Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,295 members, 7,860,719 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:51 PM

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (38903 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! / The Truth About The Feminist Revolution 1-8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
coogar:

let them wallow in their delusion......i cannot for the life of me believe anyone would think that such disparity even exists in nigeria. the country worships certificates more than any country on the planet!

OBVIOUSLY it "worships" male certificates MORE. If you don't agree, prove it with evidence. Show me ONE representative study that claims otherwise. PLEASE!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
Madam now you are making me laugh

She should bring research to nake you believe she is earning the same with males in her establishment

Really funny

carefreewannabe:

I am sure there is data on the income equality / disparity of Nigerian females and males to support your thesis, so please prove your statement using facts. Can you show us ONE collection of data, a journal, a serious article to prove what you're saying? Kindly asking ...

TheMadame: In all my years of service in Nigeria I have never heard of salary inequaality between males and females. If you come into the establishment with the same qualifications you are started on the same basic salary and allowances. The only difference maybe hazard allowances to which men are sometimes entitled but this more or less evens itself out through maternity leave and other incentives for women.Once again there is no salary discrimination between men and women with the same qualifications in Nigeria-truth must be told and not twisted in order to win arguements.

Madame they will attack you for this statement oooo
Hhahaha

Thank you for being honest...
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
biolabee: Madam now you are making me laugh

She should bring research to nake you believe she is earning the same with males in her establishment

Really funny

Hhahaha

I think you're funnier. No, she and he (coogar) are asked to Show me a study that clearly shows that men and women get the same salary in the same Position, WOMEN IN GENERAL you smartie.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by TheMadame(f): 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I am sure there is data on the income equality / disparity of Nigerian females and males to support your thesis, so please prove your statement using facts. Can you show us ONE collection of data, a journal, a serious article to prove what you're saying? Kindly asking ...

Look My dear,
i am talking from practical experience and you are asking me to provide you with surveys. I have spent over 18 years in the Nigerian government service. I joined the service as a graduate-so I am talking from practical experience and NOT theories.
I have no interst in the thread except for the fact that you provided a misleading point that there is salary disparity between men and women in Nigeria and I am telling you with all cofidence that IT IS NOT TRUE.

8 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
Omo_Alata:
You are talking about two different issues here. First of all, alimony and child support are two separate things. One of them the payor pays tax, the other one he does not. Payee pays tax on one and other he does not. They are two separate things.

how does what you have written above prove equality?

Secondly alimony agreement is settled during the divorce and finalized after the Divorce. If you are the payor and decide to get remarried, your ex spouse has no legal stand to come after your new spouse income for increase pmt.

yes she does.....when the alimony is awarded, nothing changes it. the man must continue to pay regardless of any circumstance unless he declares bankruptcy. if he marries a new wife who earns fat pay, then his wife's income can be used in court to prove he can pay! these facts are not far-fetched, why are you arguing?

Thirdly, for child support, the payor parent is responsible for his/her own child(ren). The payee's new spouse has zero legal obligation to pay for the support of the stepchild(ren).

true for the woman, not true for the husband. the income of a new wife can be used to claw out child support.

carefreewannabe:
If you bothered to deal with the report PROFOUNDLY you WOULD know that it is REPRESENTATIVE of the whole country and not based on a "tiny fraction". Apart from that, you didn't even read the original data of the US census but referred to an unreliable article that suits you and which is by the way from the yellow press.

do you know what census is? every living soul in the country is required to give his/her info so it represents a truer statistics than a survey that barely captured 100,000 people of the 160 million population in nigeria. i have asked you to provide any female member of this forum earning less than a male counterpart with a lower qualification in any company in nigeria!

I have provided enough SCIENTIFIC evidence of the situation of females in Nigeria and I can provide more! Before you go on talking about the USA, SHOW US ONE STUDY that pictures the situation of WOMEN IN NIGERIA IN A POSITIVE WAY! I AM WAITING.

you have provided nothing - if the report about wage disparity is flawed, only heaven knows what other things are erroneous in that report. i don't understand what you mean by showing you an evidence that pictures nigerian women in a positive way.....are you suggesting nigerian women are represented in a negative way?

you don't even stay in nigeria to know the report you religiously clinged to is correct or wrong. you might have to rethink again and ask yourself how less-qualified males earn more than their female peers. the people who stay there including a female has categorically stated your report is full of lies and you are claiming scientific evidence.....

