Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years (12804 Views)

Kogi Is The Only State In Nigeria Neighboring 10 States (photo Map) / Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) / Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by CyberG: 8:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
Abagworo:

I believe Ogun tops at the moment in terms of medium and large scale but Abia still leads in small and medium scale though..

Good for them! I think it is high time the both southerly legs of Nigeria help to lift it by working with their people in their states and regions. You create Dubai, Taiwan, Japan, etc over there in SE, we create New York, London, Silicon Valley, China, etc over here in our Yoruba SW - this can only be the best for Nigeria. We can be neighbours from afar, we can meet in Abuja and further help the country but we absolutely do not want conflicts which is not our intention but could erupt by the constant provocation and disregard for our laws, our culture, our heritage, our lands, insults to our heroes like Chief Obafemi Awolowo and some of our contemporary leaders like Professor Wole Soyinka and Governor Fashola. An insult to the least person in Yoruba land is unacceptable where we gave you a chance to rent and live among us, something the other parts of Nigeria with even more land like the northerners will not do or give 5 people space but one day wake up and kill 50! You see the problem now? Any lands not owned or bought by Yorubas will not get C of Os, even if the company from the hostile people have billions of dollars and gold, invest it right there in Iboland and help lift Nigeria, broadcast it on our CNN, we will be happy and busy leading the way there too. This is the way of the future for Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by pullyacap: 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2013
ba7man: You're so right, the Presidency specifically told those companies to open up shop in Ogun State and gave them land to operate on.

The market population and ports aren't far off and Ogun isn't as Congested as Lagos.....So its only right that's the next destination for investments.

Filthy liar! 'Presidency specifically told them to open shop in ogun state' u said? What happened to him taking them to Bayelsa state? And gave them land I laugh in Ikale dialect u sure don't know jack about The Land Use Act hence u can shamelessly lie about d Fed Govt giving land to companies....who will iisue them C of O?
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2013
Abagworo:

I believe Ogun tops at the moment in terms of medium and large scale but Abia still leads in small and medium scale though..
How does one make a statement like this.Surely the source of your information is not a secret? You just wake up one day and say there are morehairdressers in Kwara State.Without data and sources of data we are indulging in witchcraft .I do not know which state has more but I will like to know regarding your claim HOW DO YOU KNOW?

1 Like

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tolexander: am only trying to tell you to be straightforward instead of the hiding behind a finger.
Mr Gbawe is a nice man!
cheesy

Can a 'thief' ever be straightforward in conduct? No. A thief will always be shifty and dodgy with no compunction about lying. If the Amosun Govt had not made industrialization a cornerstone of its leadership drive then there may be a window of opportunity for thieves always desperate to steal achievement for a worthless and regressive FG. As it is, there is too much literature which can show even a child that the Amosun government planned for what we are seeing now.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/219914-ogun-state-nigeria%E2%80%99s-new-industrial-hub.html

Ogun State: Nigeria’s New Industrial Hub
27/11/2012 13:44:00 // News | Top Stories | Ogun State: Nigeria’s New Industrial Hub

He has spent less than two years as Ogun State’s Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, But Hon. Bimbola Ashiru’s remarkable achievements within such a period are definite statement of what true service and dividends of democracy are all about. ”. From the time when he assumed office, Ashiru, a former banking executive, earned the appellation, “Mr Integrity” for his transparency and high ethical standards.

Within a short time in office, the commissioner has made a difference in governance, immediately he came into office, he created two industrial parks for the State and also provided vital infrastructure for the existing parks.

Under him, Ogun State has a record increase of seven industrial estates, with plans to have more.

Ogun State Ministry of Commerce and Industry under him, has experienced visible development never witnessed before in the state, it has formulated and implemented friendly trade policies and took additional responsibilities relating to multilateral and bilateral commercial relations, state trading, export promotion measures, development and regulation of certain export oriented industries and commodities.

