Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja (46829 Views)

"What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Virgin Mary Image Seen On Hospital Window In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Oxygenmayo(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
are we to give kudos to Mary or Jesus, who brought salvation to mankind? the devil at times manifest as an angel of light...we need discernment to discern...remember, thou shall not worship or make any graven image of any likeness and worship...
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
You are an illierate. I said "What importance does she have to Christendom"?
u are a dumb azz ..by questioning her importance, u are clearly implying she is not important, hence my question: "so the woman who gave birth to your God has no importance" . anuofia

4 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Adamskuty(m): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
Puha grin puhahaha grin puhahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha grin

i laugh grin

crack da ribs grin

virgin mary indeed
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
@ op, 4real shocked shocked shocked
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by kasheemawo(m): 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: so the woman who gave birth to Your God has no importance? some protestants sha. bunch of clueless rebels
so God has mother? Who is now God's father? Am sorry to say ur brain is already damaged

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: so the woman who gave birth to Your God has no importance? some protestants sha. bunch of clueless rebels
I noticed that you changed your initial post grin I never said she has no relevance but she should not be seen in the same light as Jesus Christ. That's what a Catholics are doing. Jesus could have been bore by just about any woman. He had to come to the earth one way or the other. You guys are taking this Marry ish too far abeg.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by theripper3: 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
How can she still be a virgin even when she gave birth to some other people after jesus.

Catholics should leave this delusion for the Muslims abeg.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
kasheemawo: so God has mother? Who is now God's father? Am sorry to say ur brain is already damaged
sorry , I don't debate with protestants ..I look down on u , bunch of soulless people . u are clueless and clearly don't know how to defend your rebellion .

Catholic believe In holy trinity .

God the son God the Father and the holy spirit
Jesus is GOD in the Catholic church
Mary is the mother of JEsus so she is the mother of God

u are free to believe in it or say it doesn't make any sense ...Catholic don't care , u are entitled to your opinion , after all u believe in judgment day and that water can be turned to wine . so bug off and start questioning your Anglican church which foundations come from the selfish interests of a man who wanted to divorce. Mba

4 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
I noticed that you changed your initial post grin I never said she has no relevance but she should not be seen in the same light as Jesus Christ. That's what a Catholics are doing. Jesus could have been bore by just about any woman. He had to come to the earth one way or the other. You guys are taking this Marry ish too far abeg.
u better accept u misread my Op because I didn't change anything , next time proofread before calling someone else illiterate .onye araa tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by sugardaddy1(m): 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Catholics honour Mary, the mother of God.We do not worship her. Please join me as I pray :-
"Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death (Amen)"

3 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Oyemie(f): 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
Y wld Mary still be carrying Jesus?the Jesus i know grew up, died , ressurected and ascended to heaven..so who is dat child Mary is still carrying?[
quote author=cutievik]Guys believe it or yes it was real,I was there it was said by the priest of the churuch during his sermon in the service that Jesus would visit them yesterday,At about 12PM yesterday the image was found on the left upper most part of the church.I came to uromi to pay a visit to my grandma which I had to just stop by at ubiaja to see my aunty when I noticed the whole town was agog with people all trouping to the church to see the image of mary which they said appeared on the wall,so my cousins and my aunt said we should join them,so w e did.When we got to the church believe I shouted out to my cosins saying 'Na water be this'I had to turn round to verify by the wall behind was as dry as a desert,there and then. I agree it was and image but who's image I do not knw,all I saw was a woman carrying a child of which I haven't seen marry before so I cudn't tell.But if there was an image on the was YES THERE WAS!!![/quote]
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by xtremely9ja: 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
Sometimes it beats me how a lot of people on this forum argues and trade words unintelligently which betrays the values and image expected of the personality we purport to be. A truely religious individual is never expected to indulge in argument talkless of condecending to the point of insulting, name calling or even cursing to justify his/her point. May God help us all, remember we can never force others to accept our view but can only persuade them with the right kind of view. Thanks
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by calddon(m): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
Cleopatranwa: dis is one of d dumbest questions I ve ever come across! Talking of interception, who was d one dat was approached to intercede on behalf of d wedding that brought about Jesus's FIRST miracle? Believe it or not,Mary intercede's on behalf of anybody dat calls on her! she's d Mother of Christ, so therefore She merits d Honor n prayers! Even if u r not a Catholic, always call on her in any situation u find urself cuz she still listens to our plights and takes it to her Son Jesus Christ on our behalf! *Anybody dat doesn't believe dat Mother Mary is a means of gaining easy access to Christ is living in denial!
no offence but still on dis dumb topic quotes sciptures where Christ asked his fellowers known as christains to pray tru mary
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
$ugardaddy:

Catholics honour Mary, the mother of God.We do not worship her. Please join me as I pray :-
"Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death (Amen)"
What does it mean to honour Mary? is she the only one that worth honoring? It sure sounds like you're worhiping her though you say you honour her and the bolded statement just shows that you guys kinda see her as a God.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: sorry , I don't debate with protestants ..I look down on u , bunch of soulless people . u are clueless and clearly don't know how to defend your rebellion .

u are free to believe in it or say it doesn't make any sense ...Catholic don't care , u are entitled to your opinion , after all u believe in judgment day and that water can be turned to wine . so bug off and start questioning your Anglican church which foundations come from the selfish interests of a man who wanted to divorce. Mba

What kind of Christian looks down on another Christian? Is that what Mary taught you?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: sorry , I don't debate with protestants ..I look down on u , bunch of soulless people . u are clueless and clearly don't know how to defend your rebellion .

