Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims (28533 Views)

Disturbing Pictures Of Underage Boys Trained By Boko Haram / Names Of 35 Nigerian Senators Who Voted For Underage Marriage Bill / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Decryptor(m): 8:48am On Jul 20, 2013
moscobabs: sebi d man is part of Ibo? wat do u expect? is not a bastard.folow folow people...lol
May devil punish your mother
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Audukaya: 9:31am On Jul 20, 2013
berem: well who cares? Thank God am not a muslim. To hell with whatever they believe in. As long as it does not affect christians,no problem.
you are a true village boy.

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by tintingz(m): 10:14am On Jul 20, 2013
bgirl:

What is the use? It is called human rights. If I want to have sex before the age of 18 with another minor, that is my right to exercise. You cannot force me to go and marry an old disgusting freak because you don't want me to have premarital sex. Are you daft? Would you say this same ignorant nonsense about boys? If you were forced to marry at 12 so that you will not have premarital sex. Would you open your foul mouth and support it. You are highly ignorant.
Its a girl choice when little girls start sleeping around with boys and vice versa?? What is this world turning into? SMH undecided

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by true2talk(m): 10:27am On Jul 20, 2013
ilugunboy: ...and this is the dude some deluded dolts were praising to the heaven not long ago on this forum.

Asari is a confused adult...torn between a religion he converted into as an adult and the belief-system of the environment that he spent his formative years.

Woe betides anyone that takes this guy serious.
. My brother you are very very very correct about him. He is completely confuse and once again Woe betides anyone that takes him serious.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by toluene12: 10:35am On Jul 20, 2013
deols:

Why are you all talking of 30-40 year old men?? Are 30-40 year olds the only people who get married?

Maybe some are forced to get married and you have seen them but it would be a big LIE to continue to say that all of them are forced.

How are you sure Muslim girls wrote those books? Are you a learner? A grown man sits behind a computer, writing how he is Fatima and as well a Maryam suffering somewhere. Go to the Muslims section and check for a topic on hoaxes and fabrications. That will make you understand things better. It is all propaganda.

We cant be sure that anyone lived on your property but we can assume they did.. Such isolated cases should be reported to relevant authorities.

I am against premarital sex as well. But if teenagers MUST have sex, they should be married before it.

teenage premarital sex is a moral issue while early marriage is about social responsbility as a wife and her health to carry and nuture a child. The latter cannot be a panacea to the former.
The truth is this girls are married off without their consent and are left with little or no choice.
This girls may have start their monthly period but their body is still growing and thus is unprepared to carry a baby e.g their pelvis is too narrow to accomodate the passage of a child during delivery. Teenage pregnancy has a higher risk of premature delivery, stillbirth, difficult labour, obstructed labour and the dreaded VVF or RVF- passing urine or stool thru the vagina.
Most often, once they come down with VVF, they become social rejects and are sent away to VVF camps scattered all over major nothern cities, abandoned and forgotten by their husbands.
Even, if they are lucky to escape pregnancy related complication, they're still not immune. Sooner or latter, their husband will soon get tired of them and suerly will get rid of them(as these girls lack the mental capacity to engage in a matured relationship or communication with their husbands). Thus by age 20, most of them are victims of multiple divorces putting them at risk of cervical cancer(early marriage and multiple se.xual partners are risks).
Moerover, they are pulled out from school and their education terminated when they enter all these sham marriages. Thus they are deprived the opportunity to empower themselves and become somebody significant latter in life. These girls grow up to become social liabilities, they remain bound to poverty, and their only contribution to the community is continous breeding of almajiris and swelling the base of an overbloated poverty level in the country.
Finally, i know u're an intelligent and well educated muslim lady. Don't allow ur reasoning to be clouded by unfounded and biased sentiments. Poor judgment is a big disservice to humanity.
It's ur likes that can put an end to this nonsense called early marriage. They wont listen to us, because they consider us as outsiders but when u, an insider raise ur voice against this injustice, they will listen.
I admonish u to speak up for this less fortunate girls, they have a right to a fulfilled life just like u.
They should not be condemned to a life of fustration and poverty simply to satisfy the unusual apetite of a paedo.philic adult.
I'm so sure u wont suscribe to early marriage for ur teenage daughter even if she's misbehaving. U will rather adopt other disciplinary and orthodox methods to caution her.
The cycle of poverty can only be broken when u educate a girl child. Train a girl and u will build a nation.

