Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? (43869 Views)

Help My Girlfriend Is Asking Another Guy Out / Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / No Guy As Ever Asked Me Out!!!no True Lover At 17...wat Is Wrng Wit Me??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by delepaul(m): 10:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
segzi cres:
This is why you will grow old and get married at age 52
....Haha...shuu..shey dis girl dey vex u ni?
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by warrior101: 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
nyssa111:

U know what?

One funny detail I left out
I couldn't care less what anybody thinks/says..

I've always glided peacefully and quietly across NL, just thought I'll contribute a little..

Am well aware of some folks that are just here to insult/castigate others..

you can say whatsoever pleases you, I aint replying nobody no more..

Peace to y'all..

attention seeker. we have noticed you.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by RtFNJ: 11:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
berem: Yes i did some years back and it turned out well. cool
I truly respect U... U v a lion hrt, like dat of a guy... I admire girl who ask guys out, cos it tk a lot to do dat.. Grt one my dear
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by babadem2much(m): 11:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
says who? dont hide under d cover of culture n traditions

melojames: Nigerian culture discriminates against that.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nicepoker(m): 6:30am On Aug 12, 2013
Harbosede02: shut up pls!!!u r a guy u av no ryt 2 tell me dat...love isn't blind anymore
love is stil blind.only mariage wil open ur eyes
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by otodeluxe(m): 6:59am On Aug 12, 2013
Forza p:

GBAM!

I wonder if she's from ice age. Wake up and smell the cofee dear. The days of manna are over. Nowadays you go after what you like you.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by abeyoyebanjiya(m): 7:40am On Aug 12, 2013
girls cant do it,becos dey are stingy than fly dey dont av anythng for u unless u giv bad alltitude
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2013
warrior101:

attention seeker. we have noticed you.
shez refering 2 lyks of u...
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by JoanJohnson(f): 9:15am On Aug 12, 2013
I've not asked a guy out b4, but i show my interest if i like him. Guys know when a gurl likes dem same tin with gals. Not just our culture here i think.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by segzicres(m): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2013
Harbosede02: lolz,y nt send it?
To send pin na hard work? Wish kin olodo you be sef? sad angry
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2013
segzi cres:
To send pin na hard work? Wish kin olodo you be sef? sad angry
warrefa!send or 4get it my dear.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by segzicres(m): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2013
Harbosede02: warrefa!send or 4get it my dear.
wink
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by montezz(f): 10:29am On Aug 12, 2013
Hmmm. . .stil lukn 4ward 2 it. V nt bt i can.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by MariaGoretti: 11:03am On Aug 12, 2013
montezz: Hmmm. . .stil lukn 4ward 2 it. V nt bt i can.
I love this piece.....you rock. Go all out and explore....that is what I call LIVING...!
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by captalex(m): 11:32am On Aug 12, 2013
[quote author=chidooh1]I once accepted a lady's offer to take me out, but, it turned out to be the worst experience i would ever had. I was used, i had no way to escape, it later became a relationship that i played the role of a girl and she became my master, it took me months to strategically device a means of running away from her, she was madly in love and spent all her money just to keep love afloat. Please guys, from experience, do not allow a lady to take u out, she might end up being a desperate typeI slightly disagree, girls that do so know exactly what they want and aren't afraid to chase it. Keep the stories coming.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by haibe(m): 11:44am On Aug 12, 2013
originbm:

"is it an offer for consideration/acceptance or not?"

I think you should have said:'is it a request for consideration or not?'ur grammar there is wrong.you cant "offer for cosideration".you can only request for consideration.

Now let me break it down like abc for you:make a sentence requesting for a date using 'propose 'in the sentence.

See Haibe forget any arguement u r trying to make here.if u have an english lecturer consult him.whenever u hear the phrase"propose to",u r talking of asking for a girl's hand in marriage.

Secondly ,the synonym for offer is not to propose,it is to proposition.i think thats the source of your confusion.to proposition a girl could also mean to ask a girl for se.xx.and proposition in this context is a verb .it is not the nominal form of propose.(in case u r looking at the -ion.)

Even if anyone teaches you otherwise,the person is wrong.i expect u to correct the person having known it now instead of arguing.

to propose does not in anyway mean or denote to offer.it is to proposition that is synonymous with to offer.

Have you heard of 'offer and acceptance' in law? Is that strange to you?

An offer could be for consideration, acceptance or even an action like some dictionaries put it, if you did study the definitions i gave, you won't have a problem understanding the word offer as used in that context. By saying an offer can't be for consideration you are not saying am wrong but other english scholars who gave the definition of propose.

The sixth definition i gave for the word propose was 'to make an offer, esp of marriage', are you trying to say this definition from the dictionary is wrong? How can you say 'to propose' does not in any way mean or denote to offer? Why then is it used in the context of marriage(the 6th definition), i guess you have to challenge a lot of english scholars to be right on this one.

I never said the synonym of offer is propose, i only said,"when you ask a girl out, is it an offer for consideration/acceptance or not?" And you said no, meaning when you ask a girl out it isn't an offer for acceptance, you are just confused bro, If propose(intransitive) is exclusive to marriage in the relationship definitions, then you wouldn't get phrases like 'esp marriage', 'mostly marriage', 'mainly marriage' as used in some definitions, take your time to study.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by haibe(m): 11:49am On Aug 12, 2013
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspxrd=1&word=propose

@originbm you can take your time to study all the definitions given for propose here, by the time you are through, you should not have any problem with simple english again.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by originbm: 12:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
haibe:

Have you heard of 'offer and acceptance' in law? Is that strange to you?

An offer could be for consideration, acceptance or even an action like some dictionaries put it, if you did study the definitions i gave, you won't have a problem understanding the word offer as used in that context. By saying an offer can't be for consideration you are not saying am wrong but other english scholars who gave the definition of propose.