After hosting an investment forum earlier this year, the state has received requests from over a thousand investors wishing to invest in the state; in addition to that, the State also received about 54 letters of intent from foreign investors aiming to set up business ventures in the state.

Over 5 new industries were opened in the state this year alone, reducing the unemployment rate in the state and boosting its economy.

Hon. Ashiru is a devout Christian and a member of the Greater Chapter and the Bishop’s nominee, at the Archbishop Vinning Memorial Anglican Church in Lagos. He has been hapilly married for 21 years and blesed with two lovely children.

Since assuming office, he came in with a clear vision of what he intends to do. According to him, “My vision for Commerce & Industry in Ogun State is aligned with the current administration's 5 point agenda, one of which is Industrialization. I see the state becoming another economic hub for the country, with manufacturing giants in the continent established here. I also see a developed and vibrant MSME sector, which will inadvertently grow the economy of Ogun State.”

If morning is a good indicator of the evening, it is easy to predict that within the next three years, Ogun State will witness tremendous industrial revolution, economic

prosperity and social progress under Mr. Bimbo Ashiru as its Commissioner of Commerce and Industry.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Standing5(m): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2013
I wonder what will make a sane person think FG is the reason industries are pouring to Ogun state when in fact the the FG and its centralized top-down corruption model is the reason Ogun isnt getting enough industries. Take for example the law that allows cornering of any large volume of Power generation by states into our ever decreasing national grid when the FG knows fully well the importance of power in industrialization. Infact the FG is the Number 1 force impeding the growth of state like Ogun state industrially. They are doing this by Forcing more progress minded states to share critical resources with the backward thinking ones.

2 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
Standing5: I wonder what will make a sane person think FG is the reason industries are pouring to Ogun state when in fact the the FG and its centralized top-down corruption model is the reason Ogun isnt getting enough industries. Take for example the law that allows cornering of any large volume of Power generation by states into our ever decreasing national grid when the FG knows fully well the importance of power in industrialization. Infact the FG is the Number 1 force impeding the growth of state like Ogun state industrially. They are doing this by Forcing more progress minded states to share critical resources with the backward thinking ones.

It shall be well with you...Nuff said,well said!

Yet some conglomeration of liars will come here to dispute this clean as a whistle assertion!
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
dolphinife: The Ogun state's industrialisation project has received a strong boost as thirty-five new firms have opened their production plants in the state's industrial estates in the last two years.

Some of the new companies are WEMPCO STEEL MILLS, DANGOTE CEMENT, MAY&BAKER and GOLDEN PASTA. Others are GOODWILL CERAMICS, ADE DISTRIBUTION AND INVESTMENT LIMITED AND AFRICAN FOUNDRIES LIMITED. Apart from that, 80 new companies presently have their applications before the state government via the ministry of commerce and industry. This disclosure was made by the State's commissioner for commerce and industry, Bimbo Ashiru, "We need to realise that commerce and industry is the key. Let me put it this way, if you are talking about internally generated revenue, it has to be driven by commercial activities in the state.

The state, in its bid to maintain its position as the largest industrial estate in Nigeria, has introduced many incentives for investors and this include a one-stop shop which has reduced bureaucratic bottlenecks in seeking the necessary permits to do business in the state. Mineral resources in the state include Limestone, Bitumen, Phosphate, Kaolin, Tar sand and clay some of which can be mined for the next 500 years, according to analysis.

The State's industrial estates include Abeokuta-Lagos/Abeokuta estate, Ota-Idi Iroko estate, Agbara-OPIC estate, Ijebu Ode-Ikangba estate, and Ogijo-Ikorodu estate, others are Ilaro-Ibeshe estate, Sagamu-Benin road estate and Ijebu Igbo-Oru estate.
Lagos State and Ogun State need to pursue a greater integration agenda. Two things that should happen urgently a joint Housing Strategy that will aim to house workers within the Lagos metropolis in Ogun State and perhaps further and a Transport strategy that will make this possible rail,road and air(creative thinking) The FG should consider a Container logistic centre in Ogun State; from a legislative perspective and the states should seek investors to actualize it. The idea is a rail link from the port shifting containers to Ogun state so that the owners and transporters never have to enter Lagos but go and clear them maybe in Sagamu.Potentially that link can be extended further.

