soyinka and PEJ.Those calling for a debate could as well call for
a boxing bout between Soyinka and Floyd Maywether or a wresling match between Soyinka and Undertaker(if them no go kill am)
It would have made a lot of sense if the purported debate is between Wole and other nobel laurets of the world or between
some brilliant nigerian professors.To the best of my knowledge Wole Soyinka has not being crowned the most intelligent man in Nigeria.(this is not intended to undermine his acheivements)My point is let the first lady be the first lady and the nobel lauret a nobel lauret.Or let Soyinka vie for the office of the president and make his brilliant wife the first lady.
He's a divorcee, neva mind d he-goat, guess he doesn't value femininity, or femininity is not in his dictionary. Why would I insult a lady!
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by AROSAI(f): 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
D 1st lady's 1st questn wld b,what kind of name is prof sef? lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Ayobami4u: 10:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
you see Nigerian comprises of many tribals and ethic group. all this noise this people making is useless even if they part what mineral resources do they have that can sustain them? or they the think the oil state will go wit them? and if u want to fight for a sovereign state this is not how to it by shouting and protestion. since they have senators and top people in government let them. agitate for them and go to national conference and not in barric manner.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Ayobami4u: 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
you see Nigerian comprises of many tribals and ethic group. all this noise this people making is useless even if they part what mineral resources do they have that can sustain them? or they the think the oil state will go wit them? and if u want to fight for a sovereign state this is not how to do it by shouting and protestion. since they have senators and top people in government let them. agitate for them and go to national conference and not in barric manner.
Re: Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka by Ayobami4u: 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
you see Nigerian comprises of many tribals and ethic group. all this noise this people making is useless even if they part what mineral resources do they have that can sustain them? or they the think the oil state will go wit them? and if u want to fight for a sovereign state this is not how to do it by shouting and protesting. since they have senators and top people in government let them. agitate for them and go to national conference and not in barric manner.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User / Marwa Alleges Plan To Manipulate Election Results In Southeast, South South / Adebo Ogundoyin Becomes Speaker Oyo Assembly At 32 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.