Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,520 members, 7,770,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 (46585 Views)

A Guide To Every Country That Gained Independence In 1960 And How Were Named / Other Countries That Gained Independence In 1960 And How They Got Their Names / Constitution Of The Federation Of Nigeria (1960) And Other Nigerian Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Positiveminds(m): 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
I am comparing mentality and vision here not population, don't make me do China vs Nigeria

Nigeria's gdp $91.37 in 1960
China's gdp $69.79 in 1962.

You are suffering from sacramentus, mental haracry
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by chrissy365: 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
That's a new one, never knew qatar wasn't investing in its citizens, you mean they don't go to the best school, they have the best labs, best sports facilities, the hold large stake in any company in their company.

Btw tell me how nigeria invests in its citizens, through ASUU strike?

Qatar university ranks 17th in the middle east and 1772 out of 8000 universities in the world. The universities are occupied by foreign teachers. Their citizens are lazy because of the large sum of pocket money their government pays them from oil revenue.
Even their national news network is occupied by 98% foreigners.
They lack a lot of experts.
Money that should go to building other sources of revenue and create jobs for their people.
What will happen when the oil dries up? Why do you think their monarchs don't want to upset the US?
qatar is not an industrialized country and should not be compare with Nigeria. Period.

If you trully went to university you would know that ASUU is a group of selfish lectures who want nothing more than more powers to control the Universities.

To the best of my knowledge, the government provides them with funds but the funds end up with the VCs, professors and some senior lecturers. Is it government that sells handouts to us even after knowing we have text books? Is it government that mandates us to pay money before our scrpts can be marked? Is it the government that told our lecturers to be lazying around till they skip they lecture hours thereby taking the poor students backwards?

Their demands are outrageous and haven't you noticed how incoherent they are with defending the reason for their demands?

These guys are well paid but they are too lazy and corrupt to be given authonomy to run these schools by themselves.

Just imagine when government hands off the Universities. ASUU has been compromised and is now a corrupt body. And i hate them as much as i hate many other lecturers.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Dhortunn(m): 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli: True that but we've got to do something about it else our future generations wouldn't spare us

I don't know what else the masses can do in this present situation...most of those loud human-right activists that we have are dining with the looters of the nation's wealth. Or are you thinking of how we should eliminate them all??...lool...no, they have gained powers and even have strong connections everywhere. It's either you play by their rules or you continue to complain. I would only be deceiving you and myself if i say there is still 'middle class' in this country. It's either you have much to squander or you have lots to ponder. The way things are going in Nigeria, it can only get worse, sincerely and that's the bitter truth. We only need God's help and we need it FAST. I am an optimist but realism is needed too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Lordlexy: 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
MAYOWAAK: While Nigerian governors were busy meeting and strategising non-stop on who should be the next chairman of the Political Billionaires’ Club, popularly known as the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), the Ruler of Dubai – a state in the United Arab Emirates – was busy unveiling plans to build three world-class hospitals and 40 new clinics to promote “medical tourism”. His Highness Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum said the plan was to build hospitals comparable to any medical facility anywhere in the world. They will also build five-star hotels next door to the facilities for the relatives of patients. The objective is to add another dimension to the Dubai story – trade, travel, real estate and now medical tourism. That is vision. That is leadership.

About the same time in my dearly beloved country, our multi-billionaire governors and other politicians were meeting day and night and night and day over who controls the meaningless Political Billionaires’ Club. Their disagreement was not about building world-class hospitals and world-class schools. It was not about fixing the potholes that litter our roads all over the federation. It was not about ending infant and maternal mortality. It was not about making Nigeria a land of trade and tourism. It was not about turning Nigeria to an exporter of mobile phones, like South Korea, or dairy products, like the Netherlands. The goal of political power, as far as they can see, is intrigues. Politics starts and ends with elections. Development is a distraction.

