Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? (10771 Views)

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African / Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by romania5: 2:25am On Oct 08, 2013
kwangi: Romania5...

[size=18pt]propz 2 ya kwangi....keep do'N what u do..... somebody'Z got'Z to do it bud'Z....[/size]

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Ogobara(m): 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Unfortunately.....the world is dying.
Of course the world would die! cheesy what do you expect when you destroyed the root of the world, the cradle of humanity and civilization, mama Afraca? but the death of some one's world can be the rebirth of another one, we Africans prefer been the last laughter, and we shall be, slowly but surely on their faces

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by USADiasporan: 10:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
Very interesting thread! At one point I would have probably jumped at the chance to move to Africa permanently. What may have kept me from pursuing it seriously was that I had no idea of which country I'm from. Now I know I'm from Nigeria, but I only learned that this year; and at this point in my life, I'm very well established in my career. Most importantly all of my extended family are here; and I couldn't leave without them. The most I can now hope to do is visit -- and hopefully many times over my lifetime. I applaud anyone courageous enough to have made the move.

The first thing that came to mind when I read the topic was what it would take for more countries in Africa to excel on a global stage, and what role the diaspora could play in it. There are so many areas for collaboration, but perhaps an equal number of challenges. If diaspora were to return, I would hope they would seek out Africans who are receptive to collaboration and not be dissuaded by those who might oppose. It's the same in the US. No matter what you do, some will be for it, and some will be against it. Just stick with those who are for it and over time you will make a difference.

2 Likes

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by RandomAfricanAm: 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
Luckily people aren't waiting around for folks to decide if they "should go" or if they're "welcome" or not.

African Americans in Africa
https://www.nairaland.com/1455678/african-americans-africa-find-claim
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by RedEboe(m): 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
Here's inviting all true Igbo sons and daughters to come support this new Igbo television project.

Watch trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLt5Y7QoKTc

Don't just stop at watching this trailer,endeavor to support this project with donations,sponsorships and above all,prayers.

LIKE US on Facebook here: http:///1huh7lq VOTE for your Igbo Governor of the year 2013.

Igbo Mmammanu o!

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by USADiasporan: 3:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
RandomAfricanAm: Luckily people aren't waiting around for folks to decide if they "should go" or if they're "welcome" or not.

African Americans in Africa
https://www.nairaland.com/1455678/african-americans-africa-find-claim

I tried watching the videos in your thread, but for some reason my browser crashes every time. What do they say in the videos?
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by USADiasporan: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Red Eboe: Here's inviting all true Igbo sons and daughters to come support this new Igbo television project.

Watch trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLt5Y7QoKTc

Don't just stop at watching this trailer,endeavor to support this project with donations,sponsorships and above all,prayers.

LIKE US on Facebook here: http:///1huh7lq VOTE for your Igbo Governor of the year 2013.

Igbo Mmammanu o!

Seems like a cool project, but I didn't understand a word in the video.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by ladionline: 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
Quite an age usadiaspora. I am happy that you are still constant. You know, life is one big quest that engage we all, but just as you've said, its not 'all comer' thing. Some will be embarrased by our quest, that our devotion is delution. But like Churchill would say, never ever, ever, ever give up. Lincoln said something to that effect in his letter to his child teacher: 'teach him to have faith in his own idea...' Hang on to that faith, it is not delution but devotion.

