Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? (43831 Views)

Help My Girlfriend Is Asking Another Guy Out / Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / No Guy As Ever Asked Me Out!!!no True Lover At 17...wat Is Wrng Wit Me??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by deturla: 11:13am On Aug 11, 2013
Valiantvaliant: jst give me some signs if am intrested i'll go for u, and if i dont let it jst stop dia. it really pisses me off when they do it themselves, its unlady-like

YOU BET!!!IT IS
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by originbm: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2013
lorretta u: Most guys would like a lady to ask them out so that they can brag to their friends how one slutty girl is throwing herself all over him.
And encourage him to 'knack' her. In their voice it goes "guy no dull o. See free punni. Guy no fall my hand o."
All these ones waiting for a lady to ask them out,lol you're in for a loooong wait.in this jungle of no gentlemen u really expect a girl to throw her dignity at ur feet just like that?
Truth is that it doesn't matter.and it's a bit admirable.
But problem is with the attitude of men. So many girls will NEVER take that chance,
Unless of course I find myself in yankee.
Sorry dudes.for now y'all gotta be doing the chasing. wink

Surround urself with the right kinda guyz the.
it depends on the guy.not every guy will talk about a lady to other guys.i think guys will also use the lines above when they ask a girl out and she agrees.many guys are quick to embellish their conquests.and the truth is that whether u hold out or not many guys will always love to make it look like an easy conquest so as to get the back-patting of their peers.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by bahlow: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2013
femi9naija: To be candid, I've had like 10 gals trying to initiate something with me. That's separate 4rm the countless that contact via Facebook. May be it had to do with my good looks, I dunno. Even when I worked as a teacher, small gals too (chai this world don craze finish).
I gave some of them chances but it never worked past 3 months after which we break up, I know it's cos i'm somebody that doesn't like commitment. It's not bad 4 a lady to ask a guy out, they do it in developed countries, just that in Africa, especially 9ja, we tend to attach different sentiments to issues.
Bro u too much oo. Eyin ni kan Obinrin mewa...Gals no dey see handsome guy for face nah..May God give u d spirit of commitment(amin).
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nenyeluv(f): 11:32am On Aug 11, 2013
don't really think is dat bad, but me i can't cos the way guys go abt it is nothing to write home abt.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by nichole2(f): 11:40am On Aug 11, 2013
angry why are most of the guys picking on (harbosede). Everyone has a right to their own opinions,feelings & reasonings about things
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by bahlow: 11:46am On Aug 11, 2013
Nenyeluv: don't really think is dat bad, but me i can't cos the way guys go abt it is nothing to write home abt.
Hmmmm, i concur with u on dat aspect cus some guys do take it for granted wen a lady ask dem out nd vice verse. It's coined from 2 aspect cus we arent equal..Different guyz with der different behaviour. Shalom!!
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by originbm: 11:52am On Aug 11, 2013
orgasticdance:
This, to my mind, does not equate to her asking you out. She only initiated and is drooling over you, but in the end na u go still pop the big Q? Now my question to these guys who are claiming they've been asked out by girls is:

1. How many girls have come to you at a restaurant or some crowded area filled with people to initiate a conversation, and then ask you for your phone number then FOLLOWS up within a day or two, because they find you attractive and want to start a relationship?
2. How many girls have spotted you in say a market, trailed you for minutes and then stops you at a convenient corner to chat u up and collect ur number?
3. How many girls have added you on FB, sent you a msg indicating their interest, and persist in trying to hook up with u?
4. I could go on, but my point is, how many of them have actually gone out of their way to ask you out, which most men do?

Girls do all these thing but in a much more subtle way than guys.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by sonyc00(m): 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hmm.it wasnt today na.well watever a man can do a woman can do better.right guys wink
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
MuyiGL:

"If you find yourself in Yankee"? And what makes these Yankee men any different from men all over the world?
nothing muc per se. Except that they are used to having assertive females. They won't be shocked or feel on top of the world if a lady asks them out first. And even if they aren't interested in going out with you,they won't make u feel cheap in the manner they turn you down.not necessarily cos they are better then naija guys but because they are in a different environment and used to different standard.that's for most anyway. There still might be a few who stick to the old tradition of guys asking first
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
nichole2: angry why are most of the guys picking on (harbosede). Everyone has a right to their own opinions,feelings & reasonings about things
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
originbm:

Surround urself with the right kinda guyz the.
it depends on the guy.not every guy will talk about a lady to other guys.i think guys will also use the lines above when they ask a girl out and she agrees.many guys are quick to embellish their conquests.and the truth is that whether u hold out or not many guys will always love to make it look like an easy conquest so as to get the back-patting of their peers.
I agree with you.
But it's always a lil bit worse if it's the lady who asked first and then the relationship goes sour(if it starts at all). And she'll feel more humiliated
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
Ladies if you love yourself, please don't approach any guy

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by femi9naija(m): 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
originbm:

Girls do all these thing but in a much more subtle way than guys.

