Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States (21386 Views)

Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States / Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today / APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Dubemkelly(m): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
R there no oda reasonable laws dt wud benefit d nation?....If there's none,dey had bera mute n stop dis disgusting thing.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by ukachy69: 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
Like this comment; if u think sen. Yerima should be @ yaba left........

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by mirob(f): 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
Don Demu: U bunch of jobless folks who hate the word PEACE. How e tek concern u? As d law no come make am mandatory to marry or marry off an underaged babe makes it a matter of free will. May be u guys are just being jealous cos u quiet well know how tight a 9yr old will be down there and ur fake religious belief will not allow you have a taste

I hope you will allow ur 9 yr old baby be married off like that or is it meant for only daughters of d poor? Hope they will not send their daughters abroad to study while they abuse daughters of d poor?

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Cjay2020(m): 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
its a pity dat wt all d issues lingering wt our country...dis empty headed senators tink dat marrying and having sex wt kids is part of the solution. Its also a pity dat sum people dont knw dat due to d poor economic situation in d country, families will sell dia daughters (who will not hv a say in d marriage)...d earlier u tink out of ur little brain box d beta for dis country
I must say i am veeeeeeery disappointed wit d "lawmaker's" reasonin ability especially dos who aint muslims or northerners...if na so, no hope for this country

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by LagosShia: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
M.B.O Owolowo: Child marriage: In the name of…?

By M.B.O Owolowo on July 19, 2013

Dailypost

The passage of the loathsome ‘Child Marriage’ law, following the amendment of Section 29(4) (b) of the 1999 Constitution, has been rightly criticised by the general public, I believe it should have been named appropriately as what it is, the “paedophilic law”.

Many cynics consider this bill an open invitation to the world’s randiest paedophiles and sex tourists, that we are open for lascivious business.

I know majority of legislators have hoodwinked the populace on many issues, including the tacit siphoning of our commonwealth, but I seriously wonder if they deliberated thoroughly on the wider implications of such actions. I must state I am gladdened by Senator Babafemi Ojudu’s revelation of the senate’s voting pattern, so all hope isn’t lost.

This ‘Child Marriage’ law is motivated by nothing more than the perversion of man, and the contumacious excesses of particular lawmakers who sponsor and support such lewdness. When such absurdities are initiated, there are always champions who lead such queasy causes, one of such protagonists is the latest “Spiritual consultant” to the President, Senator Sani Ahmed Yerima, who gained notoriety for his marriage to a young Egyptian girl. Though maligned for his actions, some wondered how it’s anyone’s business, after all the parents the Egyptian girl fully approved of it.

Agreed, what some of our lawmakers and public servants do in private is their business, but the enactment of such a law is another matter entirely.

I wouldn’t even delve into the controversial introduction of “Sharia” by Yerima and others- which was nothing more than political fanfare across many Northern states.

However, of important note was the chopping off a man’s hand for allegedly stealing during Yerima’s tenure as Governor, interestingly, the former EFCC boss, Nuhu Ribadu, accused Yerima of “direct stealing” of State funds as Governor of Zamfara- so why the selective chopping off of hands?

Evidently, we can’t all share the same views in any society, and respecting opposing views is encouraged, however I believe Child Rights should supersede all the divergent views in any polity, crossing all geographical enclaves.

I concede there are many people, who not only support such views as Yerima but also practice it, though such practices occur across the country, it is prevalent in Northern Nigeria- but it would be wrong to insinuate everyone from the North is in support of Child Marriage.

[b] On a personal note, of all the rhetoric in support of this bizarre practice, there’s nothing I find more repugnant than using the religion of Islam as justification.

Historically, Islam is often misrepresented and perceived through bias Orientalist pejorative- an orchestrated mechanism devised primarily to demonize Prophet Mohammed and Islam.

These Orientalists and those who reason as such, often mention the age of Aisha, the wife of the Prophet Mohammed, to promote an agenda meant to ridicule the entire faith.

Please permit me to digress and address my Muslim brethren without going into too much detail.

The notion that Aisha was 6 at betrothal or 9 at consummation can’t be substantiated, as the veracity of that story has been debunked with historical events that contradict such a possibility.

