Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,340 members, 7,860,862 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:35 PM

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (38904 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! / The Truth About The Feminist Revolution 1-8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by CNN80: 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
TheMadame:

Look,your questions are irrelevant to me. My point for the laast time is that there is NO organisation in this country where people of different gender,with the same qualification,employed the same day on the same grade level are renumerated differently because they are of a certain gender.
I am not gonna play your games so just because we are the same gender does not mean,I should support a false point which is only being stressed by you and your supporters to win an arguement.
I will never burn my bra because I want to be a feminist because it is like cutting my nose to spite my face.
I think am done with this thread-you are free to believe whatever you want-your prerogative .

Again, I have to state that I don't know why a lot of arguments on this forum end up with people insulting each other. I mean, you don't know each other in real life and see you killing yourselves online.
As for the wage disparity, I started with the same salary as all the people hired the same day with me. But as a previous poster has pointed out, there are allowances that are available to male colleagues due to them being posted to departments/sections that are not considered suitable for women.
I personally don't see what is so unsuitable about some of those sections but it is a throwback to older times when women didn't even work in my field. I don't have strength to fight it. I believe it will change over time. I once had a classmate who asked me what I was doing studying my course as I would end up in some man's kitchen.
I don't know if I can be called a feminist but I believe that everyone should be provided the choice to do what they want. Telling me that because I am a woman, I should study the arts or that I should love cooking is you assuming that you have control over my life. That is wrong. So if you have a son who enjoys cooking and a daughter who loves tinkering with cars, do you tell them that due to gender roles, they need to stop what they love because it is not appropriate for their gender?
I was fortunate to have parents who insisted their kinds learn things with no regards for gender. This meant that we all learnt to cook, change a tire, make garri from scratch and repair/troubleshoot basic electrical appliances. I believe in levelling the playing field and giving everyone the same chance, that is all.

By the way, if I could burn my bra and never wear one again, grin I'd be dancing right now.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Idowuogbo(f): 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
fresh_dude: Sup Love. Missed you plenty.
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
This is my earlier post on this thread. Can someone pls quote me on where I said women don't get paid as much as men in Nigeria??

Shollypopz:
As I replied someone earlier on this thread, save yourself from appearing silly by taking a few min out of your time to Google whatever I've written before calling it false.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-06-21/equal-pay-plaintiffs-burden-of-proof
http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/womens-earnings-and-income

Marital rape is a non-consensual sexx in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse.
Gender roles is a set of social and behavioral norms that are generally considered appropriate for either a man or a woman in a social or interpersonal relationship.

I don't have a brother. I have always taken care of my car issues myself. I don't go around labeling things as a man's job, just because I'm too lazy to do it myself.

5 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Shollypopz:

It is hard to believe how incredibly stupid you are. Stupid as a stone that the other stones make fun of. So stupid that you have traveled far beyond stupid as we know it and into a new dimension of stupid.
I take my earlier comment back, you couldn't have been given birth to by humans. You are the unholy spawn of a bandy-legged hobo and a syphilitic camel. You were not born. You were hatched into an unwilling world that rejects the likes of you. You didn't crawl out of a normal egg, either, but rather a mutant maggot egg rejected by an evil scientist as being below his low standards.

Your life is a monument to stup1dity, your life is as worthless as the sh1t you post on here! I curse the day your kind will produce, you are a living emptiness, a walking corpse!

O da bi wipe o fe gbo iran abi? Awon to ni e ma jo'na ni.
All this rubbish you're spouting is JSS1-ish.
The crux of the matter my dear Shollyfoolz is that you should prove what you've so boldly and blatantly published as truth with empirical backup not emotional and intellectual fraud and blackmail.

And bitcch, I thought you said you were done with this boy, why are you back? Shollytwatz you are a fraud. You lie in order to secure the sympathy of unsuspecting bystanders.

My request is still the same dunce, provide proof of gender-based wage discrimination or perish in the fires of hell.

3 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Wetin do your eyebrow? cool
Idowuogbo:
Wetin do your eyebrow?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
Shollypopz: This is my earlier post on this thread. Can someone pls quote me on where I said women don't get paid as much as men in Nigeria??

