Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years (12801 Views)

Kogi Is The Only State In Nigeria Neighboring 10 States (photo Map) / Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) / Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 12:18am On Aug 06, 2013
I agree that we should not play politics with this.Some of us are champions of progress in the SW and are neutral politically while others are ACN sympathizers.THat is a legitimate right but we must respect each other we all cannot and will not be ACN sympathizers. Amosun has not created a miracle in Ogun in two years.Ogun state is what it is because it is where it is and that is why the British fought the Ijebus over a hundred years ago . We are happy to see progress but if it is politicized then expect opposition. Ogun state has been a leading agricultural state and industrial hub long before Amosun
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by bashydemy(m): 12:30am On Aug 06, 2013
0mo-nna:
I agree that we should not play politics with this.Some of us are champions of progress in the SW and are neutral politically while others are ACN sympathizers.THat is a legitimate right but we must respect each other we all cannot and will not be ACN sympathizers. Amosun has not created a miracle in Ogun in two years.Ogun state is what it is because it is where it is and that is why the British fought the Ijebus over a hundred years ago . We are happy to see progress but if it is politicized then expect opposition. Ogun state has been a leading agricultural state and industrial hub long before Amosun
But any development like this during OGD era?
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 1:02am On Aug 06, 2013
bashy_demy: But any development like this during OGD era?
Am I OGD's spokesman? Guy please don't ask me stupid questions.

Nigeria made more money from oil during OBJ's time than any other period so much that they could pay off a $30 billion debt .Did we make so much money because of something OBJ did?
Did Amosun put limestone in Ewekoro
The M&B plant if I am not mistaken was commissioned by GEJ. When was that started? probably during OGD's time but still I do not think we should be politicizing these things or claiming credit for private sector business decisions unless there is VERY CLEAR justification

Did the WEMPCO steel mill come about through Amosun's efforts in 2 year

Can we stop this unnecessary politics or save it for people who cannot ask questions

Do you think Serious businesses like Dangote which is listed made a decision to come to Ogun Yesterday or because of Amosun? I am not interested in OGD or Amosun so do not try to get me talking about either of them. Serious businesses take their time before investing so I find it hard to attribute credit to politicians besides once you start doing that even GEJ too can claim credit.
Let us salute progress without colouring it with party politics.Must every Yoruba be APC ?
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by tolulinks(m): 2:16am On Aug 06, 2013
sheyie2007: SE.. shame angry

Make una free the SE people o, Lol. But seriously how they think they are shoulder to shoulder to the SW
is mind boggling. Lol.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by RedReact: 7:58am On Aug 06, 2013
Omo-nna, you are right. Party affiliation should not dusturb us from calling and shouting for progress in our land and our country. That is why SW is a dybamic region, but if the past admins could do what these guys in power are doing, we won't be where we are toda. Afterall, great Awo stil had opposition among his countrymen despite his legendary works.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 8:12am On Aug 06, 2013
RedReact: Omo-nna, you are right. Party affiliation should not dusturb us from calling and shouting for progress in our land and our country. That is why SW is a dybamic region, but if the past admins could do what these guys in power are doing, we won't be where we are toda. Afterall, great Awo stil had opposition among his countrymen despite his legendary works.
What exactly is this admin doing that is so special?
we have already established that several of those companies were completed or near completion during OGD's tenure; M&B,Dangote and WEPCO.Now I would be loathe to give OGD credit for any of that as the man was a crook but it will be dishonest to give Amosun credit either. We must be Objective and fair.In the same vein the FG has as much right to claim credit as the State. In my own view we should give credit to them all or none at all.I prefer the latter. Amosun has been there for 2 years and to claim that he has brought in 35 companies through his policies is something that should be saved for village bumpkins. Let us leave politics out of it and celebrate progress no need for controversy.Awo's works were not controversial or disputed. How can you claim Amosun brought Dangote or WEPCO or M&B to OGUN particularly Dangote.Who legislates for limestone if not the FG. If anyone takes credit for Dangote it will be OBJ
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 8:36am On Aug 06, 2013
0mo-nna:

Look, do you know the antecedent of those who ask for us not to "politicise" this revelation when no one was doing such in the first place? Is is wrong to show the proactive plans put in place for the industrialization of Ogun State or are you new here not to note that there are many here, like Maximilliano, who are die-hard supporters and apologists of GEJ who simply want to ensure no credit is given to ACN administrators?

