Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,589 members, 7,770,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:28 AM

Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 (46588 Views)

A Guide To Every Country That Gained Independence In 1960 And How Were Named / Other Countries That Gained Independence In 1960 And How They Got Their Names / Constitution Of The Federation Of Nigeria (1960) And Other Nigerian Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by nijanigga: 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
souldust: failed attempt! Why dont you go and show lekki, banana island, maitama, ikoyi, VGC, etc instead of this mushin street you are shoing here.
Because you can't compare lekki,banana island,maitama, etc to any of these structures in Qatar.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by dAesthete(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]OP, let's meet @ one of dia AC'ed Stadius for a world cup game then u'll knw hw far behind Quatar is to the Great [b][/b]NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
chrissy365:

sister the fact is that you made a very wrong, biased, trecherous and unpatriotic comparison. Now you want to shift it to complain about corruption.

We have problems but it doesn't mean we have to destroy the country with our leaders.

What if a potential investor sees your misinterpretation of 9ja and decides to take his business somewhere else, is it not you and i that will lose?

I have moved around Nigeria and i can tell you clearly that you have wronged your country big time. Their are better ways to protest against corruption and mismanagement by our leaders, but not by bringing the country down with it.

It's people like you that will say we don't have trains or tall buildings in Nigeria. I don't know whether to call you ignorant or just wicked.
I posted what I see and i know 80% of Nigeria is no different from that picture from north, East, South or West. We deserve better as a nation. Most of you give this master leaders that all is well while 80% of our population live below poverty line. Get real bro. Patriotism should be well placed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2013
Venchy:

I will tell you what the 80% looks like, from the Airport all I can see is hungry faces begging for money, from the chief Immigration officer to the smallest officer, No soap in the toilet for visitors, the fair car park has become mile 12 yam market and before the plane torch down in the night all you can see from the top is Darkness, means Nigerians are in the DARK.

Please tell me how the 80% of the country lives when the Entrance to the country is in serious deterioration?
Truth hurts.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by docsamie: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
Jst vote 4 me and naija's worry will be history.......datz all!
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by chrissy365: 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
Venchy:

I will tell you what the 80% looks like, from the Airport all I can see is hungry faces begging for money, from the chief Immigration officer to the smallest officer, No soap in the toilet for visitors, the fair car park has become mile 12 yam market and before the plane torch down in the night all you can see from the top is Darkness, means Nigerians are in the DARK.

Please tell me how the 80% of the country lives when the Entrance to the country is in serious deterioration?

and please be fair with yourself and tell me which of the international airports is a mess in the country? And tell me if some airports in US don't have hustlers roamin around them.

Learn to be construtive in your critism and talking like you are in a pub.

Have you even been to any of the airports recently? Abeg go sleep if you no get yarns

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by loswhite(m): 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
idupaul:

You are one of the reasons Nigerias future is bleak ... Someone has posted a factual comparison and U de here de yarn dust .. What is in Lekki , Ikoyi and VGC u mentioned if not over priced 4 bedroom duplexes and bad roads ..
how is that a factual comparison ? Are u high on emotions?
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Venchy: 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
Truth hurts.
Weldone Obi, majority do not know that there's another life until they step out or CHANGE their ways of reasoning before they realise they nation is not moving AT ALL.
Reason for that is Bad leaders that steals the country's wealth but couldn't provide the most most essential facility ( ELETRICITY) that will drive the Economy forward.

How can a ordinary post office sort millions of latter EFFECTIVELY without no electricity.

Within the country their stupid Bank ALERT system fails woefully, money is already credited but people were waiting for Alert....what a mess

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Horus(m): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Emmadani: my guy dis is not d mata of postin the capitals of countries,post other cities in kenya na make i c.

Yes if you want you can post pictures too
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by jadakiss213(m): 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
Do tell me you still haven't figured out that gdps are in million dollars, go and pick up a good book.
babe,Ure d one that needs to pick up a good book..ure so so wrong here..Stop misinforming the public...u dint put up a chart did u?? Admit when u make a mistake.. Quoting less than a hundred dollars as a Country's GDP is soo lame..BTW,China's GDP as we speak is 8.36 Trillion Dollars..so where did u get that 'million dollar' crap ure talking about.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Lordave: 2:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
Chikeziehosan: ....It's because u dropped out from primary School..mr n mrs Olododo...Birds of the same feathers flock together..y fly no go support sh*it...mr Lordave Farmzer please stop looking for attention..cos nobody's paying u any..so upgrade n log out...common sense is not common dats y mrs Obiagelli Olododo Lordave Farmzer couldn't put m..so take her back.. N urself to any Adult continuing education programme in dat ure impoverished villa
Shît!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by loswhite(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ayee Idris: I understand the awareness you are trying to create OP. However, it only made me remember all the news report CNN used to do on us, depicting the filthiest part of the country to show the world that we are a backward 3rd class nation. We have plenty wahala as a nation. Even the New Born babies know that, but development is more than a beautiful surrounding. Even the "great" USA have slums and ghettos. We have a lot of other important problems to tackle. Qatar didn't do this on their own. They had investors willing to do business in their country. We have investors running away, from Virgin Airlines to Dunlop and many others. So when we fix the underlying problems, investors will return and Nigeria will be beautiful once more, but it starts with us.
nice post
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by chrissy365: 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
I posted what I see and i know 80% of Nigeria is no different from that picture from north, East, South or West. We deserve better as a nation. Most of you give this master leaders that all is well while 80% of our population live below poverty line. Get real bro. Patriotism should be well placed.