well, it appears science does not work in nigeria - so try physical evidence!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
I have worked in banks, consulting firms and oil servicing coys here in naija all of them pay the same to men and women

I am speaking from experience

You are asking for survey

LMAO

Let anyone who is earning less than a male come here or stop peDdling falsehoods

carefreewannabe:

I think you're funnier. No, she and he (coogar) are asked to Show me a study that clearly shows that men and women get the same salary in the same Position, WOMEN IN GENERAL you smartie.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
TheMadame:

Look My dear,
i am talking from practical experience and you are asking me to provide you with surveys. I have spent over 18 years in the Nigerian government service. I joined the service as a graduate-so I am talking from practical experience and NOT theories.
I have no interst in the thread except for the fact that you provided a misleading point that there is salary disparity between men and women in Nigeria and I am telling you with all cofidence that IT IS NOT TRUE.

You know this saying: Don't argue with stupid people, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with EXPERIENCE? Think about it.
I don't care about your experience, I care about REPRESENTATIVE data. I doubt your experience is representative of the WHOLE Nigerian population. And there is a difference between theory and empirical studies!!!! Where did you people go to school?

3 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ok people, the situation for women in Nigeria is wonderful. The best place to live for women. Women from all over the world would like to enjoy living in this country. You won! and feminists are all confused, men-hating, ugly women who don't know how to be thankful to men who rule this country and who have made the country prosper, reducing poverty and increasing political power on the global scale.

I am sorry for being so ungrateful even though you made this place so wonderful for me and my future daughters.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by TheMadame(f): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
biolabee: Madam now you are making me laugh

Really funny

Hhahaha

Thank you for being honest...

is it today they started attacking me on this forum for calling a spade a spade. I am for the truth in this discourse-I am against using wrong /false points because you want to win an arguement.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
coogar:

how does what you have written above prove equality?

yes she does.....when the alimony is awarded, nothing changes it. the man must continue to pay regardless of any circumstance unless he declares bankruptcy. if he marries a new wife who earns fat pay, then his wife's income can be used in court to prove he can pay! these facts are not far-fetched, why are you arguing?

true for the woman, not true for the husband. the income of a new wife can be used to claw out child support.

do you know what census is? every living soul in the country is required to give his/her info so it represents a truer statistics than a survey that barely captured 100,000 people of the 160 million population in nigeria. i have asked you to provide any female member of this forum earning less than a male counterpart with a lower qualification in any company in nigeria!

All I can do is lmao. I am not going back and forth with you. Since it is weekend, you should pay visit to your local library and read some law books so you can be well rounded
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by TheMadame(f): 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
carefreewannabe:

You know this saying: Don't argue with stupid people, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with EXPERIENCE? Think about it.
I don't care about your experience, I care about REPRESENTATIVE data. I doubt your experience is representative of the WHOLE Nigerian population. And there is a difference between theory and empirical studies!!!! Where did you people go to school?

i give up.
What can be more empirical than PRACTICAL working experience?
Secondly I would advise you to be very, very civil with your language., Make your point(s) without being rude please.

6 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
carefreewannabe:

you are the one exhibiting the traits of an illiterate here. you saw a table showing wages that highlights the nigerian men getting more paid than the nigerian women and you didn't even bother to think there might be several factors attached.....

for starters, more nigerian women work part-time hours than their male counterparts. more nigerian women tend to leave the labour force for issues such as child birth, child care and elderly care.

additionally, pay appears are more important to men than to women. nigerian women, especially working mothers, tend to value policies that are family friendly in the workplace than men.

more often than not, women may value non-pay benefits more than men do and so prefer to take a greater portion of their compensation in the form of health insurance and other fringe benefits.

you cannot just see a table of figures and run with it without looking at what lies beneath. men do more of the jobs that are hazardous and more mental-tasking and they often outnumber women in the male-dominated organisations!

Omo_Alata:
All I can do is lmao. I am not going back and forth with you. Since it is weekend, you should pay visit to your local library and read some law books so you can be well rounded

hahahahaha - if i am more well rounded than i am currently, i would be an elephant!!! my knowledge pool is the size of africa multiplied by a million. one has to be obtuse to think men are not more marginalised in divorce courts. i know you are just arguing for the fun of it, even though you sell pepper, you know in your mind that the laws have never favoured the men when relationships break down.