Be clear about one thing. Much of what Amosun is doing, to include his efforts in areas such as security and infrastructural development plus the one-stop shop for investors, are influencing the choices of destination potential investors are making.

Also, what exactly is 'ACN sympathisers' when the progress we are seeing today would not be possible without the people who showed passionate conviction to support the ACN in the belief it is better than the PDP? What exactly are you suggesting? ACN supporters should not speak and "neutral voices" should own the arena over a topic concerning an ACN-led state highlighting the positive results stemming from the deliberate and proactive policies ACN leadership showed that was absent in the past?

Are those who have spoken, to direct you into saying what you now do, "neutral" themselves or do their past posts, which I would be happy to show you, reveal they are two-faced, highly partisan mischief-making and blind backers of GEJ/PDP plus automatic antagonists of those they assume to be GEJ's/PDP's political opponents/enemies?

How do you want to talk about positive development under ACN leaders while seeking to disenfranchise those who support the Party so "politically neutral" folks alone can talk? Is that not discrimination? Did political neutrality get rid of the PDP? Please don't be goaded into becoming part of deceit because of those who are hardcore supporters of GEJ and only speak here so credit is not given where due to assumed opponents of GEJ and the PDP. You should understand the forum and its character and keep your neutrality to your own contribution instead of going beyond that to be taking on other and attempting to disenfranchise their contribution. ACN sympathiser or not, has anyone contributed lies here in showing the efforts of Amosun?

Watch the youtube video below and note Amosun enunciating the deliberate effort of his regime to boost industrialization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msglw5Hx0ns
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Akanbiedu(m): 8:44am On Aug 06, 2013
Neutralists; holier-than-thou Mor'afckers.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 8:45am On Aug 06, 2013
Gbawe:

Look, do you know the antecedent of those who ask for us not to "politicise" this revelation when no one was doing such in the first place? Is is wrong to show the proactive plans put in place for the industrialization of Ogun State or are you new here not to note that there are many here, like Maximilliano, who are die-hard supporters and apologists of GEJ who simply want to ensure no credit is given to ACN administrators?

Be clear about one thing. Much of what Amosun is doing, to include his efforts in areas such as security and infrastructural development plus the one-stop shop for investors, are influencing the choices of destination potential investors are making.

Also, what exactly is 'ACN sympathisers' when the progress we are seeing today would not be possible without the people who showed passionate conviction to support the ACN in the belief it is better than the PDP? What exactly are you suggesting? ACN supporters should not speak and "neutral voices" should own the arena over a topic concerning an ACN-led state highlighting the positive results stemming from the deliberate and proactive policies ACN leadership showed that was absent in the past? Are those who have spoken, to direct you into saying what you now do, "neutral" themselves or are they mischeif-making blind backers of GEJ?

How do you want to talk about positive development under ACN leaders while seeking to disenfranchise those who support the Party so "politically neutral" folks alone can talk? Is that not discrimination? Did political neutrality get rid of the PDP? Please don't be goaded into becoming part of deceit because of those who are hardcore supporters of GEJ and only speak here so credit is not given where due. You should understand the forum and its character and keep your neutrality to your own contribution instead of going beyond that to be taking on other. ACN sympathiser or not, has anyone contributed lies here in showing the efforts of Amosun?

Watch the youtube video below and note Amosun enunciating the deliberate effort of his regime to boost industrialization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msglw5Hx0ns
I do not like your tone.I have my opinion which may not like but do not talk down at me. I am not interested in the political angle and I do not see how Amosun takes credit for bringing Dangote,M&B or WEPCO.Whether you like it or not people will see things from a different perspective so you must be tolerant. Otherwise in real life people come to blows or here to abusive words.Let us learn how to be more tolerant and courteous.I have my views and my objective here is to air them as a counterbalance to others.I am not trying to change the minds of zealots.
I do not expect Amosun to tell us in the video that he has been robbing Ogun blind so I don't see how the video is any more or less credible than videos of OGD. My point here is not that AMOSUN is not working but ;

