Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims (28527 Views)

Disturbing Pictures Of Underage Boys Trained By Boko Haram / Names Of 35 Nigerian Senators Who Voted For Underage Marriage Bill / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by aurenflani: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
emmysenior:

[size=20pt]Boko haram[/size]

Hypocrite! Ask your mum to tell you how at what age was your granny married out. undecided
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
Na wa o. Islam is an awesome religion but I find it so disturbing when some people take it out of context. Islam considers a girl child innocence and encourages women to take strategic positions as a leader. For a girl to be married as underage has a lot of criteria to be considered but even at the consideration of those criteria,it gives room for a girl child to grow and make certain decisions on her own. PAEDOPHILIa is a crime in Islam and such should not be encouraged in modern day. As for me,I WOULD SAY A BIG CAPITAL NO TO UNDERAGE MARRIAGE.. Islam is a religion of peace and shouldn't be quoted out of context to suit lawmakers and some Paedophile elites in Nigeria. It's not an African culture & it goes against the practices of civilization l

2 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by PosCaricature: 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
This block-headed fool just want to be relevant at all cost. Chief criminal of Niger Delta.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by hardarms5050(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
mediachirps: Muslims always terrorize human ls in many ways. ok suit you. someone will dis virgin your day old daughters one day in name of underage marriage and Muslim stupid believe.
i suggest u choose ur words carefully b4 spitting dem out. Mind u its nt sex we talking abt here bt rightful marriage accepted by both parties and nt against there will. For ur information its far better to have four wives than fornicate arnd like u pple do under the disguise of one wife.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Kcseeyou: 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
"For the beast will sought to change the laws in a way to suit its depraved intentions".. So If dem allow this man he go put him preey 4 10yr old girl toto. Kaaiii Mental dissolution and Torment. angry
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by kingabesh: 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
@hardarma5050, d four wives u guys marry does it satisfy u people. Promiscusity is a personal thing. if U ar wise as u said. U ar d one 2 watch ur words. Any religion any body worship, wen u died, u wil discover d truth. So talk wisely

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
olamisegbe: well prophet also married a 9 year old girl 2...no crime in dt

My brother. Are u a Muslim?if U are,I'd love to educate on the ills of underage marriage in a society like ours. Have u heard of VVF? Please,if U haven't,try google it. Do u know Northern Nigeria has the highest rate of VVF in the world? Have u ever asked yourself what the cause is?
Ok,lemme take it up from your assumption that the prophet married an underage but do U know what the practice of life was as at then?

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Giddyprance(m): 9:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
homesteady: I never knew there was a law stopping under-18 girls from getting married!! Because I see it happening everyday!! Old men getting married to very young girls!! A girl that is just 15 years is already having 2-3 children!!
It is a Northern thing!! Many of them are uneducated!! Because I don't see an educated girl getting married at 15-16 years!!
its nt a question of being allowed to marry.Its a question of underage married girls being taken as adults
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Dagoma: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
We'll continue to marry at young age, let them continue to marry after their daughters might have finished their prostitution or become frustrated or become old or all of the above.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by IYANGBALI: 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
berem: well who cares? Thank God am not a muslim. To hell with whatever they believe in. As long as it does not affect christians,no problem.
that is it darling but pls be fast with your education in the university so that we can do our wedding,you at 39 going to 40 a and me 46 age is no longer on our side again grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by IYANGBALI: 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
hardarms5050: i suggest u choose ur words carefully b4 spitting dem out. Mind u its nt sex we talking abt here bt rightful marriage accepted by both parties and nt against there will. For ur information its far better to have four wives than fornicate arnd like u pple do under the disguise of one wife.
as if after marrying those four wives,they dont go out to commit adultery,abeg make we hear word

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by IYANGBALI: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
sanniemoe: Na wa o. Islam is an awesome religion but I find it so disturbing when some people take it out of context. Islam considers a girl child innocence and encourages women to take strategic positions as a leader. For a girl to be married as underage has a lot of criteria to be considered but even at the consideration of those criteria,it gives room for a girl child to grow and make certain decisions on her own. PAEDOPHILIa is a crime in Islam and such should not be encouraged in modern day. As for me,I WOULD SAY A BIG CAPITAL NO TO UNDERAGE MARRIAGE.. Islam is a religion of peace and shouldn't be quoted out of context to suit lawmakers and some Paedophile elites in Nigeria. It's not an African culture & it goes against the practices of civilization l
if it is a crime how come some people here are making noise that Mohammed married a nine year old girl?

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by IYANGBALI: 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
aurenflani:

Hypocrite! Ask your mum to tell you how at what age was your granny married out. undecided
that was then my friend,if i come to ask for your 6 or 7 year old daughter,s hand in marriage how would you feel?stop the pretense and face the fact
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by IYANGBALI: 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
patriot4: you guys are not real muslims, you pretend to be muslims in order to fvck little children.
Real muslims are educated and would never have anything to do with that.
They believe only the prophet has that right and that it was the olden days.
I am a muslim and I oppose underaged marrage and gay marrage.
you people advocating underaged marrage are paedophiles.
God bless you. You are a genuine muslim
m not all these fakes that are looking for underage children to fok

3 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by 1Dray(m): 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
adino:

How I wish you were a muslim, you would have since been married off, saving us all of the bad attitudes you display here.
And who told you she is not a muslim? I can authoratively tell you that she is a muslim but a very unfortunate one as she couldnt get an unfortunate mallam to marry her off even as a teenager till she got to this her 'chus ne' present age, little wonder her bad attitude... Blame it on fustration.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
kraftykc:

Abeg learn to respect the human body, it wasn't made to bear kids at 14! People doing that too are just fuckken pedofiles!