There is nothing HOLY about the Trinity , the Trinity is PAGAN.

Even more PAGAN and outrageous , in fact BLASPHEMY , is to suggest that GOD has a Mother.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: u are a dumb azz ..by questioning her importance, u are clearly implying she is not important, hence my question: "so the woman who gave birth to your God has no importance" . anuofia

God have a Mother ? Delusion forever !!!

cool
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
frosbel:

Even more PAGAN and outrageous , in fact BLASPHEMY , is to suggest that GOD has a Mother.

frosbel:

cool

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
masonkz:

What kind of Christian looks down on another Christian? Is that what Mary taught you?
I'm not Christian , I don't belong in your made up word( that u protestant& co created to use Catholic as shield) . Catholic are Catholic. I don't want to b associated with people who insult the mother of God, disrespect the pope or don't recognize his authority , don't consider the Catholic Church as the only true church, the only apostolic church etc ....stop trying to put us in the same basket. stand on your own feet .

besides I can't help most of u talk rubbish .and are clueless about the religion.

Ps: i'm proudly Pagan but former Catholic(so I can't miss an occasion to put some sense in your protestant thick heads)
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I'm not Christian , I don't belong in your made up word( that u protestant& co created to use Catholic as shield) . Catholic are Catholic. I don't want to b associated with people who insult the mother of God, disrespect the pope or don't recognize his authority , don't consider the Catholic Church as the only true church, the only apostolic church etc ....stop trying to put us in the same basket. stand on your own feet .

besides I can't help most of u talk rubbish .and are clueless about the religion.

Ps: i'm proudly Pagan but former Catholic(so I can't miss an occasion to put some sense in your protestant thick heads)
The bolded shows shows that you're unstable. How can you be defending something you ran away from.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
frosbel:

here comes the deceiver, the impostor . all hail to frosbel the former Catholic now born again
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by amiskurie(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
italo:

How do you know it is satan?

Why do you judge what you do not know?
u see now?
this is the reason why no one shld judge odas religion or beliefs.practice wat u preach!
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by philfearon(m): 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
scipher: Mtcheeeew..of all the places in this world na edo Mary show face Are you f##king kidding me ! Werring she find go there self lipsrsealed

Of all the places in this world,Jesus Christ was born in a Manger....U r just delusional bro..(no offence)
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by shejane: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
is beta nt 2 say anytin dan 2 bring comdemnation 2 ursef nd ur generation, evry tin no b play play oooo, ders no excuse 4 ignorance, he who av ear..................
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I

Ps: i'm proudly Pagan but former Catholic (so I can't miss an occasion to put some sense in your protestant thick heads)

You were a former PAGAN and you still are a PAGAN.

What's the difference ?

cool

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
The bolded shows shows that you're unstable. How can you be defending something you ran away from.
I didn't run away from anything I went back to my traditions . and as a traditional worshipper I can't call myself a Catholic anymore . However I have never been and I will never b a bigot . i know what's good and what's wrong in any religion , like i said i only talk about Christianity when Catholic are involved because i know your lots will come and spit rubbish . You can't call yourself a follower of Christ and disrespect his mother .it doesn't add up. can u b friend with someone who calls ur mum a LovePeddler? like Frosbel is always calling Virgin Mary? does it even make sense?

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by shejane: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
wt ur tougue shall u bless nd wt ur tougue shal u curse, dot let ur tougue curse u all in d name of nairaland, cos on dat day nairaland wil deny u.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
frosbel:

cool

Catholics are actually not looking for followers and they don't go doors to doors to convert importune people like ur average JW or redeemers . so let them b in their delusion .they don't need or want u . they are already 2billions
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
frosbel:

You were a former PAGAN and you still are a PAGAN.

What's the difference ?

cool
mr deceiver , when are u going to buy a jet like pastor?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I didn't ran away from anything I went back to my traditions . and as a traditional worshipper I can't call myself a Catholic anymore . However I have never been and I will never b a bigot . i know what's good and what's wrong in any religion , like i said i only talk about Christianity when Catholic are involved because i know your lots will come and spit rubbish . You can't call yourself a follower of Christ and disrespect his mother .it doesn't add up. can u b friend with someone who calls ur mum a LovePeddler? like Frosbel is always calling Virgin Mary? does it even make sense?
You can;t be two things at the same time. it's either you're pagan or a Catholic. The two are at variance with each other. You can't be a pagan and be defending the Catholicism you no longer practice. If you believed so much in Catholicism, you would have still being a catholic. The day i decide not to be a Christian again, you won't see me defending Christianity against Islam or any other religion. I think you're confused. Make up your mind fast
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by swaggzo(m): 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
is that what your own mother Mary looks like?. as smallish and shorter than a single window pane?
haba guys.. you don't need a wolves nose to smell or sense the dead fouls play from that so called appiration image. I can even draw that with my pee!
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by turl(m): 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
No be groundnut oil person pour for wall so?
Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor Isaac Pada Beats Me - Wife, Precious Pada Denies Missing / Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos / Father Mbaka Speaks On Assassination Attempt, Gunshots Fired At Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.