"HE DID NOT BRING 35 COMPANIES TO OGUN IN "YEARS"
no more no less, that is a preposterous and misleading assertion to put it politely.Some of this so called Progress namely the entry of this businesses occurred underPDP's watch as I have said I am not prepared to give OGD credit so why should I give AMOSUN I have EVERY RIGHT to express that and I have not insulted anyone or inhibited anyone who disagrees.Anyone who tries to inhibit me will end up starting something very nasty and unpleasant .
I do not recall quoting you.What gives you the right to address me with "should"?Do you pay for my internet access or do you feed me? Guy take am easy I beg you make we no begin "bloodful"ourselvesPeace
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 9:03am On Aug 06, 2013
0mo-nna:
I do not like your tone.I have my opinion which may not like but do not talk down at me. I am not interested in the political angle and I do not see how Amosun takes credit for bringing Dangote,M&B or WEPCO.Whether you like it or not people will see things from a different perspective so you must be tolerant. Otherwise in real life people come to blows or here to abusive words.Let us learn how to be more tolerant and courteous.I have my views and my objective here is to air them as a counterbalance to others.I am not trying to change the minds of zealots.Peace

Buddy, dislike my tone all you want. I did not talk down at you. Merely showed you to respect all contributors here. How dare you talk about "ACN sympathiser" as if it is wrong for those who support the Party to contribute their opinion over a topic concerning the positive results ACN administrators had showed they planned for and that some of us supported them electorally to come in and achieve while the 'neutrals did what they always do i.e nothing? Where is the "politicising" going on?

You talk of tolerance, yet are you not the one displaying intolerance with the name-calling? Why not simply contribute your opinion on the topic, like a tolerant and liberal-minded individual, and let others do same? I ask again, do you know the hypocritical antecedent of those trying to deceive you here?

This is a political forum and as such you should appreciate and tolerate political Party supporters because they are the agents of change and not 'neutrals', who love the sound of their own voice, but remain disdainful of everyone/everything and never get involved yet love to speak as if change has ever driven itself.

Like it or not, Amosun is doing what Gbenga Daniel could not and the electoral political decisions behind all what we are witnessing cannot be wished away by 'neutrals'. It is a part of reality that happened because of "ACN sympathisers". Simply contribute your own neutral opinion and leave it at that. Let those of us who know each other here face each other when we have to. Stay out of it and don't arrogate to yourself the power to say who should talk and who should not.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Akanbiedu(m): 9:50am On Aug 06, 2013
Gbawe:

Do you have to quote me? The point is that you do not appreciate the incredible arrogance of your utterance below which is insulting to anyone who supports the ACN:

Can you tell the forum how you became a "champion of progress in the SW" with a neutral approach? Left to 'neutrals', Olurin would be Ogun Governor today not Amosun. The direction of a State, that will be appraised good or bad, is the sum total of the policies/actions/inaction of its administrators not the result of "neutral champions". What has your neutrality achieved that makes you to speak as if you are better than an ACN supporter who perhaps went out to vote Amosun and has thus earned the right to comment on positives seen under the current Governor?

When it is ACN administrators that many responsibly partisan people defeated apathy to go and vote in that are now delivering change, how arrogant do you think you sound speaking as if such people, seeing the faith they placed in electoral leaders being repaid, should not speak so that 'neutral' voices alone take the floor? What exactly has your neutrality achieved?

Buddy, live and let live. Be neutral all you want, since that is your prerogative, but do not speak as if others who are politically partisan are below you or as if you contribute more than them. If I were ungracious or intolerant, I could give you a million reason why, for a very troubled nation like Nigeria, we cannot afford 'neutrals' at this stage in our evolution.

My brother, wetin we no go hear from these mor'fcking fence-sitters. The good-for-nothing "adetes" will do nothing when things are going bad, will not give credit to whom it is due, and still want others not to give credit.

Does it take rocket science to know that investors go to conducive environments, where at least they can project what operations/revenue will look like in the short/long term? Who in his/her right would not notice that SW is becoming more and more stable in this ACN dispensation? Isn't that what investors basically cherish?

