Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State (16584 Views)

Diezani Alison-madueke Celebrates 55th Birthday Today / Ayo Fayose 55th Birthday Thanksgiving Service In Ekiti (Photos) / Governor Fayose's 55th Birthday Cake (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by deandavid(m): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2013
docadams: Just for the record: Ibori was caught, at least on two occasions in the early 90's, for shoplifting in London. His wife was an accessory.
He was an Abacha boy in the late 90's.
Arising from the above, he became Delta state governor and ruled from 1999 to 2007.
He played a significant role in enthroning Yaradua and thus became a member of his kitchen cabinent.
He couldn't gain a foothold in Jonathan's govt due to reasons we all know.
He was discharged and acquitted of about 170 charges of corruption related offences by a Nigerian court.
Delta state government held a thanksgiving service for his acquittal.
He later fled to Dubai due to EFCC manhunt.
He was extradited to Britain from UAE on account of money laundering.
He was tried, convicted, and sentenced to 13years imprisonment in Britain.
Several millions of dollars of his assets were also confiscated.

He was to be followed later to jail by his wife, mistress, sister, and lawyer for their various roles in his larceny.
Presently his birthday celebration is on while still in gaol for grand scale larceny.
JUST IMAGINE
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by Evestar200(f): 10:37am On Aug 04, 2013
IBORI STILL REMAIN A LEGEND IN DELTA STATE SINCE NO ONE HAS BEAT HIS RECORD OF DEVELOPMENT IN DELTA STATE

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by ewosk: 10:41am On Aug 04, 2013
hmmm, the 'OGIDIGBOIGBO OF AFRICA" celebrates his bday even while Incarcerated...nt surprised a bit....Hilter had his followers, Osama sef get..bt 'which way nigeria' Na so we go dey day...Ah Hilter
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 04, 2013
What a shame. The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians not only politicians.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by Evestar200(f): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2013
Those of u shouting foul here,,ur governors are far worst than ibori and u guys here are here saying trash as if ur governors dont steal ur states money,,,mtcheeew
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by Henrypraise: 10:52am On Aug 04, 2013
omarky:

Celebrating first class criminal is what Delta state is known 4. With PDP, Nigeria is far 4rm it..... Zik of Africa will be crying in his grave by Now. Deltans. Shudnt come to Lagos after celebrating there aclaimed hero cos' Fashola will deport them back 2 dr state around 3am in d. Mrn

On the contrary, its deltans that will deport yorubas n lagosians n dump dem in bar beach or their cocoa farms.

Ibori is not a governor of paper works: lemme buttress my point by just talkin on the educational angle: before 1999, we had only delsu, pti n college of edu as known schs, after 2003, we have mid western, ogharan ogwashuku, ufuoma. Ozoro. Sch of nursin, fupre, sch of marine n many more, though sum of dem were existing but ibori renovated dia dilapidated structures and sensitise d public abt dem, I remember how uniben, unilag, uniport, esut, imsu n odas were chasing is deltans out of dia sch, coupled wit high sch fees n how they labelled deltans cultist, ibori whipped our tears n honestly were u not jealous at how early ur deltan sch mates got their bursary paid? (Dats if u ever went to sch)

I have my grudges against Ibori but he is a force to reckon wit, dnt tel me abt fashola, talk to be abt tinubu, alao, fayose, tell me abt wat des pple did? I guess u av paper work to show me.

Leave Delta state from ur bigotry least we deport ur imbeciles workin at egtl, chevron, forcados etc. N FYI d deltans in yoruba lands really wish dey were home ask dem.

Happy birthday to d living, let the dead Abiola(ITT thief) and Awolowo(Maniac) rot in dia graves.