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Otses(f): 10:53am On Jul 20, 2013
What kind of right is this? This is pure madness.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by khattab02: 11:03am On Jul 20, 2013
Is this the latest headline now? What all these about? Anyway, many of us know's that 18 is just a figure as many girls nowdays are well or become almost matured before that age.If u look at the rest of the world,it is not the same.It is 13 for countries like Japan and Argentina,12 for canada,Panama and Mexico and so on.For those calling for it,is it the most important issue on ground now?NO! I dont know why we most atimes waste our time and stress on what is not important even the Govrtment is fun of that.For example, we have the problem of unemployment,every year there are more graduates in the labour market.what would the gorvtment have to do? Instead of finding solutions to the ever increasing labour market,they built more universities.Imagine!!

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 20, 2013
These people are used to distract the public from the Amaechi saga.. They only talk when there is a massive attack on GEJ
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2013
deols:

Well I am talking in relation with teenagers who want to be sexually active.

They are active, anyway. The need to allow them is seen in many parts of the world.

In Germany(or not), condoms to fit teenagers are now being produced. In Islam, premarital sex is not allowed and if such teenagers would better be married, good for them

And the education part, nothing stops them from going to school. They do go to school still

I am not saying it is the best but there is no reason to disallow them that.

There is NO reason to disallow them that? This is the number one most idi*otic statement I have ever read from a supposedly educated person. I hope part of you giving your kids everything will include giving them a choice penis to screw 'legally' when they are 9! So the answer to premarital sex is not proper sex education, proper parenting, proper exposure and prosecution of child molesters and adults who take advantage of children's innocence etc; the answer is to forcefully marry them out to against their free will to a grown ass adult that sees them as nothing but a tight vagina to sleep with? What an imbec*ile!!

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
[quote
author=Black Peni5]

While you're at it, also remove your clothes and wear whatever it is
your ancestors were wearing. Also stop schooling and return to the farm
since these are also western imports.[/quote]On point! :-D:-D
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by deols(f): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
ileobatojo:

There is NO reason to disallow them that? This is the number one most idi*otic statement I have ever read from a supposedly educated person. I hope part of you giving your kids everything will include giving them a choice penis to screw 'legally' when they are 9! So the answer to premarital sex is not proper sex education, proper parenting, proper exposure and prosecution of child molesters and adults who take advantage of children's innocence etc; the answer is to forcefully marry them out to against their free will to a grown ass adult that sees them as nothing but a tight vagina to sleep with? What an imbec*ile!!

You didnt have to be insultive. There is nothing to gain from that. Oh, probably your religion teaches nothing on decorum?

The government would have to further define what age is too early. It is already in practice and no amount of shouting or bursting the nerves in your throat would help the matter.

That you see things differently doesnt make you any better. The morals that you want to claim is even obviously lacking in you as shown by your present and previous posts.

When you started to test drive all the men in this world in order to choose one, how old were you?
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by deols(f): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
toluene12:

teenage premarital sex is a moral issue while early marriage is about social responsbility as a wife and her health to carry and nuture a child. The latter cannot be a panacea to the former.
The truth is this girls are married off without their consent and are left with little or no choice.
This girls may have start their monthly period but their body is still growing and thus is unprepared to carry a baby e.g their pelvis is too narrow to accomodate the passage of a child during delivery. Teenage pregnancy has a higher risk of premature delivery, stillbirth, difficult labour, obstructed labour and the dreaded VVF or RVF- passing urine or stool thru the vagina.
Most often, once they come down with VVF, they become social rejects and are sent away to VVF camps scattered all over major nothern cities, abandoned and forgotten by their husbands.
Even, if they are lucky to escape pregnancy related complication, they're still not immune. Sooner or latter, their husband will soon get tired of them and suerly will get rid of them(as these girls lack the mental capacity to engage in a matured relationship or communication with their husbands). Thus by age 20, most of them are victims of multiple divorces putting them at risk of cervical cancer(early marriage and multiple se.xual partners are risks).
Moerover, they are pulled out from school and their education terminated when they enter all these sham marriages. Thus they are deprived the opportunity to empower themselves and become somebody significant latter in life. These girls grow up to become social liabilities, they remain bound to poverty, and their only contribution to the community is continous breeding of almajiris and swelling the base of an overbloated poverty level in the country.
Finally, i know u're an intelligent and well educated muslim lady. Don't allow ur reasoning to be clouded by unfounded and biased sentiments. Poor judgment is a big disservice to humanity.
It's ur likes that can put an end to this nonsense called early marriage. They wont listen to us, because they consider us as outsiders but when u, an insider raise ur voice against this injustice, they will listen.
I admonish u to speak up for this less fortunate girls, they have a right to a fulfilled life just like u.
They should not be condemned to a life of fustration and poverty simply to satisfy the unusual apetite of a paedo.philic adult.
I'm so sure u wont suscribe to early marriage for ur teenage daughter even if she's misbehaving. U will rather adopt other disciplinary and orthodox methods to caution her.
The cycle of poverty can only be broken when u educate a girl child. Train a girl and u will build a nation.

I agree with you no doubt that these are issues to look in to.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
deols:

You didnt have to be insultive. There is nothing to gain from that. Oh, probably your religion teaches nothing on decorum?

The government would have to further define what age is too early. It is already in practice and no amount of shouting or bursting the nerves in your throat would help the matter.

That you see things differently doesnt make you any better. The morals that you want to claim is even obviously lacking in you as shown by your present and previous posts.

When you started to test drive all the men in this world in order to choose one, how old were you?

Please go and bury your head in shame for the stupi*dity you have displayed here. What a dunce! So you are still here ranting, shame on you for all the crap you have spewed on this thread. Because you were 9 when you started enjoying joysticks doesn't mean everyone else is interested in the same. Some of us were too busy playing ten ten while you were busy leaving your mark around town. Obviously you must have done it at that age for you to see nothing wrong with what is being proposed.

Please apply your brain and apply logic to this issue. If not you will get called out! So tell me how will you determine which of your 10 yr old daughters is ready to start having sex so you can quickly marry her off to the next alhaji? How do you plan to ensure that the only children being given out in marriage are the hor*ny ones desperately wanting sex like you claim they are?

Lets not even go into the fact that if children are having sex at that age, it is simply because they are being abused for the most part! Instead of addressing that you prefer to just marry them off to someone who doesn't know them, love them or care about anything but their vaginas!! What an excellent parent you would be.

Even if you claim they are all sleeping around at that age like you were, does that mean they want to get married? Marriage o! An eternal commitment for that matter!!

Are you hearing yourself speak at all? Half wit!!
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by hardarms5050(m): 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
tintingz: Its a girl choice when little girls start sleep around with boys and vice versa?? What is this world turning into? SMH undecided
abeg help me ask the sex hungry girl. As she has even lost her morals and decency to spit such nonsense. Ill brought up pig!!!
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
deols:

The morals that you want to claim is even obviously lacking in you as shown by your present and previous posts.

And by the way I'm not claiming 'morals'. I'm claiming an educated and enlightened perspective, common sense and good judgement!
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
bgirl:

Would you say this same ignorant nonsense about boys? If you were forced to marry at 12 so that you will not have premarital sex. Would you open your foul mouth and support it.

Excellent question!! After all, men are scarce so why can't the single ladies have their own pickings if your 10 yr old sons. So they can catch hem young? Are you all okay with child husbands too? Forcefully married to people they have no interest in?