Under ACN government, we are cleaning up our streets and markets, we are rebuilding our cities, citizens' confidence in government is increasing, investors' confidence is increasing and more importantly, law and order is being restored. Do our neutralists think these things happen by chance?
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 9:54am On Aug 06, 2013
yes o Naira land is tiresome these days one child of unknown paternity whose leprous mother begs at Yaba will steal a smartphone come to Nairaland and start foaming at the mouth.Scandalous!
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Maxymilliano(m): 9:57am On Aug 06, 2013
Gbawe:

Look, do you know the antecedent of those who ask for us not to "politicise" this revelation when no one was doing such in the first place?

Is is wrong to show the proactive plans put in place for the industrialization of Ogun State or are you new here not to note that there are many here, like Maximilliano, who are die-hard supporters and apologists of GEJ who simply want to ensure no credit is given to ACN administrators?

Bros na my name you mention so ? grin grin grin ... Anyway my post was not directed at you but to refute some misinformations contained in the original post with facts.

I don't need newspaper excerpt or video clips from youtube to support what I know about current happenings in Ogun State, and if you feel my intentions was to ensure no credit is given to ACN administrators, then, I owe you no apology for that.

I give credit where credit is due, and if you care to go through the thread which dwelt on the massive infrastructure developments in the State, I gave kudos to the governor and even described his effort as massive.

I can provide you with proven facts on remarkable strides taking by the government so far to help and improve upon the industrialization plans for the State which I'm privy to, I don't need to scout through google or youtube all night to do that.

For the record, I'm more into ACN than PDP, don't just assume what you don't know by tagging some people as apologists of GEJ just because of the differential in our political leanings ...

Cheers ...
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Akanbiedu(m): 9:59am On Aug 06, 2013
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

My brother, wetin we no go hear from these mor'fcking fence-sitters. The good-for-nothing "adetes" will do nothing when things are going bad, will not give credit to whom it is due, and still want others not to give credit.

Does it take rocket science to know that investors go to conducive environments, where at least they can project what operations/revenue will look like in the short/long term? Who in his/her right would not notice that SW is becoming more and more stable in this ACN dispensation? Isn't that what investors basically cherish?

Under ACN government, we are cleaning up our streets and markets, we are rebuilding our cities, citizens' confidence in government is increasing, investors' confidence is increasing and more importantly, law and order is being restored. Do our neutralists think these things happen by chance?

Eyan mi, thank you. Amosun has put deliberate plans in place from day one to make Ogun more attractive to investors. There are the tangibles (security, infrastructural development, transport et al) and the non-tangible which are even more important yet not appreciated by many.

Issues such as tax incentive, quick and non-frustrating business registration, straightforward acquisition of land, removal of corruption in business set-up processes and the one-stop shop to address the worries and reservation of potential investors, plus other measures, are the real 'deal-makers' swaying the decisions in favour of Ogun .

Watch the video below to note Bimbo Ashiru making the specific point that you do not have to know the Governor or 'induce' anyone to obtain land for business use. The importance of such deliberate efforts cannot be overstated given what our Country is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWql1uRFuLA&feature=related

Also, look at the proactive effort below, as one of many, and it is clear, however it frustrates and annoy some to face such, that the SW is now benefiting from having competent and inspired leadership doing what should be done but was not in the past.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/why-more-companies-are-moving-to-ogun/

Amosun said the state government is about completing the implementation of the Geographic Information System, GIS, with full automation land administration. This, he said, would pave way for the mapping of the entire State, facilitating easier access to land for local and foreign investors.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 10:44am On Aug 06, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Bros na my name you mention so ? grin grin grin ... Anyway my post was not directed at you but to refute some misinformations contained in the original post with facts.

I don't need newspaper excerpt or video clips from youtube to support what I know about current happenings in Ogun State, and if you feel my intentions was to ensure no credit is given to ACN administrators, then, I owe you no apology for that.

I give credit where credit is due, and if you care to go through the thread which dwelt on the massive infrastructure developments in the State, I gave kudos to the governor and even described his effort as massive.

I can provide you with proven facts on remarkable strides taking by the government so far to help and improve upon the industrialization plans for the State which I'm privy to, I don't need to scout through google or youtube all night to do that.

