Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,973 members, 7,852,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:17 PM

UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home (29354 Views)

We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship / UK Illegal Immigrants ‘May Get Amnesty To Stay’ – Sky News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:

you are a fantasist - how many nigerian grads are earning 200k wages? the average starts with 50K for many years before getting upgraded whilst staying with their parents. the grads here have already understood the meaning of responsibility and £800/month wages in the UK is unthinkable!!!! who can survive on that in a month with rent, bills, transport and food in the UK?

it's wishful thinking to you because you erroneously believe there are no nigerian graduates here that are british citizens. when you put them in your stats then things might become clearer to you!

millions of low-paying jobs that barely support an individual. it's only in america i have seen nigerians working 3-5 jobs at a time to make ends meet and the total wages raked in per month is less than $3000.

na jobs be that?

Haba. 50k for many years? At least for the banks it averages 100k. There are nigerian graduates that are british but they are not part of this discussion because immigration/paper issues do not affect them.
I argue with facts and not sentiments. Where have you seen someone working 5jobs and then still make less than 3000? My guy you are lieing.
Lets no derail. The issue is UK vs Naija for naija grads.
Everybody knows the peeps in America earn more "after taxes" - no need to argue that.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by tothemax86: 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
I think the nigerian economy is growing at 6% per annum.. uk is something like 0.8% and they actually see that as a success considering the past figures. Anyone with a brain can see that the dividends of the nigerian economy don't filter through to its citizens.. If we were ripping the dividends at least we can say in 5 years time at this pace the nigerian economy would have grown by 30%. Realistically nigeria should be better than the uk and should harness its vast human and mineral resources.. I moved from the uk (bath) after 7 years of study there, right up from a-levels to masters.. i chose to leave cos i was fed up there, depression, loneliness, taxes, however there were times i loved the place, so who knows, maybe after getting experience i will venture back abroad.. to the usa maybe.. uk.. hell no!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

Guy, why are we going over the same thing over and over.
When looking at statistics you can not just use the top end of the scale to judge. You use an average. Good for you that you were able to make something for yourself. Not everyone will be like you. There will be poor, average, good, and the best students. We are talking about how the stats affect the good and average students. Of course the best of the best will be taken but does employment for the best of the best indicate that job opportunities abound? It actually butresses my point that jobs are dwindling because if there were surplus jobs, you wouldn't have to be exceptional to land one. Am i making sense?

But this is EXACTLY the same scenario in Nigeria...Employers want the best and pick only the best(in cases where merit allows)

That is why you see Nigerian Phd holders driving pickup trucks for a living!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

Haba. 50k for many years? At least for the banks it averages 100k. There are nigerian graduates that are british but they are not part of this discussion because immigration/paper issues do not affect them.
[b]I argue with facts[/b]and not sentiments. Where have you seen someone working 5jobs and then still make less than 3000? My guy you are lieing.
Everybody knows the peeps in America earn more "after taxes" - no need to argue that.

Where is the fact? There is no single fact in your argument, its all baseless personal opinions
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Its funny when people who can not even spell correctly started acting like an English language professor, listen: Use spell check next time, odey.

since when did it become incorrect to type "learnt", "the other", and "english".
I want to learn oo please tell me how i'm supposed to spell these words
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
jackbauersballs:

But this is EXACTLY the same scenario in Nigeria...Employers want the best and pick only the best(in cases where merit allows)

That is why you see Nigerian Phd holders driving pickup trucks for a living!

The exception is that you do not have "paper" issues in nigeria and this my friend is a big deal
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:

Where is the fact? There is no single fact in your argument, its all baseless personal opinions

Justwise, how about you take a back seat and let mature minds debate. Okay. I'm not interested in your rants
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 7:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

so a nigerian graduate with a british passport is not a nigerian graduate? i wonder why your stats is only counting nigerians that are illegal - nigerians that are not meant to be here at all are being compared to the ones that should normally not have any restriction and the comparison is fair to you?

it says a lot about the employment in nigeria if the graduates in nigeria are being compared to their counterparts in the UK that are technically breaking the law for remaining in the UK.

I argue with facts and not sentiments. Where have you seen someone working 5jobs and then still make less than 3000? My guy you are lieing.

plenty of them - super plenty of them. you would be hard-pressed to see nigerians in the US with one job. far majority are doing more than one job with their disgusting minimum wage that varies from state to state.

and everyone knows the peeps in the UK are entitled to more free services than the peops in the US. the supposed God's own country that has no free health and a visit to the hospital overnight would set you back up to $1000. that's a country??

