Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (59956 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Orikinla(m): 9:43am On Aug 19, 2013
Take charge of your destiny and create jobs for yourselves instead of whining.
Among the most popular and successful entrepreneurs are self employed achievers and employers.
https://www.nairaland.com/1342692/775-screen-naija-managers-needed
https://www.nairaland.com/1402010/simple-jobs-jobless
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by lertee(f): 9:44am On Aug 19, 2013
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by condralbede(m): 9:47am On Aug 19, 2013
skyluv2000: Well that's a splendid idea, i am in full stop, am from Anambra state but based at Abuja, so i belong to North central,i am ready to push it all the way, my no is 08065346828, and my e-mail is ifymet@yahoo.com. Abuja branch our office will be at Kubwa.thank you all.
sharp guy....nah for kubwa ur house dey I guess?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Deshalom(m): 9:50am On Aug 19, 2013
fisayobolusere:

This is obviously a great Idea.I used to wonder that if the half of the numbers of unemployed graduates in Nigeria are to come together and make demands across the nation, these our leaders will sit tight and know that trouble is around the corner. 95% if not 99% of Nigeria under graduate student are potentially unemployed because govt is not engaging in any meaningful development exercise neither are they creating jobs.

Together we can make this difference. We can start the group as an NGO and we sensitize ourselves about happening around us.

Our Vision and mission statement highlighted and modus operandi communicated ACROSS BOARD. We can call/Name the Association_ Challenging Unemployment and Social economic Problems in Nigeria [CUSEP in Nigeria].

NB: We want patriotic Nigerian youths below 40yrs or say 45yrs and we will not form alliances with any political parties
Age limit is subject to further discussions though

+2347087087089

Age limit and high year of experience shud be among d problem we are facing u will see a company advertising for a position for sum1 nt more dan 25 with 5 years experience.

Am all in. Solomon , Ibadan, 08034031010
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 19, 2013
375 VIZSTUDIO a fast growing architectural and construction firm is seeking experienced and non-experienced personnel. Our vision is to improve clients/ service delivery and become one of the leading companies in the industry to better serve the nation. To create an enabling environment where people can develop and improve their skills.

- Site engineer: contract staff
- Civil/ structural engineer :Must have a degree in building technology
- Architects
- Construction engineer: Must have a Bsc/HND , project or construction management is an added advantage
- Security
- Mechanical engineer

Candidates must have 1¬3 YEARS working experience, send cv’s to info.375vizstudio@gmail.com with scanned passport and updated references.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kefmawin: 9:52am On Aug 19, 2013
The answer to all this is to empower yourself in something worthwhile.

That is why we are currently empowering people with website development skill for a token
www.kefmawin.com

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by oliseh3: 9:54am On Aug 19, 2013
rayedge: Then we shall end up becoming professionally unemployed seeking pity and peanuts for grants from the thieving elites.

Very unpatrotic statement..., u jux showed d whole forum dat ur sense of reasoning is as small as a mustard seed.., very microscopic..., I stand to be corrected dat majority of us who av pledged our support here are umemployed or idol, ...speaking 4 myself, I am nt an idol guy....but dat is nt d issue, d issue here I suppose, shuld be a better standard of living and a brighter future for d youth.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Hdz4luv: 9:58am On Aug 19, 2013
Am scared cryAm scared
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by sirhenry007(m): 10:04am On Aug 19, 2013
clun:

Linda, south east (Enugu), 08035582809.
Nice idea. Two good heads are surely better than one
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by fabulousstan(m): 10:06am On Aug 19, 2013
I believe we can do better if we try n organise our houses very well.
First and Foremost, let's have a unique social media platform, that we all can log in into, and then from there we form our executives that will help us to pilot and create a unique agenda that will be of beneficial to all.
I can provide any logistic if am ask to.
I bliv pple @ d top are reading dis and it will surprise u the distance we might covered if we administer our goals right.
Still Stanley reporting live from Ibadan in South-west
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by simpleseyi: 10:07am On Aug 19, 2013
Please has someone designed a database to collect the details of members? There are many software developers in the forum who can help develop a small software to collect members info.