For the record, I'm more into ACN than PDP, don't just assume what you don't know by tagging some people as apologists of GEJ just because of the differential in our political leanings ...

Cheers ...

Buddy, be upright and tell the truth always. What people know me for here, even if I can be passionate, is that I don't speak based on lies, I don't put my nose in the affair of others when I am not a stakeholder and I don't slander people casually or say things I cannot prove. You claim, in your own words, to be "more into ACN than PDP" yet you are the same person obsessed with trying to show as default behaviour , with falseness and more than once, that the ACN is also guilty of anything negative the PDP has been indicted of. Come on dude be partisan and proud.

Your past utterance will always be here to show your real conducts, leanings and belief. Are you not the the same poster trying to use deception below to malign the ACN till I corrected you? What manner of "more into ACN" leads you to be attempting, to the benefit of the PDP, to malign the ACN by hook or by crook below?

Just be partisan and proud and balanced adults folks will respect you for that. Trying to be all things to all men just leaves you as someone no one can trust. I personally like Insincer9gerian and others for such quality because I know where they stand even if we are on opposite sides of the fence. If you won't be partisan and proud , in preference for decietful utterances you assume will make you liked by all, then your past post will show Nairalanders your reality and they can see you and judge for themselves. In life, you cannot please everyone. Be yourself and show who you are proudly. It would have been better to do that than tell us you are "more into ACN" that is the same Party you had labelled "rogue opposition". It is "the camp of the ACN" when it suited your purpose below and today you are "more into ACN".

https://www.nairaland.com/1357432/jonathan-rivers-shame

Maximilliano wrote:
In March 2013, The House of Assembly in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun was thrown into pandemonium, as 4 ACN members attempted an impeachment proceeding against the speaker, Suraju Adekumbi, also from same ACN for corruption and high handedness. The proceeding degenerated into a free for all with weapons of all sort used freely. The symbol of authority of the house, the mace, was broken.

In the camp of the ACN, it was seeing as the norm as the legislatures were freely exercising the legislative right to dissent and none of the Governors of the affected States was mentioned as the likely culprit. Now, River State is having her won share of legislative right to dissent, and some rogue opposition is trying hard to paint a story that only exist in the imagination if the writer. Only f00ls take you guys serious this days.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by hunter21(m): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2013
CyberG:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/18238-%E2%80%98lagos-gdp-hits-n13trn
But that is GDP not IGR.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by ba7man(m): 10:52am On Aug 06, 2013
Gbawe:

Buddy, you are only angling to fight yourself, because of unrequited issues, as your posts show you so much want to do. You clearly have many frustrating issues you are carrying around and now feel you have gained the chance to 'unburden'.

It would be terribly ungracious of me to attempt disturbing such personalised and over-the-top pent-up frustration against others on a faceless blog. Carry on with the childish antics.
Let him be, its obvious that you're mentally above him.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2013
dolphinife:

You must be suffering from diarrhea of the brain and tuberculosis. Reading all your comments so far, you are not making any educational sense neither are you making your parents proud of you, rather, you are just rigmarolling unnecessarily, crying more than the bereaved. The moment you start mentioning someone's parent, dats when I know you have lost it.

If your stupid brain cnt function to an acceptable level, atleast, it should make u realise to a stupid level that visiting Ogun state from Seme to Ota to Abeokuta to sagamu to ijebu Ode to Ijebu waterside, a lot of industries are springing up with different construction sites. Most of these companies were persuaded to open their businesses in Ogun state by Amosun immediately he was sworn in. He created the conducive atmosphere for business enterprise and for investors believing that Ogun state is the most secured in terms of security and infrastructural development. All these were made possible by Amosun and not OGD...QED

Daniel's administration was marred by thuggery, political assassination, rape on democracy, swindling and forgery, thievery and so many negative characteristics. Jonathan has visited Ogun state to commission projects more than the South-east states combined. This is so cos there is condusive environment in Ogun state where investors are competing for space.

If you like, give kudos or glory to GEJ-led FG, or give glory to OGD....what we are saying is that Amosun is on track and is performing beyond expectations

Thank you. We cannot begin standing logic on its head to please some who do not understand the dynamics of human relations and interaction.