Evidences such as when she was born, period Aisha’s parents accepted Islam, her previous betrothal to someone else (Jubair), the time Khadija (first wife of Prophet) died, age of Fatima (Prophet Mohammed’s daughter) a contemporary of Aisha, age of Aisha’s sister, Asma. Other evidences include, Aisha’s involvement in some expeditions, battle of Uhud especially, her scholarly contributions, time of her death and other indisputable facts, have nullified this age ’6′ and ’9′ fable.

Some scholars, through the rigorous study of such evidences, stated Aisha may have been at least 19 years of age during her consummation.[/b]

It is important to state, there’s a difference between betrothal and consummation. A child, female especially, can be betrothed from the day she is born, which is still practised in many parts of the world, but, consummation is the real deal and the major concern, because this involves sexual intercourse.

There are cultural variations across the world with the ages ranging between 16 and 20 as marriageable age, however, age of sexual consent is another issue.

For instance, some Child Marriage practices, sometimes motivated by the need to cement political or financial ties, were previously acceptable in Western countries, but aren’t exactly commonplace presently. In the United Kingdom for example, we are aware girls under the age of 15 are sexually active and are delivering babies regularly, but the law states 18 as minimum age for marriage and 16 with parental consent, though in Scotland it is 16. The same applies to most African countries and even Muslim dominated countries.

These are facts, those who think it’s their “religious” duty or obligation to have child brides, may want to reconsider.

I am of the opinion this practice has more to do with culture than religion- an aberration all enlightened Muslim’s must reject intellectually.

The Quran should be the basis and its superiority to the Hadith, which are narratives, must be emphasized. There are verses in the Quran highlighting maturity and consent before marriage. So its wrongs to cherry-pick aspects of religious texts, like Hadith, and usually out of context, to suit personal whims, however perverted.

The same admonitory caution goes to mischief-makers trying to disparage Islam and cast aspersions on Prophet Mohammed. These are the hypocrites who only become “righteous” anytime it’s time to criticise Islam or it’s another “Open Season” on Muslim’s. These are people who in no way adhere to the dictates of their professed faith, but are the most opprobrious in such anti-Islamic matters.

I would like to give a big Kudos to some non- Muslims, Christians especially, for their objectivity: their opposition to tainting Islam on this matter, but concentrating on the real issue of Child Rights.

Many studies have revealed poverty is a key factor in almost all child marriage cases and indirectly related to Obstetric Fistula. Economic hardship leads many families to sell or lease their male and female children to sexual predators and child molesters across the globe.

I would implore the same energies that have rejected this Child Marriage bill be spent rejecting the factors perpetuating poverty in our milieu.

I gathered the Nigerian Senate passed the bill on religious rights grounds, if true; they may want to rescind such a decision- as it can’t be explicitly justified in the name of religion. I don’t know which “Islamic law” Senator Yerima is referring to in his twisted defence of a despicable act, as I am not aware of any. I hope those who hide under the guise of religion are aware Islam permits the evolvement of socio-cultural related laws- who knows, we may soon get one for the castration of men who only lust after prepubescent girls.

Religious rights mustn’t be abused under any guise, the fundamental human rights of others mustn’t be infringed upon in the name of religion. Let us protect the rights of our children. God Bless Nigeria!

m.b.o.owolowo@gmail.com

-M.B.O 2013©

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/07/19/m-b-o-owolowo-child-marriage-in-the-name-of/
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by kayce911(f): 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2013
What for ?
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by PrettyGaby(f): 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
[quote
author=Don Demu]Make them go siddon joor. Una no hold protest on beta
matta na dis one come dey make una blood rush? Dem force you to marry
under aged babe abi dem se make u marry off ur daughter early?
FOOLS[/quote] i look at you and I wonder If you have a lick of sense( not an insult o) if you have ever seen a girl with VVF, you wouldnt wish underage marriage on your enemy.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by FOLLEY20(m): 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
1MCN: How I wish this protest would be real and even more massive than the Fuel Subsidy Removal protest of January last year. I feel basely dissappointed with our so-called Lawmakers.