my dear stop talking statistics and come to reality.
You know your 80% statistic is wrong cos you focused more on the country side(villages)

please talk about the cities not villages. I stayed in a remote part of Norway for 6 months and i can tell you it was hell cos it was a typical village.

My point is that every country has what it calls it's villages. That's why they are regarded as rural areas.
China is a developing and 2nd biggest economy but their villages still have bamboo houses and a lot of poor and illitrate people. But the country is judged by it's urban developments. Facts are there for you to see.

Like i said. You need to get out from your ghetto and travel before judging.

nigeria is still suffering from greedy people but it doesn't mean we are not moving. Get you priorities right.
There are better ways to present your grievances than this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by ennecco: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
he is right look the different btw 80 and 2013. is that not enough for you to understand. you re talking of infastructure. when nigeria gov could not provide commom light and water. for nigerians .well pray jesus delivered nigeria gov.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
chrissy365:

do you realize you and your family are part of that failure? Careful what you wish for yourself dummy.
tel em
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by successking: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
OP, you don't have an argument. Remember, in 1960 there was no picture of ABUJA and there was picture of Qatar, but today there is an African most beautifully designed modern city called ABUJA. CHECK OUT FOR THE IMAGES

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
Bobo001: THAT'S A PHOTOSHOPED PICTURE. THIS IS HARAMBEE...KENYA
hutccch.Smh,i nid more of dis.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by chrissy365: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
Venchy:
Weldone Obi, majority do not know that there's another life until they step out or CHANGE their ways of reasoning before they realise they nation is not moving AT ALL.
Reason for that is Bad leaders that steals the country's wealth but couldn't provide the most most essential facility ( ELETRICITY) that will drive the Economy forward.

How can a ordinary post office sort millions of latter EFFECTIVELY without no electricity.

Within the country their stupid Bank ALERT system fails woefully, money is already credited but people were waiting for Alert....what a mess

true talk about the electricity problem(real reason i regret voting that fisherman).

But for the bank problem, please change your bank. Banks fail people all over the world. It doesn't reflect your country.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Venchy: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
chrissy365:

and please be fair with yourself and tell me which of the international airports is a mess in the country? And tell me if some airports in US don't have hustlers roamin around them.

Have you even been to any of the airports recently? Abeg go sleep if you no get yarns

From london to Baltimore, I can only see illegal Cab drivers trying to survive but not begging for money, I'm quite sure that no car park at the US airport looks like MM aa well as not having basic Soap in the toilet if truly you have been travelling.

I don't know when some Nigerians will come out to say the truth but NO, they loves leaving in Denial.

Hustling is different from the situation of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by chrissy365: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
ennecco: he is right look the different btw 80 and 2013. is that not enough for you to understand. you re talking of infastructure. when nigeria gov could not provide commom light and water. for nigerians .well pray jesus delivered nigeria gov.

that is my beef with the OP. She thinks we don't have tall buildings and fine roads and thats her problem when she should be talking about human capital and job creation. If it's about tall buildings why is half of europeans jobless?

Why does she think the UN and world bank lamented that Nigeria needs to reflect it development on it's citizens. There's development but the government is not investing on it's people (like jobs and social welfair). And this girl is talking about tall buildings and estates that we have plenty here.

Qatar is not a developing country cos their government is not investing on it's citizens, their teachers are foreigners, their buildings are own by europeans, their doctors are foreigners. Why does she think people flock to Qatar and get any job within days. Cos it's citizens don't work.

There are better ways to fight corruption than this display of ignorance. How can this government take us seriously if we don't know how to table our grievance.

Is that the kind of society the OP wants to compare us with? Abeg the babe no expose jorr
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Venchy: 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
chrissy365:

true talk about the electricity problem(real reason i regret voting that fisherman).

But for the bank problem, please change your bank. Banks fail people all over the world. It doesn't reflect your country.