Now, with all the emotion and passion being exerted in the polity in the past few weeks over the NGF election, I will not be surprised if many of these politicians end up with high blood pressure and stroke by 2015. Well, I’ve got news for them. By then, Dubai will hopefully have opened one of their world-class hospitals, complete with the best equipment and the best medical personnel the world has to offer. Nigerian politicians can go there to receive treatment after the elections. With no world-class hospital in Nigeria, Dubai will eagerly welcome our leaders with open arms. After all, are these chubby-cheeked politicians and their fronts not the ones buying up the choice property in Dubai while millions of Nigerians remain homeless?
Insightful. A food for thought. No one has put it better like. Like i said in my earlier post, this calls for sober reflection, and not calling for the crucifixion of obiagelli. It grieved me to have elected leaders leaving our shore to far away india, cuba, dubai for medical attention. What happen to the average Nigerians who can afford such? That is callous, wickedness and total disregard to the very right of the populace. Yet, gullible as some are, will come here to attack anyone whose opinion of the bad state of the nation contract theirs. Every factor for development; population, oil, solid minerals are within our bound but failure of leadership which breed ethnicity, religious intolerance, corruption and general backwardness should take the centre stage of this topic and not this shallow thinking express here today. How many of you are comforting watching those sick patients being displayed on AIT soliciting for funds running into millions to be transported and treated in India thus increasing the Gdp of that country, quite shameful. That is a clear evident of failed leadership. Development transceds couple of good houses and office blocks to availability of basic and adequate amenities and service utilities which presently, is grossly lacking. Pls, stop calling for Obi's head.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by chrissy365: 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lordlexy: Insightful. A food for thought has put it better like. Like i said in my earlier post, this calls sober reflection, and not calling for the crucifixion of obiagelli. It grieved me to have elected leaders leaving our shore to far away india, cuba, dubai for medical attention. What happen to those average Nigerians who can afford such? That is callous, wickedness and total disregard to the very right of the populace. Yet, gullible as some are, will come here to attack anyone whose opinion of the bad state of the nation contract theirs. Every factor for development; population, oil, solid minerals are within our bound but failure of leadership which breed ethnicity, religious intolerance, corruption and general backwardness should take the centre stage of this topic and not this shallow thinking express here today. How many of you are comforting watching those sick patients being displayed on AIT soliciting for funds running into millions to be transported and treated in India thus increasing the Gdp of that country, quite shameful. That is a clear evident of failed leadership. Development transceds couple of good houses and office blocks to availability of basic and adequate amenities and service utilities which presently, is grossly lacking. Pls, stop calling for Obi's head.

you couldn't have said it any better.
Since GEJ has shown his incababilities to take us to the promise land, will you come out to protest when he riggs election? Cos i doubt he'll be re elected if done free and fair.
Me know sey my people fear death pass fowl sef grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by chrissy365: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
1770 out of 8000

yeah. Higher than ours but not a model to follow. I'll rather you compare Nigeria to south africa that has more population, less oil, more industrialized, builds it's own technology.
That a country i will want Nigeria to follow or china. Not Qatar

your comparison is wrong and not motivating at all
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Kenistry(m): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
Adex097: @obigeli or wetin be her name sef, if you like , post the picture of heaven here. Me will always love naija.
#like this post if you are on the same page with me#....abeg nairalanders, am allergic to insults so plz don't !!!
Oga Seun, abeg wia d dislike button agn?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by vivavik(f): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
emmanuel4758: tah go and sitdon am nt sure u have pass bonny boundary even ph city old gra fine pass dat qatar pics talkles of calabar,lagos island or abuja main town u poor girl u hav to go for excution nt ur fault sha
. Lol. U knw,I'm sorry 4 u cos this poor grl as u call me has lived in all this cities mentioned above, whr in cali is tht? Is it cali south? Etagbor? Or whr? Our problems arise 4rm so many thns including ur primitive mind tht thinks pple don't travel jst simply because u don't. Wake up man, we nid prayers and this kind of debate @ least 2 air our views instead of doing nofin. Don't curse o, act maturedly tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Mayor46(m): 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
This goes to show that nigeria has fallen backward in the committee of nations..naija go better when?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Godogwu: 5:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
saintadeola: Of course,dat hw 80 per cent of naija be like,look d whole naija place dar ar fine can be numbered,am sure if u go to qatar,there cities ar beautiful,naija is avin poor development,our mistake is in 1960,we shouldn't av attain independent,its too early,if white has help us manage naija till 1995 or more,u will av seen what development looks like,1960 is a great mistake.our independence is too early