The sixth definition i gave for the word propose was 'to make an offer, esp of marriage', are you trying to say this definition from the dictionary is wrong? How can you say 'to propose' does not in any way mean or denote to offer? Why then is it used in the context of marriage(the 6th definition), i guess you have to challenge a lot of english scholars to be right on this one.

I never said the synonym of offer is propose, i only said,"when you ask a girl out, is it an offer for consideration/acceptance or not?" And you said no, meaning when you ask a girl out it isn't an offer for acceptance, you are just confused bro, If propose(intransitive) is exclusive to marriage in the relationship definitions, then you wouldn't get phrases like 'esp marriage', 'mostly marriage', 'mainly marriage' as used in some definitions, take your time to study.

When u use a language in a sense which is particular to a particular profession it becomes jargon of that profession.propose cannever imply offer in regular english which is wat u were implying.

if u can use propose in an intransitive form to denote anything outside to ask for someone's hand in marriage then make a sentence with propose in the intransitive form indicating to take a girl out and lets c ur ignorance now.i am not in the place to argue with u .i am telling u.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
segzi cres:
Good geh, oya pm ir pin, jeka set p wink

Why do you say never? Another old single woman in the making angry
Look at you,is it compulsory to do what others do? Why did my response get at you?
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
Why should a man even be a priority? Oops
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by originbm: 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
haibe: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspxrd=1&word=propose

@originbm you can take your time to study all the definitions given for propose here, by the time you are through, you should not have any problem with simple english again.

I hv looked up the dictionary,u presented.i think i understand the problem.u take "especially",to only mean "to a greater degree".especially also means "particularly,specifically,.check ur dictionary there.and this is the form in which it is used.
how come u read only the top and left to teach people here.the thesaurus stated wat ive been trying to teach u.when they defined propose in the intransitive form it became for marriage request specifically.check it up.

n.b. wen i said propose does not denote offer,i meant in the intransitive form.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2013
@Harbosede

why did you change ur profile pic? Is it cos u've been getting dissed? Well ur new one, which is a combination of several shots, has got a shot where u look like someone with pot belly;another shows u have patch-patch hair like sey rat chop am. With all those deformities, i still wont mind bleeping you.....hahahaha God forbid grin

oya revenge make i see u.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Lamasta(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
Harbosede02: if i ask a guy out and he turns me down,i wonder wat a gurl wud do wen u ask ha out...*spits*

People like You when You clock 40 and no guy to call your husband You start to disturb the busy PROPHETS and FASTING and PRAYING unneccessarily, I PITY YOU and your LOUSY mouth. No woo guy wait for the Husband(MANNA) to fall from above........
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2013
^^^ Harbosede

i no fit shout o
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2013
Segeggs: ^^^ Harbosede

i no fit shout o
wu cares??
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by haibe(m): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
@originbm its clear you just keep understanding what you assume to be true, am gonna leave you to your understanding.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by originbm: 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
haibe: @originbm its clear you just keep understanding what you assume to be true, am gonna leave you to your understanding.

ahh haibe...kk.look at this.

"I proposed to lara yesterday."

The above sentence means only"i asked for lara's hand in marriage."

try and see if u can use propose in an intransitive form to denote "asking a girl out". maybe then u will understand what i am trying to put to you better.

Now look at these two sentences:

1:I proposed to Lara yesterday
2:I proposed marriage to Lara yesterday.

can u see any difference bw both of them.try using any of the forms to make a sentence asking a girl out.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by segzicres(m): 11:36pm On Aug 12, 2013
sexytabhi:
Look at you,is it compulsory to do what others do? Why did my response get at you?
Lol, it didnt tet to me, you have refused to evolve with evolution, your values are still archaic. im sorry if i sound rude but you need to inderstand to always review "mentalities" and do away with them or make them better. Im sure your not an objective thinking person so you will just take this personal and feel the need to insult me but im sure i hit that home. wink
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 13, 2013
segzi cres:
Lol, it didnt tet to me, you have refused to evolve with evolution, your values are still archaic. im sorry if i sound rude but you need to inderstand to always review "mentalities" and do away with them or make them better.[b]Im sure your not an objective thinking person so you will just take this personal and feel the need to insult me [/b]but im sure i hit that home. wink
No baby,you got it wrong,there's no point insulting you cos I don't do it. Now you misunderstood that comment cos of your one sided mentality which makes you believe other people do what you do. (which is more archaic). I have never asked a man out and will never ask one out,next time before you jump rudely at people,try and ask some questions that way you will display more maturity and less ignorance kiss..you would look like a modern man when you put up some respect for people smiley
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 13, 2013
Segeggs: @Harbosede

why did you change ur profile pic? Is it cos u've been getting dissed? Well ur new one, which is a combination of several shots, has got a shot where u look like someone with pot belly;another shows u have patch-patch hair like sey rat chop am. With all those deformities, i still wont mind bleeping you.....hahahaha God forbid grin

oya revenge make i see u.
gosh!are u dis daft??i changed my pix cos i wanted 2,nt 2 impress any1..xo jst find sumfin doing 2 kip ur pathetic lyf busy!!wana be!!
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 13, 2013
Harbosede02: gosh!are u dis daft??i changed my pix cos i wanted 2,nt 2 impress any1..xo jst find sumfin doing 2 kip ur pathetic lyf busy!!wana be!!
sorry, i no know sey e go pain you grin
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 13, 2013
Harbosede02: wu cares??
everybody+you

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

The Best Gift A Woman Can Give To Her Husband/fiance. / My Older Cousin Lets Me Do Anything I Want To Her / "Most Downfalls Of Men Are Caused By Multiple Girlfriends, Sex Is Spiritual"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.