In sane societies Mr Yerima would be ostracised and stripped of all recognitions by his local people for his brazen and psychadelic paedophilia!
Yes! U are talking.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by stanech: 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
Na God go judge the person wey delete my post for this tread ooo. Anyhow @ topic. Make una mind una business e no concern una if pikin agree papa agree and the mumu man agree oya na mk them carry go. However, make we tacle unemployment and poverty that's more important
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by jelel6: 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
LagosShia:

please as much as I respect your passion in defending Islam (as you perceive the attacks of non-muslims as targeting Islam),it is not every time a muslim does wrong that we should accommodate his action as Islamic and rush to defend him.Islam says if a girl is physically and mentally mature,with the consent of her parents and the girl herself,she can marry.this is the case because in olden days when famine and diseases were wide spread (high mortality rate),there was need for early marriage to procreate and preserve human society.in those days there were no schools and no responsibilities as we have today.Islam does not say a girl who hardly have brea$ts should get married.what famine or disease is yerima afraid of in 2013 that he is dire need to marry a 13 year old to produce children? do not abuse the wisdom in Islam to satisfy desires of perverts.there is physical and mental (psychological) maturity required and the consent of the parents and the girl,and also the environment and the time must be taken into consideration before marriage or deciding the age of marriage.even in the western countries 100 years ago,the age of consent was as low as 10.but now they stopped that and increased the age of consent.why must a senator as old as yerima want to be living in the past when it was expedient that once a girl is physically and mentally mature can be consensually married? is the Egyptian girl even at 13 mature enough physically and mentally? did she have a say,or did her parents sell her off because yerima flunted in their faces some dollars he didn't slave for? which muslim country presently accepts a girl of 9 to be married? wont she go to school? are we still living in the past when there was no education,and girls' only task was to ensure procreation?

we should stop causing problems for ourselves and giving chance to islamophobes to pick on us.we are the cause of the problem.
Hey, you Misunderstood my point. I was quoting someone who said that if the girl was not above 18 is wrong. My reply was "on whose authority hers or the west" i guess the thing played a trick on my post. In fact read my opinion below which I posted earlier on!
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by AAAdam(m): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
On my way to BORNO the for protest ten more chance boooon *car horn*
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by jelel6: 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2013
It's obvious that most of the people who
posted here are christians, going by
their level of reasoning! Let me clarify
something here, the supposed
'underage' marriage law is Not thesame
as the islamic viewpoint. Though the Qur'an is silent as to the age for
marriage, But the prophet is reported to
have said that once a child reaches
puberty, he or she is allowed to
marry.BUT THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS
MUST BE FULFILLED; 1. The approval of the parent must be
meet.
2. The girl in question must approve of
the marriage. .
Now tell me, where does it say that you
MUST allow your daughter to marry at a tender age. When you know that she is
not mentally, emotional, physically
ready to make such decisions. Dont
forget the prophet said 'PUBERTY' not
whatever the senate lawmakers
suggests. What this means is that spiritually we dont consider it to be a sin
if you allow or marry after attaining
puberty.
If you more concern with the moral
implication, am happy to clarify also:
the only argument i can recognise here as Genuine is the medical consequences
which may arise if a girl marries at a
tender age. For that, Allah has said in the
quran that he will not place on us a
burden which we can not bear.the
general agreement in shariah is that when a practice becomes a danger to
ones health or life, as proven by a
medical doctor, them that practice
should be avoided.
Any honest person, with reason,
who is not blinded by sentiment and prejudice, will conclude that the senate
did not totally evaluate the situation, its
trend and the dangers which may arise
If the girl is too young. They failed to
carryout their duty as guardians which
is to analyse the situation and determine an age which will be totally free
relatively from girl to girl from any
medical complications. Hence, Neither
prophet muhammed nor the religion
"Islam" should be blamed.
Peace!