I agree with u. They do it in a more laid back manner.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
I love ladies....they are anti-hypertensives grin cheesy
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
ibkaye: Ladies if you love yourself, please don't approach any guy
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by mikemillz(m): 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
You guyz are funny I swear, there is no crime for a lady to ask a guy out, shows how mature and reasonable she is and a go getta..
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by mikemillz(m): 1:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
Galz too dey form, shebi dem say wat a man can do, dey can do better, so if a man can ask a lady out, then it goes likewise, there is no shame in that, sometimes it doesn't need words for a lady to ask a man out, Una know as Una dey do am.....

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by haibe(m): 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
Harbosede02: guys don't "toast",they ask out!

Guys don't "ask out", they propose!

Shebi na english u wan dey speak, mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by eluquenson(m): 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2013

Oyo for u oh, ape koto jeun...oma je egungun last ni
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Tinyemeka(m): 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
lorretta u:
Read the majority of men's comments here and u'lll understand what I mean
PS I've not problem with it.
I'd rather be the wooed than the wooer wink

Meaning you'd still follow the traditional way of waiting first for the guy to ask you out.
Nne it's the 'natural' way biko. Saves you a lot of emotional stress. Don't you see how those Yankee relationships are usually short-lived?
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by haibe(m): 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
priscaoge: Have a crush on a guy,tell him and he says U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε too loose or U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε a flirt. Some guys aя̩̥̊ε so dumb dat if U̶̲̥̅̊ dare ask dem out,hmmmm U̶̲̥̅̊ will become so cheap 2 them. Personally I can't ask a guy out cos of τ̲̅ђe level of understanding som African's have.

I understand you, there are some guys who take girls that ask them out as flirts but there will always be a MR RIGHT for you, a guy that will appreciate your boldness, a guy that will love you back and you love too, he won't take you as a flirt, in this case just bury your pride and go for him before its too late.

For example, if my crush ask me out, i will be so glad and appreciate her boldness, i will never see her as a flirt because she is not., there is nothing wrong with a female asking a male out, we africans just take things too far, just imagine you are so unlucky to get another guy to ask you out and you are are now 62yrs old(as some guy said), i bet you, you would wish time could fly back and then you would go and ask that guy out, its that easy.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
haibe:

Guys don't "ask out", they propose!

Shebi na english u wan dey speak, mtcheew.
pls pls pls,don't even let me start wif u 2dai..xo guys propose wen don't wana mari d gurl abi..do u even knw d meaning of dat word "propose"

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Iaz93: 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
Harbosede02: pls pls pls,don't even let start wif u 2dai..xo guys propose wen don't wana mari d gurl abi..do u even knw d meaning of dat word "propose"
LOL! I likey you, Bosede.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Danieltskaa: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2013
Pride and ego
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by dayo4(m): 2:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
say for yourself only (dont say for others)

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
dayo4:
say for yourself only (dont say for others)
best advise they could take tbh

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
Smh at some comments here.
This ain't my kinda thread tho'
#drives away*
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by otikpoko(m): 2:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
obaxlove: How I wish a girl can just ask me out! Maybe becos I am cashless and ugly. Lolz Seriously if she can I will treat her like a super star.
Dey wait...YOU GO OLD DIE!! grin grin
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by haibe(m): 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
shikenosa: even if a guy ask u out hez stil gona av d intention of knackin ur punni and his frndz are stil gona tell him "guy no dull oo see free punni" so itz stil d same tin...a guy wit d intention of knackin ur punni wil alwyz wana knack weda he ask u out or u do....

You ve said it all
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by haibe(m): 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
Olajumokeibk: Oh Gosh! That's d suckest tin av ever heard. Am i not beautiful enough to get any guy I want without asking him out? Evn my eyes will make him fall head down. I trust my guts , they nevr fall my hand

You fine true true but how can you be so sure you will find another guy who truely loves you like the one who you are supposed to ask out, you may be beautiful but that doesn't guarantee you a marriage, you may be attractive but that doesn't guarantee you a right partner, when you see someone you love and loves you truely, don't wait for him to ask you out, it may be too late because other girls no dey smile, ask the single lady of 57 year, she will appreciate that guy than you because she know its not so easy to find a MR RIGHT!..
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Asked A Guy Out ? by originbm: 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
i think most guyz here are looking at 'asking out' from the rough and tumble manner of guys.a girl would initiate a converstion tentatively with a guy she fancies,and if the guy is approacheble and sweet.she would make other overtures,like asking y questions like:y are u always alone?,always wearing a brown suit,or always anything,or asking y dont always relate with girls,or asking if u r the shy type...anything.gradually testing the waters she might invite u to a birthday party,art exhibition,etc.and withh time the guy gets with the rythm and opts in fully if the attraction is mutual...

it might be a long shot to think a girl would just meet u and like most guyz do just say something like: hey handsome where r u going?mind if i chat u up for a moment.i really love the way u walk,plus ur shape is to die for..."

And d truth is that most girls ask a guy out the way they would love a guy to ask them out .i.e with extreme consideration for their nature which demands security in a relationship.

On the whole if u are very approachable,sweet-mannered,and mature-minded(not comming across as petty),girls will find it easy to ask you out.

Same goes for girls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

This Is Why Men Cheat / Why Women Dislike Nice Guys / Side Chic Insults Her Boyfriend's Wife On Facebook Over Their Sex Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.