If that thought disgusts you, multiply that disgust by a hundred so you can clearly understand the outrage!
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by zada(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2013
@all, religion is a sensitive issue dat requires neutral mind set. Jus as Alhaji Asari said we shld not be sentimental abt issues, culture differs and the sooner we begin to appreciate dat the easier and better it is for peace to reign. The law is only meant for those who are Muslims and not applicable to the general citizens. So no nid to condemn wat that does not affect u and the religion u practice. And for the records when we say illitrates from the north we fail to reason with the fact that education doesn't mean u having western kind of knowledge/Education. Most of this people u count as illitrates had only islamic education, they can read, write and communicate using Arabic alphabets. So this brings us to the fore who is educated or not? A true muslim will neva condemn any religion it is not even tolerated islamically to call anoda person an unbeliever wen u don't have the moral justification to say u created that person. So pls let's be more educated and enlightened before we comment on issues. And many of us forget that before these religions we had our own cultural values wch embrassed early marriage, cos some of us had mothers that didn't knw much abt relationships but were married off to our grandfathers.I crave the endulgence of liberal minded nairalanders to see and appreciate odas culture and religion as it is, it doesn't make u less or greater. Understanding is of essence to a peaceful coexistence. God/Allah is one buh called in different terms and language. 1 luv
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
zada: @all, religion is a sensitive issue dat requires neutral mind set. Jus as Alhaji Asari said we shld not be sentimental abt issues, culture differs and the sooner we begin to appreciate dat the easier and better it is for peace to reign. The law is only meant for those who are Muslims and not applicable to the general citizens. So no nid to condemn wat that does not affect u and the religion u practice. And for the records when we say illitrates from the north we fail to reason with the fact that education doesn't mean u having western kind of knowledge/Education. Most of this people u count as illitrates had only islamic education, they can read, write and communicate using Arabic alphabets. So this brings us to the fore who is educated or not? A true muslim will neva condemn any religion it is not even tolerated islamically to call anoda person an unbeliever wen u don't have the moral justification to say u created that person. So pls let's be more educated and enlightened before we comment on issues. And many of us forget that before these religions we had our own cultural values wch embrassed early marriage, cos some of us had mothers that didn't knw much abt relationships but were married off to our grandfathers.I crave the endulgence of liberal minded nairalanders to see and appreciate odas culture and religion as it is, it doesn't make u less or greater. Understanding is of essence to a peaceful coexistence. God/Allah is one buh called in different terms and language. 1 luv
Boko Haram
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
zada: @all, religion is a sensitive issue dat requires neutral mind set. Jus as Alhaji Asari said we shld not be sentimental abt issues, culture differs and the sooner we begin to appreciate dat the easier and better it is for peace to reign. The law is only meant for those who are Muslims and not applicable to the general citizens. So no nid to condemn wat that does not affect u and the religion u practice. And for the records when we say illitrates from the north we fail to reason with the fact that education doesn't mean u having western kind of knowledge/Education. Most of this people u count as illitrates had only islamic education, they can read, write and communicate using Arabic alphabets. So this brings us to the fore who is educated or not? A true muslim will neva condemn any religion it is not even tolerated islamically to call anoda person an unbeliever wen u don't have the moral justification to say u created that person. So pls let's be more educated and enlightened before we comment on issues. And many of us forget that before these religions we had our own cultural values wch embrassed early marriage, cos some of us had mothers that didn't knw much abt relationships but were married off to our grandfathers.I crave the endulgence of liberal minded nairalanders to see and appreciate odas culture and religion as it is, it doesn't make u less or greater. Understanding is of essence to a peaceful coexistence. God/Allah is one buh called in different terms and language. 1 luv

Can you examine for us what the attraction to these children is by these old men? What are their desires towards these children? what do they want from them that can't be gotten from a consenting adult? Can you examine the massive power differential in these types of relationships and how it affects the helpless child? Can you talk about the physical complications for her? How about her emotional well being? Can you speak to the untold abuse these children face? How about their economic disadvantages. Children raising children?

