Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,779 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States (21383 Views)

Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States / Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today / APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Zillight: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
Most anoyin tin is even d 'lil kids' tink&talk about 'Mariage' givn less atention 2educatn smh...serve in d North&kno watsap. #ChildnotBride

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
Olufon-ade:
see how people are flexing their muscles on issues they can easily disregard. Do they have hiding agenda?
Civil disobedience or violence? Our government don't understand the former, the understand people's plight when the latter is employed
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
DID YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS TOPIC IS TALKING ABOUT? WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU SAYING OGA??
Don Demu: Make them go siddon joor. Una no hold protest on beta matta na dis one come dey make una blood rush? Dem force you to marry under aged babe abi dem se make u marry off ur daughter early? FOOLS
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Metallurgist: 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hypocracy, they no protest for the thousands of child and teen pregnancies and abortions, but because concern islam and the north, its became a bashing thing, in our world where culture and understanding differs, proper explation is needed for clearance on such issues, in islam purberty equals maturity, and a girls who was physically and mentally capable of bearing a child is elligeable to be married even if she is 13 yrs old, and u bashers ar just echoes of western opion and not ur own geniun opion
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
lertee: I can join in the protest if only other things will be given top priority by nigerians,let us first call for the increment of the salary of an average civil servant over that of a political office holder,poverty has remain the primary source of every bd thing in nigeri. The truth is no rich man will give out his young daughter in marriage to any man. This law is definitely for the poor and not for ppl that are rich.
Why do you keep crying for salary increase? Before the stu.pid government increase your salary, they would tell the whole nation, and before they implement the new salary price of items would have increased too....
Our problem is the legs that wear the shoe, not the shoe, what we should do is cut off the legs that wears the shoe.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Firefire(m): 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
Men and Breathren all these are signs of END TIME.

2 Timothy 3:1-7
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the TRUTH.

This causes division, even between family members.

We have husbands killing wives, children killing parents, children killing friends and others.

We even have young mothers killing their babies ... So they can party.

Alas ... These are truly signs of the "END TIMES."

HomoSexual, Gay, name it:

But, we are then given a promise of HOPE by Jesus ...

4 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by redsun(m): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Who the hell is this deranged fellow

Just look @ where ur dirty minds are going to......

Tightness of a 9 year old.

U enjoy ur selves with ur un-circumcised prick while the toddler wallow in pain and anguish.

#DEMONIC RELIGION#

The moderators probably think this a paedophilia site for allowing such a disgustingly sick post. With the way they censor posts and words indiscriminately,one would have thought such post won't see the light of the day.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by neneo(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
I just wonder if we would ever get the voice of our religious leaders on issues like this...a lot of bad happenings in d land in recent times...I have read about under age girls being violated a thousand and one times and now this coming from the peverts we called leaders....and our religious leaders will stay mute on issues that portray moral decadence but visit state houses and host political leaders on issues only them can ascertain ...God is indeed watching all of us in 3D

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
Don Demu: Make them go siddon joor. Una no hold protest on beta matta na dis one come dey make una blood rush? Dem force you to marry under aged babe abi dem se make u marry off ur daughter early? FOOLS

This guy is islamist.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
When Nigerians don't protest you guys will say "they're spineless/cowards", when they do; "they're just wasting their time"
Na wa for you guys o! angry angry angry
As for me, I'm protesting. You can make a difference if you want to.
Having a dual citizenship doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is my home kiss kiss
I'm here for summer holiday and I'll make the best out of it.

8 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by wirinet(m): 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
I really do not understand my people anymore, what exactly is the protest going to be about? Nigerians are easily swayed by emotions so much so that they protest and fight without even understanding the issues at hand. The senate never passed any law legalizing child marriage, the section of the constitution in question is one dealing with renounciation of citiznship. This is the section in question;

Section 29 of the 1999 Constitution says:

1) Any citizen of Nigeria of full age who wishes to renounce his Nigerian citizenship shall make a declaration in the prescribed manner for the renunciation.

(2) The President shall cause the declaration made under subsection (1) of this section to be registered and upon such registration, the person who made the declaration shall cease to be a citizen of Nigeria.

(3) The President may withhold the registration of any declaration made under subsection (1) of this section if-

(a) the declaration is made during any war in which Nigeria is physically involved; or

(b) in his opinion, it is otherwise contrary to public policy.

(4) For the purposes of subsection (1) of this section.

(a) “full age” means the age of eighteen years and above;

(b) any woman who is married shall be deemed to be of full age.

From the above, I do not how the above relate to child marriage or child bride.

The keyword is the bolded section which states for the purposes of subsection 1 of this section. This simply means any woman who is married is deemed to the of full age for the purpose of renounciation of Nigerian citizenship. It did not specify when a child becomes a woman and it definitely did not specify an age when a female child can marry, drink alcohol, vote, drive and any other age restricted activity.

Even if senator yerima feels this section validates his child marriage to a minor, it does not, because I assume the age of marriage is specified by another law.

So the question we should be asking is at what age does a female child become a woman and at what age is a woman allowed to marry in Nigeria. Also what age can a person able to sign a contract and be held responsible for their actions.

These are the relevant aspects of the constitution we should be debating and not at that age a woman can renounce her citizenship.

In addition, the law itself is very stupid and irrelevant. does it mean a nigerian woman married to a nigerian can renounce her citizenship or it refers to a nigerian woman married to a foreigner? I beg I need a learned person to educate me on the practicality of this subsection of the constitution as it relates to women.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
amanda2013: jst hv one word for u. FOOL

Don't call him fool xiz he need help... It's a disorder that there prohet suffer from.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by CALLMESTAR(f): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
N_girl: When Nigerians don't protest you guys will say "they're spineless/cowards", when they do; "they just wasting their time"
Na wa for you guys o! angry angry angry
As for me, I'm protesting. You can make a difference if you want to.
Having a dual citizenship doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is my home kiss kiss
I'm here for summer holiday and I'll make the best out of it.
good luck sister. If I was at home I will be protesting...just ignore morons.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by orobopasiosio(m): 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
[quote
author=1MCN]How I wish this protest would be real and even more massive
than the Fuel Subsidy Removal protest of January last year. I feel
basely dissappointed with our so-called Lawmakers.

