Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (36746 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Date For Ndu 2nd Choice And 1st Choice Supplementary Post Ume Screening Exercise Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
koonbey: Exactly,I think as of Today,Unilorin is a better Institution than OAU
u beta go and find somewre to stay,shey unilorin wan steal am ni?

2 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by emmasege: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2013
because it is the only Northern University among the first generation Unis-UI, OAU, UNILAG and UNN. UNN would probably have produced more eminent Nigerians than OAU and UNILAG because it's the only first generation UNI in the old eastern Nigeria. So, this may not really be a yard stick.
omusiliyu:
Then what did u want the ABU'Zaria alumni and students to list... They've the highest number of eminent/important alumni...
B
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by MBEGBUCC: 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
What is the criteria for ranking of the Universities in Africa and Nigeria as well,because my school unn was on a distant 4th in nigeria and 37 in Africa. All our dept now uses projector and u can browse any where in the school. Our products speaks volume all over the world, even frank Edowo of who want to be a millionaire last week said he is afraid of UNN students.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
Lol

You guys had better go out there and hustle for the remaining jobs before your senators share all for their relatives..

oau ko, african union ni...

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
Kunlexic: u beta go and find somewre to stay,shey unilorin wan steal am ni?
lol,I hear you...but in my Opinion sha oo,what with the Discipline(both Students and Staff) and sereneness,the fact that a 4 Year course doesn't take up to 4 years to complete as they are never interrupted by Strikes,that there is a very high academic Standard in Place... my Opinion sha,I know OAU is a very good school too
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by mrking3(m): 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
Some peeps here can be very funny!! Even †ђξ Vice chancellor himself is so ignorant not to understand that this Webometric ranking doesn't have anything to do with Academic Excellence! This ranking is primarily released to assess
the quality of a university website, the tidiness of Digital
Document Storage, and support Open Access, an extent
to which the university share information in cyberspace. That's all!! Even †ђξ Nigerian media A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ so dumb!!! Ignorance everywhere!!!! Smh!

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by chingydaboss(m): 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
Y must u make assumptions and draw conclusions on issues u knw not abt.. sayin dey r in Spain makin assumptions.. its a research, nd in da western world, dey go for fieldwork....in order words dey must hv representatives all over Africa.. stop sayin rubbish..
lanreni: With no beefs intended,I insist that d criteria for rankin needs to be known.they shuld be like 5 categories.Usin anoda major criteria,UNILAG,Convenant,UNILORIN or UNN may come first.dis is africa not Europe/USA.Besides,this blanket rankin doesn't help d universities know their specific deficiencies & areas they need to improve.sittin down in spain to rank universities thousands of kilometers away without considerin their diff peculiarities & realities on ground is sheer laziness as far as i am concerened.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by drdams: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ur sku is really teaching u well ' "sereneness" . Unilorin, beta by far, all des slogans sounds jst too local.
koonbey: lol,I hear you...but in my Opinion sha oo,what with the Discipline(both Students and Staff) and sereneness,the fact that a 4 Year course doesn't take up to 4 years to complete as they are never interrupted by Strikes,that there is a very high academic Standard in Place... my Opinion sha,I know OAU is a very good school too
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by adepojuis: 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
Chai see traffic!! See wetin ASUU dey cause...
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akinsete19: Please if you don't know what to it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you criticism the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife,get the fact right, and am very sure that most of you criticism the school don't even where the school is located talkless you knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privilege or you wrote post utme five times in the school without being admitted does not mean you to criticise the school, i am not a student of the school.
to all the fools, condemning this post. I can not blame you because a person that has wisdom and knowledge will understand that the mistake i made was a "typing error" and nobody above mistakes, so why should i be worrying my self.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by MBEGBUCC: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
nirmy:

http://www.oauife.edu.ng/2013/08/latest-webometric-ranking-again-oau-rated-the-best-in-nigeria-8th-in-africa/
MBEGBU CC: What is the criteria for ranking of the Universities in Africa and Nigeria as well,because my school unn was on a distant 4th in nigeria and 37 in Africa. All our dept now uses projector and u can browse any where in the school. Our products speaks volume all over the world, even frank Edowo of who want to be a millionaire last week said he is afraid of UNN students.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
seedord247:

What criteria are you looking for?

Does OAU have computer library for students?

Does OAU have free wifi for student or any available internet for visitors ?

Doess OAU offer master degreee?

Does OAU gives scholarship or grant to students that score above 3.5 or probably 4.0.

Does OAU have any sport activity?

Tell me what OAU students or professors have produced or discover for the last 10 years...

Answer the question above......

Coming wih more question....

Your post reeks of nothing else but beef. If you want to know if they have those things listed above, I will advice you visit the university to know.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Gamesmart: 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
MBEGBU CC: What is the criteria for ranking of the Universities in Africa and Nigeria as well,because my school unn was on a distant 4th in nigeria and 37 in Africa. All our dept now uses projector and u can browse any where in the school. Our products speaks volume all over the world, even frank Edowo of who want to be a millionaire last week said he is afraid of UNN students.