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

The exception is that you do not have "paper" issues in nigeria and this my friend is a big deal

Give us the graduate employment figure in Nigeria to backup your claims. Nigerian graduates in the UK face paper problem and that will definitely increase the unemployment figure, give us that figure from Nigeria lets compare

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

Justwise, how about you take a back seat and let mature minds debate. Okay. I'm not interested in your rants

Now you are tied of talking nonsense? Making assumptions based only in your non-existing experiences? What a shame.

Hope you get educated from others

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:

so a nigerian graduate with a british passport is not a nigerian graduate? i wonder why your stats is only counting nigerians that are illegal - nigerians that are not meant to be here at all are being compared to the ones that should normally not have any restriction and the comparison is fair to you?

it says a lot about the employment in nigeria if the graduates in nigeria are being compared to their counterparts in the UK that are technically breaking the law for remaining in the UK.

plenty of them - super plenty of them. you would be hard-pressed to see nigerians in the US with one job. far majority are doing more than one job with their disgusting minimum wage that varies from state to state.

and everyone knows the peeps in the UK are entitled to more free services than the peops in the US. the supposed God's own country that has no free health and a visit to the hospital overnight would set you back up to $1000. that's a country??

Right on point!! You wonder how this individual get-on day by day if he reasons this way
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:

it says a lot about the employment in nigeria if the graduates in nigeria to their counterparts in the UK that are technically breaking the law for remaining in the UK.

I am not counting illegal nigerians. I am simply counting those that will become illegal if they do not secure employment and so on and so forth. It's logical to exclude british nigerians because thats the whole point of this arguement. Immigration status coupled with the dwindling economy has made it difficult for naija graduates to secure employment. empashis on naija graduate - naija citizen, foreign student in the UK. british nigerians are not foreigners in the UK.

Here is why i prefer we don't add sentiments. How many of the people you know that work 5 jobs account for the large majority of nigerians in the USA? What circle of people do you know/roll with?

I live/work in an area where most of the people in my circle make nothing less than 100k USD a year working a 9-5. Come to the energy corridor in houston and find out. You won't hear me say that all nigerians earn more than 100k USD.
For you to come here and assert that most people work 5 jobs is ludacris. If you had said 2 or 3 sef, but 3-5.

The hardest working group comprises the nurses and most of them have just one job, they just happen to work long hours. Gone are the days when nigerians in the USA worked ridiculous jobs. There are thousands of nigerians with decent well paying jobs in the USA so your statement is not correct
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:

Right on point!! You wonder how this individual get-on day by day if he reasons this way

You do realise you are the third wheel here. Give it up. I will only debate with logical people
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

You do realise you are the third wheel here. Give it up. I will only debate with logical people

No you are getting educated because you lack one

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
Big coogar just shegged everyone...big man thing!! Hands high! cool

Most people don't even know that the UK is different from America. America thrives on qualifications but the UK thrives on experience, certifications, skills and service to the UK. Perhaps, that's why America is a more suitable system for paper qualifications acquiring Nigerians.

Ordinary volunteering can take you places in the UK, with just any form of certification. And if you join the army or represent the UK in anything like sports - then jobs will always consider you first before other people.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
shymexx: Big coogar just shegged everyone...big man thing!! Hands high! cool

Most people don't even know that the UK is different from America. America thrives on qualifications but the UK thrives on experience, certifications, skills and service to the UK. Perhaps, that's why America is a more suitable system for paper qualifications acquiring Nigerians.

Ordinary volunteering can take you places in the UK, with just any form of certification. And if you join the army or represent the UK in anything like sports - then jobs will always consider you first before other people.

Everything you stated applies in America as well!!
That is why internships are big plus. Employers look at your volunteer experience, school activities, leadership roles etc.
I doubt there is any job application in the US where you won't see the question "Are you a vet" albeit voluntary under the EEO act.
Same rules apply
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

I am not counting illegal nigerians. I am simply counting those that will become illegal if they do not secure employment and so on and so forth. It's logical to exclude british nigerians because thats the whole point of this arguement. Immigration status coupled with the dwindling economy has made it difficult for naija graduates to secure employment. empashis on naija graduate - naija citizen, foreign student in the UK. british nigerians are not foreigners in the UK.

so a nigerian graduate that came here at age 25 to do his masters degree and married a british citizen along the line is not a foreigner here? you have shifted posts too many times to be taken serious. there are naija grads with work-permit, there are naija grads with indefinite leave to remain in your stats! you need to admit you have made grave errors in your submission!