I am not condemning the bank but saying the electricity failure is affecting the Alert systems.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by juman(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
nigeria is a fake country.

Obviously it would collapse.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by livebullet(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli pls how can i start a thread on Nairaland...i have so many things i wanna share wif d world, but This NL isnt jus userfriendly @ all...i hav bn here sine Feb yet i dun even still knw how to post a topic n anytime i try to find out here, no 1 reponds...too bad.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
chrissy365:

that is my beef with the OP. She thinks we don't have tall buildings and fine roads and thats her problem when she should be talking about human capital and job creation. If it's about tall buildings why is half of europeans jobless?

Why does she think the UN and world bank lamented that Nigeria needs to reflect it development on it's citizens. There's development but the government is not investing on it's people (like jobs and social welfair). And this girl is talking about tall buildings and estates that we have plenty here.

Qatar is not a developing country cos their government is not investing on it's citizens, their teachers are foreigners, their buildings are own by europeans, their doctors are foreigners. Why does she think people flock to Qatar and get any job within days. Cos it's citizens don't work.

There are better ways to fight corruption than this display of ignorance. How can this government take us seriously if we don't know how to table our grievance.

Is that the kind of society the OP wants to compare us with? Abeg the babe no expose jorr

That's a new one, never knew qatar wasn't investing in its citizens, you mean they don't go to the best school, they have the best labs, best sports facilities, the hold large stake in any company in their company.

Btw tell me how nigeria invests in its citizens, through ASUU strike?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by chrissy365: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
Venchy:

From london to Baltimore, I can only see illegal Cab drivers trying to survive but not begging for money, I'm quite sure that no car park at the US airport looks like MM aa well as not having basic Soap in the toilet if truly you have been travelling.

I don't know when some Nigerians will come out to say the truth but NO, they loves leaving in Denial.

Hustling is different from the situation of the country.

so illegal cab driver is not a hustler abi? My elder brother was robbed at george bush international airport in texas last year as a JJC going for masters. So don't teach me about huslers in american airports.

I haven't used the toilet at MMIA recently but the infrastructure i see is far better than what you want some ignorant nairalanders to believe

you are the one not being honest with yourself and you need to change.
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by KayDee4: 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
chrissy365:

Stop lying to yourself in the name of patriotism.
- MMIA is an embarrassment, not fit to be called a major international airport.
- Arrival (immig. & customs)area is so small and always very hot (blame it on the on going construction but that's a minus from me)
- A major airport where only 1 conveyor belt works. (I spent almost 2 hours just to get my bag the other day).
- The toll at the airport car park increased by 100% (from N100 to N200) and the amount of potholes in there increased by 500%. What is the toll money being used for ?
- The entire car park smells of pee and if you look around you will see puddles of urine in some corners there.
- The only airport where I have ever been caught in a traffic jam from within.
- Restrooms . . . SMH , a huge NO NO.
- etc etc etc. I won't go into the smaller details.

It's a sad situation there and even more unfortunate when we refuse to admit it to ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
livebullet: Obiagelli pls how can i start a thread on Nairaland...i have so many things i wanna share wif d world, but This NL isnt jus userfriendly @ all...i hav bn here sine Feb yet i dun even still knw how to post a topic n anytime i try to find out here, no 1 reponds...too bad.
www.nairaland.com/17637/how-post-own-topic-nairaland
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by chrissy365: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
That's a new one, never knew qatar wasn't investing in its citizens, you mean they don't go to the best school, they have the best labs, best sports facilities, the hold large stake in any company in their company.

Btw tell me how nigeria invests in its citizens, through ASUU strike?

Qatar university ranks 17th in the middle east and 1770
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by trolling(m): 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
your country will remain to be in a darkness...a servant of servant shall Canaan be
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
chrissy365:

Qatar university ranks 17th in the middle east and 1770
1770 out of 8000
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2013
I still don't get why the OP is trying to create awareness of something we're already aware of
Opening a thread on awareness of Nigeria's development not solutions to it.. undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 by GangstaGrillz: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
How dare you compare a country ruled by black Africans and inhabited by sub-saharan Africans to any other country inhabited and governed by other races of people?

Qatar is far-reaching - Malaysia and Philippines look like paradise compared to Nigeria. Comparing Nigeria to Qatar is like comparing Somalia to France - it's suicidal. All the gulf countries trump most of the Western countries (including America) in terms of developments and infrastructures - naija should NEVER be in the same sentence with those countries.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Carries Saraki Up, Moments After CCT Cleared His Charges / Photo Of Atiku Obi Saraki Ben Bruce At Their Policy Strategy Meeting At Dubai / Edo Women Sweeping PDP Away From Benin

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.