Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,854 members, 7,859,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:08 AM

UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home (29407 Views)

We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship / UK Illegal Immigrants ‘May Get Amnesty To Stay’ – Sky News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by 50calibre(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

You are funny sha. That you don't agree with me does not give you the right to call me a liar okay. I don't care what you belive, what matters is reality. If you doubt my claim, check my IP. chikena. The issue is not how expensive/cheap the state is. It's my opinion and i'm sticking to it. The way you have relatives that run to the UK is the same way i have relatives that run from the UK to Houston everytime. You probably weren't born when i started travelling so i'll leave it at that.

Ok! If you say so, how can I call you a liar. America is great country, probably the best, that i admit a 100% all I'm saying is everyone carves a niche for him/her self, some make it regardless of where they are, and speaking of countries that attract wealthy people, you'd be surprise to know that places like Iceland, Monaco, Switzerland attract more wealthy people ( relative to its size ) than the US
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
All of unu wey dey rake from 9ja, unu nor worry ,2 things fit happen now
1 PHCN go take light
2 you go run out of badwith
I dey wait grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

Your mere use of the statement "use your number 6" has assured me that i will be wasting my time and resources argueing with you. In 2013! Number 6 ko, number 20 ni. I do not have a number 6. What i have is a perfectly functioning brain that helps me analyse and criticise as needed.

Where did you graduate? Not trying to tasi you but your analysis is becoming very suspect.
It's simply a matter of ratios/percentages/probability. What does it matter if Nigeria churns out 3 billion graduates. IF the probability that you will get a job as a nigerian in naija is 80% higher than getting it in the UK, common sense and the laws of variable change suggest your best bet is to choose naija.

Also, the number of graduates naija churns out according to you is also relative. How many of these graduates are GRADUATES? The same ones that used expo/orijo to pass jamb or the same ones that cheated their way through college just to make a pass/2.2. Common man, you're better than this. If you want to continue this arguement, do it logically. Remove sentiments

Let me spend some time here to educate you fish brain, using the term: 'number 6' is because every Nigerian will understand that, i can as well ask you to think 'outside the box'

All your rants are based on assumptions, can we start with facts? The UK unemployment figure is 7.8%, source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10604117

The UK graduate employment figure stands at 61.8% http://www.prospects.ac.uk/latest_news_graduate_employment_rate_remains_stable.htm

91% of students who completed courses in 2012 were either in employment, involved in further study or training six months after they graduated. Source: http://www.theguardian.com/education/2013/jul/01/graduate-recruitment-survey

Give me your figure and source from Nigeria.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
50calibre:

Ok! If you say so, how can I call you a liar. America is great country, probably the best, that i admit a 100% all I'm saying is everyone carves a niche for him/her self, some make it regardless of where they are, and speaking of countries that attract wealthy people, you'd be surprise to know that places like Iceland, Monaco, Switzerland attract more wealthy people ( relative to its size ) than the US
LIE, America is a piss off shyte Mehnnnnn grin grin grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:

Let me spend some time here to educate you fish brain, using the term: 'number 6' is because every Nigerian will understand that, i can as well ask you to think 'outside the box'

All your rants are based on assumptions, can we start with facts? The UK unemployment figure is 7.8%, source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10604117

The UK graduate employment figure stands at 61.8% http://www.prospects.ac.uk/latest_news_graduate_employment_rate_remains_stable.htm

91% of students who completed courses in 2012 were either in employment, involved in further study or training six months after they graduated. Source: http://www.theguardian.com/education/2013/jul/01/graduate-recruitment-survey

Give me your figure and source from Nigeria.
Bro take it easy on the guy, you know in the USA they dont have time to listen to the news they are too busy grin grin grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:

to be quite frank, you have spewed enough inaccurate statements concerning employment in nigeria. there are no jobs in that country. 40 million naija youths are unemployed - this is why you have riff-raffs in nollywood and the music industry trying to eke a living. majority of these people are graduates of excellent disciplines before channelling their energies into whatever can fetch them money.......