I am in for good. Seyi - Lagos (South-West) - jahsharonjah@yahoo.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kacci(m): 10:07am On Aug 19, 2013
am in( chima, south east imo 08063572547
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by chaxumu: 10:12am On Aug 19, 2013
am interested. South-west, Lagos, Badagry 08035260640
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ibscrib: 10:21am On Aug 19, 2013
Ibrahim 08144004450 South West Lagos ibscrib@yahoo.com

If not for this generation, at least we can do it for the sake of generations to come.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Dbeliever(m): 10:28am On Aug 19, 2013
Nigeria would be the first nation to have such an association in the whole world! If its true that the initiative is coming up, there are millions of graduates waiting with alacrity to join. It could be recalled that since 2007 when the Suswam's administration came of board there is nothing like employment except if okada business has become a government job.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Incrizz(f): 10:33am On Aug 19, 2013
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by sunvick(m): 10:37am On Aug 19, 2013
Pls pple, I will waner plead with all interested members from rivers state to drop there contacts as I will be interested in gathering youths in Rivers State. Long live NAUG.LONG LIVE NIGERIAN YOUTHS NEEDS CHANGE!NIG WILL CHANGE!! NIG MUST CHANGE!!!

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Dgovernor3(m): 10:40am On Aug 19, 2013
Im in
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by adedotman5(m): 10:42am On Aug 19, 2013
Its good to see how people are declaring for this progressive group...but there are a few issues we have to iron out,

First is how do we set out our stall,how will this group work,I'm sure there is no LG in this country that doesn't have at least 5000 unemployed/underemployed youth,so also there is no LG in nigeria that doesnt have Nairalander,so i guess we should start by creating a database to collet d info of all d willing members,these members can in turn persuade peeps in their respective LGs to register,when we are crossing 1000000 or even less in number,we can approach well known activists in the country for advise/help,i'm sure if we have enough members,we can protest in the capital city and even seal it by occupying the city.
Though I dont see these as an easy ride but we can achieve it if we all pull towards one direction like the ants.
l
LETS START BY CREATING A FB AND TWITTER PAGE,THEN IF POSSIBLE WE CAN LATER CREATE AN APP(JAVA,SYMBIAN,ANDROID & IOS)MORE LIKE A SOCIAL NETWORKING BUT STRICTLY FOR UNEMPLOYED/UNDEREMPLOYED NIGERIANS.THANKS

DOTMAN-08066624542

Oga seun too has a role to play,make he help us leave this thread for first page,precisely make it constant as thread number 3 or 7

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kennosman(m): 10:44am On Aug 19, 2013
Aggrippa: omo we plenty o! why not name the org Letskillunemployment.org
nice suggestion. Think we shuld name a website afta it, www.unemployment.org .felas what do you think?if you all agree with the name den lets get sumtin started
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by norigams(m): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2013
ehixking: Bees,ants and many other social insects despite the size of their brains,come together to build up hills for shelter,to store up food when its abundant for the next season because of the uncertainty in weather conditions or in case of famine!!

Truck drivers,mechanics,pepper grinders,market women and less educated entrepreneur also have their associations. They come together and look for ways forward!!they think ahead and avert any thing they think might be an obstruction in their various endeavors. So why can we as graduate come together to solve these problems!!

Let's use our brains to solve our own problems. The government is not ready to carter for us.
Nigeria youths are not lazy and not violent. During the Fuel subsidy crises I was in ibadan when old men were trying to protest youth were sleeping inside but during the time for recruitment by National population commission the crowd was so much that a fight broke out. This is just to show you how ready we are to work.
There was a time the senate where debating on paying jobless youth if there was an association like these an sure we would have done something about it..
Joblessness in Nigeria is terrible and the statistics is Huge