Here is why i prefer we don't add sentiments. How many of the people you know that work 5 jobs account for the large majority of nigerians in the USA? What circle of people do you know/roll with?

i don't need to roll with workers with low-paying jobs to know the american dream is a farce. majority of nigerians in america are broke! some of you cannot even travel to nigeria twice a year!!!

I live/work in an area where most of the people in my circle make nothing less than 100k USD a year working a 9-5. Come to the energy corridor in houston and find out. You won't hear me say that all nigerians earn more than 100k USD

and tonto dikeh is a certified virgin.....

For you to come here and assert that most people work 5 jobs is ludacris. If you had said 2 or 3 sef, but 3-5.

yes they do.....3 jobs weekdays, 2 other jobs during the weekends. jobs ranging from office cleaning, kitchen, driving cabs, gardeners, etc.

The hardest working group comprises the nurses and most of them have just one job, they just happen to work long hours. Gone are the days when nigerians in the USA worked ridiculous jobs. There are thousands of nigerians with decent well paying jobs in the USA so your statement is not correct

by the same token, there are thousands of nigerians in the UK making £300 - £1000 per day in 9-5 jobs without breaking their backs. stop telling us porkies how life is good in the US when most of you guys cannot even call mobile phone numbers in the UK.....

y'all are broke-ašses!!!

3 Likes

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

Everything you stated applies in America as well!!
That is why internships are big plus. Employers look at your volunteer experience, school activities, leadership roles etc.
I doubt there is any job application in the US where you won't see the question "Are you a vet" albeit voluntary under the EEO act.
Same rules apply

Not trying to argue which of the two countries is better. However, in America, you can easily move from a tutorship job in a college with a Ph.D and no experience whatsoever to head a fortune 500 company. But I doubt you can do that in the UK. Your employers would always ask for your experience in the field.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:

so a nigerian graduate that came here at age 25 to do his masters degree and married a british citizen along the line is not a foreigner here? you have shifted posts too many times to be taken serious. there are naija grads with work-permit, there are naija grads with indefinite leave to remain in your stats! you need to admit you have made grave errors in your submission!

i don't need to roll with workers with low-paying jobs to know the american dream is a farce. majority of nigerians in america are broke! some of you cannot travel to nigeria twice a year!!!

yes they do.....3 jobs weekdays, 2 other jobs during the weekends. jobs ranging from office cleaning, kitchen, driving cabs, gardeners, etc.

by the same token, there are thousands of nigerians in the UK making £300 - £1000 per day in 9-5 jobs without breaking their backs. stop telling us porkies how life is good in the US when most of you guys cannot even call mobile phones in the UK.....

y'all are broke-ašses!!!

LOLS grin grin grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by ladygogo: 8:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
"and everyone knows the peeps in the UK are entitled to more free services than the peops in the US. the supposed God's own country that has no free health and a visit to the hospital overnight would set you back up to $1000. that's a country??"

@Coogar. And add No legally required vacation time and 0 paid maternity leave. Their three month unpaid maternity leave bill wasnt passed until 1993. lol. Seriously? Swaziland and Papua New guinea have unpaid maternity leave as well. Please pray tell how its a first world country. The USA is work till you burn out and drop dead.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
Lmao @ coogar clowning yanks about phone calls. grin grin grin grin Epic!!

No yank can afford to call me but I'll always ring those mofos for hours, sleeping on the phone and shiit!! grin

It seems they also pay to receive phone calls as well, yet they talk crazy all the time. tongue
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
I'm moving not-a-where until A-Town's rebuttal grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
lady gogo:
@Coogar. And add No legally required vacation time and 0 paid maternity leave. Their three month unpaid maternity leave bill wasnt passed until 1993. lol. Seriously? Swaziland and Papua New guinea have unpaid maternity leave as well. Please pray tell how its a first world country. The USA is work till you burn out and drop dead.

useless country.....they work till they die, no provision for the old people that are retired. they are all made to pay thousands of dollars in their old ages....

the only first world country where you can be charged for receiving a phone call on your mobile....

shymexx: Lmao @ coogar clowning yanks about phone calls. grin grin grin grin Epic!!

No yank can afford to call me but I'll always ring those mofos for hours, sleeping on the phone and shiit!! grin

It seems they also pay to receive phone calls as well, yet they talk crazy all the time. tongue

the first thing a yank asks you is your landphone number. the maximum they can do is talk for 30 mins on your mobile and that's it. i spend aeons on the phone talking with them either mobile or landphone(almost free) and they spew nonsense about the american dream!!!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:
useless country.....they work till they die, no provision for the old people that are retired. they are all made to pay thousands of dollars in their old ages....

the only first world country where you can be charged for receiving a phone call on your mobile....

