Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States (21384 Views)

Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States / Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today / APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by CALLMESTAR(f): 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
Anniettie ufia: This is a very big welcome development ;

i was thinking about it when i heard on news yesterday;

if our elders and those (woman) human right activists whose names are known can start coming up with actions like this i think it will help resharpened the brain of these our law marketers,

the elders, governors, activists , NLC, NGO, etc should start putting this peaceful match into action rather than paying SOLIDARITY visits to these LAW BREAKERS who are meant to plough a level ground for growth & evenly distribution of resources .

It is high time this Law (breakers) makers start thinking about the masses instead of their selfish gains.
Enough is not enough,
Let me wash my canvas,
tomorrow 2PM , CIWA , ph.
Blessings...in fact just go and protest tomorrow. Your canvas does not have to be clean. I am protesting here on NL..

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by lertee(f): 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
I can join in the protest if only other things will be given top priority by nigerians,let us first call for the increment of the salary of an average civil servant over that of a political office holder,poverty has remain the primary source of every bd thing in nigeri. The truth is no rich man will give out his young daughter in marriage to any man. This law is definitely for the poor and not for ppl that are rich.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by mascot87(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
* Sen. Akinyelure Ayo (Ondo Central, Labour Party) is a real disappoint to south westerners.He must be a bas*erd of the land, shame on him

3 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by TabletMan: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
I Hate Any Thread About politics embarassed

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Anniettieufia(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nnawao!
This our internet, he slow die ,
since i was trying to open one page on NL, for more than 10mins , nna so they count 900 and something kilobite (kB),

i no fit comment quickly,
i don dey wear my shoes,
make i commot.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
stanech: All I am saying is that if the parent and the child is ok with it then who am I to tell a full grown man how to live his/her life.
We should learn to do the right things in this country. Protest my foot. One gunshut from mobile police now una go begin run..
you are as clueless as your cluelessness. If the child parents are ok by it; is the child ok by it? Idiotic fool.

5 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by successking: 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nigerians lost confidence in National Assembly since the beginning of this present democratic Government, it is a matter of time and revolution will consume everyone of them.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by CALLMESTAR(f): 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
[size=24pt]protest cont'd[/size]
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by chunbarca(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ds country will never stop 2 amaze me. Jst imaging wat Ds grannies ar trying 2 turn Ds country into. God pls interven.. sad

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by babslamin: 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2013
Dereformer: This is why I keep saying something must be wrong with Islam. Asari dokubo said toddler marriage is the right of Moslems.

I served in the north, what I saw during those days made me conclude that if Nigeria disintegrate, the North will suffer seriously.

Nine in every twelve teenage girls were pregnant at that time. It was during my stay there that I heard of an ailment called VVF suffered by teenage girls as a result of pregnancy.

In terms of education, in 100 years to come the north will be nowhere close to the south; even if their cut-off mark for admission is reduced to 1 from the current 2.

Child abuse is what our Islamic senators want to legalize in this country.

Every well meaning Nigerian should say no to this.

On the alternative, child abuse should be legalized in the north.

Please don't categorize this nonsense child abuse to islam. The amendment wasn't even about marriage or marital age but about the right of the married female (young or not) to renounce citizenship. The senate over there are just creating the way to legalize their abuses on the citizens they represent. I am against the abuse of children in any form. By the way teenage pregnancy in the south is much than in the north #ChildMarriage to the Northerners, right? & so is #SexWithUnderageGirls to the Southerners, true? Lets stop this hypocrisy/bigotry. Both Are Crime
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Anniettieufia(m): 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
lertee: I can join in the protest if only other things will be given top priority by nigerians,let us first call for the increment of the salary of an average civil servant over that of a political office holder,poverty has remain the primary source of every bd thing in nigeri. The truth is no rich man will give out his young daughter in marriage to any man. This law is definitely for the poor and not for ppl that are rich.

i think i feel your pains also,

but we need to start from a particular point of issue ,

As we get the result from this first impression, we can increase the volume of the protests on other issues,

God bless me, God bless Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by johnstar(m): 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
*Peeping* .......... Guess dis thread is meant 4 d single men undecided, hu ar yet 2 marry, looking 4 under 15yrs undecided
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by born2boink(m): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
Lordlexy: A psychiactric sub human like you. What makes you think any one is as cursed as you and your fellow muslims. Islam and its adhearers are a curse; child molestation, terrorism, sharia all of these and many characterised your religion. Hypocrite. Who knows, very soon, you may want bombing of churches to be legalise since it is enshrine in ur quoran. Bunch of nit - wit. You should bow ur head in shame, instead of displaying plain stupidity.
You are a disgust. The attendant medical effect alone, couple wit it social ills, is enough for any right thinking man to totaly disregard it.
I laugh at the comment, mess commot for my anus! This guy they vex, make dem no legalise bombing of church, I never cast all my sin commot finish. Abeg oooO
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by AZeD1(m): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
slimyem: Knowing that most Nigerian protests end in futility,I wouldn't waste time and energy joining in this one. If they succeed in making these idiot senators revert this law,I'd be really surprised.
We don't need people like you in this country.