My friend finished with Masters in Control Systems Engineering from Uni of Sheffield and ran back to Nigeria thinking she was made...after months of frantic searching, she got a job....in a cold room....selling ice kote for her Aunty...for 15k a month...

Nobody told her to comeback to the UK...She works with one of the Big Energy firms now
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
erico2k2:
Bro take it easy on the guy, you know in the USA they dont have time to listen to the news they are too busy grin grin grin
Running away from immigration i guess
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by 50calibre(m): 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Lol No....They are my brothers

We immigrants are gonna take all the jobs away so help us God...

I just wanna know if the Brits are shying away from the obvious elephant in the room...

Lol by next year, they'll have both Romania and Bulgaria to deal with.

You know technically a polish person can't be illegal in the UK because they are part of the EU, it's us Africans who seem to be their thorn in the flesh.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
jackbauersballs:

My friend finished with Masters in Control Systems Engineering from Uni of Sheffield and ran back to Nigeria thinking she was made...after months of frantic searching, she got a job....in a cold room....selling ice kote for her Aunty...for 15k a month...

Nobody told her to comeback to the UK...She works with one of the Big Energy firms now

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Dude easy now! Which kain lie be dis? Eja kote ko, oku eko ni!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
jackbauersballs:

she's lucky she had the means to come back - many are stuck in naija now and gnashing their teeth in regret. unless you and someone in the senate or in power are on first name terms, there's nothing in nigeria!!!!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by 50calibre(m): 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:

you need to be in knightsbridge the few weeks before ramadan......the arabs flooded the UK like crazy. they flew their sportcars just to come and show off for few days and flew them back.....

That is! Those guys are crazy. I once heard a 25 year old Arab guy complaining he can't fly in his proper Lamborghini into the UK because the road are too small to accommodate it. Lol
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
50calibre:

Lol by next year, they'll have both Romania and Bulgaria to deal with.

You know technically a polish person can't be illegal in the UK because they are part of the EU, it's us Africans who seem to be their thorn in the flesh.

The annoying bit is, it's the Polish they should really be facing for taking all the low-level jobs...

There are very few high-flying young White-British professionals today...The Asians and Blacks are filling vacuum created by retiring white British intellectuals...

Most Young white brits are to be found competing for Barista jobs...and doing internships and placements till they drop

The only industry where you see young white Brits is in finance....and they are mostly brought in on a padi-padi-my-daddy-knows-your-daddy level...
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Dude easy now! Which kain lie be dis? Eja kote ko, oku eko ni!!!

I dey tell you fact, you dey jones...My girl was chopping up titus and kote for a living...with engineering precision! grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by ckkris: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
50calibre:

and speaking of countries that attract wealthy people, you'd be surprise to know that places like Iceland, Monaco, Switzerland attract more wealthy people
You're so fixated on ATTRACTING WEALTHY PEOPLE. Can't you people in UK create wealth the way the US, Germany, Japan, South Korea, and others do? You look forward to the oligarchs that steal money from Russia, the Arab world, and Nigeria. Well, your candour is cool.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I dey tell you fact, you dey jones...My girl was chopping up titus and kote for a living...with engineering precision! grin

Using PLC and SCADA too! Una no go kill me for NL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
50calibre:
That is! Those guys are crazy. I once heard a 25 year old Arab guy complaining he can't fly in his proper Lamborghini into the UK because the road are too small to accommodate it. Lol

those guys spend money like the world's going to end - 25 year-olds pushing bugatti veyron of £1.6m just to come and cause noise pollution on london streets just for few weeks and then fly the car back to their base.....

madness!!

50calibre:

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
ckkris: You're so fixated on ATTRACTING WEALTHY PEOPLE. Can't you people in UK create wealth the way the US, Germany, Japan, South Korea, and others do? You look forward to the oligarchs that steal money from Russia, the Arab world, and Nigeria. Well, your candour is cool.