HBD JAMES IBORI ONANEFE

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by Evestar200(f): 10:58am On Aug 04, 2013
IBORI na MAN o,,,OGIDIGBOIGBO,,,u dy luk am he dy go o OGIDIGBOIGBO
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by Korrection(m): 11:01am On Aug 04, 2013
Ibori was not loyal to Jonathan,hence the witchhunt...if you move around delta youll know that Iboris stride supercedes that of the clueless Uduaghan,ibori is loved by his people and thats all that matters cos charity they say begins at home..when ibori finally comes out he is going to hunt 0jonathan down..i like Ibori and didnt really see an extreme sin he comitted unlike oshiomhole who dwells on federal completed projects to show himself. Road no dey bini oh. Na now i know
Ifykns: Happy Birthday to my able formal Governor. D man wit the big heart. A true son of Delta. The man who touched so many lives in Delta state and beyond. A true legend. I cant wait to see my man in Delta state. May God be wit u. Odidigborigbo 1 of Africa . Go come your office dey wait for you.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by Ecash1: 11:06am On Aug 04, 2013
A legend ?.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by yelnatsuno(m): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2013
I try to be optimistic sometimes about the future of this country, but looking at the present realities I think there is no hope of redemption for Nigeria...We are finished as a people..I sometimes think that God has abandoned us as a people..where do you think change will come from? From Nigerians?...Hell NO
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by Immatex(m): 11:08am On Aug 04, 2013
Celebrating the crowned king of corruption! James Ibori!
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by tontons: 11:10am On Aug 04, 2013
ah ah i dey vex

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by erico2k2(m): 11:10am On Aug 04, 2013
Evestar200: Those of u shouting foul here,,ur governors are far worst than ibori and u guys here are here saying trash as if ur governors dont steal ur states money,,,mtcheeew
I have said it B4, if you want to bash IBORI plz start by telling us what state you come from.Make we see.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by erico2k2(m): 11:12am On Aug 04, 2013
Immatex: Celebrating the crowned king of corruption! James Ibori!
I dont blame you at all, plz tell me what IMO state governor did for yall at this time even till today.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by OneNaira6: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2013
Happy Birthday Ibori. I no like you but you no do me wrong sef so my brother, enjoy your day.

As for the hypocrites from SW, the day una condemn Tinubu is day you people have the right to speak to others about not celebrating a "criminal". move left sef and mind una business.

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by docadams: 11:31am On Aug 04, 2013
jossybills: Take it or leave it ibori was a good governor of delta state. We will still celebrate d man until there comes another like him.

Long live odidigborigbo.
I fully understand your situation, bro. One can do nothing else but to sympathise with you for not experiencing the product of good governance till now, especially, in Delta state. Hope u do in your lifetime in order to know the expectations from a sane system.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by PStacks(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2013
Shame.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by pesty100(m): 11:40am On Aug 04, 2013
Some people lynced four guys in aluu because they suspected they were thivies.... A govnor that stole bilions of naira is now still celebrated by some people... What a pity
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by Oguieke(m): 11:41am On Aug 04, 2013
the truet is that NIGERIA leaders both the past and recent ones are bloody criminals, if any one can doubt it reasonably i will be glad. so let celebrate our dear criminals on top.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by pesty100(m): 11:41am On Aug 04, 2013
One_Naira: Happy Birthday Ibori. I no like you but you no do me wrong sef so my brother, enjoy your day.

As for the hypocrites from SW, the day una condemn Tinubu is day you people gave the right to speak to others about not celebrating a "criminal". move left sef and mind una business.
who is ur paymaster becos a person in d rite frame of mind wont comment diz way
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by pesty100(m): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2013
Ogui eke: the truet is that NIGERIA leaders both the past and recent ones are bloody criminals, if any one can doubt it reasonably i will be glad. so let celebrate our dear criminals on top.
while we lynch d one dat stole 50 naira
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by jamace(m): 11:43am On Aug 04, 2013
Hmn. What can I say. I'm dumbfounded by the insane behaviour of my people - celebrating someone who is both an ex-convict and a convict.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by MacLovington(m): 11:47am On Aug 04, 2013
deandavid:
no there is hope, for it is said, if there is life, there is hope, i begins from me and you, we should start looking for ways to take up leadership positions in our communities and local govts, so that we the enlighten ones can turn things arround, our parents have failed us, we shouldnt fail our children.....

Very happy for your optimism. You're probably about 30 or below. I was once like you.
I tried to live a life without bribery and corruption in Naija but I became laughing stock among friends who bribed their way into everything, uni, job etc.

I travelled abroad to escape all that. Here I went to university with kids of the cream of the society based purely on God-given ability and merit, not long leg or bribe.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by erico2k2(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2013
deandavid:
Oloro buruku... your generation will continue to be slaves. he brought development ke, u guys are too ignorant and poor in mind to know that, he has stolen ur future and gave u peanuts. smh. I WILL NOT DISPAIR, THE TASK OF BRINGING ACCOUNTABILITY AND REAL ANTI CORRUPTION CRUSADE IN DELTA STATE MUST BE DONE. TEAM KEYAMO. JOIN THE DELTAFORCES UNITED, LETS PUT ALL THESE THIEVES WHERE THEY BELONG. CALL 08168831793/08066821805 TO GET MORE INFORMATION
Well must you insult people to bring ur point accross?Na so una be for ASABA? let me tell you keep dreaming, as long as teh Urhobos remains the largest ethnic group in Delta state,

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by armadeo(m): 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
I weep for naija.

