Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market (44458 Views)

Gaidam Gave Out 100's Of Hilux Vehicles To The Army, Police (pic) / Suicide Bombs: Muslims Kick As Army, Police Frisk Women In Hijab, Burka - Punch / Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by bloggernaija: 8:10am On Aug 02, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Hahaha...Nawaa,you are a common nonentity with nothing to show for your life.. The land that market was built on was bought from the same people who are trying to impose a babaloja,the Igbo built the market from scratch and they have the c/o of the land. When you are done ranting go and pull it down. You think those guys are fools ? Like I said before,you can continue your rants but it start and ends on a Nairaland page. Do your worst!

Utter crap
Most of the traders in ladipo are tenants.they pay rent to indigenous owners of the place .many of them actually sleep in their shop as they do not have alternative accommodation.
talking about building the market,Ladipo market has been there from time immemorial .the first ibos to come into the market and most other markets are omo lanke pusher(push trucks).
Now to get to the onus of the matter.
When the elders fail to take responsibility ,this kind of situation matters.
The brouhaha caused by chinue Achebe last ,with his mostly derided history of Biafra and the echoing of that one sided book by Igbo leaders of note has ensured that the ibos will be viewed with suspicion in the southwest .
Also, trawling through the online media will revel all sorts of xenophobic rantings against other ethnic nationalities in the country.
This has made many to begin to view this one sided relationship in which the SW gives all and the SE gives almost absolutely nothing as unhealthy to the SW .
Going forward
Add to this is the refusal to abide by the custom of the host.
A word is enough for the wise.empty chest beating is no substitute for common sense.
The ibos have the most to lose.
I have noticed that the most yoruba on social media(those who do reply ) mostly react to comment made to paint them in bad light.
Most just ignore them.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:15am On Aug 02, 2013
tpia@:

that's a s.tupid way to talk.

And this is the only stupid comment you have come accross since the mud slinging started,mada ?? You are a shameless tribalistic bigot and may your soul burn in hell forever!
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by kasiem(m): 8:41am On Aug 02, 2013
if yorubas are this strong why did they have to hire army to come and help them in a fight taking place in their homeland?
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:28am On Aug 02, 2013
kasiem: if yorubas are this strong why did they have to hire army to come and help them in a fight taking place in their homeland?

The army is there to protect you.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by 0mOnnakoda25: 9:47am On Aug 02, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Hahaha...Nawaa,you are a common nonentity with nothing to show for your life.. The land that market was built on was bought from the same people who are trying to impose a babaloja,the Igbo built the market from scratch and they have the c/o of the land. When you are done ranting go and pull it down. You think those guys are fools ? Like I said before,you can continue your rants but it start and ends on a Nairaland page. Do your worst!

Why do you like to lie and deceive yourselves
The land belongs to Mushin Local government!They leased the land to Paramo Investment Ventures; CEO Ajibade Olajoku

You guys are full of lies lies and more lies

http://www.article.com.ng/news/mushin-lg-boss-clears-air-on-ownership-of-ladipo-market/
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by 0mOnnakoda25: 9:52am On Aug 02, 2013
FYI the master plan of Lagos for that site was for a general hospital and we will fight for restoration of that. You jokers just come from Umuakpu,eat akpu with leaves,drink palm wine and start rewriting history. Now you are telling us you bought government land to sell scrap. We the sons of the soil know our history and will deal with you at the right time.You have absolutely no right to run a market on that site and your arrogance will only accelerate your eviction. What should be there is a hospital
What can you do if Mushin decides no more trading on the site. Your story is like that of the proverbial guest invited to dine who then restrains his host from eating by holding his hands.YOur behaviour has made it clear we have to kick you out of the market. You have NO RIGHTS on that site.NONE !!

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by IGBOSON1: 10:22am On Aug 02, 2013
Aigbofa:

Are Ibos the only people with properties in Lagos? There are foreigners with more money in Lagos than Ibos.
We didn't invite you and your absence will not be missed.
You got your ar.se whooped once, there's no doubt in my mind you will come back for encore.

^^^You sure about the bolded? wink
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by aljharem(m): 10:25am On Aug 02, 2013
Lol, this is just the beginnings grin
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by kasiem(m): 10:33am On Aug 02, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

The army is there to protect you.
thats wonderful.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 02, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: Fashola, you are already killing the APC party in Lagos with your xenophobic attitude.Be warned!!

Do not let your stoopidity affect my undying love for Buhari or else I'll drop my support for APC.

Your comment is really silly if you would use the little wits between your ears.

Is Buhari a conjoined twin Fashola?
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by nedu666: 11:08am On Aug 02, 2013
FANTASTIC SERVES IGBOS RIGHT LET THEM CONTINUE DEVELOPING OTHER PEOPLE RIGHT. FASHOLA PLS CLOSE LADIPO,ALABA,IDUMOTA,ASMPADA ETC. DECLARE ECONOMIC WAR ON IBOS.WHAT IS THE WORST TO HAPPEN THEY WILL LOOSE A LOT LIKE THEY DID IN CIVIL WAR BUT WILL BE MUCH WISER.