Hmmm does this look familiar
Shollypopz:
There's gender equality when 70% of working women are paid less than their male counterparts??
There's gender equality when Nigerians still see male children as better than female children??
There's gender equality and marital rape is legal in Nigeria and many other countries??
There's gender equality and gender roles still exist in homes??

Where do you live?? La-la land??

3 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Idowuogbo(f): 10:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
fresh_dude: Wetin do your eyebrow? coolWetin do your eyebrow?
I dunno angry
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
Lmaoo grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
fresh_dude: Yo bitcch! Don't run. Don't cop out Wikifool.

Ok, let me help you. Name only one organisation that practices gender-based wage discrimination, just one you dunce. You're speaking of level. What level? You're such a deluded ignorant fu<k. Prove your stewpid assertions, that should naturally be the death of me not your so-called obsession, you dry-boned gargoyle.
Silly c*unt!!
Of course I'm running away from you, you senile deranged stalker!!

Your life is a complete waste, you are a loathsome disease, a malformity! It cannot be possible that anything in our universe can really be this stup1d. It's impossible getting into your dull skull, cause you're so adamant on getting my attention. WTF??!! Were you molested as a child, why the need for so much attention, you spineless grimy nincompoop?!!!

Learn to read, dim-wit!! And yes, you're way below my level. You're lower than the gum stuck on the sole of my heels, fresh fo0l!

5 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
collynzo2: Hmmm does this look familiar

*facepalm*

Erm...your quote doesn't answer her question.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 10:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
And people are liking shollypops posts..?! undecided

ID how far

CNN80:

Again, I have to state that I don't know why a lot of arguments on this forum end up with people insulting each other. I mean, you don't know each other in real life and see you killing yourselves online.
As for the wage disparity, I started with the same salary as all the people hired the same day with me. But as a previous poster has pointed out, there are allowances that are available to male colleagues due to them being posted to departments/sections that are not considered suitable for women.
I personally don't see what is so unsuitable about some of those sections but it is a throwback to older times when women didn't even work in my field. I don't have strength to fight it. I believe it will change over time. I once had a classmate who asked me what I was doing studying my course as I would end up in some man's kitchen.
I don't know if I can be called a feminist but I believe that everyone should be provided the choice to do what they want. Telling me that because I am a woman, I should study the arts or that I should love cooking is you assuming that you have control over my life. That is wrong. So if you have a son who enjoys cooking and a daughter who loves tinkering with cars, do you tell them that due to gender roles, they need to stop what they love because it is not appropriate for their gender?
I was fortunate to have parents who insisted their kinds learn things with no regards for gender. This meant that we all learnt to cook, change a tire, make garri from scratch and repair/troubleshoot basic electrical appliances. I believe in levelling the playing field and given everyone the same chance, that is all.

By the way, if I could burn my bra and never wear one again, grin I'd be dancing right now.

Thanks for your honesty
Im aware that some ladies will not earn the same all the time all due to the fact they dont go to the rigs as much or travel to remote locations but as I stated earlier the core pay components (housing, basic n transport ) are thesame

On the abuse part, this is NL and some of these posters are just plain cyberbullies
At times, one has to stand to them... at times one will ignore
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
People who are not sure of the ideology they are following.....when you call them out they begin to deny. The other lady said she isn't 100% percent feminist, this one is now denying what she said earlier after being made to look like a fool
Shollypopz:
Are you an Idiot??!! Of course, there are women that earn more than men if they are in better positions or higher paying jobs. A female computer scientist is going to earn more than a male mechanic, you mor0n! I said counterparts, meaning women in the same workplace doing the same job as a man and earning less than he does.

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
collynzo2: People who are not sure of the ideology they are following.....when you call them out they begin to deny. The other lady said she isn't 100% percent feminist, this one is now denying what she said earlier after being made to look like a fool

Dont forget aside insults, they also are misguided revisionists peddling falsehoods

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Idowuogbo(f): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
Egbon bee, I dey o! As usual, e fi owo agba ba won lo.