It's a tough job but someone's got to do it now
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
ckkris: You're so fixated on ATTRACTING WEALTHY PEOPLE. Can't you people in UK create wealth the way the US, Germany, Japan, South Korea, and others do? You look forward to the oligarchs that steal money from Russia, the Arab world, and Nigeria. Well, your candour is cool.

what do you need the wealth for? abramovic's house in chelsea is less than 1 hectare in size...where's the land to display the wealth! the UK is predominantly a conservative city. eat well, be healthy, save some money and life is good!!!!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2013

What is your definition of wealth creation?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
Donxavier:

To be honest I don't know where you got this info that getting a grad job in naija is easy? At least for the past 3 months I can tell you have been sleeping and waking up on job boards both naija and uk. Naijahotjobs, Hotnigerianjobs, ngcareers..... The vacancies advertised in naija are so small like seeing 1 or 2 vacancies where compared to uk you are seeing 5,10...I have even seen a post where they were looking for 20 here in the uk. what of linked in, you see a lot in the uk if you try naija it's as dry as it gets... Justwise has a point

You guys are falling my hand oo. Read well before rushing to post. No one said getting a job in naija is easy. Heck getting a job in any country is hard. I said and i repeat, the odds of you getting a job as a nigerian in naija is way greater than in the UK.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by 50calibre(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
jackbauersballs:

The annoying bit is, it's the Polish they should really be facing for taking all the low-level jobs...

There are very few high-flying young White-British professionals today...The Asians and Blacks are filling vacuum created by retiring white British intellectuals...

Most Young white brits are to be found competing for Barista jobs...and doing internships and placements till they drop

The only industry where you see young white Brits is in finance....and they are mostly brought in on a padi-padi-my-daddy-knows-your-daddy level...

And the funniest thing is the polish are very racist towards black people, they are poor, hungry and racist.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by 50calibre(m): 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2013

WTF! Which country isn't interested in attracting wealthy people? Do you know why the US fight so hard to ensure that the dollar remains the predominant trading currency?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by r231(m): 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

You guys are falling my hand oo. Read well before rushing to post. No one said getting a job in naija is easy. Heck getting a job in any country is hard. I said and i repeat, the odds of you getting a job as a nigerian in naija is way greater than in the UK.

I disagree........
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
jackbauersballs: All the people saying there are no jobs in the UK are liars...

There is a army of young immigrant Nigerian professionals now all over the UK...The UK rewards intellectual ability...unlike home sweet home

Common son, if there were NO jobs, the economy would grind to a halt. The arguement is that currently, a naija grad has better chances in naija. The UK economy is shrinking. Yes there are Nigerian professionals all over but there are also thousands who are jobless and lurking around when they can find better things to do in naija
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

that cannot be true....the reason most naija people in the UK cannot work is because many don't have the rights to work. for the nigerians with a work permit, there's no excuse!!!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
50calibre:

And the funniest thing is the polish are very racist towards black people, they are poor, hungry and racist.

Not the girls though...trust me grin grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
r231:

I disagree........

Your opinion and you're are entitled to it. No love lost
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by coogar: 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
jackbauersballs:
Not the girls though...trust me grin grin

their babes come super-handy in those long hard winters. very strong breed of women!!!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by 50calibre(m): 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:

those guys spend money like the world's going to end - 25 year-olds pushing bugatti veyron of £1.6m just to come and cause noise pollution on london streets just for few weeks and then fly the car back to their base.....

madness!!

And they get chics drool over them like crazy! They spend big like there is no tomorrow

Lol America may not be the ideal destination for everyone, but its pretty cool though.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:

that cannot be true....the reason most naija people in the UK cannot work is because many don't have the rights to work. for the nigerians with a work permit, there's no excuse!!!

That is the whole point. CHineke.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by kandiikane(m): 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
coogar:

Old papa youngie, you have been living in your cave for too long. Even with work permit, it's hard to find jobs these days. Is it not because of unemployment that the government started making schemes for people to acquire the right work experience so to not just sit their asses at home seeking jobseekers allowance?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
Chaiiii, Why is no African country red-dotted? angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station / Taxify Wants To Change The Way 18 Million Lagosians Move Daily / UAE Lifts Ban On Passengers Travelling From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.