AS FOR LAGOS IT WILL BE LESS CONGESTED, RENTS WILL FALL AS SS OUTWEIGHS DD, BANKS WILL CLOSE SO MANY BRANCHES, INSURANCE WILL LOOSE PREMIUMS FROM THIRD PARTY, SEAPORTS WILL BE LESS CONGESTED, AIRPORTS LESS CONGESTED, REVENUE FOR STATE AND LOCAL GOVT WILL FALL, PRICE OF REAL ESTATE WILL CRASH, ALL THESE PETROL DEPOTS WILL LOOSE CUSTOMERS. IN ALL SO MANY BUSINESS WILL STRUGGLE AND WORKERS WILL LOOSE THEIR JOBS. INFACT LAGOS WILL BE BETTER OFF

IBO ON UR PART U RETALIATE BY DECLARING ECONOMIC WAR ON YORUBAS. BOYCOTT GTB,STERLING,SKYE,STANDARD CHARTERED,IBTC,NESTLE,UNILEVER,PZ,P@G,HONEYWELL,ELIZADE,RCCG,WINNERS,HOUSE ON ROCK,CAC,MOUNTAIN OF FIRE,ALL CHURCHES WITH YORUBAS,DIVIDE THE CATHOLIC AND ANGLICAN, BOYCOTT GLO,MAIN ONE,TANTILIZERS,ALL EATERIES,EVENT ORGANIZATIONS,DEAL GUINESS A FINAL BLOW,INFACT DECLARE TOTALITY ON ANY YORUBA BUSINESS. BOYCOTT BEING THEIR DISTRIBUTORS.WHAT IS THE WORSE THAT WILL HAPPEN THEY WILL REDUCE REVENUE,SALES,TURNOVER,AND AS USUAL FIRE THEIR WORKERS.

BY DOING THESE TO EACH OTHER, WE WILL LEARN TO RESPECT EACH OTHER.LAGOS WILL STOP DRAGGING POPULATION FIGURES WITH KANO,ALL THESE TALK OF LARGEST GDP, BIG CUSTOMER BASE, ECONOMIC BASE BLA,BLABLA WILL END.AFTERALL WHAT DRIVES LAGOS IS POPULATION NOTHING MORE. AND CONSIDERING THAT NORTHERNS AND NIGERDELTA ARE NOT DAFT LIKE IBOS WHO POPULATE AND DEVELOP OTHER PEOPLE LAND. LAGOS WILL BE LIKE OTHER NIGERIA STATES. PEACEFUL AND QUIET

7 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
this will double or triple the price of spare parts and enrich more Igbos.

Please they shld send an army division there this evening. Babalojin needs protection
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by 0mOnnakoda25: 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
Funny,vain,boastful and empty people
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
0mOnnakoda 25: Funny,vain,boastful and empty people
indeed. yorubas are
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by manny4life(m): 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
Isn't it rather funny a lot of people are here saying Igbos sell substandard products, lol

I've said this before, aren't the buyers of the products patronizing the sellers? When you go to China, they have standard products they manufacture for big companies and substandard or avergae for likes of Walmart. So the math is simple - anything/anyhow you want it, Igbos will ALWAYS deliver.

Kinda like the car section I was on the few days ago, they blame auto sellers for bringing in old cars, but how do you blame a seller when a buyer goes to him and ask for a car in less than 10 years, less than 70k miles for N500,000 like seriously, are you kidding? Now you blame them when they roll back the odometer several thousands of miles...

Again, the day Nigerians are ready to pay for ORIGINAL like the WEST and not like the Chinese/Asians, the day our corrupt system of govt from the ports of entry to our quality control agencies are rid of corrupt individuals, that will be the day things will take a good turn. So like I said, if Igbos leave Lagos to the east, people will come to the east to buy because Nigerians by default like substandard.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by baby124: 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
manny4life: Isn't it rather funny a lot of people are here saying Igbos sell substandard products, lol

I've said this before, aren't the buyers of the products patronizing the sellers? When you go to China, they have standard products they manufacture for big companies and substandard or avergae for likes of Walmart. So the math is simple - anything/anyhow you want it, Igbos will ALWAYS deliver.

Kinda like the car section I was on the few days ago, they blame auto sellers for bringing in old cars, but how do you blame a seller when a buyer goes to him and ask for a car in less than 10 years, less than 70k miles for N500,000 like seriously, are you kidding? Now you blame them when they roll back the odometer several thousands of miles...

Again, the day Nigerians are ready to pay for ORIGINAL like the WEST and not like the Chinese/Asians, the day our corrupt system of govt from the ports of entry to our quality control agencies are rid of corrupt individuals, that will be the day things will take a good turn. So like I said, if Igbos leave Lagos to the east, people will come to the east to buy because Nigerians by default like substandard.