Scratch that I laugh @ naija. Gat no more tears for us all.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by coputa(m): 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
If every political office holder in Nigeria can develop his home town/village as ibori did,then Nigeria would have become a paradice on earth...but alas,majority of them are only after self aggrandisement..,IBORI is a political collosus of no mean repute....you shall live longer than your haters and enemies....Deltans are proud of you....HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! ! !.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by ogb5(m): 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2013
Happy Bithday to Ibori.

Believe it or not, Ibori remains the best governor Delta state has had since her creation in 1991.

Love him or hate him, you can't take that away from him.

But, why do people from other states hate Ibori so much.
He was governor of Delta state, not that of your state, so give chance to delta indegenes to celebrate their best governor.
You can go and kill your thieving governors instead of coming here to cry over other people's governor.

Tell your governors to work, when they leave office, no matter the travails they pass through, people will remeber their efforts and actions and celebrate them, just as we are doing to Ibori today.

Ibori stepped on GEJ toes, and he was crushed by federal might and international conspiracy, simple. There are bigger thieves in Nigeria walking free compared to Ibori.

Once again Happy Birthday to Ibori, The odidigborigbo of Africa

3 Likes

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by Lakayanah: 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ebestsms.com:
I pity for the people of Delta state.

"Living legend."

Only in Delta state, people will celebrate criminal.
Can you show me any politician in this country that did not loot or got involved in one criminal activity or the other? Yet they are being celebrated and given chieftaincy titles by our so call royal fathers. Pastors preach against such politicians yet when they visit these churches they highly honored and given church ministers seat to sit on its no different in the mosques. Now who is a thief and who is a saint. Until we call a spade a spade we can never move forward in this country.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by wellmax(m): 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
BabaAlabi: The road to redemption is very very far. No hope for Nigeria.

The road is not far, it doesn't exist yet.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by ogb5(m): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2013
At times I sit back and count the number of people of delta origin that had to change their states of Origin to other states back in those days just to be a ble to secure admission. With no federal university and only one state university offering very limited number of courses, Delta children were at the mercy of other states to get admission. We endured discrimination in admissions.

Ibori govt littered the state with tertiary institutions. Today a child growing up in delta state has several options of tertiary institutions to attend.

Look at the Warri stadium that collapsed in 1984, No one deemed it fit to rebuild it for 16 yrs. It took a "thief" to realise that the stadium has to be rebuilt and he proceeded to build 5 stadiums across the state.

Just let us celebrate Ibori, When yoruba people agree that Tinubu is a common thief and drug pusher then we can start calling Ibori a thief.

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by Evestar200(f): 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
ogb5: At times I sit back and count the number of people of delta origin that had to change their states of Origin to other states back in those days just to be a ble to secure admission. With no federal university and only one state university offering very limited number of courses, Delta children were at the mercy of other states to get admission. We endured discrimination in admissions.

Ibori govt littered the state with tertiary institutions. Today a child growing up in delta state has several options of tertiary institutions to attend.

Look at the Warri stadium that collapsed in 1984, No one deemed it fit to rebuild it for 16 yrs. It took a "thief" to realise that the stadium has to be rebuilt and he proceeded to build 5 stadiums across the state.

Just let us celebrate Ibori, When yoruba people agree that Tinubu is a common thief and drug pusher then we can start calling Ibori a thief.
leave them lets them leave the problem of their states and come and comment trash abt delta state,,,,nobody have emulate the development IBORI brought to delta,,,so IBORI IS A LEGEND,,if not 4 dat clueless head called uduaghan Western Delta university would have be a state university instead of private universiy
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State by kevinsndeobi(m): 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
BUT DO YOU KNOW THAT THIS MAN POSITIVELY AFFECTED THE LIFE OF MANY PEOPLE ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kayode Ogudamisi Tells Him To Declare Assets Public / Fuel Scarcity: FG Intervention Temporal, Queues Will Resurface – Stakeholders / Femi Fani-Kayode: The Sack Of Sheriff, A Breathe Of Fresh Air For Our Party..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.