If a religious teaching leads to severe oppression of one party for the sexual benefit if another, please excuse us if we express our disgust.

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by patpeypey: 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2013
http:///m3lxh2f <<Pls sign the petition and stop these paedophiles #ChildNotBride
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by damique(m): 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
This issue is quite alarming, underage marraige comes wit more sexual crimes, violence against womanhood... Rethink o, lets kp it 18!

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
damique: This issue is quite alarming, underage marraige comes wit more sexual crimes, violence against womanhood... Rethink o, lets kp it 18!

God bless you for having sense o!
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by adconline(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2013
Me_Aboki:

My friend, its a matter of choice, a legitimate right for those who wish to pursue it, it is not up to you or anybody to deprive them of that right, just in them same way that the Pope allows for sex between people as young as 13 years in the Vatican, in fact why don't you address the same question to him - at least Muslims give it the dignity of marriage.

It's not a legitimate right if you force a child to marry. Got it? Get it? Would you allow your daughter to marry? Why are boys not put in the same situation?

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by paramajit: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
Asarri dogidogi abi dobon dobon ni. Oru ko ti iya e ati baba e so-e.
Ashiere omo... Can't we just live normally like not allowing religion to be what we use most times. We ought to be able to different what is good and bad even without been told.
Eat, sleep,and get fat, sponsored by ASUU nd Proudly supported by shameless FG. Now its under 18 gals dey want to start marrying, #childnotbride##Silo J.
[email][/email]
Ifetex: So this man is a muslim! No wonder he's leader of a terrorists group(MEND)

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by redsun(m): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2013
This guy is truly a fat dddick head like most rebels that turn to Islam as the last resort.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by LagosShia: 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
M.B.O Owolowo: Child marriage: In the name of…?

By M.B.O Owolowo on July 19, 2013

Dailypost

The passage of the loathsome ‘Child Marriage’ law, following the amendment of Section 29(4) (b) of the 1999 Constitution, has been rightly criticised by the general public, I believe it should have been named appropriately as what it is, the “paedophilic law”.

Many cynics consider this bill an open invitation to the world’s randiest paedophiles and sex tourists, that we are open for lascivious business.

I know majority of legislators have hoodwinked the populace on many issues, including the tacit siphoning of our commonwealth, but I seriously wonder if they deliberated thoroughly on the wider implications of such actions. I must state I am gladdened by Senator Babafemi Ojudu’s revelation of the senate’s voting pattern, so all hope isn’t lost.

This ‘Child Marriage’ law is motivated by nothing more than the perversion of man, and the contumacious excesses of particular lawmakers who sponsor and support such lewdness. When such absurdities are initiated, there are always champions who lead such queasy causes, one of such protagonists is the latest “Spiritual consultant” to the President, Senator Sani Ahmed Yerima, who gained notoriety for his marriage to a young Egyptian girl. Though maligned for his actions, some wondered how it’s anyone’s business, after all the parents the Egyptian girl fully approved of it.

Agreed, what some of our lawmakers and public servants do in private is their business, but the enactment of such a law is another matter entirely.

I wouldn’t even delve into the controversial introduction of “Sharia” by Yerima and others- which was nothing more than political fanfare across many Northern states.

However, of important note was the chopping off a man’s hand for allegedly stealing during Yerima’s tenure as Governor, interestingly, the former EFCC boss, Nuhu Ribadu, accused Yerima of “direct stealing” of State funds as Governor of Zamfara- so why the selective chopping off of hands?

Evidently, we can’t all share the same views in any society, and respecting opposing views is encouraged, however I believe Child Rights should supersede all the divergent views in any polity, crossing all geographical enclaves.

I concede there are many people, who not only support such views as Yerima but also practice it, though such practices occur across the country, it is prevalent in Northern Nigeria- but it would be wrong to insinuate everyone from the North is in support of Child Marriage.