2 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Abagworo(m): 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
0mo-nna:
How does one make a statement like this.Surely the source of your information is not a secret? You just wake up one day and say there are morehairdressers in Kwara State.Without data and sources of data we are indulging in witchcraft .I do not know which state has more but I will like to know regarding your claim HOW DO YOU KNOW?

There was a UN sponsored program in Nigeria which aimed to identify potential areas of development and funding which took census of industries in the areas of interest which included Ogun, Abia, Anambra and Kano. Abia emerged tops in small scale because of the shoe, bag and garment industry. I believe Ogun has that advantage of larger industries because of its proximity to the economic capital of Lagos. Abia also enjoys its place because it lies between Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States which are Nigeria's oil hub.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by RedReact: 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
Oga Gbawe, CyberG and other South Westerners, kindly let's talk about our land, her progress and her future as we have been doing. Massive industrialization is needed and I would like all the 6 states to intensify more on that aspect. All hands must be on deck to drive the region forward, as well as other regions in Nigeria too, but our first berth is Yorubaland.
Is there any update of the Olokonla FTZ? Scanty information on that. Furthermore, I never knew anything about Oluyole FTZ until I saw something like that not long ago. Is there any info on that too?
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by ba7man(m): 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
pullyacap:

Filthy liar! 'Presidency specifically told them to open shop in ogun state' u said? What happened to him taking them to Bayelsa state? And gave them land I laugh in Ikale dialect u sure don't know jack about The Land Use Act hence u can shamelessly lie about d Fed Govt giving land to companies....who will iisue them C of O?
Oga, calm down. Don't you sense the sacarsm in my post??
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
Please share it with us ,once again is it a secret. We have moved far away from you just quoting spurious if not fictional studies and expecting us to swallow it.That is why we went to school

Abagworo:

There was a UN sponsored program in Nigeria which aimed to identify potential areas of development and funding which took census of industries in the areas of interest which included Ogun, Abia, Anambra and Kano. Abia emerged tops in small scale because of the shoe, bag and garment industry. I believe Ogun has that advantage of larger industries because of its proximity to the economic capital of Lagos. Abia also enjoys its place because it lies between Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States which are Nigeria's oil hub.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
pullyacap:

You misunderstand him. He is using sarcasm to mock those who say things that make no sense in the desperation to attach a
worthless FG, by hook or by crook, with everything good being seen in Nigeria. Like Standing5 observed, the FG is nothing but an impediment in reality to the progress of serious States.

1 Like

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by RedReact: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
0mo-nna:
Lagos State and Ogun State need to pursue a greater integration agenda. Two things that should happen urgently a joint Housing Strategy that will aim to house workers within the Lagos metropolis in Ogun State and perhaps further and a Transport strategy that will make this possible rail,road and air(creative thinking) The FG should consider a Container logistic centre in Ogun State; from a legislative perspective and the states should seek investors to actualize it. The idea is a rail link from the port shifting containers to Ogun state so that the owners and transporters never have to enter Lagos but go and clear them maybe in Sagamu.Potentially that link can be extended further.
I actually think every state in the SW should put up drive for industrialization. Kudos to the Ogun State governor on this one, and it would be good if Oyo, Ondo, Osun and Ekiti will also enhance the drive. The Lagos experience of today is highly discouraging, but our leaders should learn from it and open up the hinterlands in the region to push in even progress.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
RedReact: Oga Gbawe, CyberG and other South Westerners, kindly let's talk about our land, her progress and her future as we have been doing. Massive industrialization is needed and I would like all the 6 states to intensify more on that aspect. All hands must be on deck to drive the region forward, as well as other regions in Nigeria too, but our first berth is Yorubaland.
Is there any update of the Olokonla FTZ? Scanty information on that. Furthermore, I never knew anything about Oluyole FTZ until I saw something like that not long ago. Is there any info on that too?
It is the job of a visionary to see tomorrow.Really we neet to be thinking of further integration with Benin and Togo. The world is changing fast and if we do not integrate across West Africa we can never be a major player.How to make that happen is what a true visionary should be contemplating. Eastern states should be encouraged to integrate further with Cameroun.The Enugu Bamenda Road is an exciting opportunity and we need to think beyond Nigeria but this Western initiative is a step in the right direction.Still we cannot really prosper if Benin and Togo do not as Boko Haram demonstrate clearly. Just improving the road networks can double trade very quickly
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by pullyacap: 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
ba7man: Oga, calm down. Don't you sense the sacarsm in my post??