1 Like

Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by USADiasporan: 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
ladionline: Quite an age usadiaspora. I am happy that you are still constant. You know, life is one big quest that engage we all, but just as you've said, its not 'all comer' thing. Some will be embarrased by our quest, that our devotion is delution. But like Churchill would say, never ever, ever, ever give up. Lincoln said something to that effect in his letter to his child teacher: 'teach him to have faith in his own idea...' Hang on to that faith, it is not delution but devotion.
Hi ladi! You are one of the first ones to welcome me online smiley. Life is one big quest, for sure. It's sometimes hard to do the things we dream of, especially the older we get. But if we could only hang on to the faith we had as children, we could do anything.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by ladionline: 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
USADiasporan:
Hi ladi! You are one of the first ones to welcome me online smiley. Life is one big quest, for sure. It's sometimes hard to do the things we dream of, especially the older we get. But if we could only hang on to the faith we had as children, we could do anything.
Thats true life my brother, we are turn apart between our devotion and distractions right from childhood. When we catch the dream too late it get to span more than a lifetime that we dont seem to have. albeit, we can bestow the vision to the next generation in the book we find time to write or org we register. Remember Walt Disney! We all have some magic that is concealed in childhood, we have to revamp it, or else the void. Meanwhile, if it is spiritual, be ready to fight for it as it may mean 'stupid' to the other man in the alley. People freely feed on each other's brainchild to prove 'smarter than thou' everyday, protect yours jealously.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by RandomAfricanAm: 6:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
USADiasporan:

I tried watching the videos in your thread, but for some reason my browser crashes every time. What do they say in the videos?

Try clicking the button on the bottom right side of the video to watch it on YouTube.
Also if the page takes a while to load that's normal, just give it a bit.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Amujale(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Jayvarley:

...This is the reason why blacks of the diaspora make the best athletes/Sprinters today

Hussein Bolt is the Jamaican that holds the world record for the 100 metres sprint race.

Most arent taught about the Trans Atlantic horrors, its Colonisation rather that Western education teaches.

Beause of the great carpet destruction of evidence in major continental cities & libraries, we have been forced to believe Eurocentric versions of history, not anymore, our historians have proven them as being fake, false and unreal.

Continue to educate those that arent aware that the evils of Colonialism is not disconnected from the evils of the Trans Atlantic campaign.

The same way i would say to you that the evils of the Trans Atlantic campaign is not disconnected from the evils of Colonisation.

Re-educate yourself on African history.

Never forget that we are all one big family.

It's inevitable that African diaspora will be given their proper continental rights i.e citizenship, trade, work e.t.c

Given that the talk is about those of them that have been found to have passed the necessary requirements and shown to being law abiding citizens, then, they should be allowed to qualify for adoption into the appropriate ethnicity.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by morpheus24: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2019
Amujale:

Hussein Bolt is the Jamaican that holds the world record for the 100 metres sprint race.

Most arent taught about the Trans Atlantic horrors, its Colonisation rather that Western education teaches.

Beause of the great carpet destruction of evidence in major continental cities & libraries, we have been forced to believe Eurocentric versions of history, not anymore, our historians have proven them as being fake, false and unreal.

Continue to educate those that arent aware that the evils of Colonialism is not disconnected from the evils of the Trans Atlantic campaign.

The same way i would say to you that the evils of the Trans Atlantic campaign is not disconnected from the evils of Colonisation.

Re-educate yourself on African history.

Never forget that we are all one big family.

It's inevitable that African diaspora will be given their proper continental rights i.e citizenship, trade, work e.t.c

Given that the talk is about those of them that have been found to have passed the necessary requirements and shown to being law abiding citizens, then, they should be allowed to qualify for a citizenship of the African nation of their choosing.

You haven't fixed the Africa you are living in and you are inviting African Diasporans living in semi better structures.

I laugh in Hausa!
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by Amujale(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
morpheus24:

You haven't fixed the Africa you are living in and you are inviting African Diasporans living in semi better structures.

I laugh in Hausa!

Yes, but African Diasporans returning to their home might just lead to a great fix.
Re: If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? by KayceeBanks: 11:50pm On Jul 21, 2019
Amujale:

Yes, but African Diasporans returning to their home might just lead to a great fix.

why do you say such?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Richest Tribe In Nigeria 2020 / Coining New Igbo Terminology For The Modern Day / Ghanaian (Ashanti) Dating Nigerian (Igbo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.