[b] On a personal note, of all the rhetoric in support of this bizarre practice, there’s nothing I find more repugnant than using the religion of Islam as justification.

Historically, Islam is often misrepresented and perceived through bias Orientalist pejorative- an orchestrated mechanism devised primarily to demonize Prophet Mohammed and Islam.

These Orientalists and those who reason as such, often mention the age of Aisha, the wife of the Prophet Mohammed, to promote an agenda meant to ridicule the entire faith.

Please permit me to digress and address my Muslim brethren without going into too much detail.

The notion that Aisha was 6 at betrothal or 9 at consummation can’t be substantiated, as the veracity of that story has been debunked with historical events that contradict such a possibility.

Evidences such as when she was born, period Aisha’s parents accepted Islam, her previous betrothal to someone else (Jubair), the time Khadija (first wife of Prophet) died, age of Fatima (Prophet Mohammed’s daughter) a contemporary of Aisha, age of Aisha’s sister, Asma. Other evidences include, Aisha’s involvement in some expeditions, battle of Uhud especially, her scholarly contributions, time of her death and other indisputable facts, have nullified this age ’6′ and ’9′ fable.

Some scholars, through the rigorous study of such evidences, stated Aisha may have been at least 19 years of age during her consummation.[/b]

It is important to state, there’s a difference between betrothal and consummation. A child, female especially, can be betrothed from the day she is born, which is still practised in many parts of the world, but, consummation is the real deal and the major concern, because this involves sexual intercourse.

There are cultural variations across the world with the ages ranging between 16 and 20 as marriageable age, however, age of sexual consent is another issue.

For instance, some Child Marriage practices, sometimes motivated by the need to cement political or financial ties, were previously acceptable in Western countries, but aren’t exactly commonplace presently. In the United Kingdom for example, we are aware girls under the age of 15 are sexually active and are delivering babies regularly, but the law states 18 as minimum age for marriage and 16 with parental consent, though in Scotland it is 16. The same applies to most African countries and even Muslim dominated countries.

These are facts, those who think it’s their “religious” duty or obligation to have child brides, may want to reconsider.

I am of the opinion this practice has more to do with culture than religion- an aberration all enlightened Muslim’s must reject intellectually.

The Quran should be the basis and its superiority to the Hadith, which are narratives, must be emphasized. There are verses in the Quran highlighting maturity and consent before marriage. So its wrongs to cherry-pick aspects of religious texts, like Hadith, and usually out of context, to suit personal whims, however perverted.

The same admonitory caution goes to mischief-makers trying to disparage Islam and cast aspersions on Prophet Mohammed. These are the hypocrites who only become “righteous” anytime it’s time to criticise Islam or it’s another “Open Season” on Muslim’s. These are people who in no way adhere to the dictates of their professed faith, but are the most opprobrious in such anti-Islamic matters.

I would like to give a big Kudos to some non- Muslims, Christians especially, for their objectivity: their opposition to tainting Islam on this matter, but concentrating on the real issue of Child Rights.

Many studies have revealed poverty is a key factor in almost all child marriage cases and indirectly related to Obstetric Fistula. Economic hardship leads many families to sell or lease their male and female children to sexual predators and child molesters across the globe.

I would implore the same energies that have rejected this Child Marriage bill be spent rejecting the factors perpetuating poverty in our milieu.

I gathered the Nigerian Senate passed the bill on religious rights grounds, if true; they may want to rescind such a decision- as it can’t be explicitly justified in the name of religion. I don’t know which “Islamic law” Senator Yerima is referring to in his twisted defence of a despicable act, as I am not aware of any. I hope those who hide under the guise of religion are aware Islam permits the evolvement of socio-cultural related laws- who knows, we may soon get one for the castration of men who only lust after prepubescent girls.

Religious rights mustn’t be abused under any guise, the fundamental human rights of others mustn’t be infringed upon in the name of religion. Let us protect the rights of our children. God Bless Nigeria!

m.b.o.owolowo@gmail.com

-M.B.O 2013©

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/07/19/m-b-o-owolowo-child-marriage-in-the-name-of/
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Gamesmart: 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
LagosShia:
[b] On a personal note, of all the rhetoric in support of this bizarre practice, there’s nothing I find more repugnant than using the religion of Islam as justification.

