Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States (21370 Views)

Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States / Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today / APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 20, 2013
Following the adoption by the Senate, of the controversial child bride, aggrieved citizens have planned to stage protests in different states today.

Some of the states include; Lagos, Abuja, Ondo, Port Harcourt, Kaduna and Ogun States, amongst others.

The protest was designed to get people to sign a petition, with the estimate of two million people, that would be submitted to the State Houses of Assembly, chronicling the grouses of the aggrieved persons on the proposed law which many have termed as bad.

In a statement made available to THISDAY by one of the organosers, Japheth Omojuwa, he said the protest would be more of petition signing to register their grouse against the law which seeks to permit female minors to be married off to older males.

Tagged "ChildNotBride", the rally will hold at the state Civic Center, Moscow Road, Port Harcourt between 10am and 2pm and on Sunday at CIWA Catholic Church, House on the Rock and Heritage House by 10am.

In Abuja, he said the rally will hold at Unity Fountain, Near Transcorp Hilton, Maitama, while in Lagos, between about 9am and 12pm, different rallies would be held at
Ojeez Restaurant, National Stadium Surulere, Alausa Park, opposite Lagos State Governor’s Office, Ikeja.

Others are the Palms Shopping Mall, Lekki, New African Shrine, Agidingbi, Ikeja and
Union Bank, Alaba Junction. Oja-Alaba axis.

In Ibadan, the rally was billed for 9am to 12pm at Mokola behind Group medical hospital, Press correspondent building, while in Akure, it was billed for 12pm at Adegbemile Cultural Centre, Akure.

Also, in Kaduna, between the hours of 9am to 12pm, people are expected to throng the Lugard Hall Front Gate, to sign the petition.

Also speaking, the CEO of Rise Networks, Toyosi Akerele, said it was very unfortunate that the Senate had okayed underage women for marriage in Nigeria

She said, "This is the most absurd thing any sane government could ever do. With the teeming number of teenage pregnancies and the social and health hazards that we are already battling with, one wonders if our law makers are really thinking at all. Have they heard about obstructed labour due to small pelvis of the “child” mother?

"Have they heard about Obstetric fistula that results from prolonged obstructed labour that makes the girl leak urine continuously and makes her a social outcast? Do they know that many of these “children” are divorced and driven out of their husbands’ homes because of this malady?

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/child-bride-saga-massive-protest-to-hold-today-in-lagos-abuja-other-states/153830/

12 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by seunfly: 7:39am On Jul 20, 2013
I hope ds will not be begining of mass revolt awaiting Nigeria, cos one harmless thing will triger it up and it will expand like wild fire.

6 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by 1MCN: 7:40am On Jul 20, 2013
How I wish this protest would be real and even more massive than the Fuel Subsidy Removal protest of January last year. I feel basely dissappointed with our so-called Lawmakers.

In sane societies Mr Yerima would be ostracised and stripped of all recognitions by his local people for his brazen and psychadelic paedophilia!

24 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by REMMEI(m): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2013
@topic..pedoph!le is a psychological disorder and it's so clear that 90% of our psychotic senators are suffering from this deviant behaviour..women please rise up and safe your future..if you support this abusive act you can keep mute

8 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by greatgod2012(f): 8:27am On Jul 20, 2013
This is encouraging, let us fight for the future of our teenage girls,

I am fully in support of this and i wll gladly join one in my state. These pedophile senators cant go on like this. Yerima&co......shame on you all.
Awon agbaaya jatijati.

19 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 20, 2013
Make them go siddon joor. Una no hold protest on beta matta na dis one come dey make una blood rush? Dem force you to marry under aged babe abi dem se make u marry off ur daughter early? FOOLS

24 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by stanech: 8:35am On Jul 20, 2013
Nairaland !!! Someone just deleted my post so u can't say my mind again. And u will be complaining saying you want justice. The world is not fair etc. But the truth remains that if they want to protest it should be about the senators stealing and giving life pension to themseleves not some stupid marriage law. Na today e start abeg whoever deleted my post put am back oooooo

6 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by stanech: 8:42am On Jul 20, 2013
All I am saying is that if the parent and the child is ok with it then who am I to tell a full grown man how to live his/her life.
We should learn to do the right things in this country. Protest my foot. One gunshut from mobile police now una go begin run..

7 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by bcomputer101: 8:45am On Jul 20, 2013
Don Demu: Make them go siddon joor. Una no hold protest on beta matta na dis one come dey make una blood rush? Dem force you to marry under aged babe abi dem se make u marry off ur daughter early? FOOLS

You are a FO*OL to call them fool...
Can the metaphysical forces disturbing your brain please permit me to say woe unto YOU?...

I pity your childlike level of understanding and your generation unborn.