This write up is appauling.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by successking: 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lordlexy: Insightful. A food for thought has put it better like. Like i said in my earlier post, this calls sober reflection, and not calling for the crucifixion of obiagelli. It grieved me to have elected leaders leaving our shore to far away india, cuba, dubai for medical attention. What happen to those average Nigerians who can afford such? That is callous, wickedness and total disregard to the very right of the populace. Yet, gullible as some are, will come here to attack anyone whose opinion of the bad state of the nation contract theirs. Every factor for development; population, oil, solid minerals are within our bound but failure of leadership which breed ethnicity, religious intolerance, corruption and general backwardness should take the centre stage of this topic and not this shallow thinking express here today. How many of you are comforting watching those sick patients being displayed on AIT soliciting for funds running into millions to be transported and treated in India thus increasing the Gdp of that country, quite shameful. That is a clear evident of failed leadership. Development transceds couple of good houses and office blocks to availability of basic and adequate amenities and service utilities which presently, is grossly lacking. Pls, stop calling for Obi's head.

Look! Obi's comparison is provocative because he/she never placed Nigeria and Qatar on the same playing field. It is an outburst of frustration and hopelessness. If he/she had something to say about our corrupt politicians who are fighting to get enough for themselves and their children,and not the constituencies they represent, he/she would have presented it plainly for Nigerians to make their contributions. No doubt, Nigerian has a leadership problem. CBN is busy using all its resources in fighting inflation to retain the value of Naira for the corrupt politician, while Nigerian youth unemployment is growing in geometric terms. Revolution is the only answer which these corrupt politicians will escape.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Godogwu: 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
I posted what I see and i know 80% of Nigeria is no different from that picture from north, East, South or West. We deserve better as a nation. Most of you give this master leaders that all is well while 80% of our population live below poverty line. Get real bro. Patriotism should be well placed.

80 wah?... LOL, i can't even bother with some of you..
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by 3kay945(m): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
Emmadani: sum pple dnt seem to undastand it.Lagos and abuja wil give u d size of qatar,so if al 9ja resource and money ad bin invested only in abuja and lagos,then dats when sum1 can come nd compare qatar wit 9ja.Even ebonyi is populated than qatar.Nawa o pple comparing qatar nd nigeria,wondas shall never enddd.

What a shallow mind
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Lordlexy: 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2013
chrissy365:

you couldn't have said it any better.
Since GEJ has shown his incababilities to take us to the promise land, will you come out to protest when he riggs election? Cos i doubt he'll be re elected if done free and fair.
Me know sey my people fear death pass fowl sef grin
Chris, our vote is our power. We can use medium like and unanimously air our views without having divergent opinion. What op posted is a reflection of poor management of our collectivn common wealth and shouldn't have attracted unwarrented critism which is a loop hole the elite seek for to play on the gullibility of the ppl. We must continue to educate ourselves by posting pictures such as these to awaken us from our slumber to the real world where competence rather than sentiment reign supreme.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by gbokun(m): 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2013

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Dinobenson: 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:

Thanks o

Nigeria's gdp $91.37 in 1960
China's gdp $69.79 in 1962.