In sane societies Mr Yerima would be ostracised and stripped of all
recognitions by his local people for his brazen and psychadelic
paedophilia![/quote]

i dont know why this is generating much fuss. this has been an unwritten constitution from time immemorial in Nigeria.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Erifenz: 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nothing dey happen all of us na mumu
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Siraleeyu(m): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
bcomputer101:

You are a FO*OL to call them fool...
Can the metaphysical powers disturbing your brain please permit me to say woe unto YOU?...

u are the real fool for not comprehendin wat d guy is saying, this is not the matter u will b disturbin urself wit, since nobody says u most marry or marry off ur female child at teen age, its ur own ryt to decide dat out of ur own wish
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by nneh1(f): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
your comment shows you are a small fool. Don't worsen your foolishness
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Fenzymaven(m): 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
see what you are saying
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by sobaemma(m): 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
This the reason why we have a can chairman,these are topics he dont waste time to talk not to always dive into terriost talk,and politics,till now havent heard from him

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
I dont get this, does it mean these Senators aka Yerima/paedophiles find little girls with no breasts/no hips/tender babish hymen sexy? Or is it about hegemony/subjugation/domination of young girls with no voice to scream against the dastardly act? Why destroy the innocence of a child in the name of Islam? These bastards should be neutered, maimed, killed, their carcasses fed to the dogs. Bad would not triumph over good, that i know!
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by amobii: 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2013

Fool calling someone a fool , we all know from your response that you do not have brain or may be you have but not functioning. just keep shut & other make a meaningfull contribution to the society .
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nigerian Youth signing petition.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by sunkoye: 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
it is obvious dat this demu THING cant be a product of 9month angry

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by whitecat007: 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2013
You got to be kidding me right?

There won't be any law backing the parents and the child if a money bag has his eyes on them and armed with this new resolution.
stanech: All I am saying is that if the parent and the child is ok with it then who am I to tell a full grown man how to live his/her life.
We should learn to do the right things in this country. Protest my foot. One gunshut from mobile police now una go begin run..
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by salt1: 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
Metallurgist: Hypocracy, they no protest for the thousands of child and teen pregnancies and abortions, but because concern islam and the north, its became a bashing thing, in our world where culture and understanding differs, proper explation is needed for clearance on such issues, in islam purberty equals maturity, and a girls who was physically and mentally capable of bearing a child is elligeable to be married even if she is 13 yrs old, and u bashers ar just echoes of western opion and not ur own geniun opion

CHILDnotBRIDE!

It's just unfortunate that it has to be about Islam and the North. Proper explanation is needed as you said, but people like you won't listen or even understand the explanation (judging from your composition above). Now listen and listen real hard to understand us. It's not just Western opinion or religion; because someone has asked what age is allowed by other religions. It is basic science.
A girl's body isn't mature enough to cope with pregnancy until she is, at least, sixteen. So menstruation is not maturity but the beginning of a process. To marry her off means the following:
1. she can develop VVF and you can't just say "na so Allah want am"
2. she may die in pregnancy. The rate of women dying in pregnancy in Nigeria is high and the North is contributing 80% of that figure. With child brides, you can understand why
3. she cannot get a good education. Without a good education, she can't get a good job or learn a trade. Or even know basic hygiene to take care of herself and her children.

Do you think that all these evils are ok provided her husband enjoys the tightness of a 9year-old? Must the little girls be destroyed and their future wrecked because one man wants intimate pleasure?

4 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by joshuaidibia(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2013
Lyk seriously. What is dis Pencil D¡ck saying? Mayb u come 4rm a family that have no girl child,or u are a gay,and don't pity the innocence of the liltle girls.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Mimesy: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
What kind of leaders do we have in this country. What madness got into d bastard that came up with such an idea... Let's stand up against this predators who pretend as leaders hiding under religions... If our president d senetors d ministers d governors nd our learders can gve their dowtas hand in marriage at dat absurd age 2 men of their age it z only den dat dey should bring such ideas!!! Mr president let Ur baby dowta if U av 1 get married 2 dat useless senetor of Urs... U avnt settled our economic problem nd all U thnk of is getting kids married useless leaders good 4 nthn adults!!! God would judge U all!!!!!![color=#990000][/color]

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
amobii:

Fool calling someone a fool , we all know from your response that you do not have brain or may be you have but not functioning. just keep shut & other make a meaningfull contribution to the society .
Y'all hating cos u quiet well know how tight a 9yr old will be down there and ur fake religious belief will not allow you have a taste
sunkoye: it is obvious dat this demu THING cant be a product of 9month angry
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Burntcoal(f): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2013
Dominantly from the north,
encouraging the wrong things,
Bored ass senators that are dumb,
and ignorant, lack of self discipline
and poor cognitive development
and emotionless humans. You are
not aware that there's no power?
No roads? In all your states and that
little girls are being raped? Soon
rape will become Legal in this
country. Don't worry Tb Joshua has
said it B4 the end of this year
judgement will hit leaders in this
country and trust me I don't mean
the president but all ye that say Aii
to rubbish laws. And your daughters
of 10 will marry men of 50 where
ever you hide them internationally
or locally and yyour sons will lust
after your best(male) friends. Wicked
senators.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage / N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others / Policeman Shoots At Ohanaeze Meeting In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.