46 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Jakumo(m): 8:46am On Jul 20, 2013
Severe and permanent medical damage can occur when a CHILD is rhaped by an adult and made pregnant. The pelvic bone of a child is not yet large enough to accommodate the passage of a baby, and so MASSIVE bone and nerve damage can occur, such that the child thereafter loses the ability to retain urine, whereby the urine leaks continuously and uncontrolably, for the rest of that person's life. Worse still,PERMANENT leg paralysis can also result when a child goes into labor, due to compressive nerve damage that can occur with the passage of a baby through an under-developed pelvic bone.

The child molesters of Northern Nigeria should be identified as the predatory zexual offenders and serial paedophiles that they are, such that they will be BARRED from travel to the civilized nations of the world, and perhaps even subjected to international arrest warrants for advocating crimes against children. These animals are the scum of the Earth, and should be caged accordingly

28 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Dereformer(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2013
This is why I keep saying something must be wrong with Islam. Asari dokubo said toddler marriage is the right of Moslems.

I served in the north, what I saw during those days made me conclude that if Nigeria disintegrate, the North will suffer seriously.

Nine in every twelve teenage girls were pregnant at that time. It was during my stay there that I heard of an ailment called VVF suffered by teenage girls as a result of pregnancy.

In terms of education, in 100 years to come the north will be nowhere close to the south; even if their cut-off mark for admission is reduced to 1 from the current 2.

Child abuse is what our Islamic senators want to legalize in this country.

Every well meaning Nigerian should say no to this.

On the alternative, child abuse should be legalized in the north.

37 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Danhumprey: 8:56am On Jul 20, 2013
Don Demu: Make them go siddon joor. Una no hold protest on beta matta na dis one come dey make una blood rush? Dem force you to marry under aged babe abi dem se make u marry off ur daughter early? FOOLS
angry

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by sanandreas(m): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2013
Those in favour of the protest say IIIIIIIIIII

5 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by greatgod2012(f): 9:09am On Jul 20, 2013

may God heal your brain!

13 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Eazeee(m): 9:10am On Jul 20, 2013

ISLAM!ISLAM!ISLAM!
what a curse 2 dis generation. Just look @ how myopic ur argument is. Does dis islam turn upside down people's sense of reasoning? How can u foolishly say if that is what d family want 4 demsef let it b. In other word GAY marriage should hav equally b legalised since thats a choice of both parties & nobody is forced into that. What a people, what a nation. Islam,hausa fulani are a curse 2 dis con3

19 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Capnd143(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2013
I pray the protest escalates to involving bigger problems that hinder our coperate existence as a nation. #OccupyNigeria didnt succeed, i pray this one does, those senators seeking life pension, should face life sentences or prefarably a firing squad.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 20, 2013
bcomputer101:

You are a FO*OL to call them fool...
Can the metaphysical powers disturbing your brain please permit me to say woe unto YOU?...

You are also a fool for calling me one. permit me to say BLESS YOU...

4 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by polokor60(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2013
stanech: All I am saying is that if the parent and the child is ok with it then who am I to tell a full grown man how to live his/her life.
We should learn to do the right things in this country. Protest my foot. One gunshut from mobile police now una go begin run..
The young malala in pakistan stood up against one of the world's most dreadful terrorist organisations in order to emancipate the girl child from the bondage of child slavery in the guise of child marriage,it almost cost the young female her precious life because she wanted all the female children to be educated in pakistan.

Your comment is very typical of a coward.Nigeria is among the nations with a very high child/mother mortality rate in the world and cowards like you and the preverted senators intend to include child labour to the high mortality rate that have plague the women of nigeria and you expect people with sane/sound minds to remain silent.It seem cowards/preverts like you have the intention of sending little girls(the future mothers of nigeria)into extinction.

14 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 20, 2013
U bunch of jobless folks who hate the word PEACE. How e tek concern u? As d law no come make am mandatory to marry or marry off an underaged babe makes it a matter of free will. May be u guys are just being jealous cos u quiet well know how tight a 9yr old will be down there and ur fake religious belief will not allow you have a taste

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Omen100(m): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2013
Let's come together to guide & protect the Nigerian Girl Child irrespective of her location, state, region & religion. They need our voices & protection's because they can neither voice out or protect themselves from the paedophilia's, pro-child molesters & pro-child marriage group with their heavy, lengthen & large anacondas they carried in between their legs.

4 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Rooneyboy(m): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2013
Don Demu: U bunch of jobless folks who hate the word PEACE. How e tek concern u? As d law no come make am mandatory to marry or marry off an underaged babe makes it a matter of free will. May be u guys are just being jealous cos u quiet well know how tight a 9yr old will be down there and ur fake religious belief will not allow you have a taste

Who the hell is this deranged fellow

Just look @ where ur dirty minds are going to......