whats d population then and now,that of china is almost constant ,while that of Nigeria...factors holding Nigeria down apart from corrupt leaders..religion( you know which) tribal sentiments ,craze for quick wealth and lots more.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Mospring(m): 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
lwkmd! foni indeed; guess we nid to be proactive to adjust to prospects dat we re expectn sooner!....ish
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by successking: 7:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
[quote olusholag@stresert.comauthor=Mospring]lwkmd! foni indeed; guess we nid to be proactive to adjust to prospects dat we re expectn sooner!....ish[/quote]
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Horus(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
Chikeziehosan: Horus Is a fool...Obiagelli or wharreva her crap name is a renowned unpatriotic rebel..who post rubbish based on unverified trash facts...imagine a country's gdp less than 100 dollars thats like saying in 1960 Nigeria had less than 1500 as it's collective wealth..this is treasonous...if this was Russia dey 'd b executed...smh n shame on all u rebellous dullards...Nigeria is great n u'll see it right before u die in a fatal auto-crash...useless people who ar ungrateful n unsatisfied doing nothing to help us grow only seat here talking trash n posting 1 1 pictures as doe ur begging..how did dis tin make front page...y not compare both countries gdp..Nigerians spoil deir names demselves...when i become president..i will execute every staff of Sahara reporters n their likes here on Nairaland...we can't move forward cept we get rid of some disgruntled elements...For A Greater Cause Sacrifices must be made...kill all rebelous thugs

How can just posting pictures can be "treasonous"?. What about leaders who loots money that could have been used to build cities and infrastructures?. For me looting is treasonous because they loot money from their own nation.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by dollyparton(m): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
and must u mention mushin? Why not iyana ipaja or abule egba?
souldust: failed attempt! Why dont you go and show lekki, banana island, maitama, ikoyi, VGC, etc instead of this mushin street you are shoing here.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by 4Play(m): 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
Nigeria has been a failure but it is fundamentally flawed to imply, as this thread seems to, that we ought to be like Qatar or the UAE. For reasons others have stated, comparing Nigeria and the Gulf oil rich states is comparing apples and oranges.

The population difference is not something to be dismissed off hand. The Emirati rulers are as corrupt as ours, only, they have populations the size of a Nigerian city so they can afford to embezzle money and still have more than enough left over.

If we should compare, we need to compare ourselves with the likes of Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan. All poor countries whose living standards were not far from ours, even lower, in the 60s but all who are now developed countries known for their technological prowess.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by NellyGhenghen(m): 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
OKAY THIS IS IT! angry

HOW CAN SOMEONE BE COMPARING THE CAPITAL OF QATAR TO A SLUM IN LAGOS? ARE YOU EVEN THINKING STRAIGHT? ARE U OK? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY NON NIGERIANS ARE GOING TO SEE THIS POST NOW AND THINK THATS THE BEST NIGERIA CAN PROVIDE? WHEN WOULD YOU GUYS STOP SHITTING YOURSELVES? TMRW IF A GHANIAN/SOUTH AFRICAN COMES ON THIS THREAD TO SAY NIGERIA IS DIRTY, YOU D INSULT THEIR LIFE, WHEN YALL ARE REALLY AT FAULT.

IF YOU GREW UP IN THE GHETTO AND HAVE NEVER LEFT THE GHETTO, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CATEGORIZE YOUR AREA AS "NIGERIA" ON AN INTERNATIONAL FORUM LIKE NAIRALAND, THATS IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY!! IF YOU LIVE IN QATAR AND LIKE IT BETTER THAN YOUR COUNTRY, DENOUNCE YOU NIGERIAN NATIONALITY AND STOP SHITTING THE PROUD CITIZENS!. I LIVED IN LAGOS for 10 YEARS, BEFORE MY FAM MOVED TO ABUJA. LAGOS IS A BEAUTIFUL LIVELY CITY, THERE IS NO BIG CITY WITHOUT A SLUM EVEN ALMIGHTY NEW YORK HAS DIRTY SLUMS!! ABUJA IS ONE OF, IF NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CITY IN WEST AFRICA, CALABAR AND PORTHARCOT AND PRETTY NICE CITIES! GOOGLE NEWYORK AND THE ONLY PICS YOU D SEE ARE PICS OF BROAD STREET! GOOGLE NAIROBI, ONLY PICS YOU LL SEE ARE THEIR BEST PICTURES SAME FOR SA AND EVEN GH... dem tell you say them no get ghetto??

