Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Falling In Love With Ur Friend! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Falling In Love With Ur Friend! (1495 Views)

Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) / Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With / Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by pareto(m): 2:34pm On May 22, 2008
Hi pple, there is this lady i met in my office. We became very close friends that we couldn't convince pple dat there was nothing between us. There is nothing we hide from eachother about our relationship and I know her boyfriend she knows mine. All of a sudden i got a new job and my love for her just grew that i had to tell her to her face dat i love her, but her response was that i should never repeat that statement again, pls what should i do eighter to convince her or get her love off my mind?
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 22, 2008
take a break and chill for some weeks,before u continue in ur chasing,by d way dont tell me u love ur girlfriend and ur friend at d same time?r u sure u r really inlove wt dis ur friend?maybe u r infatuated u know
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by HRhotness(f): 2:48pm On May 22, 2008
I'm not surprised,
you went about the whole thing in a tactless manner, absolutely no finesse

Its easier for girls to differentate between Platonic friendships and a relationship so much harder to cross the line
You need to slowly change the pace of your friendship
change your body language; rather than hold her hand, put ur hand on her lower back to guide her, it subconsciously induces a feeling of being protected,
go out on more intimate outings,
call her more often and at times when she's relaxed for instance just before she goes to bed,
change the tone of voice, try to be soothing, sound like you really care
and rather than talk about everyday stuff talk about personal issues; talk about how she feels,
always remember personal details, maybe her dreams or something she wants to buy or do, ask her about these in a later conversation, it shows u listen and u care.
finally look into her eyes when you talk to her, it allows her to see how u really feel

Under no circumstances shd you jump her, you have to be subtle
it will take time but its worth the wait, a romantic relationship between friends is a relationship destined to last

1 Like

Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by omega25red(m): 3:02pm On May 22, 2008
Any body seen that episode of "The Office" when Jim told Pam that he loves her though he knew that she had a fiancee

This one no be true name TV show episode this guy come tell us
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 22, 2008
my brother,

na lust of the flesh the disturb you, go to mountain of fire make them cure you undecided

Sipirt of seduction is in YOU
ROFLMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by nana(f): 3:21pm On May 22, 2008
lmao
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by ayeesha: 3:23pm On May 22, 2008
you said you have a girlfriend? do you really love her at all? *maybe not* cos if you do, i doubt if you will have eyes for anyone else! *poor lady, sitting there and thinking she has a boyfriend* cry
anyway, as for the other lady, i guess she is soo much in love with her boyfriend and has no time or love for someone else. keep trying sha!
tongue
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by menix(m): 3:40pm On May 22, 2008
O boy tell am again & see her reactions jare,
But wait oooo, so u really wan break an existing relationship,
Hmmm,
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by Tobiegal(f): 5:42pm On May 22, 2008
Too bad she cant play hide n seek wit u, sum friends wld ave taken advantage of dat despite d fact dat both parties knows dey r involved,

Am happie she thinks with her head, cos u obviously r thinking wit *** lipsrsealed
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by iku: 10:04pm On May 22, 2008
Hummmmmmmmmm,

'Love hurts but friendship hurts more,when it lost trough love.'
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by RampantT(f): 10:26pm On May 22, 2008
Things happen. . .no one is immune to love na grin cheesy
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by 2dye4(m): 10:43pm On May 22, 2008
@poster- u get along as best friends does not necessarily mean u are good together as lovers, besides ur both in committed relationships so why d sudden epiphany that u are in luv with her ? u mite be feeling something but just let her be if she aint feelin the same. wink
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by Nobody: 10:16am On May 23, 2008
Well keep fallin in love but dont forget that a broken friendship is worse than a broken relationship angry
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by Frando29(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2008
Please don't pour sand into the girl's garri. Leave her alone and move on. There are lots of single girls out there!
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by graffiti: 4:34pm On May 23, 2008
@poster
It your life remb, don't be pushed around till you get confused.
But you need to get some facts right first
1.Weren't you friends with your current lover b4 now?
2.What exactly is it that is attracting you to this new girl?(sincerely)
3.Is there no way you can develop even a closer friendship to your current girlfriend more than bfore?
4.Is it possible that you & ur current gf are only lovers not friends?
Re-evaluate your relationship carefully before you take any unfounded decision.
The best lover you can ever ask for is your best friend o. Afterall someone said "LOVE IS FRIENDSHIP SET ON FIRE"
All the best
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by Toyatc: 9:53pm On May 23, 2008
Guy i think u should back off and dn't repeat the word as she said unless u want to lose the trust in ur friendship.
She may probably see ur gesture as an act of betrayal.

I have this friend and we were so close dt people thought we were dating,bt nothing like that.
Then all of a sudden, he came up with this kind of 'i love u stuff', i felt bad and ws seriously hurt and that strained our relationship for like a year. Though we're back as before now, but it is nt an experience i would wish u.

Therefore, respect the fact that she has a boyfriend and maintain ur friendship with her.
If u're tired of ur present girlfriend, then look 4 someone else!

Goodluck to u.
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by itstpia1: 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
Infatuation, beware of it.

Men in particular, are more prone and that's how they never understand why the feeling vanishes after a while.
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by saasala(m): 1:21am On Aug 27, 2014
HRhotness: I'm not surprised,

Its easier for girls to differentate between Platonic friendships and a relationship so much harder to cross the line
change your body language; rather than hold her hand, put ur hand on her lower back to guide her, it subconsciously induces a feeling of being protected,
call her more often and at times when she's relaxed for instance just before she goes to bed,
and rather than talk about everyday stuff talk about personal issues; talk about how she feels,
always remember personal details, maybe her dreams or something she wants to buy or do, ask her about these in a later conversation, it shows u listen and u care.
finally look into her eyes when you talk to her, it allows her to see how u really feel

it will take time but its worth the wait, a romantic relationship between friends is a relationship destined to last

You are arguably the most sensible nairaland female. Had I read this comment 10 months ago, I would be dating 'HER' now. I made the same blunder as the OP and it cost me the friendship
Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by yerilistik: 1:34am On Aug 27, 2014
What an amazing analysis and advice. Simply put, YOU ARE GOOD !

Re: Falling In Love With Ur Friend! by youngds: 1:51am On Aug 27, 2014
Op@ collect HRhotness accts numb and surprise her, cus she just gave u all u can eva need to turn d game around.

YOU GOOD @HRh

(1) (Reply)

Why Some Naija Guys Nor Dey Get Love / True Love / Pms And Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.