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Ama212k(m): 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
Girls of 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Are Not Wives but are Prostitutes Parading in Hotels; They are Street Hawkers Parading the Streets @ Nights; They are Sweet 16 & as Such can have Sex anytime they are in Need; They can have 5 boyfriends yet they are Not Wives. @ 9, 10 & 11, They are disvirgined on Valentine Day, In Primary Schools Toilets, @ the Back Yard & @ Dinner Parties, Yet they are Not Wives. They are House Girls Selling Sex To The Gate Men, Madams Sons & Husbands Yet they are Not Wives, While My Culture & Religion Say Yes To their Marriage, Some Say No to their Marriage But Yes to Their Prostitution. The Law In The 1999 Constitution Is Vividly Clear On This: In Terms Of Marriage We are Obliged 2 Follow Our Religious Guides. The Almighty Allah is the Greatest & the Holy Qur'an is the Only Supreme Law On Earth I follow & abide by! So please dear brothers & sisters let Us leave in peace & harmony with one another & have utmost respect to both religions base on their teachings & sayings. Enough on the Noises on an issue that every1 can personally Solve according to his personal instinct
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Ama212k(m): 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
Girls of 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Are Not Wives but are Prostitutes Parading in Hotels; They are Street Hawkers Parading the Streets @ Nights; They are Sweet 16 & as Such can have Sex anytime they are in Need; They can have 5 boyfriends yet they are Not Wives. @ 9, 10 & 11, They are disvirgined on Valentine Day, In Primary Schools Toilets, @ the Back Yard & @ Dinner Parties, Yet they are Not Wives. They are House Girls Selling Sex To The Gate Men, Madams Sons & Husbands Yet they are Not Wives, While My Culture & Religion Say Yes To their Marriage, Some Say No to their Marriage But Yes to Their Prostitution. The Law In The 1999 Constitution Is Vividly Clear On This: In Terms Of Marriage We are Obliged 2 Follow Our Religious Guides. The Almighty Allah is the Greatest & the Holy Qur'an is the Only Supreme Law On Earth I follow & abide by! So please dear brothers & sisters let Us leave in peace & harmony with one another & have utmost respect to both religions base on their teachings & sayings. Enough on the Noises on an issue that every1 can personally Solve according to his personal instinct
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by blackbeau1(f): 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2013
stanech: All I am saying is that if the parent and the child is ok with it then who am I to tell a full grown man how to live his/her life.
We should learn to do the right things in this country. Protest my foot. One gunshut from mobile police now una go begin run..
if the child is ok with it? Question is did u actually think about this before you typed? Do you think the child has a say in this? And btw, since this is a bill,do you really think the parent has a choice either?

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by shollyleo: 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
SENATOR AHMED SANI YARIMA BAKURA REPLIES HIS ENEMIES

''Nigeria has many uncountable problems and none of them is early marriage. As a matter of fact early marriage the solution to about half of our problems. For those who wonder if I can give my daughter(s) out in marriage at the age of 9 or 13, I tell you most honestly, I can give her out at the age of 6 if I want to and its not your business. This is because I am a Muslim and I follow the example of the best of mankind, Muhammad ﺻَﻠَّﻰ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪُ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻪِ ﻭَﺳَﻠَّﻢَ .
In Islam, marriage is not only about sex, it is about family and helping one another in achieving their goals, which is the attainment of Paradise.
In Islam, a girl can be given out in marriage as early as 6 years old, but consummation of the marriage can only be done when the girl becomes physically mature and she gives her consent to it because unlike English law, it is not permissible for a man to rape his wife in Shari'ah Law.
So what can anybody tell me?
~ I live in a city where young girls at the age of 12 have already became serial fornicators and cannot count the number of man they've had sex with.
~ I live in a City where primary school children disvirgin themselves behind toilets on Valentine day.
~ I live in a city where young girls flood the street at night looking for men that would give them N500 to have sex with them.
~ I live in a city where parents send their daughters out overseas to prostitute and send dollars down.
~ I live in a City where Government officials pick undergraduates from University car parks with Coastal Buses to wild sex parties.
~ I live in a city where abortion is so common that even a Chemist shore owner can perform abortion with just N2,500.
These are your daughters, and this should worry you and not Yerima's private matters. So ask me again why I support early marriage and I will slap the Jinn out of your head''.