If u have any idea on how to go about these paste your views and opinion here or
send me an email to ehixking@gmail.com
And to the management and crew of naira land and especially the "boss" seun osewa can help us publicize this!!
[color=#990000][/color] me wan becom una president pls
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Sunkyy: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2013
am interested williams, south west( lagos), 08032820316, talk2williamz@yahoo.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by queenataba(f): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2013
Am in, queen 07083016685 Rivers
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kennosman(m): 10:57am On Aug 19, 2013
livebullet: ...in my own humble view bringing people together who are experiencing the same problem is a good one but i want to first appeal if the name could be changed. Because will our focus just be on the unemployment issue? I think an association which covers a broader goal will be more useful. I mean we should be focusng on issues on how to challenge corruption and bad leadership which is d primary cause of this unemployment...and if we must focus on Unemployment strictly. it is not enough to sit inside the comfort of our bedrooms and punch our laptops and devices(like i am guilty of ryt now)just to post some few letters on a social media page. We have to make the impact of our message felt. We have to cry out loud! What about organising peaceful and well coordinated protests, what about speaking straight to our leaders, to our "high and mighties" since we are by destiny's conferment,future custodians of this great nation. let me awaken our cognizance here; If we do not correct this menance that is ridding this nation of its best minds now, our unborn children will be the innocent victims of our silence. The children of the fat bellied elites who currently rob us of our rights will still in the future rob our descendants of this same rights... We have no other country to call home. All we have was all our fathers handed down to us; a nation wit great but misused potentials. If we must form ourselves into a union, then let us realise that a the union's purpose is only justified if nothing but patriotic motives are the reasons we converge.... well, this just the thought of a true Nigerian. Count me in
i really like ur comment my broda.nice one,but talkn about mass protest,dat wil b difficult 4 nw to get everyone 4rm all d geopolitical zone to converge 2geda.i think d best option 4 nw is to v a website,whch i suggest shuld b named www.unemployment.org .whch will b easily accessd and also serve as a vioce 4 communication
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by lakemoyoh: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2013
This is a nice trend. I cnt imagine my graduated since 2010 nd stil jobless. But i knw this can serve as a development for we nd those coming behind us
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Excellentmove: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2013
Forward ever, backward never. NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER! Count me in, Emmanuel, Calabar, Christsexcejlence@gmail.com. Pls lets get facebook group page 4 now, this is serious o, i advise all d distractors to stay clear with all their enterpreneural nonsense, a country where u cant get loan/assistance of any sort, who will send area boys after u at any attempt to start any small business in d name of tax, a country dat shamelessly collect application fees from unemployed and ended up employing their children who are nm even qualified, applied or attended interview etc must b made to do d correct thing. THERE MUST B NO ELECTIONS UNTIL THIS CASE IS SOLVED.. All these heartless ppl MUST DIE BY FIRE, DIE BY FIRE, DIE BY FIRE, DIE DIE, DIE, BY FIRE, BY FORCE. I dey vex o.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by abayomilove(m): 11:06am On Aug 19, 2013
Abayomi Tunde Sameul (Ibadan/Oyo State South/West Nigeria)
Abayomitundesam@gmail.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by cj1080(m): 11:09am On Aug 19, 2013
This has been a long time in coming, was wondering when something like this would finally show up.

But folks, we need to make it look professional,else no one will take you seriously.we also have to understand that it will take time to get recognition.journey of a thousand miles.

Now how do we make it professional.

We need to register it as a non profit organisation with its goals and objectives clearly stated.

We need to have a managerial board based on election or selection for which the criteria will be clearly state.

What we do has to be felt both locally and internationally.

we need to find sponsorship.

we need objectives that cater towards the Nigerian unemployed, seminars local and international, job fairs, entrepreneurship etc.

And we must be serious on helping and growing the Nigerian unemployed. capacity building must be a must.

Already we have sponsorship backing in the place of seun nairaland, allowing this to go to front page. meaning we will have that same clout when next we have something important to say.

The only problem I for see for this is a lack of organised leadership to push through these goals. From what I see of this organisations future, it has the ability to influence change in our society and create a franchise in other nations.

planning and execution is key.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ReubenAbati: 11:12am On Aug 19, 2013
If these are the graduates Nigeria now produce, then SMH!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by finalstep: 11:13am On Aug 19, 2013
In fact very splendid, I am going to volunteer my office as headquarter for owerri chapter. Any any person from owerri can send me mail on finalstepacademy@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kukus01(m): 11:21am On Aug 19, 2013
the way Nigerian graduate go about everything is pathetic.....its disappointing to know that most of them think internet is only for social forum, what happened to ideas and creativity? the availability of the internet is a key factor in enhancing ideas and creativity.....someone once made a statement that 90% of Nigerian graduate is unemployable. i once told a graduate to bring up a proposal for an ICT Project which i wanted to involve him.... i provided him a laptop, internet modem, and external hard drive ..... the bigot was only using my internet facility to download davido songs...... i can bet half of all these graduate shouting am in am in cant even use Microsoft word, its business centers that makes resume for them, not to talk of presenting themselves worthy of being employed. its disheartening to see youths just pinging and wasting their lives away on facebook etc..... please you should all sitdown and think look within your inner mind find what you are good at and expose it. my 1 kobo for una!!!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by cj1080(m): 11:22am On Aug 19, 2013
From the trend I have read so far, I like where it's going.

Now I think one of the ways to effectively cater from everyone in this association is to create chapters by Region, by state and by local.

e.g National association of unemployed youths Lagos Chapter Ikoyi section.

So within a specific area of a state there is a section to cater for the people within that section.

There can be a section head and his excise.(when we finally get around to that).

Any available law in the house can draft a constitution for how things should work.

Now how to we gather popularity.

Facebook pages,Twitter handles, Google plus.

see them as where people can come hangout and talk.

Sorry just saying my own two cents

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

Parade By Boys Of Nigerian Military School Zaria Goes Viral / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) / Brila FM Sacks Murphy Ijemba (radio Paparazi), Sean Amadi Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.