6 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by saidutal(m): 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2013
Don't west time in porotesting against the issue that even obama cannot reverse
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Olufonade: 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2013
Jobless people motivated by useless ideology staging a protest against an ideology that is not a must-do or must-obey.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by slimyem: 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
A-ZeD:

We don't need people like you in this country.
Who cares!!
I need to denationalize myself too.undecided
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by jayjam(m): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
I still don't know why LORD LUGGARD did what he did back then,may he.....
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by michealade(m): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
Don Demu: Make them go siddon joor. Una no hold protest on beta matta na dis one come dey make una blood rush? Dem force you to marry under aged babe abi dem se make u marry off ur daughter early? FOOLS
fool.......
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Didi8: 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
bcomputer101:

You are a FO*OL to call them fool...
Can the metaphysical powers disturbing your brain please permit me to say woe unto YOU?...

una dey make me laugh...this one na foolocracy - a government of fools, by fools and good for fools.
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by fydence: 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
ZackiGp: Military, abeg wher una dey? Pls pls pls cum and save us frm all these.
really? Wht if u had someone lyk Yerima as Head of State??

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by obi123: 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
got this from Linda ikeji's site, not sure why no 11 has been omitted

Name and shame of people who think that its ok to have sexual relations with little girls. People who don't think there is anything bad in torturing little girls as long as their sexual desires are fulfilled.

Below is the list of the Nigeria Senators who voted for underage marriage in Nigeria...
1. Sen. Abdulmumin M. Hassan (Jigawa South West, PDP)
2. Sen. Abdullahi Danladi (Jigawa North West, PDP)
3. Sen. Adamu Abdullahi (Nasarawa West, PDP)
4. Sen. Ahmed Barata (Adamawa South, PDP)
5. Sen. Akinyelure Ayo (Ondo Central, Labour Party)
6. Sen. Alkali Saidu A. (Gombe North, PDP)
7. Sen. Bagudu Abubakar A. (Kebbi Central, PDP)
8. Sen. Dahiru Umaru (Sokoto South, PDP)
9. Sen. Galaudu Isa (Kebbi North, PDP)
10. Sen. Garba Gamawa (Bauchi North, PDP)

12. Sen. Gobir Ibrahim (Sokoto East, PDP)
13. Sen. Gumba Adamu Ibrahim (Bauchi South, PDP)
14. Sen. Hadi Sirika (Katsina North, CPC)
15. Sen. Ibrahim Bukar Abba (Yobe East, ANPP)
16. Sen. Jajere Alkali (Yobe South, ANPP)
17. Sen. Jibrilla Mohammed (Adamawa North, PDP)
18. Sen. Kabiru Gaya (Kano South, ANPP)
19. Sen. Lafiagi Mohammed (Kwara North, PDP)
20. Sen. Lawan Ahmad (Yobe North, ANPP)
21. Sen. Maccido Mohammed (Sokoto North, PDP)
22. Sen. Musa Ibrahim (Niger North, CPC)
23. Sen. Ndume Mohammed Ali (Borno South, PDP)
24. Sen. Sadiq A. Yaradua (Katsina Central, CPC)
25. Sen. Saleh Mohammed (Kaduna Central, CPC)
26. Sen. Tukur Bello (Adamawa Central, PDP)
27. Sen. Ugbesia Odion (Edo Central, PDP)
28. Sen. Umar Abubakar (Taraba Central, PDP)
29. Sen. Usman Abdulaziz (Jigawa North East, PDP)
30. Sen. Ya’au Sahabi (Zamfara North, PDP)
31. Sen. Zannah Ahmed (Borno Central, PDP)....
32. Sen. Ahmad Rufai Sani (Zamfara West, ANPP)
33. Sen. Ahmad Abdul Ningi (Bauchi Central, PDP)
34. Sen. Bello Hayatu Gwano (Kano North, PDP)
35. Sen. Ibrahim Abu (Katsina South, CPC)..
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by michealade(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2013
Olufon-ade:
Jobless people motivated by useless ideology staging a protest against an ideology that is not a must-do or must-obey.
try and get betta idea bouh constitution,,,,,,d tin no make sense at all.......

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by ifeomabernard(f): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
Education she nids,not teenage pregnancy,not forced marriage,not prolonged labor,not VVF.She's a child,not a bride.Give her a pen,not a penis!

4 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
Paedophile pls stay off weed.