My bad....sorry for the outburst! I was consumed by a righteous indignation to shoot down that comment which I thot was literary!

Chop Knuckles!!!
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
pullyacap:

My bad....sorry for the outburst! I was consumed by a righteous indignation to shoot down that comment which I thot was literary!

Chop Knuckles!!!
Twenty push ups
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2013
Standing5: I wonder what will make a sane person think FG is the reason industries are pouring to Ogun state when in fact the the FG and its centralized top-down corruption model is the reason Ogun isnt getting enough industries. Take for example the law that allows cornering of any large volume of Power generation by states into our ever decreasing national grid when the FG knows fully well the importance of power in industrialization. Infact the FG is the Number 1 force impeding the growth of state like Ogun state industrially. They are doing this by Forcing more progress minded states to share critical resources with the backward thinking ones.

Well-said. I think 14 years of "democracy" has shown serious administrators and analysts that the FG is a deliberate impediments to the progress of serious States and region. This is why the SW is trying to break the shackles of FG retrogression with regional integration and 'liberating' socio-economic policies and pursuits.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
There's general sense of intelligent prioritization going on in SW now. Ogun should be an industrial state and continue to raise her IGR. All states in SW should strive to raise IGR to the extent that Federal allocation, if any, becomes a bonus.

The Ogun State Government said in Abeokuta on Friday that the state’s monthly internally generated revenue had increased from N750 million in 2011 to N3 billion in 2013.The Commissioner for Finance, Kemi Adeosun, said at a media briefing that the increase was as a result of the “ongoing financial engineering” in the state. Adeosun said the financial engineering began in 2011 when the Governor Ibikunle Amosun-led administration assumed office.
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/news/oguns-igr-grows-from-n750m-to-n3b-in-two-years/

Kudos!!!
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
The Party that has run the FG so far maybe but not the FG otherwise one would criticize Ogun State which was ruled by PDP for 8 years. Ogun State can surpass Lagos State if it starts to think like a business. Starts to cater to the needs of those that pass through the State bringing farm produce or imports from the ports .It has Land so think storage distribution.
Sadly it is difficult to do much without electricity and that is a problem that must be cracked
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by ba7man(m): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
pullyacap:

Chop Knuckles!!!
Double upper knuckles to you.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by hunter21(m): 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2013
CyberG: Nice to see Ogun State taking a giant leap forward! Today, there was news that Lagos' IGR now has hit N 13 Tr ($87 B) grin grin. Oyo's GDP has always been second to Lagos in the SW and I hope they are massively pulling themselves ahead too, faster! I heard that Ekiti has now quadrupled its IGR too...really great news! I hope they can all with Osun and Ondo, move as a unit and as a people (regardless of political leadership) to liberate us entirely from the shackles of gradualism and slow leaving by the PDP, FG and other units of retrogression in the country.

$87billion IGR? i hope its true. Whats your source?
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
hunter2,1:

it's a lie... blatant one
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Maxymilliano(m): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
Good and commendable news I must say, but some of the informations contained in the original post is not totally true.