- Senator Ahmad Sani Yarima

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by mrsolutionm(m): 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2013
stanech: All I am saying is that if the parent and the child is ok with it then who am I to tell a full grown man how to live his/her life.
We should learn to do the right things in this country. Protest my foot. One gunshut from mobile police now una go begin run..
may ur daughters or future daughters be married out to edwin clark,pls say amen to dat
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by tobnical(m): 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by wirinet(m): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ama212k: Girls of 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Are Not Wives but are Prostitutes Parading in Hotels; They are Street Hawkers Parading the Streets @ Nights; They are Sweet 16 & as Such can have Sex anytime they are in Need; They can have 5 boyfriends yet they are Not Wives. @ 9, 10 & 11, They are disvirgined on Valentine Day, In Primary Schools Toilets, @ the Back Yard & @ Dinner Parties, Yet they are Not Wives. They are House Girls Selling Sex To The Gate Men, Madams Sons & Husbands Yet they are Not Wives, While My Culture & Religion Say Yes To their Marriage, Some Say No to their Marriage But Yes to Their Prostitution. The Law In The 1999 Constitution Is Vividly Clear On This: In Terms Of Marriage We are Obliged 2 Follow Our Religious Guides. The Almighty Allah is the Greatest & the Holy Qur'an is the Only Supreme Law On Earth I follow & abide by! So please dear brothers & sisters let Us leave in peace & harmony with one another & have utmost respect to both religions base on their teachings & sayings. Enough on the Noises on an issue that every1 can personally Solve according to his personal instinct

You are indeed sick. To justify underage marriage because of teenage delinquency among young girls is sickening. To try and use Islam to justify it shows your perverted mental state. For your info most Islamic countries prohibit child marriage. So because some young girls without adequate parental guidance are promiscious means they are ready for the responsibility of marriage.

So your religion reduces women to sexual objects and it reduces marriage to a means of acquiring women for sexual pleasures only. No wonder your brothers are ready to bomb themselves over promise of unlimited se.x (marriage) of 72 virgins.

I honestly wonder what kind of relationship other than se.x a 50 year old man can have with a 13 year old minor.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by stanech: 10:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
mrsolutionm: may ur daughters or future daughters be married out to edwin clark,pls say amen to dat
. Oga I no insult u na I jiust talk my mind. Whatever happened to freedom of speech ?
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by stanech: 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2013
black_beau: if the child is ok with it? Question is did u actually think about this before you typed? Do you think the child has a say in this? And btw, since this is a bill,do you really think the parent has a choice either?

If a girl says she doesn't want to marry nobody should force her..

Parents should know that it is wrong to hand over their underage child for marriage

Matured men should know that they are not suppose to marry underage girls.

But if these people decide to live a barbaric life and choose not to know the right thing to do oya make them do na. Na their life. I will not give my underage daughter for marriage and I will not marry an underage girl but if a man thinks that he wants to I will not stand on his way that's his life have better things to do...

Did you just realize that this evil pratice has been going on in this country? Especially in the north?

If a foolish man and a foolish woman decide to give their 5yrs old daughter to a 45 years old man how that one take concern me? Abegmake una channel una vex to another place otherwise una dey waste time
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Infomizer(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2013
Kingspin:
Hey! You had education, u also has conscience what are we not saying, here is not about yes or no like the same sex issue is about control,protect,safe and esp. ripe age for good personal decisions.If you say 13yrs than 9yrs nko...

