Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (36747 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Date For Ndu 2nd Choice And 1st Choice Supplementary Post Ume Screening Exercise Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by lexxyboz: 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
mclaaro: living on past glory,the question is WHO HAVE YOU RECENTLY MADE?
CEO Nairaland! Mr Seun
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Lizylaw(f): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
Lolz. Seriously, if dem rate ur own skul as number 1, u go make noise pass oau student. Free us let us enjoy this while it lasts o. Of d greatest gbagba, of d greates gbogbo, of d greatest IFE!

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by pappythinko(m): 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=Akinsete19]Please if you don't know what to it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you criticism the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife,get the fact right.You are arrogantly disgusting wt ur response 2d issue @hand. "most of you criticism of the school"- makes me feel dt you are a very poor advert of the school you claimed to rep.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Boll2010: 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
coogar: there are only 2 universities in nigeria, OAU and the others as one. a first class student in UNILORIN, UNILAG, OOU would be lucky to come out with a second class lower in OAU.

the school's architectural design is the best i have seen in nigeria. nigeria's military government should be ashamed of themselves for not maintaining the facility in that school. OAU is the only university in nigeria that has RECTAS - the equivalent of NASA.
next tym u wil write its da'best uv seen according to places uv been to
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by jangirova: 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
Yes!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Fitzy4real(m): 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akinsete19: Please if you don't know what to it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you criticism the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife,get the fact right, and am very sure that most of you criticism the school don't even where the school is located talkless you knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privilege or you wrote post utme five times in the school without being admitted does not mean you to criticise the school, i am not a student of the school.

You didn't need to say that you weren't a student of the school. Your english had already said it. grin
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by pappythinko(m): 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
I can't begrudge Obafemi Awolowo University with this ranking (though the ranking mechanism has been greeted with severe criticism). My refusal to tow the line of critiques is testament to my believe that they(OAU) are upthere with the best varsities in the country. I graduated from a premier university in the Northcentral, even from that corner of the country i use to admire the school from afar. My obsession wt the school can be forgiven though.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by coogar: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
Boll2010: next tym u wil write its da'best uv seen according to places uv been to

i have been to all the old federal universities in nigeria. not one of them can compare to OAU.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by dollyparton(m): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
By their fruits we shall know them. If it's about web presence, I agree but in terms of academic excellence, I owe nobody any apology on this the UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN is the best.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
Boll2010: next tym u wil write its da'best uv seen according to places uv been to
Simple truth
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Fajzay:

Are there not some imbeciles on the streets made by you guyz as well Please name dem too o
Coincidentaly, you're but were rusticated in your first year because you couldn't make a 1.0 CGPA.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
coogar:

i have been to all the old federal universities in nigeria. not one of them can compare to OAU.
what could have taken you to all those schools? You have never been to UI, I am sure of that.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by mrking3(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
chingydaboss: I gues ur d one ignorant here.. setting up a qualitative university website, the tidiness of digital document storage, etc has everything to do wit d academic excellence of a university.. think b4 u talk.. no offence
You're a big ignorant fool!!! I would suggest you Google webometric ranking of universities!!! First! Before coming here to challenge me!!! Fool!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by AbdH: 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
There are only two universities in Nigeria - Obafemi Awolowo University and others!!!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by lanreni: 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
jmoore: Don't be deceived by webometrics, it has nothing to do with academic excellence.

"webometrics is a directory of world universities ranked according to their presence on the Web"

Thats what am talking about. So now we know the category, but eeeehhhmm..... how does ife use the web more than other nigerian universities; more than UNIAbuja, UNILag & UNIPort for example?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by pappythinko(m): 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
Lest I forget, i rep university of Ilorin class of '11.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by drdams: 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
THERE IS NO PREMIER UNIVERSITY IN NORTH CENTRAL ...

UI, UNILAG, OAU, ABU, UNN ARE D ONLY PREMIER UNIV IN NIGERIA..

DO CHK OUT WOT THEY MEANT BY PREMIER
pappythinko: I can't begrudge Obafemi Awolowo University with this ranking (though the ranking mechanism has been greeted with severe criticism). My refusal to tow the line of critiques is testament to my believe that they(OAU) are upthere with the best varsities in the country. I graduated from a premier university in the Northcentral, even from that corner of the country i use to admire the school from afar. My obsession wt the school can be forgiven though.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
I just received an SMS from OAU Advancement Office, announcing this cheering news. How many of you did?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Boll2010: 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
coogar:

UI is a shyte school - too old to be reckoned with and the architectural value is zero. go to the spider house in OAU and marvel!
damn mate!! U need two tinz exposure n orientation,cuz u talked abt spider house lyk it some big tin,is jst a normal architectural work!!I jst google out ur A!SS
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by omonla555: 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
yuzedo: i attendeth Uncle Emeka Grammer School + Universeity. is a good school in abakalicki. more better dan dis oau school so dunno why is not leasted as d first. pls mod help and make my school to be first cos our motto is "up school oyege". tenk.