May & Baker is not a new company in Ogun State. It has an ultra-modern pasta food-processing factory in Ota directly opposite the gate of Winners Chapel Headquarter along the Idiroko Exp Rd.

The company commences operation during before the coming of Amosun, Mimee noodles and Lily Table Water are some of the products churned out from the plant.

WEPCO Steel was commissioned recently by President Jonathan, but the construction and machines installation predated the coming of Amosun and I'm sure the commissioner, Bimbo Ashiru will not dispute this.

Dangote Cement made inroad into Ogun State during the tenure of Chief Segun Osoba who ensured proper documentations of the space utilized by the company, bulk of the construction work took place during Gbenga Daniels. Amosun was only fortunate to do the commissioning.

Ogun State has always been destination of choice to would-be investors from time immemorial, proximity to Lagos, with the air and sea port is a booster to this fact.

Nestle Foods is about completing the largest plant in Nigeria at the Papalanto end of the Lagos-Sagamu interchange, this was made possible during Gbenga Daniel's tenure.

Many companies are also at advance stage of completion and inasmuch as I will like to applaud the government for few strides taking so far in positioning the State as best destinations for investors, there should be a limit to how we play politics with some of the claims we peddled as facts.

Thanks ...
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
sheyie2007: it's a lie... blatant one
Sounds like a joke to me let's lighten up
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by dridowu: 10:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
So happy, here is my state for positive news
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by plaindealer: 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
Maxymilliano: Good and commendable news I must say, but some of the informations contained in the original post is not totally true.

May & Baker is not a new company in Ogun State. It has an ultra-modern pasta food-processing factory in Ota directly opposite the gate of Winners Chapel Headquarter along the Idiroko Exp Rd.

The company commences operation during before the coming of Amosun, Mimee noodles and Lily Table Water are some of the products churned out from the plant.

WEPCO Steel was commissioned recently by President Jonathan, but the construction and machines installation predated the coming of Amosun and I'm sure the commissioner, Bimbo Ashiru will not dispute this.

Dangote Cement made inroad into Ogun State during the tenure of Chief Segun Osoba who ensured proper documentations of the space utilized by the company, bulk of the construction work took place during Gbenga Daniels. Amosun was only fortunate to do the commissioning.

Ogun State has always been destination of choice to would-be investors from time immemorial, proximity to Lagos, with the air and sea port is a booster to this fact.

Nestle Foods is about completing the largest plant in Nigeria at the Papalanto end of the Lagos-Sagamu interchange, this was made possible during Gbenga Daniel's tenure.

Many companies are also at advance stage of completion and inasmuch as I will like to applaud the government for few strides taking so far in positioning the State as best destinations for investors, there should be a limit to how we play politics with some of the claims we peddled as facts.

Thanks ...

Thanks not for this meaningless and irrelevant tales...
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by pandriod: 12:05am On Aug 06, 2013
Maxymilliano: Good and commendable news I must say, but some of the informations contained in the original post is not totally true.

Thanks ...

Sad ibo people displaying what they are known for.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by CyberG: 12:06am On Aug 06, 2013
hunter2,1:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/18238-%E2%80%98lagos-gdp-hits-n13trn
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by CyberG: 12:07am On Aug 06, 2013
sheyie2007: it's a lie... blatant one

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/18238-%E2%80%98lagos-gdp-hits-n13trn
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Austinnedo(m): 12:14am On Aug 06, 2013
That's good news...at last the unemployment is gradually reducing.. We need more of this.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Nebeuwa(m): 12:16am On Aug 06, 2013
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Nebeuwa(m): 12:18am On Aug 06, 2013
sheyie2007: SE.. shame angry

Why bring the SE into this?

We are happy for Ogun state!

Hopefully Abia can get its act together as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governorship Tussle: Abia Elders, Traditional Rulers Back Ikpeazu / Flooding Imminent As Rivers Niger, Benue Rise / Malami: Sunday Igboho Will Be Brought Back After Prosecution In Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.