I am not in support of the underage thingy too o! I'm just saying that we failed to separate religion from state and this is one of the implications. Besides, these child 'victims' we are all fighting for may not feel wronged, not because they are too young to understand, but because they have been programmed from birth and probably prepped for early marriage. It's a thing of culture and as the apothegm goes, one man's meat is another man's poison. It is sad, but that is because we are outsiders to their culture and we understand the importance (to us) of consenting marriage. They probably marvel and feel disdain at some of our practices too so I'd rather we go about this in as peaceful a manner as possible.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by alienvirus: 3:10am On Jul 21, 2013
“I am really ashamed of myself particularly as a
Pastor. I have been a Pastor at Deeper Life for over six years but I was tempted to defile these girls.
They are always visiting me, so this particularly day I defiled both of them”. That was the confessional statement of Pastor
Fidelis Eze shortly after he was paraded by the Edo State Police Command for allegedly defiling two under-aged girls. Eze, a pastor with Deeper life Bible Church, Abudu, in Orhiomnwon Local Government Area, of the state was said to have lured the two minors, aged six,
into his room after sending them on an errand. The police alleged that he had carnal knowledge of
the kids before dismissing them. A police source disclosed that father of one of the
girls noticed the unusual way his daughter was
walking when she got home, adding that he
obtained confession from her, which led to the
arrest of the pastor. Apart from reportedly admitting to the molestation, Eze
also said he had actually defiled two other minors,
both of them 11 years old sometimes this year,
blaming his act on temptation from the evil spirit. Other suspects paraded alongside the pastor
included three other alleged rapists, a robbery
gang, including a woman, who specialized in
robbing unsuspecting passengers using private
cars which they masquerade as taxi cabs. The Edo State police commissioner, Folusho
Adebanjo, who paraded the 32 criminal suspects to
journalists in Benin, also displayed various arms
and ammunition recovered from them. The commissioner alerted residents of the state on
the new style of criminality, which he said began
after the state government placed ban on the use of
motorcycle in the Benin metropolis. According to him, criminals have devised ways to
rob unsuspecting commuters, using private cars as
taxi cabs. He also expressed worry in the rising cases of
defilement of minors across the state. He said: “Today we have 32 suspects that we are
parading and they are involved different crimes,
ranging from armed robbery, kidnapping, cultism
and people who are involved in defilement of the
girl child. “This defilement thing in the state now is very very
disturbing, we will not allow them to go scot free.
And that is why we continue to appeal to members
of the public to always give us useful information
because we cannot do it alone. “But let me also alert members of the public, there is
an emerging crime since the ban on Okada was
effected, it is called one chance. “What they do is that they always have a woman
amongst them so that will make you not to suspect
them. There is always somebody that claims to be a
Pastor with them, they will deceive you to say you
have a particular problem and they will rob you of
everything. “One of their victims a lady had to go to bank to
withdraw N150,000. We are going to work with
Road Safety and the Board of Internal Revenue so
that all vehicles on the road must be registered.
People should shine their eyes very well, they are
using some vehicles pretending to be taxi drivers”. As a measure to checkmate this new wave of
criminality, Adebanjo called on the Edo State
Revenue Board and the Federal Roads Safety
Commission (FRSC) to ensure registration of
vehicles both old and new that have flooded the
sate capital since the ban on commercial motor cycling. The Police Commissioner equally revealed that the
command had apprehended over 90 suspected
armed robbers and kidnappers within the last five
weeks.
http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/07/19/devil-made-me-defile-6-year-old-girls-confessions-of-a-deeper-life-pastor
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by shollyleo: 4:57am On Jul 21, 2013
MANY found it hard to believe. They made calls to confirm if those  close to the bishop had heard the story.

But the  ‘man of God’ himself told the story before journalists at the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Bishop Chibuike Nwabueze narrated the story of how he allegedly Molested a 15-year-old girl after ministering at Calvary Army Ministry, Rumuoji Eneka in Obio Akpor local government area of Rivers state.

He blamed it on the devil and also accused his host as the one who set him up. According to the cleric, after he finished ministering, he retired to rest. The girl later came for deliverance.

He said that while he was pleading the blood of Jesus on the little girl, she started removing her dress. Before he could restrain her, he said he found himself on top of her.

“But to my greatest surprise, I was surprised when I saw her pulling off her blouse and skirt. But, before I knew it, I had a carnal knowledge of her. That is the truth of the matter.”

His head suddenly dropped after the confession, then went up again; this time he said anybody could have fallen for it.

According to him, when he realised he had sinned against God, he called some junior pastors to tell them what he had done to pray for him.

Nwabueze said he took a second look at the little girl who probably was still lying Unclad and waiting for a second round and what he saw pissed him off.