Bwahahahahahahaha @ the bolded!!

Do they still page themselves in that country? grin

Paging, side-kick phones using yanks. I guess that's why most of them use skype a lot. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by OXYZ: 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
Zinosalexander: Ironic. After colonizing (looting) so many countries. Its now everybody go to your papa house.
This is similar to what is currently happening in Lagos between the Ibos and the Yorubas
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:

i don't need to roll with workers with low-paying jobs to know the american dream is a farce. majority of nigerians in america are broke! some of you cannot travel to nigeria twice a year!!!

by the same token, there are thousands of nigerians in the UK making £300 - £1000 per day in 9-5 jobs without breaking their backs. stop telling us porkies how life is good in the US when most of you guys cannot even call mobile phones in the UK.....

y'all are broke-ašses!!!

It is really sad when people still believe hearsay. I am giving you facts yet you chose to believe only what you've heard from people. I gave you a scenario and you're relating it to tonto dikeh being a virgin meaning i'm a liar abi?

Okay let me break it down for you. You can go to glassdoor.com to confirm statements if you like.
I repeat, most people that i know in my circle do not make less than 100K USD a year. Despite this, you won't hear me say that all nigerians make good money. The vast majority make 150K and above.
As an example, the newest set of engineers that got hired in my place averaged 105K for starters. How much do you think the senior engineers earn? There are at least 25 nigerians that i know that we work together in the same company. There are more but i do not know them. It's an industry wide standard. There are several nigerians working in several other companies who earn the same or more. I am not trying to brag or anything. I am just letting you know that the old mentality that all nigerians in the US are hustlers is wrong.

Sure you still have those hustling but there are thousands doing really well. Even in other industries that are low paying, the average starting salary for graduate engineers is 65 - 80 K. Lots of nigerians have graduate jobs.

It saddens me when people make these comments e.g nigerians in the US dey wash dead bodi. I am yet to even meet one person that has worked in a morgue. Not saying they don't exist but if it was that prevailent, i would have met at least one. Ill stop here because its just going to derail further.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
shymexx:
Bwahahahahahahaha @ the bolded!!
Do they still page themselves in that country? grin

Paging, side-kick phones using yanks. I guess that's why most of them use skype a lot. lipsrsealed

even the skype has hiccups - they have one of the slowest broadband services in the developed world! fibre optic internet that costs only £15 per month here is still non-existent in yankee!

american dream indeed!!!!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by 50calibre(m): 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
shymexx:

Not trying to argue which of the two countries is better. However, in America, you can easily move from a tutorship job in a college with a Ph.D and no experience whatsoever to head a fortune 500 company. But I doubt you can do that in the UK. Your employers would always ask for your experience in the field.

Exactly! Look at yahoo's CEO Merisa myer, at just 39 years, what or how many years experience has she got to head a big company like yahoo? Ridiculous
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
shymexx:

Make una take am easy now. Name one person that went to HEAD a fortune 500 company straight from school due to his/her PHD. If na him papa/mama company, it doesn't count.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by dasparrow: 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
@Post

All these western countries have become sinking ships anyways (economically speaking). Gone are the days when UK, USA and the rest were booming economically. Those days are gone now so anyone who is going there illegally to go and hustle is wasting time. Even the indigenes of these nations are hardly finding jobs much less someone who has no papers. Forget that thing. Stay in Africa and hustle. African countries by God's grace are the next best places to be. Soon oyibo will come begging us for our kpali and then it will be our turn to tell them 'go home!!!!.'
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:
even the skype has hiccups - they have one of the slowest broadband services in the developed world! fibre optic internet that costs only £15 per month here is still non-existent in yankee!

american dream indeed!!!!

Ohhh weeee!!

They took the American dream to twitter and turned a great social networking platform into ghetto ratchetness.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
shymexx: Lmao @ coogar clowning yanks about phone calls. grin grin grin grin Epic!!

You guys are clowns. You don't pay to receive if you have the right contract plans?
The reason people have plans like that is because phones are subsidized. You guys pay upfront for the phone, while in the US, the phones are cheap becuase of the contracts. There are unlimited plans and there are pay as you go plans. Come on, you guys can do better. Quit being childish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

How To Spot A Nigerian Abroad / Truck Crushes Woman On Bike In Ikorodu (Graphic Pics) / Trailer Kills Osun Polytechnic Student (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.