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
carefreewannabe: Ok people, the situation for women in Nigeria is wonderful. The best place to live for women. Women from all over the world would like to enjoy living in this country. You won! and feminists are all confused, men-hating, ugly women who don't know how to be thankful to men who rule this country and who have made the country prosper, reducing poverty and increasing political power on the global scale.

I am sorry for being so ungrateful even though you made this place so wonderful for me and my future daughters.

Now you are sliding to the level of shollypops who lace their posts with sarcasm n insults
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
TheMadame:

is it today they started attacking me on this forum for calling a spade a spade. I am for the truth in this discourse-I am against using wrong /false points because you want to win an arguement.

The truth is that there is a lot we can do for women which in my opinion is tied to human rights
But I know in organ isations that recruit both male n females they start them together on the same salaries
Most of the people here talking of feminism had working mums, can u ask ur mums if they were discriminated on pay due to their sex

If we are talking of promotion opportunities...That is a different ball game

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by TheMadame(f): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
biolabee:

The truth is that there is a lot we can do for women which in my opinion is tied to human rights
But I know in organ isations that recruit both male n females they start them together on the same salaries
Most of the people here talking of feminism had working mums, can u ask ur mums if they were discriminated on pay due to their sex

If we are talking of promotion opportunities...That is a different ball game

The promotion in most government organisations is based on quota system and availability of space.-that one is a story for another day but I do not think it is based on gender.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
coogar:

hahahahaha - if i am more well rounded than i am currently, i would be an elephant!!! my knowledge pool is the size of africa multiplied by a million. one has to be obtuse to think men are not more marginalised in divorce courts. i know you are just arguing for the fun of it, even though you sell pepper, you know in your mind that the laws have never favoured the men when relationships break down.

I enjoy healthy debate. Yes o I am a sell pepper, so you should think of investing in the business. You are arguing too many issues at once, sometimes it is hard to dissect which one you are really going for. I will agree with you on your last statement that in US, the law favors women but sadly the same is not true in Nigeria.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
TheMadame:

The promotion in most government organisations is based on quota system and availability of space.-that one is a story for another day but I do not think it is based on gender.

Exactly madame.. promotion has its own factors n politics
But same level same pay
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by TheMadame(f): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
biolabee:

Exactly madame.. promotion has its own factors n politics
But same level same pay

Biola,
I am a woman and I feel pain of aspects of inequality that women face in a mans world,but then am also a practical person who believes we will get there one day,step by step.
I understand the idealism of some of these young girls,they have points but they are going about it with their heads in the sky.
I am not going to be a rabid feminist and pretend I hate men-NO! And this is because my husband is a lovely man,and I have two sons.
Will I want my daughter to wear a pink or green wedding gown on her wedding day? No,but I would not stop her cause that is her choice.
People need to learn to be tolerant of opposition views.

7 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Omo_Alata:
I enjoy healthy debate. Yes o I am a sell pepper, so you should think of investing in the business. You are arguing too many issues at once, sometimes it is hard to dissect which one you are really going for. I will agree with you on your last statement that in US, the law favors women but sadly the same is not true in Nigeria.

i also agree it's a man's world in nigeria but that's largely cultural reasons. the gap is closing fast though. more girls are even attending schools these days than the boys. however, i still don't think the gender bias is so bad that a man with an o'level certificate would earn more than a woman with a bachelor's degree.

that scenario is as likely as coogar getting a BJ from rihanna.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
coogar:

i also agree it's a man's world in nigeria but that's largely cultural reasons. the gap is closing fast though. more girls are even attending schools these days than the boys. however, i still don't think the gender bias is so bad that a man with an o'level certificate would earn more than a woman with a bachelor's degree.

that scenario is as likely as coogar getting a BJ from rihanna.

lol BJ? don't even get me started
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
TheMadame:

Biola,
I am a woman and I feel pain of aspects of inequality that women face in a mans world,but then am also a practical person who believes we will get there one day,step by step.
I understand the idealism of some of these young girls,they have points but they are going about it with their heads in the sky.
I am not going to be a rabid feminist and pretend I hate men-NO! And this is because my husband is a lovely man,and I have two sons.
Will I want my daughter to wear a pink or green wedding gown on her wedding day? No,but I would not stop her cause that is her choice.
People need to learn to be tolerant of opposition views.

Nice one.. I agree 100 pc with you on tolerance
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
carefreewannabe:

From your comments I've read, you'll need an online link to confirm who your father or mother is. You keep asking for online links for facts which are clear for all to see. Let one person who has experienced such discrimination come here and name the company where it happens. No such thing exists. Come to think of it, I need a link to confirm if you actually have a brain.