“She started laughing at me. She said ‘are you angry?’ I told her that I did not know she had hypnotised me. She said I should not bother,” the bishop said.

“I was so angry and annoyed that I called some of my pastors and made a confession, that I did not know what was happening.”

Nwabueze said it was not true that he Molested the girl, stressing that it was a consensual act. He also dismissed the  allegation that he later procured abortion for the girl when the father called to inform him that she was pregnant.  According to him, it was the girl’s father that did it but he paid the bills.

The bishop maintained that the pastor of the church where he went to preach set him up and he fell for it.

“We have different Colleges of Bishops. I am the Chairman of  the Communion of Bishops in Rivers State. Well, what actually happened was a set up. It was set-up by my enemies. I have so many people who are my enemies. The man in-charge of where I went to minister is my enemy. He is the person that set me up,” he stated.

“He invited me to his church for a programme, claiming  to be my friend. After the programme, he set me up because of  the tussle over the chairmanship of the communion.”

Meanwhile, the police have advised Christians to be vigilant and ask the right questions sometimes on the actions of some pastors. This way the police said, Christians could different between true and fake pastors.

Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of  Rivers SCID, Mr Samuel Okaula, who paraded the bishop and a male nurse who allegedly facilitated the abortion, also said people should be conscious of worship centres. He said Nwabueze would be arraigned before the court to serve as a deterrent.

Reacting to the development, Executive Director, Institute of Human rights and Humanitarian Law, IHRHL, Mr Ayankwee Nsirimovu, described the action of the bishop as unfortunate as  it was done by one in a position of spiritual trust.  He said the incident was one case out of  the experiences of under aged girls, married and single women in the offices of  randy bishops and clergy men.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/molestation-in-church-the-devil-used-me-bishop/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by mctons: 7:19am On Jul 21, 2013
Don Demu: U bunch of jobless folks who hate the word PEACE. How e tek concern u? As d law no come make am mandatory to marry or marry off an underaged babe makes it a matter of free will. May be u guys are just being jealous cos u quiet well know how tight a 9yr old will be down there and ur fake religious belief will not allow you have a taste

From all indications and having read ur posts on this thread, it is highly plausible and devoid of scepticism to conclude that u are not only myopic and drained in good thoughts but deficient in all moral justification of this topic.

With your religious inclination which I urge u to quit, it is barbaric in all ramifications to accentuate to embrace and to swallow, hook line and sinker the bracing nature the veracity of the Northern senators endorsed child abuse/underage marriage without remorse. This vindicates that muslim as a religion needs to be scrapped.

It is unfortunate your comments are in line with these sexual predators.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by adrainuche(m): 7:41am On Jul 21, 2013
People like you should have been aborted !!! If only ur mother knew your outcome, you're a disgrace to the human race trying to get down with a 9year old girl...
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by bxcode(m): 8:19am On Jul 21, 2013
Thunder fire you, Ųя generation and everything that relates τ̲̅ȍ ǚ!!!!!! Bastard!!!!
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by jameau(m): 8:41am On Jul 21, 2013
Really, ignorance is not attractive. There is no Bill before the National Assembly, no law has been amended. Some misguided activists are just dragging more people into their sea of ignorance. I found the link below:

http://www.greenlight.com.ng/?p=5549
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by stanech: 10:23am On Jul 21, 2013
I wish we could raise our voice againt corruption like this. But no we chose to look the other way while people suffer due to bad leaders.

Come to think of it if Nigerians have zero tolerance for corruption people like Yerima wouldn't be in the NHA ....

If una like make una go moon go complain una dey waste time.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by WildChild00(m): 10:30am On Jul 21, 2013
Is it this same Ahmed Yerima that President Goodluck Jonathan wants to make as running mate for 2015 general elections? If the president wants to win, he should think twice.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by chrisosi: 11:22am On Jul 21, 2013
God Bless Naija......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Contesting Election In 2019 Will Be A Big Joke — Akinjide / Presidential Tribunal: Drama As Atiku Denies Buhari Use Of Video Player / Multi-million Projects To Northern States Meant To Promote Unity, NNPC Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.