Stop the "if's" make it happen. If that was the case and they could make it in the east, they will not be in Lagos in the first place. I think it is time to shelve your false pride and face reality. The LASG people can obviously do without the traders. Pride comes before a nasty fall.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ji_sun_pack:

Why are you.arguing with them? Don't you know Dangote is ibo = Dan ego te? Namadi Sambo is also ibo = Nnamdi sambo??

Benjamin Netanyahu = Benjamin Nwanyanhu?

Every hardworking citizen of the world is ibo, according to their delusion grandeur.

LMFAO I don die with laf, Gog go punish you o bro cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Abeg quit ur empty chest-beating..

Just go and march around Onitsha with female hand bags and Israeli flags and reopen ur shop in Lagos. Ibos WILL NEVER leave Lagos for the east permanently....

grin grin grin

Iyaf dizie! Loooool! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by manny4life(m): 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
baby_123:

Stop the "if's" make it happen. If that was the case and they could make it in the east, they will not be in Lagos in the first place. I think it is time to shelve your false pride and face reality. The LASG people can obviously do without the traders. Pride comes before a nasty fall.

Well the IF is a contingent statement, isn't it? Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

As long as if remains contingent to the status quo, please save your talk because the truth remains - NIGERIANS by default LOVE substandard products.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
This is the time Yorubas need to wake up.

Stop being docile and "sophisticated".

You are not too "sophisticated" to protect your image.

Ibos should not be handed monopoly over tribalism.

When Ibo almajiris point at you and call your land poverty-stricken, who will correct them?

When they devalue your land, home, family, sons, daughter, who will speak out?

You need to wake up.....

There's a private Ibo forum where Yorubas are discussed daily, basically on how to destroy their image on NL, yet you sit there and keep quiet because you're too sophisticated.

Wake up.

Why are Ibos focusing so much on what a Yoruba man (Fashola did), when Ibo governors in the past have done the same? Stop the tribalism.

5 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by tpia5: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

And this is the only stupid comment you have come accross since the mud slinging started,mada ?? You are a shameless tribalistic bigot and may your soul burn in hell forever!

na you go burn, dear, be careful how you throw words about anyhow because the consequences will fall on the heads of you and yours.

senseless ingrate/s.

you're lucky I'm not the one you think you're trying to deal with, una for halla.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by tpia5: 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
the master plan of Lagos for that site was for a general hospital

only in nigeria would a hospital be replaced with a market?

what kind of nonsense is that?

let me guess- they were offered financial incentives to scrap the hospital and build a market instead?

why are we so short sighted in that country?

no wonder the healthcare system is struggling and every nigerian runs overseas for medical attention?

extremely disgraceful state of affairs!
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by kingbang: 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
Tribe of cowards! hahahahahahaha. Already hiding behind the Army and the Police.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
kingbang: Tribe of cowards! hahahahahahaha. Already hiding behind the Army and the Police.
So who are the ones the army is protecting?.....if then born army well, let them free Ladipo. And lets us see who really is the owner of Ladipo, despite ibos been 99..9%....Army no go wan fall ibo hand for Ladipo now..
if yoruba are cowards, so wetin u go call people crying to Amnesty International?...LMAO.

2 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
kingbang: Tribe of cowards! hahahahahahaha. Already hiding behind the Army and the Police.

You expect them to flee to Abidjan like the Ibo warlord ?

2 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by kingbang: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

You expect them to flee to Abidjan like the Ibo warlord ?

No, i expected them to be gang raped the way HIV AWolowo was gang raped by Afenifere leaders!!!
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by 2mch(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2013
St_Black:
So who are the ones the army is protecting?.....if then born army well, let them free Ladipo. And lets us see who really is the owner of Ladipo, despite ibos been 99..9%....Army no go wan fall ibo hand for Ladipo now..
if yoruba are cowards, so wetin u go call people crying to Amnesty International?...LMAO.

Am surprised he is laughing that they are protecting his kins men from trouble. LMFAO.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
kingbang:

No, i expected them to be gang raped the way HIV AWolowo was gang raped by Afenifere leaders!!!

I am sure the village Bicylcle turned National Carrier Biancar Ojuku. Would know more about that

3 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by kingbang: 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

I am sure the village Bicylcle turned National Carrier Biancar Ojuku. Would know more about that

At least she is a BMX bicycle unlike the old worn out "long john" bicycle called HIV Awolowo.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2013
kingbang:

.....LOL. if Awolowo was gang-rap'ed, what will you have called bianCAR ridden blue and black by many like a duck?
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by kingbang: 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
St_Black:
.....LOL. if Awolowo was gang-rap'ed, what will you have called bianCAR ridden blue and black by many like a duck?

BMX bike, unlike the "long john" old hag.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
kingbang:

At least she is a BMX bicycle unlike the old worn out "long john" bicycle called HIV Awolowo.
Thank God u acknowledged her a Bicycle. Thank God u know she has been ridden back and forth like a bicycle after ojuiku has had his own before passing the bicycle to others. LMAO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

ISSA Revelations On Buhari Government, Boko Haram, Deaths Of Badeh, Alkali / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) / State By State Breakdown Of Goodluck Jonathans Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.