8 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
I can't believe some people are scratching and screaming on how ridiculous it is for the female race to think they deserve equal rights, absolutely ludacris! Very sad
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
coogar:

you are the one exhibiting the traits of an illiterate here. you saw a table showing wages that highlights the nigerian men getting more paid than the nigerian women and you didn't even bother to think there might be several factors attached.....

for starters, more nigerian women work part-time hours than their male counterparts. more nigerian women tend to leave the labour force for issues such as child birth, child care and elderly care.

additionally, pay appears are more important to men than to women. nigerian women, especially working mothers, tend to value policies that are family friendly in the workplace than men.

more often than not, women may value non-pay benefits more than men do and so prefer to take a greater portion of their compensation in the form of health insurance and other fringe benefits.

you cannot just see a table of figures and run with it without looking at what lies beneath. men do more of the jobs that are hazardous and more mental-tasking and they often outnumber women in the male-dominated organisations!

Learn to read statistics, then we can talk again. The study clearly showed that man IN THE SAME POSITIONS as women earn more. Bye!

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
Shollypopz: I can't believe some people are scratching and screaming on how ridiculous it is for the female race to think they deserve equal rights, absolutely ludacris! Very sad

It is sad indeed.

What is also terrible is that people will quote yellow press articles to dismiss serious research.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Learn to read statistics, then we can talk again. The study clearly showed that man IN THE SAME POSITIONS as women earn more. Bye!

LMAO!!

carefreewannabe:

It is sad indeed.

What is also terrible is that people will quote yellow press articles to dismiss serious research.

They are products of a failed education system, you see....or complete dumb asses.

Oh, and if you ever get bored, feel free to peruse this thread for further evidence of Coogar's statistical 'prowess' . Rotfl!! https://www.nairaland.com/1299794/when-nigerian-woman-divorce-husband/7#15872952
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
Shollypopz:
LMAO! grin grin

I guess your hog-wash outlined by ill-thought-out lies is what is pretty lucid huh??

Fvcking bovine excrement vendor!

Shollypopz:

An idea I know nothing about?? Dude stop running around with your head in another man's anus!
You are phony, a mere witless pansy!

Shollypopz:
The only thing worse than your non existing logic is your manners.
I know people say intelligence is not everything but in your case, it's nothing!

Not only are you a butt licking ignoramus, reading your posts alone, makes people dumber.
You can now get your pinky sized d1ck outta my face, it's been draining watching u make a fool of yourself.

Bwahahahaha!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Ooh chil'! These words need to be immortalized! ROTFLOL!!!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
carefreewannabe:

i don't read statistics clawed out of an elephant's rectum. your approach is dumb, lazy and corny. the same positions do not mean they cop the same labour hours. if we are both working in a company and i am full time whilst you do part-time, who's going to be taking more wages monthly?

you need an IQ booster, mate!

ileobatojo:
LMAO!!

They are products of a failed education system, you see....or complete dumb asses.

Oh, and if you ever get bored, feel free to peruse this thread for further evidence of Coogar's statistical 'prowess' . Rotfl!! https://www.nairaland.com/1299794/when-nigerian-woman-divorce-husband/7#15872952

bwahahahaha

i bet you have that thread printed out and pasted on your wall. i have been serving you cans of arsë-whooping ever since honest abe signed the papers that abolished slavery.

ileoba, don't be antsy i am a pain in your throat!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2013
coogar:

i bet you have that thread printed out and pasted on your wall.

Oh I do love to refer to that thread and gloat. Yes.

coogar:
i have been serving you cans of arsë-whooping ever since honest abe signed the papers that abolished slavery.

Similar to your excellent grasp of statistics right? grin grin

ileoba, don't be antsy i am a pain in your throat!

That you are...that you are..

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
@ileoba...I can really imagine your glee... quoting the insults to make your day....yes?

She is only treading the same misguided path before you gave yourself some brain n married or settled down
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
biolabee: @ileoba...I can really imagine your glee...

I doubt that you can........Well maybe if you take the glee you can imagine and multiply it by 100, you might be close to the amount of glee those posts cause me. Lmao! Still rotfling! Too damn funny and spot on!! grin grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
Eh yah..... what a pity...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply)

My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother / What Is The Meaning Of 'dada' (dreadlocks) In Nigeria? / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.