Historically, Islam is often misrepresented and perceived through bias Orientalist pejorative- an orchestrated mechanism devised primarily to demonize Prophet Mohammed and Islam.

These Orientalists and those who reason as such, often mention the age of Aisha, the wife of the Prophet Mohammed, to promote an agenda meant to ridicule the entire faith.

Please permit me to digress and address my Muslim brethren without going into too much detail.

The notion that Aisha was 6 at betrothal or 9 at consummation can’t be substantiated, as the veracity of that story has been debunked with historical events that contradict such a possibility.

Evidences such as when she was born, period Aisha’s parents accepted Islam, her previous betrothal to someone else (Jubair), the time Khadija (first wife of Prophet) died, age of Fatima (Prophet Mohammed’s daughter) a contemporary of Aisha, age of Aisha’s sister, Asma. Other evidences include, Aisha’s involvement in some expeditions, battle of Uhud especially, her scholarly contributions, time of her death and other indisputable facts, have nullified this age ’6′ and ’9′ fable.

Some scholars, through the rigorous study of such evidences, stated Aisha may have been at least 19 years of age during her consummation.[/b]

Some people also think it was the American government that blew up the World Trade Center so as to be able to start a war with Iraq.

My point is why do you appear to highlight this article as if these "some scholars" are the right ones? There are other scholars who put her at 9 and they seem to be winning the argument in the Islamic world considering many with sharia courts allow girls under 15 to marry and many governments do not intervene so as to avoid a retributional jihad.

Now we are having a significant proportion of Senators from Sharia states showing us they support the other scholars you want to casually dismiss.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by bgirl: 4:09am On Jul 21, 2013
tintingz: Its a girl choice when little girls start sleeping around with boys and vice versa?? What is this world turning into? SMH undecided
Yes, it is a girls choice. Give her the right upbringing so that she will make the right choices in life but don't use pedophilia as a solution to fornication.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by bgirl: 4:13am On Jul 21, 2013
hardarms5050: abeg help me ask the sex hungry girl. As she has even lost her morals and decency to spit such nonsense. Ill brought up pig!!!
That was a hypothetical statement, did you see the "if" in front of it. Ok, you don't know what hypothetical means? Well, it is not my fault you didn't go to school. Blame your parents.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by tintingz(m): 6:29am On Jul 21, 2013
bgirl:
Yes, it is a girls choice. Give her the right upbringing so that she will make the right choices in life but don't use pedophilia as a solution to fornication.
and you support fornication for little girls? undecided
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by dragunov: 9:15am On Jul 21, 2013
Abdoolhafeez: its mad to marry underage, but its not mad to furck, friend nd pregnant underaged girls in d south nd west, i think its better to pregnant them in d name of maiiriege, i was @ both south nd west, but i have seen a girls of jss 2, 3 with belly nd they are d one to take care of themselves.
Last time I checked, teenage pregnancy and sexual misadventure is abhorred in the southwest 'cause its against there values. Yes teenagers do get pregnant, but usually due to lack of self control in the part of the adventurous JSS 2/3 (who is probably 16 or 17 because she was not enrolled on time) and her boyfriend who is probably of the same age or slightly older. But that does not mean it is socially acceptable.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by 1025: 9:32am On Jul 21, 2013
this is exactly where pdp has brought us to. a situation where we listen to bandits and rebels, criminals and ex-convicts.
i have seen govts and corruption in nigeria, i have never seen this type of jonathan's govt even under the military.
to the extent that our bale first lady wants govs to rule according to his her dictates.
we keep going from bad to worse. under normal circumstances, who will let dokubo be a role model and a spokesman to a pupil?
we are in a very deep mess.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters / Checkout Who The New NIMASA Directors Are. / Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.