Nor was d human body made to collect old men shaft at 14 - pedophiles
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by deelobe: 10:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pervert!
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by deols(f): 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
How many of the people against this were not already sexually active at those ages?

Oh! It is a matter of whom they are having it with? undecided
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by barrysmith: 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
fucking pedophiles.... has anybody ever asked how this children feel about getting married by that age, when their mates are watching barney and shit
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by delight03: 11:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
what can we say about sm girls in js 1 to js getting pregnant in sw/se/ss and still claim to be civilized
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by deols(f): 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
delight03: what can we say about sm girls in js 1 to js getting pregnant in sw/se/ss and still claim to be civilized

Exactly my point.

Marriage offers them better protection, actually.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by 1Dray(m): 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
deols:

Exactly my point.

Marriage offers them better protection, actually.
Better protection void of adequate education, huh?
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Sissie(f): 11:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
The question is what is underage?
Who's an underage?
What factors determine who's an underage when it comes to marriage?
Is it age? Maturity? Biology?
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by flakkygirl(f): 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
Scarpon: its our tradition not a law the northern part of Nigeria the qwari people get married as from age of 12 and upwards. my mum was married at the age of 16 granny at the age of 15 its our tradition we should not allow the western life take it out from us
wow! Guess d parents cant wait to be rid of dia children in your linage. Wat a pity

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by BlackBaron: 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
From the mouth of the same Dokubo that eulogised Osama Bin Laden.

I am now convinced your humanities has been slowly ebbed away.

A case of State Certified Pedophilia and some b@stards here justify it also. shocked

WTF!
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Ejkemechristia: 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
Make una sharer am b/w 2 of u, islamic is a curse to Nigeria.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
IYA NGBALI: if it is a crime how come some people here are making noise that Mohammed married a nine year old girl?

Well,what was applicable to people of that time is not applicable to modern age. This is an issue that needs to be critically examine as an individual. Lemme explain this way. For instance,Say in a verse,it was quoted.. "The Lord said marry the widows,it doesn't matter the numbers,take care of their kids and build a nation"
As believers in that particular time,The verse was well received and the individuals that verse was directed to did as instructed...
The aim of the particular verse if well examined was to build a nation,which came last and covered the whole context.. Then,if U as a person read deeper beyond the words of the verse,U will find,that it was an act to keep a certain group of people together so they can grow into a nation of many.
Fast forward to this modern age,how would U apply that verse or action to the people of this age? How possible or comfortable will it be for a man to marry 10widows and cater for over 20kids? If u ask me,I will tell U it's suicidal.not in this modern age,with this economic crisis here and there. What nation does he intend building in this age of population explosion? Don't forget that the possibility of those kids committing incest even when the verse was revealed,incest at that time might be forgiven cos of the nature of the situation but wouldn't it be a grave sin if committed now?
Now,back to the real issue of underage marriage,that the prophet did it then doesn't mean it's applicable now. There must have been something that led to the prophet doing it and in my own view,for the prophet to have done it without criticism then meant a lot of people,noblemen,kings,elite,even the poor of that time must have done it or be doing it..lets now apply the example of widow marriage I gave earlier to this situation. If underage marriage is applicable in modern times,it shouldn't be a thing of abuse (as in the case of Yerima and his cohorts) and then,the nature surrounding that marriage has to be critically examined..
A few questions then comes to mind like, has the girl attained puberty?
Does she understand what it means to be married?
Is she truly willing to let go of all her ambitions to be married and raise kids?
I wouldn't want to quote a lot of instances where this issue is wrong in modern times and in our society for the fear of being misunderstood but for me,UNDERAGE MARRIAGE IN A SOCIETY LIKE OURS ISN'T RIGHT
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 20, 2013
Dagoma: We'll continue to marry at young age, let them continue to marry after their daughters might have finished their prostitution or become frustrated or become old or all of the above.
Speak for yourself, I am a muslim but I am not a paedophile. So stop saying we. Go back to your familly of paedophiles and let muslims live with their time.

2 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Omotolaaraujo(f): 12:00am On Jul 20, 2013
Pedophiles, rapists, and perverts!
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by deols(f): 12:04am On Jul 20, 2013
1Dray:
Better protection void of adequate education, huh?

Well I am talking in relation with teenagers who want to be sexually active.

They are active, anyway. The need to allow them is seen in many parts of the world.

In Germany(or not), condoms to fit teenagers are now being produced. In Islam, premarital sex is not allowed and if such teenagers would better be married, good for them

And the education part, nothing stops them from going to school. They do go to school still

I am not saying it is the best but there is no reason to disallow them that.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 20, 2013
delight03: what can we say about sm girls in js 1 to js getting pregnant in sw/se/ss and still claim to be civilized
I think those girls you are talking about were raped, the laws of Nigeria do not allow paedophilia and I don't know a society in Nigeria that allows its underaged girls to be bedded, it is a great shame to each one of the societies.
Offer your daughter a brighter future by educating her and helping her get a job, like that she will marry the person who deserves her the best and who will make her happy.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 20, 2013
deols:

Well I am talking in relation with teenagers who want to be sexually active.

They are active, anyway. The need to allow them is seen in many parts of the world.

In Germany(or not), condoms to fit teenagers are now being produced. In Islam, premarital sex is not allowed and if such teenagers would better be married, good for them

And the education part, nothing stops them from going to school. They do go to school still

I am not saying it is the best but there is no reason to disallow them that.
You are completely wrong and if you want us to copy germany then you mean we should also allow gay marrage.
So no, the west is not an example in this. By the way they do criminalise paedophilia in the west (which is what I advocate for).
I do not think teenagers should have anything to do with sex. But that is my personnal opinion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji / Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President / Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.