Ko le ye won bi omi she wonu agbon... Alangba o le ba kinihun la se po. wink
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Idowuogbo(f): 10:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
adaobi123: Lmaoo grin
Don't let me start with ya eyebrow o! Y u laughing? angry
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
biolabee:

Dont forget aside insults, they also are misguided revisionists peddling falsehoods
You carry shame commot here yesterday, you want to be disgraced again right??

This thread is not all bout Nigeria. In fact the issue of this thread wasn't pertaining to Nigerians. In my post, I never said Nigeria.

It;s a pity that I thought afam4eva lives in the UK. With the way he follows adaobi around, I made that assumption. In every post, where I needed to reference Nigeria, Nigeria was stated.

@Callynzo; Stop taking my post out of context, any one with half a brain can see beyond the facade. Cut the bullshit out, and use your head.

4 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
Idowuogbo: Egbon bee, I dey o! As usual, e fi owo agba ba won lo.

Ko le ye won bi omi she wonu agbon... Alangba o le ba kinihun la se po. wink

ID Marcos,, joor go on soun
Mo gbadun e jaawe
Nothing spoil......
Nothing do you

cheesy
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Don't let me start with ya eyebrow o! Y u laughing? angry

embarassed tongue
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Afam4eva(m): 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
Shollypopz:
It;s a pity that I thought afam4eva lives in the UK. With the way he follows adaobi around, I made that assumption. In every post, where I needed to reference Nigeria, Nigeria was stated.
I reject it in the name above every other name. At the mention of JESUS, every knee must bow and every tongue must confess that he is lord.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Idowuogbo(f): 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
adaobi123:

embarassed tongue
angry angry x6
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hahahahahahahaha grin grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
@Shollypops

Me disgraced....? You never reach
No be you talk say 70 pc of nigerian working women earn less than their male counterparts
Suddenly u were not talking of naija but uk

A land where gender discrimination is criminal?

You see revisionism?

I laff in zigzag

4 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
Idowuogbo:
angry angry x6

cry x 1000
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
I reject it in the name above every other name. At the mention of JESUS, every knee must bow and every tongue must confess that he is lord.
LMAO!! Why are u always on every thread about UK with Shymexx and co, You really did not come off to me as someone that lived in Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Idowuogbo(f): 10:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
Lmao! It better pass dat ur room and tunnel na! Bros, I'll sponsor u joor! 3000pnds is natin! My nickname is Bado Barclays grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
biolabee:

Me disgraced....? You never reach
No be you talk say 70 pc of nigerian working women earn less than their male counterparts
Suddenly u were not talking of naija but uk

A land where gender discrimination is criminal?

You see revisionism?

I laff in zigzag
hahaha maybe she meant in the United States hahahaha. Like I said before, when you call them out on their fallacy, they deny.

4 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
collynzo2: hahaha maybe she meant in the United States hahahaha. Like I said before, when you call them out on their fallacy, they deny.
You will choke on your lies sooner or later. Where is the Nigeria in my post??

Grown men like una dey lie like this, shame!! Tufiakwa!

4 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 10:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
hahahahaha - fake feminists are still gnashing their teeth about their misfortunes. blimey, what a world we live in.

4 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Idowuogbo(f): 10:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
biolabee:

ID Marcos,, joor go on soun
Mo gbadun e jaawe
Nothing spoil......
Nothing do you

cheesy
How's my boyfriend? He don begin toast babes? cheesy
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
hahahaha....I love how cowards only show their ugly head spewing falsehood when everyone is ready to leave, spineless-alternate-account-switching-worms.

4 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
Idowuogbo:
How's my boyfriend? He don begin toast babes? cheesy

Hes good ooo..toast ke? Not yet oo
I dont want him to lose focus cheesy
We are even watching africa magic now togeda

Hin sleep for afternoon so ginjah dey hin body
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
Shollypopz: hahahaha....I love how cowards only show their ugly head spewing falsehood when everyone is ready to leave, spineless-alternate-account-switching-worms.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply)

My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother / What Is The Meaning Of 'dada' (dreadlocks) In Nigeria? / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.