Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Weak Men Fall In Love.. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Weak Men Fall In Love.. (4619 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men Fall In Love Quickly / Mystery: Great Men Fall-Outs. Is It So Hard To Run? / Why do Most Nigerian Men Fall In Love Soooo Quickly! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Goldenboy007(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
chelseaguy:

Those 4 words he mentioned are Greek gods for love and lust. Get you facts right please.

Bros sorry o i do not understand the basis of your argument, are you in disagreement with the names or the line of thesis ? if you are arguing on the names then i can't help you cos you need to refer to Wikipedia or a good dictionary, they can help you with the origin of those names. For now i am only using the "Wikipedia" names to differentiate between the available options of discussions. Hope my reply doesn't sound cheeky? not my intentions.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2013
Not everybody falls in love over material possessions or sexy bodies.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Goldenboy007(m): 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Not everybody falls in love over material possessions or sexy bodies.

That's just a typical example, we all have our "special reasons" for "falling" and nothing makes your reasons more noble than your neighbors. My point is whatever your excuse is it is still a "self" reason....!!! The only time it is not self is when you want to practice "mercy" dating or empathetic love which we all frown at !!! If you want to love because you see a need to help the individual why don't you go to motherless babies homes or the physically challenged or the psychiatric homes? Then that's love without selfish reasons except one is a ritual killer looking for body parts.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by tpia5: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
chelseaguy:

Those 4 words he mentioned are Greek gods for love and lust. Get you facts right please.

Eros is intimate love ie sex eg lust.

Phileo is friendship or affection. eg like, or friendship.

Storge is friendship, filial affection, or just pain affection. Not s.exual.

Agape is the love of God towards people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eros_(concept)

Eros refers to the greek god of love only when used as a noun.

The op's context is a concept, as shown by his inclusion of the other forms of love in his original post.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Goldenboy007(m): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
tpia@:

Eros is intimate love ie sex eg lust.

Phileo is friendship or affection. eg like, or friendship.

Storge is friendship, filial affection, or just pain affection. Not s.exual.

Agape is the love of God towards people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eros_(concept)

Eros refers to the greek god of love only when used as a noun.

The op's context is a concept, as shown by his inclusion of the other forms of love in his original post.

Thank you bro, i like rational arguments and that's what distinguishes maturity. I like your replies, it doesn't necessarily mean you agree with my opinion but at least you are considering the logicality of my reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Fkforyou(m): 11:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
@Golden...nice thread,I've being trying analyse this issue even before u created this thread,I just decided to give up that thought,but it seems u really delve into it and dats impressive...but just know that everybody is different and not everybody is going to agree with you.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Jman06(m): 5:58am On Jul 21, 2013
Call it lust or infatuation,d best feeln a guy can have is to fall in love with a lady!D secretion of love hormone is good 4 d body,so bruh,try and fall in love.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 21, 2013
Jman06: Call it lust or infatuation,d best feeln a guy can have is to fall in love with a lady!D secretion of love hormone is good 4 d body,so bruh,try and fall in love.

You hear this guys... Go fall in love grin
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by lyfe(m): 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
Goldenboy. I love that piece I have always said love is all about calculation.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Goldenboy007(m): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
Jman06: Call it lust or infatuation,d best feeln a guy can have is to fall in love with a lady!D secretion of love hormone is good 4 d body,so bruh,try and fall in love.

grin grin grin grin grin grin, yessss boss i would really like that but my common sense isn't allowing me, it is just too active. Maybe when i am old, rich and with senile dementia then i have lots of money to throw around !!! grin grin grin grin grin grin. Not now sha...hustling continues..

1 Like

Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Goldenboy007(m): 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

You hear this guys... Go fall in love grin

Missus yes i know how it feels like grin grin grin, you must have felt it too at one time,that slight tingly feelings you have when you talk to that your special person...yeaaaah ! that beautiful heavenly feeling...yes it is commonsense leaving your body grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Feemmy(m): 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
dude, dnt try to contradict urself. U already said it, it doesn't exist.

Aside God's love, none other exists.

The closeness and feeling of oneness between families and members is just a simple fact of blood!

And between u and ur parents, and ur siblings is because technically, and genetically, u and ur sinblings are just a little fractions of ur parents combines.

So,

You + siblings = parents

And you = your siblings.

Everyone is the same.
U can't hate u. They can't hate themselves. That attraction is more clearer.

Now, the ones betwwen lovers are nothing but homorne surge. A homorne called oxytocin releases what te scientist termed a 'love hormone'. This causes attraction in all animals. And the brain chooses the time of it's release.

1. It might be at the first sight of the person: love at first sight.

2. After touching the person: infatuation

3. After kissing/sex: lust

4. After being close/talking with the person: fondness.

And once the brain releases the hormone, it releases it everytime u think of, or see the person. Or evertime the first action that triggers the release is done.

This explains why some are only interested in sex, just friendship, just being around the person, or all of the above!

And some people are so foolish that they allow this to take over them that is becomes an obsession. This obsession is what we decided to call 'love'!

There comes a time wen an hormone that suppresses this is released. Most times during anger. This is just a fact that it is might be temporal or premanent, due to the actors involved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just an excerpt from a whole book still under research by the author- KINGwaxâ„¢.

The research itself is duly protected.

Any unauthorised usage is an infringement of the copyright law of the FGN.

Thank you.

Nice fact.
I would like to read Your book

(1) (2) (Reply)

41 Photos Guys On Nairaland Can Relate To / Do Playing Games Enhances Marriage Life / My Photo File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.