If this is the way you reason in terms of judging the competence and quality of a university then UNN is surely over-ranked. Or African universities are shitholes for UNN to be that high.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by chingydaboss(m): 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
I gues ur d one ignorant here.. setting up a qualitative university website, the tidiness of digital document storage, etc has everything to do wit d academic excellence of a university.. think b4 u talk.. no offence
mr_king: Some peeps here can be very funny!! Even †ђξ Vice chancellor himself is so ignorant not to understand that this Webometric ranking doesn't have anything to do with Academic Excellence! This ranking is primarily released to assess
the quality of a university website, the tidiness of Digital
Document Storage, and support Open Access, an extent
to which the university share information in cyberspace. That's all!! Even †ђξ Nigerian media A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ so dumb!!! Ignorance everywhere!!!! Smh!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
Oga@TheTop:
OAU Ke!, Abi na OOU. I think OOU is the best jare.. grin
shey u miss road ni?They are doing competitn 4 meats dat are good pass in soup,snail 2 dey show face...dnt mention oou,who knws dem?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by tpia5: 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
ireneidiva:
Please who are all these?

Wow, wow, this is too much s.tupidity to overlook, no offence.

You CAN stick to celebrity section, you know, if thats your comfort zone?

See the latest sneakers on p square, see your favorite celebrity drinking shnapps, etc.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by jayjam(m): 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
gazilion: EA Adeboye did BSc at UNN and PhD at Unilag. Please which year did he school at OAU.
he didn't complete it in UNN,he did in OAU,get ur fakts rite
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by drdams: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
So e is both an alumnus of oau and unilag. Also an x student of unn..

Wots ur prob
U ad beta start working towards bcoming an alumnus to reckon with..
jayjam: he didn't complete it in UNN,he did in OAU,get ur fakts rite
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by tpia5: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
collynzo2: Before educated illiterates begin to show themselves.

Webometrics is A directory of world universities ranked according their presence on the Web.
www.webometrics.info

Scammers at it again, trying to deceive the gullible.

Haha, probably the same crooks who were looking for the most priaprismic nigerian or is it black.

awon baby farm things, we dey wait for the 9 month news o, the toilets are also on alert.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
coogar: there are only 2 universities in nigeria, OAU and the others as one. a first class student in UNILORIN, UNILAG, OOU would be lucky to come out with a second class lower in OAU.

the school's architectural design is the best i have seen in nigeria. nigeria's military government should be ashamed of themselves for not maintaining the facility in that school. OAU is the only university in nigeria that has RECTAS - the equivalent of NASA.
Yes, the only university that has an airport in its plan.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2013
ireneidiva:
Please who are all these?
Search google.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Ayus34(m): 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2013
OF THE GREATEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSST IFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
OBA AWON UNIVERSITY(OAU)
ONLY AFRICA UNIVERSITY(OAU)

AFRICA MOST BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS........THEY WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE........BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE THERE BUT OUR STANDARD IS TOO HIGH FOR THEM!

IF I HAVE TO STUDY IN A NIGERIA UNIVESITY AGAIN IT MUST BE OAU OR NO OTHER ONE EXCEPT MY BELOVED OAU...HATERS CAN DIE WHO CARES?
DEFINITELY THEY MUST DIE!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]they don rate OAU as the 1st and the best be dat,is either u take it or leave it instead of critizing it,so if u are not satisfied,RIP to u wen u go hug transformer.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
Una on come with una lie lie ....No be only 8th grin grin grin
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by jayjam(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
dr dams: So e is both an alumnus of oau and unilag. Also an x student of unn..

Wots ur prob
U ad beta start working towards bcoming an alumnus to reckon with..
my PROBLEM? Av got none man,just informing u meanwhile thanks 4 the spur
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
mclaaro: living on past glory,the question is WHO HAVE YOU RECENTLY MADE?
Seun and some of the people with logical skills on NL are our products. You may visit my thread on the killing of students in OAU on July 10, 1999.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by drdams: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
U welcum, esp 4 nt taking offence..
jayjam: my PROBLEM? Av got none man,just informing u meanwhile thanks 4 spurs
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by tomakint: 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
coogar: there are only 2 universities in nigeria, OAU and the others as one. a first class student in UNILORIN, UNILAG, OOU would be lucky to come out with a second class lower in OAU.
the school's architectural design nigeria's military government should be ashamed of themselves for not maintaining the facility in that school. OAU is the only university in nigeria that has RECTAS - the equivalent of NASA.
It is no mean feat why we branded it "Oba Awon University" (OAU)! cool
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Fajzay: 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ola Johnson: Great Ife rules. We made: E. A. Adeboye, Fidelis Oyakhilome, Ama Pepple, Bisade Ologunde, Itse Sagay, Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, O. C. J. Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ernest Ndukwe, Sam Ohuabunwa, Jimi Agbaje, Fred Agbaje, Segun Mimiko, Femi Mimiko, Victor Oladokun (Turning Point), Femi Ojudu, Olorunimbe Mamora, etc.

Are there not some imbeciles on the streets made by you guyz as well Please name dem too o
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Tolexander: 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
BrutusOj: And they keep producing graduates who doesn't knw d difrence btween HIS and IS, HAS and AS..congrats anyway
Therefore let him who thinks he
stands take heed that he does
not fall.
1cor. 10:12.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams / How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon / Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.