Don Demu: Make them go siddon joor. Una no hold protest on beta matta na dis one come dey make una blood rush? Dem force you to marry under aged babe abi dem se make u marry off ur daughter early? FOOLS

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by nerodenero: 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2013
You are so so so foolish that in the Kingdom of foolish persons,you are King,a role model and a great leader.To further explain how highly exalted your foolishness is,it is second to none.Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2013
Islam is causing more harm than good to the whole world.
Why would a grown up man declare publicly that it is his religious right to get married and have sex with a minor.
The religion is not only violent, it's a disgrace to those that practise it....
NOW ENDEAVOUR TO READ MY SIGNATURE BEFORE YOU START SAYING RUBBISH.

4 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by addicted268(f): 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2013
Don Demu: U bunch of jobless folks who hate the word PEACE. How e tek concern u? As d law no come make am mandatory to marry or marry off an underaged babe makes it a matter of free will. May be u guys are just being jealous cos u quiet well know how tight a 9yr old will be down there and ur fake religious belief will not allow you have a taste

shocked shocked shocked Osanobua!!

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by howfarwhatagwan: 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2013
Why cant people just take time read the subject, digest it and think before making comments. They are trying to sign a petition in protest... Gosh this is the right way to go.

for those saying there are better things to protest about go and start your own protest now and oh how easy for you to say do you know what it feels like to have a child? of course you obviously have no clue and then some mad man will want to steal her innocence. You might as well have the child and marry her yourself.

I have tried so hard to refrain from saying this but will go ahead may God severely punish every evil man who takes delight in defiling innocent children be it in the senate or on this forum (AMEN)

Please Nigerians always think before you make comments on such sensitive issues that have huge consequences.

Oh Chidi Lloyd how I wish you were in the senate to help us break Yerima's head when he started this rubbish at least you for get standing ovation for this one. Make any man near my pikin first I will kill you myself.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Olufonade: 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2013
see how people are flexing their muscles on issues they can easily disregard. Do they have hiding agenda?
Re: Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2013
obi123: got this from Linda ikeji's site, not sure why no 11 has been omitted

Name and shame of people who think that its ok to have sexual relations with little girls. People who don't think there is anything bad in torturing little girls as long as their sexual desires are fulfilled.

Below is the list of the Nigeria Senators who voted for underage marriage in Nigeria...
1. Sen. Abdulmumin M. Hassan (Jigawa South West, PDP)
2. Sen. Abdullahi Danladi (Jigawa North West, PDP)
3. Sen. Adamu Abdullahi (Nasarawa West, PDP)
4. Sen. Ahmed Barata (Adamawa South, PDP)
5. Sen. Akinyelure Ayo (Ondo Central, Labour Party)
6. Sen. Alkali Saidu A. (Gombe North, PDP)
7. Sen. Bagudu Abubakar A. (Kebbi Central, PDP)
8. Sen. Dahiru Umaru (Sokoto South, PDP)
9. Sen. Galaudu Isa (Kebbi North, PDP)
10. Sen. Garba Gamawa (Bauchi North, PDP)

12. Sen. Gobir Ibrahim (Sokoto East, PDP)
13. Sen. Gumba Adamu Ibrahim (Bauchi South, PDP)
14. Sen. Hadi Sirika (Katsina North, CPC)
15. Sen. Ibrahim Bukar Abba (Yobe East, ANPP)
16. Sen. Jajere Alkali (Yobe South, ANPP)
17. Sen. Jibrilla Mohammed (Adamawa North, PDP)
18. Sen. Kabiru Gaya (Kano South, ANPP)
19. Sen. Lafiagi Mohammed (Kwara North, PDP)
20. Sen. Lawan Ahmad (Yobe North, ANPP)
21. Sen. Maccido Mohammed (Sokoto North, PDP)
22. Sen. Musa Ibrahim (Niger North, CPC)
23. Sen. Ndume Mohammed Ali (Borno South, PDP)
24. Sen. Sadiq A. Yaradua (Katsina Central, CPC)
25. Sen. Saleh Mohammed (Kaduna Central, CPC)
26. Sen. Tukur Bello (Adamawa Central, PDP)
27. Sen. Ugbesia Odion (Edo Central, PDP)
28. Sen. Umar Abubakar (Taraba Central, PDP)
29. Sen. Usman Abdulaziz (Jigawa North East, PDP)
30. Sen. Ya’au Sahabi (Zamfara North, PDP)
31. Sen. Zannah Ahmed (Borno Central, PDP)....
32. Sen. Ahmad Rufai Sani (Zamfara West, ANPP)
33. Sen. Ahmad Abdul Ningi (Bauchi Central, PDP)
34. Sen. Bello Hayatu Gwano (Kano North, PDP)
35. Sen. Ibrahim Abu (Katsina South, CPC)..

Fcking Muslims!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo To Attend Tinubu’s APC Presidential Rally For The First Time / Delta Nominates Dead Man For Assembly’s Screening / Buhari Contesting Election In 2019 Will Be A Big Joke — Akinjide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.