Tightness of a 9 year old.

U enjoy ur selves with ur un-circumcised prick while the toddler wallow in pain and anguish.

#DEMONIC RELIGION#

70 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by saolab: 9:48am On Jul 20, 2013
Chai, why are they disturbing themselves for things they were less concern, there are so many problems in nigeria that they supose to protest for but they keep quiet. Because this law relate to Islam they are now shouting.they should put it thier memory that Christian,Islam or western world have thier laws and belief which differ from each other,so what someone called under age may not be under age to other. Or do the law force anybody to marry against his/her wish?. Hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Omen100(m): 9:52am On Jul 20, 2013
Rooneyboy:

U enjoy ur selves with ur un-circumcised prick while the toddler wallow in pain and anguish.

#DEMONIC RELIGION#

Please Ma/Sir, just ignore him, I beg U.
We are the ones making demands here & we should not allow any uncrupulous individual to derail our purposes of being here this beautiful saturday morning.

Please, just leave him alone to languish in his paedophilia world of fools.

6 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Omen100(m): 9:59am On Jul 20, 2013
saolab: Chai, why are they disturbing themselves for things they were less concern, there are so many problems in nigeria that they supose to protest for but they keep quiet. Because this law relate to Islam they are now shouting.they should put it thier memory that Christian,Islam or western world have thier laws and belief which differ from each other,so what someone called under age may not be under age to other. Or do the law force anybody to marry against his/her wish?. Hypocrisy.

I agreed with you that there are lots of problems in Nigeria as at today, but the Nigerian Girl Child must be or should be protected by all means & we will not & never allowed those paedophilia's, pro-child molesters & pro-child marriage group with their heavy, lengthen & large anacondas they carried in between their legs to have their way this time around & we will do something about this one, since we can't do anything about numerous problems of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Eazeee(m): 10:03am On Jul 20, 2013
Don Demu: U bunch of jobless folks who hate the word PEACE. How e tek concern u? As d law no come make am mandatory to marry or marry off an underaged babe makes it a matter of free will. May be u guys are just being jealous cos u quiet well know how tight a 9yr old will be down there and ur fake religious belief will not allow you have a taste

i blame d religion of peace 4 ur retarded thinking that lacks a simple logic. In other word u mean Gay marriage should hav been legalised since nobody is forced into it. Religion n politics dont mix 2gether if @ all nigeria wants 2 move forward

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Brimmie(m): 10:04am On Jul 20, 2013
Na Now Una Com Dey Protest Shey Suffering N Smiling!!

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Lordlexy: 10:40am On Jul 20, 2013
A psychiactric sub human like you. What makes you think any one is as cursed as you and your fellow muslims. Islam and its adhearers are a curse; child molestation, terrorism, sharia all of these and many characterised your religion. Hypocrite. Who knows, very soon, you may want bombing of churches to be legalise since it is enshrine in ur quoran. Bunch of nit - wit. You should bow ur head in shame, instead of displaying plain stupidity.
You are a disgust. The attendant medical effect alone, couple wit it social ills, is enough for any right thinking man to totaly disregard it.

14 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by saolab: 10:42am On Jul 20, 2013
Omen100:

I agreed with you that there are lots of problems in Nigeria as at today, but the Nigerian Girl Child must be or should be protected by all means & we will not & never allowed those paedophilia's, pro-child molesters & pro-child marriage group with their heavy, lengthen & large anacondas they carried in between their legs to have their way this time around & we will do something about this one, since we can't do anything about numerous problems of Nigeria.
Thank you, but you have igored my request concerning adulthood (womanhood) age in your religion with evidence.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by slimyem: 10:52am On Jul 20, 2013
Knowing that most Nigerian protests end in futility,I wouldn't waste time and energy joining in this one. If they succeed in making these idiot senators revert this law,I'd be really surprised.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Lordlexy: 11:00am On Jul 20, 2013
slimyem: Knowing that most Nigerian protests end in futility,I wouldn't waste time and energy joining in this one. If they succeed in making these idiot senators revert this law,I'd be really surprised.
Was the fuel subsidy protest in futility? At least we achieve some measure of consolation. Don't be counted among the cowards. No insult intended.

4 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Lordlexy: 11:13am On Jul 20, 2013
Rooneyboy:

#DEMONIC RELIGION#
Ronney, God bless you. You served him exactly what i had in mind. Only a sick, pervated and moronic lost soul would ever descended to such level. Islam is demonic.

16 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by fr3do(m): 11:14am On Jul 20, 2013
If only we Nigerians had a little Egypt in us!
These Evil men mustn't succeed.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Elebuibon: Let Our Children Wear Hijabs, Traditional Beads To Schools / Activists Announce Events To Mark The First Anniversary Of The End SARS Protests / Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.