IM TIRED OF ALL THIS NEGATIVITY ABOUT MY COUNTRY!!! IT HAS TO STOP! angry angry angry IF BBC IS SHITTING YOU, YOU D SHIT YOURSELVES ASWELL GODFORBID ONE MY MATES SEES THESE PICTURES NOW, WHAT WOULD I TELL EM! AFTER SPENDING AN ETERNITY TRYING TO CONVINCE THEM THAT NIGERIA ISNT A DESERT, NOW THIS! PUTAIN! angry

This BELOW is the same lagos thats being shitted!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by fizzy94(m): 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
kakakibuy: Qatar's population : 1,903,447
Naija's population : in excess of 170 million

Qatar's Government : Unitary absolute monarchy (stable even if not perfect)
Naija's Government : Democracy - Military rule - Coup - Civil war - Nascent democracy - Demonstration of craze

Why are you comparing the two?
All these ur points leads to....Point is there's no development in this country of ours, those saying vgc, ikoyi or banana island can u afford it?, this Qatar people make things very easy for even the poor
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Horus(m): 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
[img]http://3.bp..com/-HFLLc5KNDrI/T129F0ukjuI/AAAAAAAAJ0I/RyFiPFzooug/s1600/singapore%2Bskyline%2Bin%2Blate%2B1960s%2Bfrom%2Bcathay%2Bhotel%2B1968b_sm.jpg[/img]

Singapore in 1968

Singapore in 2008

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
_
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Horus(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by mildteddy(m): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
ochejoseph: Obiageli what you did was wrong and I think you should apologise ,your choice of pictures especially for Nigeria was terrible I understand the 80% rule you are trying to play but Bad as e bad Nigerians know when to defend Nigeria . Bless Nigeria
This post reminds me of one of the reasons why I dont like apologising to people, especially people like this, because every time I try to, I feel like I'm actually massaging someone's ego (that's disgusting)...
Having said that, my point here is, Nigerians have very big problem with their ego. We see and place ourselves to high, above what we are. We brag (talking is cheap). We think we deserve special treatments and recommendAtions, more than other nations around us, because we are the 'giant', the most populous. We really are great people, very intelligent, very creative etc. But we also are very EGOCENTRIC.
See all this tribal issues going on here? That's us trying to protect our egos (disgusting).
That is because we feel insecure, about our future, about what's gonna happen to our reputation (cheap reputation based on talks and AK-47, a pure West African dream)if all this people we've been pouting our chest at wake up and realize that they are even better than us... we boast about the past, we fight over the past and we live in it, afraid to think of the future.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by mildteddy(m): 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2013
According to the OP or whatever, The point I believe she's is trying to make sincerely is that our country, Nigeria, is not where it is supposed to be, because of (should I say) the short sightedness of us (I may sound offensive, but all I want to do is say my mind, if You feel offended, don't expect any apologies.)
The governor of a state where I stay was just awarded the best governor in Nigeria by Bill Gates foundation, but the fact is to the majority of his people, besides the fact that there's no visible proof that he has stolen their money, he is the most under-performing governor of all times. You know why? Because he embraced the future. Drawing future city plans, constructing things that will be needed as time goes by, which are of economic importance. I'm not trying to advertise anybody, mind you, try and get my point. We live in the moment, we like things that happen immediately, too darn impatient for development, and that's what the leaders have been bringing; things that last for the moment; call it ecstasy if you like.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by guttentag(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
Nigeria is Farrrr Behind and even the lekki and maitama are occupied by our Barbaric Leaders
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by 1oracle(m): 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
souldust: stop it already! Your china, Nigeria comparison will be worse than the one u just made.

China is the oldest nation state there is. Nigeria is not a nation state. We were forced together and we had so many things to reconcile before we could move forward.

Jumble the english, french and the germans together the way it was done with us and what you have, would be the same thing we are experiencing now.
The likes of you actually think that becos we are blacks, we are less intelligent than them and they would have done better id they were jumbled up like we were.

Abeg close this thread already e don fal before e start.
Excuse ..excuse and excuse .....ojukwu is a prophet. Until the wrongs of lugard in 1914 is corrected, we will continue to give excuse and excuses till eternity. disintegration is the answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Picture Of Amaechi Plaiting The Hair Of A New APC Convert / Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units / Tinubu Plays With Grandkids Amidst Rumours Of Ill Health (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.