First, the electorate, i.e non-neutral folks who defeated apathy to get involved, went to the poll to vote in Amosun as Governor based on the electoral promises he made directly to them to include a clearly enunciated plan to aggressively attract industry and FDI to Ogun State. I think those folks are very much entitled to speak when topics linked to the administration of Ogun State are under discussion - especially when it is about sectors the Governor and his team deliberately planned to improve.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by nedu666: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2013
na wa for some the lies people peddle. so in 2years amosun created an enabling enviroment for 35firms yet the road leading to agbara industrial estate is filled with craters and gigantum potholes. the road inside ota industrial estate(if am right) is no different from benin-ore.

Let me puncture some lies been thrown around here.

a. Dangote cement started construction under OGD, made possible by OBJ, amosun only commissioned.
b. may and baker has been here before amosun.
c. nestle new plant started construction under OGD
d. p@g new plant started construction under OGD.
e. Wemco still started construction under OGD.

SO NO ONE SHOULD SAY AMOSUN MADE IT POSSIBLE because THAT IS A BIG FAT LIE. AMOSUN ONLY COMMISSIONED THE PLANT.

1 Like

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by 0monna: 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Cheers ...
Guy just be patient
Some ACN Fanatics are worse than Boko Haram in their zealotry and intolerance for differing views. Unfortunately the baboon has met more than his match in me and has resorted to using multiple Ids.What a pathetic and despicable loser.

1 Like

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
It is called 'Incentivising' FDI , industry siting and business investors. Very common practice worldwide.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/111-politics/35021-ogun-woos-investors-with-easy-land-acquisition

Ogun woos investors with easy land acquisition
TUESDAY, 27 MARCH 2012 00:00 RAZAQ AYINLA E-mail Print PDF

L-R: Patrick Yakowa, governor, Kaduna State; Wole Soyinka, Nobel Laureate; Ibikunle Amosun, chief host and governor, Ogun State; Bertie Ahern, former prime minister, Republic of Ireland; Babatunde Fashola, governor, Lagos State, and Omobola Johnson, minister of communications, at the 1st Ogun State Investors’ Forum in Abeokuta, Ogun State, yesterday. Pic by Francis Abiagam

As part of Ogun State government’s efforts to industrialise and turn the state into an investment destination of choice, it has rolled out attractive discounts on land acquisitions, placing enticing discounts ranging from 40 percent to 80 percent on land acquisition.

Speaking yesterday at the Ogun State Investors’ Forum in Abeokuta, Governor Ibikunle Amosun disclosed that the state rolled out the incentives to attract investors.

According to Amosun, 80 percent discount is applicable to agriculture, 60 percent on manufacturing, while 75 percent is applicable to community organisations.

The state governor, who disclosed that cumbersome and outdated processes relating to land allocations had been reviewed, added that the government had begun the process of clearing the backlog of issuing Certificates of Occupancy that had frustrated many property owners.

According to him, “We recognise the role of land as a key factor of production. We are supporting our various policy initiatives with easy access to land. We have reviewed the cumbersome and outdated processes relating to land allocation. Indeed, we have begun the process of clearing the backlog of issuing Certificates of Occupancy which saw some property owners waiting many years to obtain their land titles.

“Ogun State being open for business is not a catchy slogan. We truly are open for business and in that regard, we want to be a catalyst to jump start development in certain key areas. Since our location is our key competitive advantage, we want to announce some incentives that will convince you that Ogun State is the best place for you to invest.’’

Amosun, who said the incentives on land acquisition were targeted toward wooing both local and foreign investors to the state, explained that the incentives would end by December this year. According to him, Ogun State does not want land speculators but genuine investors.

“Of course, these incentives are structured to supply immediate impetus to our development drive and to that end are applicable when qualifying conditions are met. These conditions essentially require that development occurs within 180 days (six months) of the issuance of the Final Letter of Allocation. I must add that these discounts remain valid until December 2012.

“We do not want land speculators in Ogun State. We want partners, genuine long term investors. We believe that these incentives will enable us to rapidly demonstrate the exciting investment opportunities in our state,’’ Amosun added.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road / PDP Has Lost Focus Says Bode George - There is Confusion Everywhere / Daniel Bwala: Atiku Has Inherited Buhari’s 12 Million Northern Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.