THIS BOY, NA TOO MUCH IGBO, WEED, GANJA, EFO, EWE OLA, EJA, OBI HA HIM DEY WORRY YOU. E REMAIN SMALL MAKE DEY CARRY YOU GO YABA LEFT.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Acecube(m): 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=veraponpo][/quote] i would have love to call you a fool, because you sure behave like one, but I will refrain from doing such.

some questions were asked and i answered saying ''my school {Unilorin} HAVE all the above... '' , okay i agree the ''have'' was wrongly used in the statement........then where in my statement did you see me quote OAU ?? angry

And you went as far as insulting me just because of that, i'm quite sure that even the Queen of England makes mistake when conversing in her native tongue... Oh i guessed you haven't {made mistake} in your pathetic little life and of course you had 100% in your M.A. {mechanical accuracy} when you wrote wassce.....

And for the record i'm in 100level and by the time your so called ASUU reach an agreement with FG.. I'll be getting ready for 2OOL, after a long 3 months break... Ciao

3 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=pappythinko][/quote]mr man i represent no school in nigeria, the fact that someone make a mistake when typing a message does not mean you should be brainwashing the error and keep making a bellicose statement, if you feel you know better, it is better you make a correction instead of condemning, "you pot calling a kettle black" look at your posts and make amendment.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by abbeywasc(m): 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
homesteady: All this their fake fake ranking!
The criteria they use is - the number of students that graduate with 1st class. The fewer the 1st class students, the higher your chance of going high in the rating!
if dt were the case then unilorin shud be 1st. dnt tnk any oda univ produces less first class
2012: 37 (highest ever)
2011: 23 (2nd highest)
2010: 17 (3rd highest)
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
dollyparton: By their fruits we shall know them. If it's about web presence, I agree but in terms of academic excellence, I owe nobody any apology on this the UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN is the best.
University of Ibadan is good but can't stand OAU. OAU is well planned, with the structures divided into three: students' residential arear, central campus and staff quaters. They are far from one another. But if UI, the structures are scattered. If you are in their library you will be seeing Mellamby Hall. If you should shout from Teddar Hall those in the Senate and Trenchard Hall will hear. Am i telling lies?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by sthemanuhel: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
if dat wat you are looking 4,den I recomend you 2 a skul known as BETTER BY FAR (UNILORIN)

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ola Johnson: I just received an SMS from OAU Advancement Office, announcing this cheering news. How many of you did?
Are your university officials that dense? What does this have to do with academic excellence or intellectual supremacy as they claim?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Boll2010: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
jayjam: u are d d dumbest of posters av ever seen here this week,Oau doesn't offer Masters degree?u are a joke,OAU doesn't av wifi? U probably avn't heard of INTECU,computer library?u nid to visit d skyebank compulibrary up to world standard,sports facilities?u nid to ask yourself y they are hosting NUGA.inventions?u probably havnt heard of prof.Ige who is known for chemical nanotechnology.U nid to google up smthngs man
jayjam: u are d d dumbest of posters av ever seen here this week,Oau doesn't offer Masters degree?u are a joke,OAU doesn't av wifi? U probably avn't heard of INTECU,computer library?u nid to visit d skyebank compulibrary up to world standard,sports facilities?u nid to ask yourself y they are hosting
[quote author=jayjam] NUGA.inventions?u probably havnt heard of prof.Ige who is known for chemical nanotechnology.U nid to google up smthngs man *sigh*NUGA INVENTIONS? Wtf bro
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
pappythinko: Lest I forget, i rep university of Ilorin class of '11.
Who asked you?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
Fitzy4real:

You didn't need to say that you weren't a student of the school. Your english had already said it. grin
see pot calling a kettle black . see english "you weren't"..........."your english had already said it" .......another brainwash
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
seedord247:

GO TO SOUTH AFRICA AND SEE WHAT THEY CALL UNIVERSITY..

THEIR LECTURERS DONT GO ON STRIKE..

THEIR LECTURERS DONT ASK FOR BRIBE OR SLEEP WITH THEIR FEMALE STUDENTS.

THEIR ENVIRONMENT IS CONDUCIVE FOR LEARNING..

ITS A PITY THAT THEY STILL USE BLACKBOARD IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITY WHILE IN OTHER COUNTRIES THEY USE PROJECTOR TO TEACH STUDENT.

BRB
We use projectors in my Faculty in ABU o. When people mention all these glorified secondary schools in the south apart from UI and maybe UNILAG, they usually forget there's a giant in the north that no nigerian school can measure up to in terms of magnitude of infrastructure. I mean which school in Nigeria is better equipped in all areas than ABU? I attended Unilorin before leaving for ABU and i've been to OAU so i know what I'm talking about.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by coogar: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
Boll2010: damn mate!! U need two tinz exposure n orientation,cuz u talked abt spider house lyk it some big tin,is jst a normal architectural work!!I jst google out ur A!SS

you are a laboratory rëtard
that spider house was designed by civil engineering students of the school and yes, it's a big thing. what's the equivalent in your village school?? ordinary lecture theatres like ajose, health sciences and amphi would be like dubai in places like UI.

collynzo2: what could have taken you to all those schools? You have never been to UI, I am sure of that.

never been to UI? i was never a student of UI but i am sure i have been in more idia hall girls than you. grin
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ola Johnson: Great Ife rules. We made: E. A. Adeboye, Fidelis Oyakhilome, Ama Pepple, Bisade Ologunde, Itse Sagay, Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, O. C. J. Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ernest Ndukwe, Sam Ohuabunwa, Jimi Agbaje, Fred Agbaje, Segun Mimiko, Femi Mimiko, Victor Oladokun (Turning Point), Femi Ojudu, Olorunimbe Mamora, etc.
It's no secret that ABU rules in ALUMNI.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams / How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon / Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.